The Elder Scrolls: Brothers at War [Always Room for More]

Started by Black Howling, August 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuraiShiuzaki

*slowly walks in an looks around waves gently* umm...Hello. Well Im still really knew her to Elliquiy an am looking for places to be in. This one was recomended to me so I figured I would take a look. I'm intrested as well playing a charater or two.

*looks over at Nim an smiles an waves* hey found it here alright. Thanks for the invite.

I hope I am doing this right well here it gose.

*What Type of character are you interested in playing?

1st one would probably be a female Rouge of some kind other is up for thot.

*Would you enjoy plot points from your backgrounds appearing in game?
*looks around* umm...I think so

*How familiar are you with TES history/lore?
I have played many hours in the game but as far as history an lore i'm not to good with.

*Have you ever seen The Oath of Drake for group games?
*looks down* umm...no sadly I am not. Like I said just getting back into RPing an havn't had much time for games but Skyrim was one I played all the time when I had the chance.

Black Howling

Glad to have your interest, Kurai! Please check out The Oath of Drake linked here. That explains the type of etiquette we're expecting. It's mainly common sense codified, and we aren't requiring people to take the oath. It's just something we want everyone to read.

Glad to see someone else, though; and happy to be one of your first interests upon coming back to RP!

KuraiShiuzaki

*smiles softly an bows head* thank you. I am happy to be here. I will take a look at the link. *skips off to do so*

Eternal Blade

Name: Lucretia Tullius

Race: Imperial

Physical Details/Short history: : At 5'5, Lucretia's never been tall, especially among the courts of Cyrodil, and even more noticeably in Skyrim. That didn't stop her from following her families footsteps and joining the Imperial Legion at fifteen, and during that time she was designated with the Battle Mages due to her mothers gift for magic. She rose through the ranks well enough during the war with the Thalmor, but when she was twenty a man approached her with a document carrying the seal of the Emperor. That seal carried in it a mission of importance, and so she followed her orders.

It turned out it was a test from the Blades, and not long after completing it she was recruited into their number. It was the first thing she'd done to distinguish herself as the granddaughter of the famous(or infamous depending on who speak to)General Tullius who was the Governor of Skyrim during the Storm-cloak Rebellion. She went on to serve both in Skyrim, although the Blades pulled her out once her family relations became known to the Nords there, and behind the lines of the Thalmor.

That led to her next distinguished moment, and it wasn't the honor that joining the Blades had been. While on assignment, she was recognized, and a short chase ensued. Once she thought she'd lost them, she went to complete her assignment, but when she met with her contact an ambush was waiting. She managed to fight through the trap, but she couldn't out run them once she was free. She was caught and summarily interrogated, and while she didn't give any information away of her own volition, through spell and skillful wording they got the information she had.

The Thalmor released her, much to everyone's surprise, and then they sent a message to both the Blades and the Emperor that she had betrayed them by willingly consorting with them. The Empire imprisoned her not long after, and went about interrogating her to see if she had betrayed them. Of course the interrogators didn't care of her innocence, they merely wanted a confession. Thankfully during the lull between interrogations, her father, a General in his own right and the Son of General Tullius got her out of the Imperial Prison. He wouldn't help her beyond that, and she knew they only place she'd stand a chance of escaping the Empires wrath, Skyrim. There she'd only have to worry about the Blades who considered her a traitor...

Core Combat Skills*:

• One Handed
  • Destruction
  • Light Armor
  • Unarmed

Core Supplementary Skills:

• Restoration
  • Sneak
  • Conjuration

Secondary Skills:

• Illusion
  • Speech
  • Alchemy

Starting Equipment:

• Akavari Katana
  • Custom fitted Light Blades Armor
  • Few changes of clothes(Including some of her court attire from Cryodil)
  • Enchanted Leather Armor(As seen in the picture. Enchantments: More durable, and aids in magical disguise)
  • 232 Septims(Her father got her equipment back, he could only help so much.)
Standing Stone: The Lady

Faction Affiliations: Formerly A member of the Blades

{Added in my standing stone. She invoked it during her time in Skyrim as a Blade.}

Black Howling

Well, you are accepted in my book. Love the character, but we'll have to wait till Luna wakes to make the final decision. Though I hardly see her saying no.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Dashenka

I really enjoy all TES games and so do I like this one.

Only concern I have at this moment is the number of players. How many players are there already?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Wargtass

A pretty fair amount, but as I understand it we'll be going around in smaller groups?
O/O

Nim

Name: Nar'Rystlyn or Ryst

Race: Khajiit/Dark Elf

Chronologically Mid 30's

Physical Details/Short history: The Kajiit stood a few stalls away from where all the people had been gathering to gawk at the dead Argonian man who had very recently lost his life.  She was dressed in all black with a long black flowing hooded cloak covering her armor Dragon bone fire bow and Dragon bone arrows.  With a short sword at each side of her waist and several other blades secreted away in her armor including hidden blades up her sleeves.  Nar'Rystlyn was one of the fabled Nightingale's a master of shadow, the bow and blade.  The male Argonian had thought to sell her short of a job she had finished performing for him.  It had been a long and tedious job which she had truly enjoyed but she was not about to be shorted for all of her hard work and time put into the job. 

The man had thought he would be safe standing about in the public square where he had been spending all morning and most of the early afternoon.  As attested to his dead but still warm corpse laying on the ground he had been dead wrong in his assumptions that he was completely safe.  Not only was he dead but he had been relieved of all of his valuables including the keys to his private residence. 

Nar'Rystlyn smiled under her mask listening to the rumors that the fabled Dark Brotherhood had struck the man down.  If that is what the fools wanted to believe she certainly wasn't going to offer any other suggestions as to what might have really happened.  The Kajiit herself had spent several years looking for the Dark Brotherhood which she had heard so much of from her own father as he bounced her on his knee.  Her father had been a part of the brotherhood and had been sent to kill her mother.  He however met his match in his target and was the one to end up on the floor of her mothers home laying in a pool of his own blood.

However a very strange thing happened which her mother (whom Nar' Rystlyn was the spitting image of only receiving from her father his resistance to fire) could never really explain.  She took pity on the man whom had sought her life and in the process of nursing him back to health fell in love with the Dark Elf.  Stranger still the man also fell in love and hence began a very unlikely romance which led to being married.  Her father had been much older than her mother and so he had passed on to his next life when Nar'Rystlyn had been a young girl.  But not before passing on his strange tales of working for the Brotherhood who received their jobs from someone called the Night Mother. 

Finally deciding she had heard and seen enough of the spectacle she had caused Nar'Rystlyn moved silently and gracefully into the Bannerred Mare for a well earned drink.  She had already given her story to the guards who had taken what she had told them at face value.  Why shouldn't they when the mention of belonging to a certain group and the price of a few measly coins went a long way in keeping oneself out of trouble. 

Core Combat Skills*: Please list 3 - 4

• Archery
  • Duel Wielding short swords
  • Light Armor
  • Block

Core Supplementary Skills:Please list 3 - 4

• Sneak
  • Lockpicking
  • Pickpocket
  • Illusion
Secondary Skills: Please list 3 - 4

• Smithing
  • Enchanting
  • Restoration
  • Speach
Starting Equipment:

• Nightingale Armor
  • Dragon bone Bow and Arrows, enchanted with fire and shock
  • Dragon bone short swords.  enchanted in same manor as bow
  • Healing Potions
  • Lockpicks
  • Specially made hidden blades built into sleeves of armor.
    Note: All weapons made and enchanted by Nar'Rystlyn
Standing Stone: The Theif stone: Increases Agility and Finesse to as Above

Faction Affiliations: Member of the Thieves Guild, eventually in game will be come part of Dark Brotherhood, has not sided with either of the brothers.  Ulfric's treatment of her people having left a very bad taste in her mouth leaves her with no interest in his heir.  The Dragon born's heir despite the Legend's Reputation is unknown to her and therefore must be watched and observed before any decision can be made.  Although within her line of work she often finds herself dealing with both sides.  After all her Guild must continue to thrive and flourish. 

Black Howling

Quote from: Dashenka on August 07, 2013, 07:14:34 AM
I really enjoy all TES games and so do I like this one.

Only concern I have at this moment is the number of players. How many players are there already?

We have a significant amount of players. Not all accepted characters have been moved over to the accepted characters thread yet, though. And until they are I don't really consider them actually that interested. Total posted characters, including mine and Luna's, are up to 11. We are also planning on not having everyone in the same hold at once. That'd be an easy way to get confused.

If you're interested go ahead and write up a sheet. Recruitment hasn't closed for a reason, and things are not likely to get crowded in a single thread.

Nim: Gotta wait for Luna. Since you are highly connected to her Hold, I have some questions to ask. Great looking sheet though.

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Black Howling

Quote from: Dashenka on August 07, 2013, 10:16:45 AM
Alright.. I'll see what I can conjure up :D

Looking forward to it. :)

Removed the female character preference for now.

Snark

Lots of great characters here! I'm excited to get started!

Black Howling

Quote from: Snark on August 07, 2013, 03:02:02 PM
Lots of great characters here! I'm excited to get started!

First post has all the OOC topics, and two threads have been started. Moving slow so far, but you can jump in.

KuraiShiuzaki

Name: Ru'Ashka
    Race: Altmer/Breton
    Chronologically:  154 

Physical Details/Short history:  Standing at 6'1 Ru'Ashka is the daughter of a High Elf of the Altmer her mother an a Breton her father. She is lean but don't let that fool you. She is very strong an is great in battle. She has learned much in the art of battle an in the art of healing an surviving on her own threw out her travels. Her eyes are mysterious looking. They are hard an seem to be full of little emotion an are the color of  emeralds with purple flakes in them. Ru'Ashka  rarely smiles an appears to be serious about everything she dose. She analyzes all possibility an prepares for the worst of them.

She was conceived on the night of a full moon when both her parents were love struck an lonely for each other an had met in between there own journeys. Her mother was a scholar an teacher on Summerset Isle an dabbled in dark magic as well but always in secret. Her mother raised Ru'Ashka as a High Elf an took her on all her journeys of knowledge taught her many things. However one day her mother had a lead on some ancient texts an they had traveled alone deep into the depth of a cave. Her mother had awakened a dark power an in turn it had taken her mother from her. Ru'Ashka managed to escape an returned to Summerset Isle. Something had happened to Ru'Ashka in that cave. Something she will never talk about but something that changed her forever.

She was soon band from Summerset Isle when the others had found out what her mother had been up to. She was very young an had to take to the rode. She had met up with some Rouge's who took her in an tough her to be strong, battle tactics, an the spirit of a warrior. She searched for who her father was an found him living in Valenwood. He did not care to have a daughter but knew he had to teach her. So he made a promise to teach her his peoples ways an would take care of her till she was old enough to take out on her own. Leaving her father an his clan behind Ru'Ashka took out on her own. She spent much time with all kinds of people learning all she could from them before moving on. She spent many years with a couple. The man was a Blacksmith an an Alchamest. The women was an archer an a enchantress. It was the way they made there living an had taught Ru'Ashka everything they knew. Ru'Ashak had almost considered them family an one day they were killed when a dragon had attacked there home an she had been away at the market one day.

Now she travels alone as a Rouge herself. She lives by her own ways an dose not let others tell her what she can an can not do. She is stubborn to the core an will do all she can to prove to someone she can accomplish anything. She is quite an a loner an has found great comfort in her ways as such. She is a quick learner an is always looking for new things to learn but lives by her own beliefs in boundary an morals. Those who know her find her to be kind but strong. Others find her to be feared or cursed an keep away.
    Core Combat Skills*:
    • Heavy Armor
    • Two- handed
    • Archery
    • Duel Wielding

• Restoration
    • Sneek
    • Block
    • Enchanting

• Alchemy
    • Lock picking
    • Speech
    • Smithing
    Starting Equipment:

• Custom Fited Daedric Armor Enchanted with Absorb Health
    • Daedric Sword enchanted with Fiery Soul Trap
    • Daedric Sword enchanted with Absorb Magica
    • Daedric Bow an Arrows Enchanted with Chaos Damage
    • Healing an Magic Postions
    • Soul Gems of all kinds
    • Horse that carries bags with herbs, potions, soul gems, bed roll, cloths, Alchemy Supply's an other basic gear.
    • 450 Septims
    • 20 lock picks

Faction Affiliations: Is not affiliated as of yet. She goes were her hart tells her an can be swayed if it fits her needs.

*looks around shyly. Umm...I know the pic is really big. Still trying to learn about the Wiki things. First time I've done a pic on here by myself an not sure how to re-size it. An umm...I hope she is ok. Heh

Black Howling

Hello again, Kurai. Some things I need changed. After they are fixed, you have my approval and need only wait for Lady Luna. I'll make sure she checks it soon. >_>

I notice you have a core combat skill listed as a supplemental. I explained this earlier but should have clarified it on the first post. Core combat skills are things directly meant to kill your opponent, or keep yourself from being killed. Thus why there is only a certain number of them to choose from. Supplemental and core skills are everything else, just in different ranges. Some are more specific to one or the other, but that's the quick and dirty run down as I'm trying to keep this as system free as possible. No one wants a system bogging down their fantasy, after all.

Another note, you have dual wielding which simply goes into the one handed skill. You also have two handed and block listed. Are you attempting to make a two weapon fighter type? If that's the case, your core combat should be listed as follows.

• Heavy armor

• One handed

• Archery

That would fix that if it was the problem. Also, block is the core combat skill I mentioned. It's also not needed to parry with a blade, it's simply for shields and shield bashes. I'm trying to keep things simple, and there's no need to have an extra skill when parries should be easily included in swordsmanship.

Thanks for dealing with my long windedness. Please take care of that which was listed and you have my approval. I'd normally mention the enchantments to your equipment, but as you have enchantment as a core supplemental, it makes perfect sense to me.

;) The story was excellent, though; excited to see more like it in the game!

arkhos

Nice pic too, Kurai!

(hides behind Black Howling)
    Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

KuraiShiuzaki

*nods* thank you for your quick reply. Yes I was trying for a two-handed combat like style. I hope the changes I made are alright than. I was a little unclear about the areas. I do have one question though. Block you are saying is an automatic ability if I have One-Handed correct? Or are you saying it is only used with those who have shields an so forth? Sorry still a little confused. If the second of what I mentioned is the case it is the reason I left dual wielding. Hope I understand this right -_-! Please let me know if I am wrong.

*bows head to Arkhos* thank you Arkhos

*bows head to Black Howling respectfully* thank you for your approval on my enchantments. 

Name: Ru'Ashka
      Race: Altmer/Breton
      Chronologically:  154 

Physical Details/Short history:  Standing at 6'1 Ru'Ashka is the daughter of a High Elf of the Altmer her mother an a Breton her father. She is lean but don't let that fool you. She is very strong an is great in battle. She has learned much in the art of battle an in the art of healing an surviving on her own threw out her travels. Her eyes are mysterious looking. They are hard an seem to be full of little emotion an are the color of  emeralds with purple flakes in them. Ru'Ashka  rarely smiles an appears to be serious about everything she dose. She analyzes all possibility an prepares for the worst of them.

She was conceived on the night of a full moon when both her parents were love struck an lonely for each other an had met in between there own journeys. Her mother was a scholar an teacher on Summerset Isle an dabbled in dark magic as well but always in secret. Her mother raised Ru'Ashka as a High Elf an took her on all her journeys of knowledge taught her many things. However one day her mother had a lead on some ancient texts an they had traveled alone deep into the depth of a cave. Her mother had awakened a dark power an in turn it had taken her mother from her. Ru'Ashka managed to escape an returned to Summerset Isle. Something had happened to Ru'Ashka in that cave. Something she will never talk about but something that changed her forever.

She was soon band from Summerset Isle when the others had found out what her mother had been up to. She was very young an had to take to the rode. She had met up with some Rouge's who took her in an tough her to be strong, battle tactics, an the spirit of a warrior. She searched for who her father was an found him living in Valenwood. He did not care to have a daughter but knew he had to teach her. So he made a promise to teach her his peoples ways an would take care of her till she was old enough to take out on her own. Leaving her father an his clan behind Ru'Ashka took out on her own. She spent much time with all kinds of people learning all she could from them before moving on. She spent many years with a couple. The man was a Blacksmith an an Alchamest. The women was an archer an a enchantress. It was the way they made there living an had taught Ru'Ashka everything they knew. Ru'Ashak had almost considered them family an one day they were killed when a dragon had attacked there home an she had been away at the market one day.

Now she travels alone as a Rouge herself. She lives by her own ways an dose not let others tell her what she can an can not do. She is stubborn to the core an will do all she can to prove to someone she can accomplish anything. She is quite an a loner an has found great comfort in her ways as such. She is a quick learner an is always looking for new things to learn but lives by her own beliefs in boundary an morals. Those who know her find her to be kind but strong. Others find her to be feared or cursed an keep away.
      Core Combat Skills*:
      • Heavy Armor
      • One Handed
      • Archery
      • Destruction

• Restoration
      • Sneek
      • Enchanting
      • Smithing

• Alchemy
      • Lock picking
      • Speech

Starting Equipment:

• Custom Fited Daedric Armor Enchanted with Absorb Health
      • Daedric Sword enchanted with Fiery Soul Trap
      • Daedric Sword enchanted with Absorb Magica
      • Daedric Bow an Arrows Enchanted with Chaos Damage
      • Healing an Magic Postions
      • Soul Gems of all kinds
      • Horse that carries bags with herbs, potions, soul gems, bed roll, cloths, Alchemy Supply's an other basic gear.
      • 450 Septims
      • 20 lock picks

Faction Affiliations: Is not affiliated as of yet. She goes were her hart tells her an can be swayed if it fits her needs.

Black Howling

• Core Combat Skill Options: Destruction, One Handed, Two Handed, Block, Archery, Light Armor , Heavy Armor, Thu'um's and Unarmed

• Core Supplemental Skill Options: Restoration, Illusion, Sneak, Alteration, Lockpicking and Conjuration, Thu'um's and increased facility in Enchantment, Smithing, pickpocket, Alchmey and Speech.

• Secondary Skill Options: All Supplemental skills at lower capacity, as well as Pickpocket, Enchantment, Smithing, and Speech

Those are the skills as they stand. Secondary and supplemental are interchangeable to represent varying levels. Core combat skills are not, however. This is to keep over thinking them out of the way. I'm very sorry if it was confusing, and take it from close friends of mine; I don't often apologize.

Block is just for shields; so to block with weapons, or to parry, is included in the basis of the weapon skill. It makes roleplaying it easier. Dual wielding is not a skill; it's included in one handed as well. Again, this is to keep it balanced with the idea of easier roleplaying. Assume all perks are included in the skills if reasonable, and just appropriately for secondary skills.

Destruction will need to be removed from supplemental skills in light of this, but you are welcome to move it to your free spot in core combat.

Was that more understandable?

Sara Nilsson

thats a lot of daedric armour.. *hides behind ark*

arkhos

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 08, 2013, 04:20:42 AM
      thats a lot of daedric armour.. *hides behind ark*

LOL!

I love the vast -range- of characters we have! We have some with daedric armor and other awesome weapons, all the way down to people wearing little more than burlap sacks with steel blades! LOL!

AWESOME. :) I love the variety. :)

-ark
      Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Sara Nilsson

oh i agree :) i just wanted an excuse to grope your ass

arkhos

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 08, 2013, 04:26:06 AM

Since when does a lady need an excuse?

If I have a thread with you, I won't even charge my normal fee! :P

-ark

Black Howling

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 08, 2013, 04:26:06 AM

I'm putting very little emphasis on the differences in quality between the various materials. It takes away from the roleplaying aspect too much, as I said I'm trying to keep this as system light as possible. We all know what they did in game, and can relegate that it's not gonna make that much difference when put into a realistic view. It's thematic; just an aid to the characters general awesomeness. Just some info if you were curious

Quote from: arkhos on August 08, 2013, 03:39:36 AM
      (hides behind Black Howling)

With Sara's response, you hiding behind me and her hiding behind you has me worried. We're in a line now, this just got awkward. >_>

Sara Nilsson