PMs and Quotes

Started by LunarSage, November 13, 2015, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Am I going crazy or did you not used to be able to quote within a quote in PMs?  Ie if someone sent you a quote in a PM and you clicked "quote", your reply would have a blank quote.  I see that is changed now and when you do so the original quote is within the new quote.

When did this get changed?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

I'm pretty sure quoting quotes is not something that has existed.  You can copy/paste text to 'force' nested quotes, but it won't transfer automatically.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LunarSage

Quote from: Oniya on November 13, 2015, 12:01:14 PM
I'm pretty sure quoting quotes is not something that has existed.  You can copy/paste text to 'force' nested quotes, but it won't transfer automatically.

It just happened this morning with a PM.  The quote bubble in my "preview" screen was inside a bigger quote bubble.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Amelita

I just tried it (because I'm intolerably curious like that) and it didn't work. The quote I tried to quote vanished.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red