An Empire Asunder ~ In Need of An Emperor

Started by MarissaSeraphOfInsanity, July 28, 2013, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doodasaurus

I could probably play a prince if you're looking for royal family members!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on August 06, 2013, 06:37:04 PM
Hah!!! Well, how do you want her taken. XD

Well seeing as she would soooo kick is butt...:P

She wont betray him unless he screws her over first. If and when she ever gets a chance to get back her lands or kill whom ever was responsible for her families death she may be your with me or against me type thing. But we shall see when we get there. Still actually brain storming on her sexual nature..if that makes sense lol.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on August 06, 2013, 06:52:10 PM
He is good to his people. XD

All right that works we can work out some details like how long she has been on his "team" and so forth in pms. :)

Strifesblaze7

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

CurvyKitten

I'm pretty sure all the countries do at this point and time.

OH if anyone else wants to work out some BG details with either of my girls feel free to pm me. :) I love the links that lead to rp goodness. lol

Countdown0

Well, given that Aeren is going to be acting as the Imperial Bodyguard and possibly a military advisor in this, Elizabetha would probably be at least somewhat acquainted with him.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

CurvyKitten

That be cool and makes sense, he has probably known her for a good part of her life. Probably the guard that her father trusted to go after her when she would disappear :P Maybe he even was the one that taught her some of the swordsmanship or archery that she sooo wanted to know. Feel free to pm away to work out some more details. :)

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey everyone. Unfortunately, Odanrav has had to drop out of the game due to a few ongoing commitments of his own in real life. On the positive side, in order to speed things up, I'm going to adopt the roles of the heads of state, and manage them as GM so we should be able to get things off the ground soon-ish. I do have to go to class soon though, so if anyone still wants to claim those roles, you still have a little time.

Doodasaurus, a prince would be most welcome. Ember, all factions are currently in need of a Queen, so pick which ever one suits you best. :-)
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Caela

This looks like a lot of fun. Since you've said repeatedly that you need Royals, I work up a Grand Duchess. Am thinking someone with her own lands and a strong independent streak. Definitely going to end up on the Duchy side of the line lol, being sent to the conference with the intention (of her Monarch) that she make a strong alliance through marriage.

Though she's independent enough that she'll only follow that intention if she finds someone she can respect at the very least.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey Caela, I'd love to have you aboard. Just for clarification, the Grand Duchess is the monarch for the Grand Duchy faction. If you do make that character, I'd really appreciate it. It'd save me having to make the head of state for the Grand Duchy myself.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Caela

Quote from: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity on August 06, 2013, 08:42:32 PM
Hey Caela, I'd love to have you aboard. Just for clarification, the Grand Duchess is the monarch for the Grand Duchy faction. If you do make that character, I'd really appreciate it. It'd save me having to make the head of state for the Grand Duchy myself.

Ahhh, hadn't intended to make a full blown Monarch but have no problem with doing so unless Ember was planning to make the Duchy's Queen. She did say she was making a Queen character first so I wouldn't want to step on her toes that way and can easily shift my gal down to a Princess or Duchess. I'll wirte her up and see where she fits. :)

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: Caela on August 06, 2013, 08:49:43 PM
Ahhh, hadn't intended to make a full blown Monarch but have no problem with doing so unless Ember was planning to make the Duchy's Queen. She did say she was making a Queen character first so I wouldn't want to step on her toes that way and can easily shift my gal down to a Princess or Duchess. I'll wirte her up and see where she fits. :)
Sure thing. Definitely don't feel obligated to play a full blown Monarch if you don't want to. I'm about to head off, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with :-)

Ember Star

*shakes head* 'Tis fine. I've only gotten so far as to name her and find a picture for her. I'll take one of the other two. Possibly The Selician Empire but I'm not sure yet.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Caela

Name: Moiraine Eiral Hamilton
Title: Grand Duchess of Nobles
Faction: Duchy of Nobles
Sexual Orientation: Straight/Poly

Goal: Peace between her nation and that of Selecia even if it means marrying a Selecian Noble to attain. What she won't give up is her own Nobles freedom on their own lands.

Personality: Kindhearted and wickedly intelligent by nature there isn't a Noble in the Duchy that would be fool enough to try to take advantage of her good graces. Her upbringing and training have tempered her kindheartedness with a fierce determination, an iron will, a strong sense of justice, a love of her own (and her Nobles) freedom and a deep desire to retain the rights her people carved for themselves out of the wilderness. She cares nothing for the Empire and is more than willing to go to war with them but would prefer to simply live at peace with them if possible.

Appearance: Moiraine stands at an imposing (for a woman) 5'10 in her bare feet and is usually pushed closer to, if not slightly over, 6' by the heeled boots she is known for wearing. Bucking tradition she doesn't parade around in silks with her hair perfectly coiffed (instead her mane of midnight curls is usually falling in a riotous wave down her back) but prefers the soft touch of suede pants tucked into stout leather boots and tunics made of the most finely spun wool. It's not unusual for her to be seen striding through her own palace in such attire or for her to add a cloak, trimmed in the fur of a wolf she killed herself, to go out riding and hunting with the men on her estates.

Biography: Born to a Grand Duke who had wanted a son, and had no other children (her mother having died in childbirth), Moiraine (Moira to her friends) was raised as he would have raised a son. Instead of learning embroidery and needlepoint, she was taught the skills of leadership and warfare. Instead of learning how to be a good wife and run a house, she was taught strategy and how to run a Kingdom. Her father himself taught her the use of a sword and took great pride in her skill on horseback and with a bow.

By the time she was 10 she was riding out on hunts with men two and three times her age and bringing down bigger game from a greater distance.

By the time she was 15 she could, easily, beat her father, and his advisers, at any game of strategy they threw at her...even when they cheated or banded together against her.

By 20 her father was giving her ever more responsibility. Putting her in charge of their own lands in the mountains where she killed the wolf whose pelt became a part of the cloak she still wore.

At 26 her father died in battle, leaving in the entirety of the Duchy of Nobles for someone to rule far sooner then she would have anticipated or wanted. Given her relative youth at the time she was surprised when the Nobles voted on her to follow in her father's footsteps, particularly with the possibility of war looming, but she had been trained to rule from her earliest memories and took her father's mantle with a firm and just hand when they did come to a consensus. For the most part she expects her Nobles to take care of their own problems but her Court is open when they can't, or when a problem arises between Nobles. She also holds ideas about the rights of the Common Man and what a Noble owes to his/her vassals and will, occasionally hear cases if it seems clear the Noble is truly abusing those he is supposed to also be caring for.

Now she is allowing herself to be drawn to a peace conference because she wants no terms agreed to that she didn't agree to herself. She will listen to the advice and counsel of the Nobles that come as well, but in the end any treaty will be signed by her own hand, not by a proxy. She is willing to take a husband if that is a part of the terms, but only if he is a man she can respect and only if he can accept the fact that once she gives him an heir she will continue to take lovers where, and when, she chooses.

She won't be willing to give up her own freedom any more than she will give up that of her Nobles.   

Strifesblaze7

Countdown0

She plays Morgana on BBC's "Merlin". Her name is Katie McGrath.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Chronoclasm

Hurrah, Duchy boys!: We not only have a leader, now, we've also got a lady in the band! Welcome to the Duchy, Caela. Hope you enjoy your time representing us pack of freedom-loving fellows.
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Caela

Strifesblaze7

Caela

Quote from: Chronoclasm on August 06, 2013, 09:22:00 PM
Hurrah, Duchy boys!: We not only have a leader, now, we've also got a lady in the band! Welcome to the Duchy, Caela. Hope you enjoy your time representing us pack of freedom-loving fellows.

Hehehe...thanks! Having so many men about is part of why I gave her that touch of swagger and made her able to hunt and defend herself.

Being at a Conference with other Heads of State and having to dress appropriately for the occasion is going to drive her bonkers! lol

Caela

Strifesblaze7

And why do you think I was so willing to pair with her, dear Caela, lol.

Ember Star