Page Data, "Back," and Thank You

Started by ferrousaemyr, July 09, 2010, 06:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferrousaemyr

I just wanted to say that I am IMMENSELY thankful that page data is kept when using the "back button." You've no idea how much frustration that just prevented.

Thank you!

Trieste

For sites that don't do this, a lot of folks recommend Lazarus browser add-on for Firefox (there is one for Chrome as well, which I use). It restores lost form data, including posts.

Also, Google docs saves automagically. :)

ferrousaemyr

Awesome! I'll get the one for Chrome, then. :D I've had tons of journal, forum, and other things eaten up by browser mishaps.

Thank you~

Trieste

The one for Chrome can be found here.

Enjoy~

Haibane

This juicy and useful information should be handed out on neatly printed white cards by our sexily clad waitresses when people are approved.

Or the cyber equivalent.

Trieste

I'm shocked that Lilias hasn't chimed in yet, but I know she uses something else because Lazarus was buggy for her, too. You might try PMing her and asking for the name or the link.

She doesn't bite unless she knows you pretty well. :)

Lilias

I do nibble on near-strangers, though! :P

For the benefit of others who come across this, I use Textarea Cache. The upside: It's like a text version of Lazarus. The downside: It's only available for Firefox.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lilias

Lazarus for Mac (Firefox version only.)

Mac Safari Web Form Recovery

That's about as far as my google-fu could take me.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

ferrousaemyr

Didn't end up finding anything for Google Chrome other than Lazarus, which isn't Chrome-Mac friendly.

Back to the copy/paste methods, then. At least I don't have to worry about this site. :D

Trieste

Again, Google Docs makes a good backup, given the autosave feature.

Paladin

umm E dosen't aklways do this for me.

Paladin

I use IE 7, and for a while it did work, then sometimes it dosen't, and then sometyimes it does... again. Its like it can't make up its mind.