Winging it like Pros 1 on 1 RP (Hunter Phoenix & Lady Temptress)

Started by Hunter Phoenix, July 04, 2013, 04:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

In the land of Conclavia, there was once a Great War. Thousands were killed or enslaved by the dark powers and forces of Putyr, the most evil ruler to ever exist in the Outlands. Leading an army that stood 10 million strong, he threatened to overwhelm the realm and conquer all, putting himself on the throne to rule with an iron fist that would see no innocent being live for very long. Fortunately, the citadels of Simica, Azor and Selenar formed an unlikely alliance, setting their petty squabbles behind them, uniting into one force. They drove back the hordes of Putyr, losing many of their bravest and best men in the process. The land was ravaged, dark magics met with light and twisted the landscape, rendering entire regions uninhabitable due to residual energies and dark beings that were created.

Peace was eventually brought back to the land of Conclavia, but the cost was high and even now, the Citadels are struggling to replenish their ranks and restore their lands to their former glory. Many believe that Putyr was vanquished in the final battle that saw his army broken and driven back to the dark realm that they marched from, but little do they know that he is plotting his vengeance on those that beat him, he plans to one day bring his armies back into the world with a ferocity that cannot be stopped.

Present Day

The sun was shining down on the Citadel of Azor and people were bustling about their business like bees in a colony, working hard to bring the latest building up to the standards that the Royal Court came to expect from their subjects. Jarvan, a young peasant in the employ of one of the contractors was not at his post. He was out in the forest on the outskirts, climbing up and jumping from tree to tree, enjoying the peace and quiet that was broken occasionally by a passing bird. He wasn't particularly happy with the fact that he was supposed to be helping with the construction work, but it couldn't be helped, the realm had taken a beating many years ago and they were still working on bringing the Citadel back up to its former glory. Jarvan however was a bit of a rebel and didn't enjoy the work, he wanted to be free to travel and become a rich and famous warrior, battling monsters from the dark realms, making a name for himself. He didn't want to be a peasant forever.

He was adept at sword fighting, mostly because he had been in scrapes with the guards often enough to pick up one or two moves when he stole their weapons. But he needed more training so that he could become a truly fierce warrior. Standing at 6ft and being of the muscular persuasion, he was the correct proportions to be a warrior or even a guard, but he never quite made the cut when he applied, always getting sent back to the peasant quarters "where he belonged" as he was often told. The guards were never nice to him and his boss was a real dragon, often beating Jarvan if he didn't work fast enough, even though he was one of the hardest working in the firm.

"JARVAN FANGORN, GET YOUR BEHIND DOWN HERE NOW!!!"

Jarvan stopped dead in his tracks, it was the booming voice of the foreman, his boss. He was in deep trouble now, no doubt someone had told the boss man where he would find the young lad, and now he was going to get a lashing and no doubt would have to work through the night as punishment as well. Clambering down from his tree, Jarvan ran to where the foreman stood at the forest entrance. Stopping short in front of the towering man, who stood over him by almost a foot, he cowered and shook with fear

"Present sir"

He didn't dare speak out of turn or try to explain himself as he knew it would only make the situation far worse for himself.

"GET YOUR LAZY BACKSIDE BACK TO THAT SITE AND WORK ON THAT DAMN TOWER BEFORE I LOSE MY TEMPER AND BEAT YOU TO WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE"

Jarvan wondered what was going on, normally he would have been beaten as soon as he stepped into the line of sight, but being told to get back to the site was completely new

"Ye.....yes sir......right away sir"

He side stepped the giant and ran as fast as he could back to the tower site, he took up his usual position and started working as fast as he dared, not wanting to make costly mistakes of course. He heard the foreman come up behind him and he knew that he had gotten off far too lightly in the forest clearing for his own good. He felt a massive hand on the back of his neck before he could turn around. All he remembers after that is waking up back in his home, with his mother and father arguing over what they would do now. It turned out that Jarvan had been beaten senseless as an example to all the other workers and then fired. He wondered how the hell he was going to make up for this and what would happen if he couldn't help support the family. They were poor enough to begin with without this added complication. Maybe he would have to go back to stealing.

Trying to sit up, he soon fell back down on his rough bed as his body protested mightily, sending waves of nausea coursing through him. His head felt like it was on fire and he almost blacked out again. He decided that just lying there and staying quiet for the time being would be the best idea. He could figure some sort of plan out while he stayed still. He always had plans, some of them elaborate and some of them straight forward, but one thing they all had in common was the fact that they caused more trouble than they helped. He would have to really take his time with this one.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Lady Temptress

Last week, a week ago today, the Princess had hid at the top of the stairs as she heard her parents and the King of Putry agree to give the youngest daughter Ariel age of only 17. An arranged marriage to an old man of 50! Plus, he's the enemy! Ariel confided in her two trust worthy knight's along with her nanny who helpd adorn her into boy's clothing, cut her hair to her shoulders, her golden soft silky blonde hair that had reached to her waist, now stands at the tips of her shoulders, parted on the left side. Her baby blue eyes holding a cold gaze within them now and they had snuck her out with the traveling magician who the nanny is friend's with. Ariel now travel's with the man as his nephew and she had befriend Jarvan. Jarvan hasn't a clue that she is indeed, all female. Will she tell him? They have only known each other for a few days and she has changed her name to Arin. Royal gaurds have been on the hunt for her day and night, with no clues at all.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was still aching all over several days later. His recovery had been slow, but he could now walk without support and he could do basic tasks around his parents farm. He would start his morning by feeding the animals and then when he had finished those jobs, he would walk to the Citadel so that he could look for more work.

However due to the very public beating he had been served by his former boss, people wouldn't hire him, they thought that he would be a burden to them and their businesses. So he was passed on like the other worthless people that circled the bottom rung of society. This was not a good sign, he would once again have to resort to stealing, something his parents would not be thankful for, but it had to be done if they were to continue being able to live.

He knew several people in the underground network that could set him up with some simple work, he had been with them before and even though his last job had ended up being a chase throughout the city with the guards hot on his heels, he had been able to get away, but then he had hung up crime and gotten the job on the construction team.

He wandered through the city district aimlessly, wondering what he was going to do, when he bumped into someone. They were smaller than him, but he stopped and helped them back up.

"Hey are you ok there? I'm so sorry"

He looked at the persons face and soon recognized them, it was his new friend Arin, they had bumped into one another on the first day that he had been able to walk properly and had gotten to talking.

"Hey there little buddy, how's it going?"

Lady Temptress

Arin's chest is binded tightly by two light vests of white shade and her pants are black baggy trousers so they don't show off any of her femine curves. But they are held up nicely without worries of falling down and her blouse over the vests is that of a black plaid boy's flannel shirt and black boy's boots on her feet, a black tattored torn cloak of boys is worn over her shoulders. Her face a bit too pale for a boy but people might say thats due to lack of food and sun. Arin gave a shrug of the shoulders and a faint chuckle. She had to learn to disguise her voice. " I'm not that little and it's going..trying to find my morning meal don't ya know. Damn bugger Royal gaurds are swarming the area . You got any idea what their here for? They usually don't leave that Palace do they?" She asks in a curious fashion and Arin tries to keep her composure. " are ya feeling better today? Come on, let's go scrounge some food." Jarvan might find Arin and odd boy, looking too dantyish. (Post continued. )
Lady Dreamer

Lady Temptress

( Post continued )                                                                                                              " Did I tell you  how I came to be an orphan?" Arin ponders on what fib to tell Jarvan and she hates lying! She didn't want to lie to Jarvan or break his trust, but she can't take the chance of him finding out! She doesn't think he would turn her in and yet, hunger makes people do desperate things! So, she declines telling the truth, for now. Will he forgive her if and when he does find out? Only time shall tell. ( End post. ) 
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan shrugged when Arin asked about the guards

"I dunno, must be something special going on, or something has gone bad up at the Palace and they are looking for someone, I haven't heard anything. I'm feeling a bit better thanks, each day an improvement and all that"

As they walked down the street, Jarvan spotted a fruit stand in the market.

"Hey wait here a sec, we'll get something from there"

He headed over to it in a casual manner. When he was close enough, he pretended to be inspecting the goods on the stand, but really he was looking to make sure no one was looking at him. When the vendors back was turned, he swiped two apples and then walked off in the same casual way that he had walked up. Going back to Arin, he passed one of the apples over and took a bite of his own. He swallowed and turned to his friend

"I know it isn't much, but it counts. I did not know you were an orphan, tell away, I can always talk to my parents if you like, they could put you up and give you some work on the farm if you wish"

He didn't think his parents would mind, but it didn't hurt to ask. They always needed help on the farm and the extra hands would be useful. He looked back at the guards that were walking around, they looked like they were definitely looking for someone, the way they were surreptitiously checking out peoples faces was a give away if you paid attention to them.

Lady Temptress

Ariel - Arin has become pretty good at pick pocketing wallets and stealing food. She gave a flash of a smile and Arin takes the apple greatfully from Jarvan. " Thanks.  Ohh, look at that table. Mince meat pie..I bet I could snatch us up some. Oh, I wonder who their looking for? " She knew damn well who they are after and she tries to keep her nerves under wrap. But to Jarvan, she might seem a bit more nervous than what he has seen of Arin. " That's a right kind offer, I could work a farm..and it gets cold sleeping in the alleyway. Ye think they would let me? Really do y.." She didn't finish that question because she heard her name being called  by the gaurds! PRINCESS ARIEL IS MISSING! REWARD TO BE POSTED!" Arin groans and she feels like she is about to hurl. She loves her parents but it was wrong of them to make her be arranged to mary an old man! King or not! She looks to Jarvan. " Um we best get going afterall." She gave no reason of the sudden change in plans as she started running from the market.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan gave the guards another once over before he moved on with Arin

"So the Princess has gone missing eh? And a reward to boot, I guess we better keep our eyes open so we can bag that and actually expand the farm a little, maybe get some extra stock there"

He sighed, he just wanted to have a better life than the one he had.

"Let's go to the farm and I'll talk to my parents for you"

He didn't even seem to notice that Arin was being extra quiet since the guards had made their declaration. He was also keeping an eye out in case he spotted the Princess, he was keen to find her and get that reward, he just hoped it would be worth the trouble. He also wondered why she had gone missing, he looked at Arin

"So why do you think she went missing? I imagine the life up there must be amazing"

Lady Temptress

The Princess can run fairly fast and yet, a panic washed over her as Jarvan talked of catching her to claim the reward. That fear nearly caused Arin to stumble but she regains her composure rather nicely and if she had fallen, if any of her clothing had become torn, she would have been in a heep of trouble! She said a silent prayer, grateful that she hadn't taken a fall and she shrugs at Jarvan." Maybe she isn't happy or their making her do what she doesn't want..or ma.." she caught herself and stopped her speaking as they ran their way all the way to his farm. Would his momma know right off that Arin is a girl? Should Ariel just run away from everyone? No, at least here, she would have a home, a friend and food. She cannot be found out! She won't marry that King of Putry! She likes Jarvan more than she should and Ariel has to keep those feelings at bay too.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan walked with Arin to the farm, taking his time as he had no particular reason to rush. They made it to their destination with no problems. When they got to the house, Jarvan opened the door and led Arin inside, finding his mother toiling over the fire that they used to cook meals when they had food to cook.

"Mother, I have to ask you something"

Jarvans mother looked up and over at him as he stood in the doorway, she could see Arin stood next to her son and she wondered what this was all about

"And what would that be then? Haven't gotten yourself into more trouble have you?"

Jarvan shook his head frantically, he was hurt that his mother would jump to that conclusion straight off the bat, but he understood way, barely a week went by without him getting into some form of trouble

"No mother, this is to do with Arin, he is an orphan and needs shelter and a job, I was wondering if he could help out on the farm in exchange for lodgings, he is a hard worker and won't cause any bother"

Jarvans mother gave Arin a look that could have killed if it had wanted, she wasn't used to having people looking for work on their small farm, she thought silently for a while then replied with

"I would go and ask your father, it isn't up to me, I'm just the cook and carer"

Her voice was laced with disgust and annoyance, she turned her back on the pair of teenagers, a clear sign that she had nothing more to say to them. Jarvan sighed and led Arin outside, closing the door to the house behind him.

"Don't pay attention to mother, she is like that most of the time, you get used to it after a while"

He could see that Arin wasn't convinced, but he didn't say anything to back that up, so Jarvan just put it down to nerves. He spotted his father tending a flock in a close by field and headed in his direction. Once they reached him, Jarvan stopped at the gate. He didn't want to go into the field.

"Father, would it be ok for Arin to live with us in exchange for lodgings and food? He is a hard worker and will bring no trouble for us"

His father looked less than happy at the question, he had suffered at the hands of several of his sons friends in the past that turned out to be good for nothing layabouts. He deliberated for a few minutes in absolute silence, sizing the small boy up from where he stood among the flock. He seemed to reach a decision with a sigh.

"He can stay with us, but he will have a trial run on the farm, if he proves to be as useful as you say, he can stay, if not then I want him out of here without another word"

It was a firm but fair decision and Jarvan smiled

"Thank you father, you shall not regret it...... this time"

"You better hope I don't, or you might find yourself out on your ear too"

With that Jarvans father turned his back and continued to tend to the flock around him. Jarvan turned to Arin and grinned

"There ya go, you have a job and a home now, you can stay in my room, it isn't much but it's comfy, just be ready for the early rises to help out on the farm, I'll show you the ropes and help you get settled"

Lady Temptress

Arin smiles politely, nervously to Jarvan's mother and Arin will have to be extra nice to the lady to win her over. She greets Jarvan's dad with the same kindness. " Thank you, Sir. I'll work hard for you. I maybe little, but I work good." Arin then heads off with Jarvan to his room and she gulps, wondering what she will do at bed time when it comes to changing into pajamas? Maybe she will have to arrange it where she can change first in private! " Thank you, Jarvan. When do I start work? Um, can I change my clothing at bed time and morning here in private please? Then you change? I just can't change in front of anyone." Arin wears a pleading gaze in the eyes and hoping that Jarvan will allow ithe request without asking too many questions for the reasons of why.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was confused at her request to change in private

"The room is yours while you stay here, the door can be closed if you wish for privacy, we always knock before entering rooms, so whenever you need private time to yourself, close the door"

When it came to the duties on the farm, he had to think for a minute, then he remembered

"We are usually up at dawn, we tend the main chores around the farm, then the rest of the day is pretty much our own unless we are needed for other things such as errands and running stock into the market to sell, I've no doubt that you are a hard worker, I shall be showing you the ropes for the first few days, maybe the first week, then we shall likely be split up so that father can work with you, mother will likely be quiet around you, she tends to not like people all that much, but you soon get used to her"

He thought for a minute in case he had forgotten anything, then he clicked his fingers when a thought struck him

"Make sure you get a good nights rest, it isn't going to be hard to manage, plus I tend to be out looking for extra work when I aren't here, if you fancy tagging along and possibly looking for work too then that would be great, we need all the help we can get and us poor folk gotta stick together. Welcome to the family"

He clapped Arin on the shoulder and then left the boy to get used to his new room. Jarvan needed to go help his father with the flock as sometimes they could get a little out of hand for a single person. Sheep were regularly going missing from the fields and it was frustrating trying to keep track of them on your own.

Lady Temptress

" Thank you for filling me in on how things are run around here. I'll do you proud. I just might tag along with ya' then. just give me a holler when ya' go. I'll just put my things up and then meet up with you." She near stumbles when he pats her back and Ariel - Arin regains her composure rather quickly. Within barely five minutes after Jarvan had left the room, Arin rejoins her friend and she flashes a nervous smile. " Alright, I'm here and ready to work." Arin didn't change clothing yet, it was far too early for that and Ariel hopes she can befriend Jarvan's mom without the woman being suspicious of Arin. She would love to help the woman in the kitchen, but boy's aren't keen on cooking. That'd be a bit odd if Arin asked to help and make people suspicious.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiled to Arin

"Well considering the time, we actually don't have anything to do today, me and father did it all this morning, so for the rest of daylight, our time is our own, what would you like to do? We could venture around the Citadel if you like, we might be able to pick up some extra work or I could show you some of the shadier places where I could introduce you to some of my friends there and they might throw some work our way, although to warn you it will not be legitimate work and we may end up with guards after us if we are careless"

Jarvan still couldn't get the memory of his last chase out of his mind, it had been too close for comfort and he wasn't sure whether he could go back to the darker line of work, his 'friends' might think him a liability. But they could always see about that.

"So what would you like to do then?"

Lady Temptress

Arin thought for a bit as she listens to Jarvan and she flashes a smile. " We can go to the Citadel and meet your friends. Plus maybe get some extra work. Thanks for helping me. We should get going then, okay?"                                   Arin pats Jarvan on the back with a chuckle and she grins a boyish grin. " Want to race to the city? What shall the winner get?" She asks with a smirking challenge and a nudge to Jarvan's left side. She is in a playful mood tonight and happier since she has a friend finally, along with work, a home. Arin just hopes that no one finds out her secret!  The girl is a pretty fast runner and she thinks that she'll be able to out run Jarvan.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiles

"Ok then, the loser has to get the food when we arrive there"

With that he took off, gaining an early lead on the youngster, he wasn't going to waste time counting when he could just as easily take off, he didn't know whether Arin was behind him or not, he was just glad to be feeling good for a change.

Lady Temptress

Arin runs as fast as her small legs will take her and she dodges merchants , peddlers and people walking around them who are all heading to the same place that she is going to along with Jarvan. Several people uttered curse words after the teens passed them and had brushed against them, or causes them to drop what they are carrying.  However, Jarvan had managed to beat her to their destination but just by a few inches and Arin is thankful for the double vests that she is wearing under her top, so her breasts wouldnt jiggle as she ran, that so would have given her away! Then there would have been hell, to pay! She pants heavilly and Arin tries to regain her breath, her composure and sh does just that. " Well hell, ya' beat me. I had never lost a race til today. Good show, man." She pats his back with her left hand on the back of his right shoulder. " Guess I best get us some food." Then the Royal gaurds show up once more and Arin's eyes go wide in panic. They are starring right at her! " You! Come here!"
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan stood, getting his breath back while Arin was looking for food to get. Then he heard the guards call and he froze, then turned to them, they weren't talking to him, but to Arin, he walked over with the young boy and sized up the two brooding guards that had called them over

"Can we help you officers?"

He hoped they were going to just get a slap on the wrist for running through the crowds, he thinks back in case he has broken any more laws recently, but none spring to mind.

Lady Temptress

Arin's heart feels like its going to beat right out of her chest because its pounding so fast and she gulps with a nervous twitch as she hears Jarvan speaking to the gaurds while they stare down at Arin.  " Who is your friend that looks like the missing Princess?" One of the gaurds yell questioningly at Jarvan and Arin tries to think of a damn good lie to make them fall for. Arin waits for Jarvan to talk to them and then she will give her own explination. Meanwhile, they are beginning to draw a crowd around them.  Gaurd two yells for the crowd to leave and go about their own business, or else. They soon do just that.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan looked back and forth between Arin and the guard, surprise clear on his face

"What are you talking about? Arin may look like the Princess, but he is not the Princess, so shove off and leave us to go about our business"

As soon as he told them to go away, he knew he may have crossed a line, no one but the Royal Family told them what to do, people had gone to prison for less. Jarvan Sighed and turned, pretending to be in thought, really he was looking to see if there was anything he could use to take out the guards, He spotted a small bench nearby, so he walked over to it, looking like he was in deep contemplation. Then he picked up the bench, spun round and threw it at the guards, knocking them down

"Arin, come on we need to get out of here"

He grabbed Arins hand and pulled him away, breaking into a run, they needed to get away fast, he knew that they were headed for trouble either way so might as well head into it with the chance of getting away.

Lady Temptress

Arin didn't want to cause trouble for Jarvan and she knew he has had run ins with the gaurds before and a flogging.  She stands there in shock and panic has settled in her, as Arin doesn't know what to do until Jarvan causes the gaurds to take a tumbling spill , with the toss of a bench at them! Arin suddenly starts running with Jarvan and she runs as fast as he does til they are far out of sight and reach from the prying eyeing gaurds. " I'm sorry..I don't want you in trouble again..I don't like looking like her..if your parents find out they'll turn me in." Arin is so scared and not making sense, she ponders on telling Jarvan the truth. She has to have someone she can trust and convide in!
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was breathing hard, fortunately they had gotten ahead of the guards and had lost them for the time being, but now they would have to lay low for a while because no doubt every guard in the entire Citadel would be looking for them. He needed to get to his friends so that they could be hidden

"Don't worry about it, we'll just have to lay low for a while, until all this blows over"

He looked down to Arin

"Are you okay there? You look pretty shaken up"

He wondered if his friend Badger could take them in for a couple of days, or if he could send them to someone who could put them in a safe house until the guards gave up. They couldn't go back to the farm, that would be the first place the guards searched. He sighed when he thought of his parents answering questions about him and Arin, but it couldn't be helped

"Yeah I imagine looking like the Princess can be pretty tough, especially for a boy"

Lady Temptress

Arin is catching her breath also and she hasn't ran like that in awhile. Well, not that far anyways and she is panting heavilly and Arin finally regains her composure to be able to answer Jarvan withoit her voice sounding as if she has a stuttering problem, when she does not. " I think it sucks and I'm sorry we have to lay low because of me. Your parents won't want me back there now and I hope they won't be too hard on you. I feel very bad about all of this after all you have done for me and there is something that I need to tell you. The truth about me. It isn't fair to you and I need someone I can trust to confide in. I'm scared to tell you though because, I don't want to lose you as a friend and for you to hate me. I never had a friend before you." Arin is shaking and near in tears. Odd for a boy.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

"Tell away, either way we'll need to stay hidden for a while"

His breathing returned to normal after a few minutes and he leaned against the wall

"My parents will still want you around, especially since you can help out around the place, so don't worry about it, this happens to me all the time and they still keep me around, even if I am trouble"

Lady Temptress

" I don't think that they will want me there after they hear of my confession to you. Should we go somewhere in private so I can tell you?" Arin's eyes hold a mix of fear and panic, but she is determined to explain it all to Jarvan. She just doesn't feel right in hiding the truth from him any longer after what he has risked for her and done for her. Arin takes a few deep breathes and she exhales them. " You'll more than likely not believe me and I'll probably have to prove it to you some how. The reason I look like the Princess, is because...I...I..am.. Princess Ariel in a boy's disguese. I had to do this way of looks so my father the King wouldn't force me to marry a man of my father's age! A man I never met! The enemy!  My maid servant and I came up with this plan. She cut my hair and got me boy's clothes, she told me to run and never look back!" tears form in Ariel's eyes, hoping that he will believe her and not hate her. Hoping he won't turn her in!  " I have proof I am who I say I am. "
Lady Dreamer