Interest check: Star Trek (prime universe) group role play.

Started by Tamhansen, April 05, 2013, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyena Dandy

If RubySlippers is out, I'll take Engineering, if not, I'll take Science.

saberblue

I'm very much interested in this idea but I'm not sure if my characters would fit...looked like the open positions were Science, Navigation, and Ops, for the most part, and I don't have many existing characters who'd fall into that role.  I'll do it if needed, but I have a lot of junior officer characters that I might be able to make work for this.

I'd love to play a junior officer who's either an engineer, field medic, medical technician, one of those three if possible, as my primary character.  If the character has to be one of the open executive officer spots, I can go Science or Ops.  Navigation would be my last choice, but if necessary I can fill that role too.

I'd be playing a male character in any case...probably human, but that could change.  Anyway, I can have some characters figured out in the next day or so, if you've still got room for people.  And I'd prefer playing a junior officer character but I can play a department head if needed too.

EDIT: Noticed that it looks like the senior roles have all been taken...junior officer it is, I guess! ^^; I'll do up a few character sheets and post 'em soonishly, if you still have room for some bit part players.
O/O and Character Roster: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31407.0

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man - let history make its own judgments."

Tamhansen

At Hyenadandy. On a ship like the enterprise-d it indeed makes more sense to split the roles, however on a ship as small as the amsterdam it kinda tends to become a mixed position, however if Raziel is ok with it I'm fine with a split position. Also engineering is open if you want it.

Joanne87 you're hired. Can be either Lieutenant or lieutenant junior grade depending on your wishes
Elvenkitten, the ops position is available so it's yours if you want
saberblue, yes, i have no issue with you being a junior officer. In fact I like the idea. Just put in a character, and we'll make it work
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Raziel

And don't forget that in Voyager Tuvok was both as well but I'm fine with splitting the roles.

Tamhansen

Unfortunately Phaia resigned due to other commitments, so i guess I'm looking for a new Captain as well
ons and offs

Hyena Dandy

Well, if Raziel is okay with splitting, I'd want Security, but if he prefers Security over Tactical, which is totally fine, I'll head back to taking Engineering. Sorry if I seem indecisive, I am kind of terminally indecisive.

Raziel

Yep you can take Security if you want. might need to redo Kaylen's Bio a bit but that won't be a problem

Hyena Dandy

Name: Lieutenant Sethra
Race: Andorian
Position: Chief of Security
Sexual orientation: Demisexual - Is only sexually attracted to people she is personally close to. If she has an emotional bond with someone, she'll be happy to have sex with them. She occasionally tries to force herself to be in a relationship with someone, which will include sex, but that usually ends badly. She just can't be attracted to anyone she's not personally close to.
Bio: Her father was an admiral in the federation, and she always looked up to him. At his suggestion, she attended the academy, where she befriended Kaeva, a young Vulcan a two years ahead of her. After Kaeva graduated, she began to get in fights with other students. This was stopped before she was thrown out.

She seemed dedicated to reaching physical perfection, and her emphasis on fitness, as well as the fighting skills she developed both on the holodeck and, occasionally, in person, made Security a good fit for her, and she was eventually assigned to the U.S.S Roeselare. She distinguished herself in the security department, and has now been promoted to the Security post on the
After graduation, she was assigned to the U.S.S. Sparta, where she proved a model officer, though some of her crewmates suspected she suffered from holo-addiction due to the amount of time she spent in training programs. The ship's councilor noted that, while the amount of time spent was unusual, she did not appear to use the holodeck to the detriment of reality or her duties, and thus, while unusual, there was no psychological issue.

Her primary trait is loyalty. She is loyal to a fault, and at times, it is a fault. She's loyal first to those personally close to her, and second to the rules and regulations of Starfleet - But unless she's personally involved with someone, she's loyal to the rules above the spirit, and has trouble breaking them when leniency is required. But she is loyal to those close to her above Starfleet regulations, and can encounter trouble when there's a conflict of interest. She has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of regulations, and runs the security department extremely tightly. Her interests are always tied to her loyalties. Her father was a Starfleet officer, so she's knowledgeable about Starfleet history and doctrine. Kaeva was a Vulcan, so she studied Vulcan beliefs and culture. She's a security officer, so she's studied various forms and history of weaponry, both modern and archaic, and three different forms of martial arts.

Picture or description:

Tall, a little over six feet. Not beautiful, but not entirely unattractive. She has a bit of a wild haircut, because she feels she doesn't have time to take care of it, and that, as long as it's within regulations (which it is) it doesn't matter that it looks messy.

Duelist925

If Captains still open, I'd like to snag it. Working on a bio now.

Duelist925

Name: Elizabeth Song
Race: Human
Position: CO
Sexual orientation: Pan
Bio: Born on Mars Colony in 2360, young Song fell in love with Starfleet and exploration at a young age, getting her hands on any historical records she could. She attended Starfleet Academy as soon as they would accept her. Once she had graduated, she became a Science officer on the "Boothby", a vessel primarily tasked with scientific endeavors and exploration. She worked her way through the ranks to Chief Science Officer.

During an otherwise routine mission, the Boothby was attacked by Romulan extremists. A splinter sect on one side of the civil war, they hoped to spark an all out war with the Federation to force Romulan unification. They came in cloaked--their first attacks were well aimed, doing enough damage to the bridge to briefly expose it to vacuum.

Song found herself, amazingly enough, the highest ranking officer. She assumed command once the computer had confirmed that all bridge personnel were either deceased or unconscious. Commanded from the secondary bridge location, she kept a cool head through the crisis. Her leadership and use some unconventional tactics led to a minimum of casualties on her side--of the Romulans, one of the two ships that attacked was destroyed, the second being disabled and captured.

The leadership capabilities, and ability to keep calm in a crisis, led to her being offered an XO position, backed by a recommendation from her captain, one of the only two survivors of the bridge crew.  She had an exemplary career as XO of the "Tiberious" for some six years before being offered the command of the Amsterdam. 

Picture or description:
Captain Song is 5'7", with an overall slimly muscles frame. Other than being somewhat chesty, her figure is overall rather toned from her martial arts hobby. She has long vivid red hair, usually done up in a functional braid. Somewhat pale freckled skin and green eyes complete the mix--definitely of some Irish decent. A bit of roughness about the face, along with a broken nose that never quite set right, gives her a hawkish look.

Strengths: She is very capable of thinking outside the box, and her love of Starfleet at a young age gave her a wealth of information to draw on regarding tactics. Capable of keeping a cool head in a crisis, and a keen scientific mind.

Weakness's: A tendency towards over-protectiveness of her crew, spawned largely from reading of so many sacrifices made  during the conflicts with Borg and during the Dominion War, along with more personal reasons. Also has a tendency towards Kirk-ism--wanting to be first on the ground, an avid explorer with a lust for such that often overtakes her common sense. As an XO, it was rarely an issue--as Captain, it may become one. Further, she can have a fiery temper at times, though its rarely seen.

Hobbies: Violin, with a predilection to Celtic music, study of various martial arts (most proficient in Aikkido, with a smattering of minor skills in others), and reading--Starfleet biographies and old fiction primarily.

MrBubbles

Posting interest as a fan of the series.

What positions are still available?

saberblue

I hope this isn't too much information and I hope this character isn't too zany...I write and RP reasonably well but I've always enjoyed making my characters a little quirky, and I can see this character being either a source of general comic relief on our adventures or...well, who knows?  The character came about after a TF2 Medic stint (for anyone who might be familiar with that game) and I thought it would be really interesting to make a character with some of those general archetypes, add a couple of homages, throw in a few embellishments, and voila!  If it's too silly, just let me know and it can be reworked.

Basic Information:
Name: Lieutenant J.G. Niclaus Werner
Aliases or Nicknames: “Herr Doctor”
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Birthdate: Stardate 45737.8
Birthplace: Berlin, Germany, Earth.
Current Hometown: No home aside from the USS Amsterdam.
Educational Background: A Starfleet Medical jack-of-all-trades, but master of none.  Has completed basic requirements for diagnostic imaging, cardiopulmonary therapy, and lab work and research.  Also trained in first aid as a combat medic.
Work Experience: Moderate.  He's worked at some point in each of his fields for long enough to become proficient.
Current Occupation: Junior Medical Officer on the USS Amsterdam.

Appearance Details:
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark Brown
Skin tone: Slightly tan
Other facial features/identifying physical traits: None.
Style of dress: Wears a standard DS9/VOY medical officer's uniform, usually has the tunic jacket open exposing the teal shirt beneath and typically has his sleeves rolled up and a pair of light blue medical gloves on. 
Build: Tall, with good muscle tone.

Relationship and Family Details:
Parents: Alive and well, home on Earth.
Siblings: None.
Sexuality: Straight
Marital Status: Single.
Children: None.
Best Friends: None, yet, recently assigned to the USS Amsterdam and has yet to form any real connections.
Enemies: None.
Pets/Animals: Keeps a dove, Archimedes, in his quarters.  Has been told repeatedly by ship staff on his previous vessels that Archimedes is not welcome in Sickbay's O.R.  There was an incident.  It's on record.

Personality Details:
General Disposition: Friendly, always eager to help other and assist where he's needed most.
Sees Self As: A genius, a visionary, all that and a bag of chips.
Seen by Others As: Unconventional.  It's a bloody good thing he's not a doctor, and his methods are unorthodox to the point where it's a miracle he's still allowed to practice any form of medicine.
Temper: Can be irritable, but his irritation and frustrations, while he can be quite vocal about them, tend to be short-lived and he forgives very quickly - usually beer helps.  Life is too short to stay angry!
Humor: Werner is one of those people where you always really have to wonder if he's joking because so much of what comes out of his mouth already sounds absurd.
Ambitions: He wants to save lives.  It's his purpose, it's what he does, and he's happy to do it.

Other Facts:
Favorite Color: Blue.
Favorite Foods: Sausage and schnitzel.
Favorite Drinks: German beer.
Special Talents: No special abilities to speak of.
A Sucker For: Schnitzel, sausage, beer, his bird, anything German, and SCIENCE!
A Good Time is: Work.  He's quite a workaholic, Werner is.
Pet Peeves: Unexpected setbacks, or halted progress.
Choice of Entertainment: Holodeck games.  Occasionally wishes he'd gone into Security instead, so he plays combat games.
Hobbies/Favorite Pastimes: Taking care of his bird, music, singing.
Major Life Accomplishment: Putting on the uniform.  Saving lives.
Most Humbling Experience Was: Losing a patient is always his most humbling experience.
Can Die Happy When: He knows the crew is in good health and that he's made a difference to the universe, to science, and to his colleagues.
O/O and Character Roster: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31407.0

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man - let history make its own judgments."

Tamhansen

@ Saberblue, you're in. As a junior officer you can report directly to Baalborn87, though you can expect a visit from the XO soon as well
@ Duelist, Captain Song will be getting the center chair. I'll set up a post for you asap
@ Hyenadandy, I'll start a post for Sethra as well
@ mr Bubbles, Currently the only department head not taken or reserved is Science, but there's also any junior role you want. I'll be sure to involve them in the story just as much as anyone.
ons and offs

Duelist925

Tamhansen

Commanding officer: Duelist925 as 'fleet' Captain Elizabeth Song
Executive officer: Katataban as Commander Tam Hansen (char sheet below)
Chief medical officer: Baalborn87 as Lieutenant George Manez
Chief operations officer: Interest by elvenkitty
Chief Navigational officer: Joanne87 as Lieutenant Nelosi
Chief tactical officer: Raziel As Lieutenant Commander Kaylen Sheppard
Chief security officer: Hyenadandy as Lieutenant Sethra
Chief Science officer: open
Chief engineering officer: Open
Ship's councilor: open

Junior roles taken
Medical officer Lieutenant J.G. Niclaus Werner played by saberblue
ons and offs

Hyena Dandy

Looking up, I couldn't actually find an Andorians with surnames and given names, but I may be wrong. I'm just keeping Sethra as the name. :)

MrBubbles

Alright, working up a good ole Counselor for this voyage, although I have a few questions about the game's background; do you accept the Apocrypha of Star Trek: Online? To be more specific, does the timeline post-Nemesis follow the MMO's timeline, or is it something different?

Secondly, were the True Way active in the Alpha Quadrant post-Dominion War and pre-2395, or should I assume they've been disbanded (or at the very least, defunct until the events of ST:O.)

Tamhansen

It is not apocrypha to be honest. The ST:O  timeline was endorsed by universal as the official timeline after the Nemesis events. So yes I will be incorporating them with the small change that the Romulan civil war has not ended yet.And yes, that does mean the true way is active. The klingon's and the federation are no longer allies since the Khitomer liberation, but they aren't yet at the brink of war.
ons and offs

MaiMizzu

Engineer or Science officer sound real good to me. I cant decide which one though.. and I assume there is already a vulcan on board?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Raziel

ElvenKitten

Name: Erica Calhoun (E'kr'zy of Calhoun)
Race: Xenexian
Position: Chief operations officer Lt J.G
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Bio: (when it's finished)
Picture or description: Eyes: Purple
(picture coming soon)

Hyena Dandy

Have Pakleds joined the Federation? Because they're Federation playable in STO.

Just a random question.

Raziel

In the TV and Movie canon they didn't but since STO is technically the canon of that timeline I suppose since Pakleds are playable as Starfleet officers that they are now part of the Federation. I guess it depends on if of count the STO timeline as official canon or not.

Hyena Dandy

If I'm not mistaken, we have updated now, and our current open roles are

Science Officer and Tactical Officer (which is not a NECESSARY role, as Sethra can be SecTac, but it would be nice)

Our Navigator is either Joanne or Raziel.

But I may be wrong.

Raziel

Well technically Joanne is the Navigator and I'm at Tactical for now.

The only open role for sure is the Science Officer.