Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, January 30, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female.

Orenji

Alright, I'll bite, this seems interesting enough...

Opening my satchel, I pull out my papers and hand them to the city guard. Without batting an eye, the heavily armored guard lets me past, and why would he stop me? To him, I'm just Nash Bramblewood, a young, bright eyed wizard hoping to go out and see the world, with my spellbook in my satchel and my component pouch under my robes.

In truth, I'm Cefrey Orien, a changeling and a mystic, and although I kept my mother's name, I'm actually the daughter of Lance Brightwood, a prominent member of The Mystic Order of the White Lotus that opposes King Myraz with its branch here within Tarnegar. While I can cast a few spells using my psionic energy, I can pass off my psionic powers as spells as well, even trained wizards think they're merely a few crude, self crafted spells and think nothing of it.

With this alter-ego well established and everything I need in my satchel and the extra-dimensional pocket floating invisibly besides me, I step out of the city gates and head towards the caravan I've arranged to travel with on the first leg of my long journey towards Dragonblight....

Feel free to jump in here if anyone else wants to join the party ^^

Lady Jenn

I was going to start a thread eventually, this is just for OOC chat/recruiting. Just didn't want to start the RP till I knew anyone wanted to join it lol

Orenji

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. Well then, I guess count me in, and while it may not be my character who's father is the one going against the king, I'll still be using this character.

Lady Jenn

I'm happy to have just us two in the RP, how long do you want to give it before we go "Well, no-one else is coming, let's just start"?

Orenji

I don't mind just going for it and letting anyone jump in when they feel like it, with your supervision of course, don't want them coming in with a character or introduction with no warning.

Lady Jenn

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282458.0 here's the thread, do you mind them meeting in the blacksmiths? there is a reason I promise lol

Orenji

Sure, I don't mind. Should I just jump in here, right after your first post? And is Vennar the one who's father sent them to contact Stormrider, or should my character still take on that role? Also, sorry, I didn't notice that you said "but your character is human" until just now lol, I don't mind being a companion to the human sent to find Stormrider, but I'd still like to keep my character as a changeling.

Oh, and I think you should edit your first post so it starts with a link back here for anyone interested in joining, if you'd like to keep the OOC discussion here.

Lady Jenn

Vennar  actually the one who would ordinarily be doing the sending out, but unless you fancy being a one person party (plus NPCs) until the allies start appearing I'm happy to have him join you on this quest instead, it's up to you.

Orenji

K, then for now, I think I'll be on my own, I think he'd be better suited as a contact inside the city, plus it'll give you a chance to switch things up more with the other NPCs along the way. Anyway, I'll jump over to the other thread now, and we'll see how things go from there.

Lady Jenn

Just to check, you do know Carolina was telling you to go outside so she could speak to Vennar right? I might just be reading your post wrong of course lol

Orenji

...wow, I have no idea how I misread that so badly, sorry. I can't edit or delete my post but I'll post another reply to replace it. Is Carolina meant to go with me or is she just supposed to get me out of the city? It's honestly kinda hard to RP when I don't know what the actual plan is here. I'd think my character should at least have a general idea what it is before getting into all this.

Lady Jenn

Don't worry, Carolina is about to explain, prepare yourself for a long-ass post from me XD

Orenji

Alright, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

Lady Jenn

I always have plans...even if they're sometimes weird and over complicated lol

Pdriggy

I was thinking of jumping in with a charming drunken bard type character who used to be a fighter until the drink took him, currently he is lost in the woods being chased by some nearby wolves.

Interested to have me involved a little, I am in Ireland so I may end up posting at different hours. If that would upset play let me know. :-)

P.S. waiting to be approved so have to check often to see any updates.

Lady Jenn

If we can figure a way to get you in I'd be up for it, what do you think Orenji?

Pdriggy

I warn you that I would bring a sense comedy and this could ruin the mood if you are going for intense two characters scenes.
He has the capacity for seriousness of course but I wouldn't want to set the wrong tone at the wrong time.

Orenji

Well, I invited him, so of course I'm down. If you want to introduce your character comedically, you should probably wait until the current scene wraps up and lord bane introduces you.

Pdriggy

Sure, his name is Barty the Loud, used to be Bartleby the Brave, but alas a habit of singing songs and telling stories after adventures moved him from cavalier adventurer to sozzled drunk. Now he earns his trade entertaining while still believing that one day he will straighten up and get back into the old trade. He looks older than he is and the rugged demeanor shows a handsome face with a merry if not cheeky twinkle in his eye.

His current run of bad luck has him wandering lost after a night of drinking and confused in a strange forest. He has a travel pack with him, his sword, walking staff and some fruit that went off that still has him mildly drunk.

Lady Jenn

I have an idea, soon they're going to be visiting about the only non-elf who lives in the forest, if we can't find a way before they could meet then.

Orenji

Lady Jenn

I'm going to random quote World of Warcraft and say "You are not prepared!" (I don't know why that's relevant to this thread lol)

Lady Jenn

Pdriggy, you have a way in to the story, should you choose to accept it

(random pop culture references ftw XD )

Orenji

Mind editing your last post Lord Bane? Cefrey wouldn't have introduced herself to Ariadne by name, one of her quirks as a mystic is to never reveal her true name to anyone that doesn't already know it. She will always use an alias, and if I haven't given you a name for her current form, you're more than welcome to come up with one yourself and I'll go with it.

Her other quirk is to never sleep and to never eat or drink anything, which she doesn't need to do because of her Adaptive Body powers. She won't ever go against either of these quirks, and if she's forced to, she'll get REALLY irritated and thrown off her game, so keep that in mind please.