M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

JUST A NOTE FOR PLAYERS

We currently have two areas open for play. Third to come tonight. Please drop into the OOC section for details regarding that.

ALL POTENTIAL PLAYERS

We look forward to your character joining us and, yes, we ARE still accepting players for those interested! Come one, come all.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

CurvyKitten

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 02, 2013, 05:45:25 PM
If you'd be up for having one of your girls being close friends with MC then I'd be up for that (: Obviously she's completely lost her memory, but it could cause tension later on if you'd like that.

-xSRx
I'd like that, and an interesting twist. Pm coming your way.
Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 02, 2013, 06:07:26 PM
If its ok I think dragon and Tira are likely to know one another since they are the same rank assassin.
Nods~ pm coming your way as well :)
Quote from: Chreestafer on January 02, 2013, 05:44:39 PM
K
I was just bout to pose the same question hahaha anyone interested?
Maybe we can work something out, I'll pm you and see.

Question do Hitman get punished for not wearing black? Say Yumi wants to go out and you know have people shy away, run in terror or get pissed and she doesn't wear black. What happens if she is found out?

Faustus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 03, 2013, 02:43:11 PM
Question do Hitman get punished for not wearing black? Say Yumi wants to go out and you know have people shy away, run in terror or get pissed and she doesn't wear black. What happens if she is found out?

Oh, good question!

If she is found out to not be wearing black on the clock, especially on a hit, the punishment lain down by the Don is pretty severe. Think ankles-in-cement-in-ocean severe.

Off clock and not on a hit isn't as bad. Normally they can get by the system, unless another Hitman spots them.. or you happen to have a Brain sweeping the area and they notice. If they notice and file a report, a number of punishments may occur, not limited to physical punishment and demotion in rank. In the cases of Hitmen trying to blend in, they must work very hard to do it.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

mj2002

Faustus

Quote from: mj2002 on January 03, 2013, 04:08:34 PM
Did you have an applicant for the Don character yet, btw?

Nope! Seems no one is very keen on that responsibility... The Don is currently very open to be played.

PoisonousKitty

Another quick question... do they have to be in all black? or can it just be specific things?

mj2002

Quote from: Faustus on January 03, 2013, 04:15:56 PM
Nope! Seems no one is very keen on that responsibility... The Don is currently very open to be played.
Very open even! I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since it got posted. I'll continue to do so. I won't be calling dibs on any roles, but I might just create a character sheet if I can find the time and inspiration.

Faustus

Quote from: PoisonousKitty on January 03, 2013, 04:20:26 PM
Another quick question... do they have to be in all black? or can it just be specific things?

It does not have to be all black, persay, especially off the clock. Off the clock, so long as they wear something with black. A ring with a black jewel, or a black watch strap, or black shoes, etc. isn't quite going to cut it. A black shirt, on the other hand, or coat will suffice. On the clock, the majority of their outfit must be composed of black, which is why I assume many men will prefer to go the suit route : very easy to make the mass majority of the outfit black, after all.

Quote from: mj2002 on January 03, 2013, 04:36:01 PM
Very open even! I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since it got posted. I'll continue to do so. I won't be calling dibs on any roles, but I might just create a character sheet if I can find the time and inspiration.

I look forward to seeing if you get the time and inspiration, MJ! Let me cross my fingers and hope, eh?

PoisonousKitty

Username : PoisonousKitty
Player Preferences : Male/Female. Either works :)

Full Name : Xavier Elijah Blackwood
Codename and Nicknames :
Age and Birthdate : 32, September 28th
Marital Status : Single/Divorced
Alliance : Rebel against the Trinity

Height : 5'11"
Weight : 205lbs.
Body Type : Though he isn't the most buff man out there Xavier is quite built, having a slight six pack and a nice set of arm and leg muscles.
Hair : Black and Spiked
Eyes : Green
Distinguishing Features : Has multiple tattoos on his arms and two on his shoulder blades, the two on his shoulder blades depict his two children's names who he hasn't seen since his wife left him due to his intentions in the revolt against the Trinity. The tattoo's on his arms depict simple sleeves. Each tattoo drawing into the next and representing different parts of his life. He also has two peircings in each ear, simple silver studs.
Optional Image : (You are not required to submit an image with your character, but we know everyone on Elliquiy enjoys seeing your creation so feel free TO submit one. I ask that you submit your character image as a link for me to click on due to working mostly on my phone. IF you want to pre-attach this into your application, please have the image FLOAT LEFT AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR APPLICATION NOT DOWN HERE and be no more than 400px in width. It saves space and shows off your work, not your image.)

- Knives
- Guns
- Pain/Torture
- Romance/Comedy Flicks
- Women
- Intelligence

Dislikes :

- Most Men
- The Trinity
- Fools/Stupidity
- Abusers/Cheaters/Liars
- Being Surprised

Weaknesses :

- His children: If anyone were to ever get their hands on his kids and use them as leverage it would be both a big plus and also a big minus in their book. He fears for their safety, however at the same time he'll easily track you down and kill you for even attempting to harm his children.

- Mid-back Injury: Though quite old the wound still messes with him at times and if someone were to hit it perfectly they'd cause the wound to heavily resurface. After an automobile accident with his bike when he was younger it is said it's a miracle that he still walks.

Strengths : (Try for at least two strengths your character has. They may be emotional, physical, anything.)
Fears : (Try for at least two fears your character suffers from.)
Goals : (Can you give at least one goal your character has for their life?)
Secrets : (Everyone has secrets. Can you list at least one your character has?)
This section is completely optional and is not required to be filled out, but some may enjoy completing it.

Personality : (Try to shoot for somewhere around two, hard, solid paragraphs for this section. I used the above section to help you brainstorm out for this section. You would be amazed how going over simple things helps you flesh a character! However, you are not required to write any more than three sentences in this section.)

History : (What is your character's history up to this point of their lives? Please, try to put as much into this as you can. I understand leaving some of it vague if you are playing a Hitman or a Brain who has not been partnered quite yet. That's fine. However, you can detail what your life was like before joining the Trinity Seekers. You can even talk about your time at the Academy. Be creative with your history and enjoy writing it! I would shoot for at least two - three paragraphs for this, but if you can say more in less, feel free too.)

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Turn On's : (Put simply, you may name a few of your character's greatest YES PLEASE items. You may simply directly link us to your own Ons and Offs if you do not feel like typing this section out.)
Turn Off's : (These are your hard-limit NO'S with your character. You may directly link us to your Ons and Offs if your character's hard-limit no's happen to coincide with your own.)
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Possiblity, but any ideas that anyone has PLEASE PM ME FIRST :)
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Give or take the situation yes, for all i know i may decide to swing my character to the Bi-side lol

Anything Else? (If you think something should be noted that I did not have listed above, please feel free to add it here!)

(WILL UPDATE THIS HERE SOON ;D )

xPeachyPuff

I like the look of your character already Kitty (: I look forwards to seeing the end result!

-xSRx

Faustus

Agreed! I like the looks of him already and can't wait to see it finished!

persephone325

Username : Persephone325
Player Preferences : I'm fine with males playing females and vice versa. As long as they play them convincingly.

Full Name : Sakuya Tsukimori
Codename and Nicknames : Codename: Angel (If needed.)
Nickname: Saki, Tsuki/Tsukiko
Age and Birthdate : 20 years
5/25
Marital Status : Single
Alliance : Rebel

Height : 5' 2"
Weight : 125 lbs
Body Type : Average, well endowed
Hair : Long dark (almost black) hair. Reaches down to her lower back.
Eyes : Dark brown with a hint of green.
Distinguishing Features : Pierced ears, butterfly tattoo on left wrist, blue streaks in hair

• Animals
  • Being outdoors/around nature
  • Reading, writing
  • Painting
  • Music
Dislikes :

• Animal cruelty
  • Liars, scammers, cheaters
  • Being alone/feeling rejected
  • Staying indoors for too long
  • Being bossed around
Weaknesses :

• Too caring/generous at times
  • Can be too easily trusting of others
Strengths :

• Very friendly/easy to get along with
  • Extremely intelligent
Fears :

• Spiders
  • Heights
Goals : Her main goal is to bring down the Hitman organization and save the lives of the innocent people who are ordered killed.
Secrets : Despite Sakuya's friendly and happy disposition, she has long suffered from depression due to events from when she was younger that she has never spoken of to anyone.

Personality : Sakuya is a very friendly and intelligent person. She keeps her friends close, and often puts their needs in front of her own. She has no trouble making friends, and many of the friends she's made when she was young are still around.

History : Sakuya had a very difficult upbringing. Her mother was hardly ever around and her dad had to work numerous jobs to keep a roof over their head. However, when he would spend time with her he would always instill good values in her. He taught her to be friendly and caring towards others because you never know who might be an important person and remember you down the line.

When she was about 15, her mother came home one day, most likely high on some kind of drug, and began to threaten Sakuya. Her father was at work, and Saki had no way to contact him. Her mother pulled out a kitchen knife and tried to stab her. Sakuya was terrified and hid in the closet in her room. But not long after, her mother found her and attacked her; stabbing her repeatedly in the abdomen and back. Her mother thought she was dead, and left her to bleed in her bedroom.

Sakuya passed out, and her father found her when he came home. He rushed her to the hospital where she was in critical condition, and had to stay hospitalized for quite some time. Her mother was nowhere to be found and Sakuya doesn't remember how much time had passed from when her mother left her to die until the time her father came home and found her.

After her hospitalization, Saki was released with no major medical problems due to the assault. However, she does have numerous scars which she does her best to hide. She never told her friends what really happened, she just told them she went on vacation to see her aunt overseas. She can't remember anyone seeing her scars, and if someone did, they didn't ask her about them.

When Sakuya was 18, her mother resurfaced. Not long after she graduated high school, she returned home from spending time with her friends and found her mother sitting in the kitchen. Shocked and in fear, Sakuya didn't know what to do. After what seemed like a long silence, she could only ask her mother "Why?" in reference to her assault years ago. Her mother shook her head and shrugged, before standing up before her daughter, handing her a note and taking her own life.

Saki didn't read the note until a few months later. It was scribbled in her mother's awful handwriting. In short, her mother worked for the Trinity Seekers and was ordered to cut all family ties by any means necessary. It all made sense to Sakuya why her parents got divorced, and how she never heard about her mother's side of the family. She had cut all communication with them. However, she still wondered why her mom would want to kill her and not just leave and cut off all contact with her. And why did she come back only to commit suicide in front of her daughter?

Since then, Sakuya had vowed to herself that she would do whatever she could to bring the Trinity Seekers down, so families wouldn't be torn apart, and innocent lives could be saved. But Sakuya still wonders how her mother got involved with them in the first place. And why was she ordered to cut all family ties? The note provided no reasoning or motive. If anything, it just raised more questions than answers.

Sexuality : Straight, but may be ever so slightly curious. However, she's never acted on these tendencies.
Turn On's :

• Romance
  • Hugging, kissing, being very affectionate and receiving lots of affection
  • Biting/nibbling
  • Teasing
  • Rough love (Being pushed against a wall and kissed and things like that.)
Turn Off's : Ons/Offs
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Totally. Though I'd rather be on the receiving end.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? I'm alright if another female wants to flirt with my character. But I don't really want it to go into something heavy. (Hugging and some kissing is OK.)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Sabre

Username : Sabre
Player Preferences : Leaning female, but open.

Full Name : Reis Sinan Bey
Codename and Nicknames : Various with the language of the country he operates in, but usually cognate with "Nomad"
Age and Birthdate : 40, 23 April
Marital Status : Single
Occupation : Assassin and gunman for hire from Europe, here in the city as a foreign correspondent for an international newspaper.
Alliance : Neither, at first, though knowledgeable about the existence of the Loyalists only.

Height : 190 cm (6'2")
Weight : 79 kg (174 lbs)
Body Type : Built
Hair : Black curls, medium length
Eyes : Greyish blue
Distinguishing Features : None
Optional Image : 1 2 3

• Reading: There's little in this world more endearing or relaxing than an evening with a few good chapters or articles to read.  It helps remind someone that not everything they read has to be a hit list in a sealed envelope, and that some people are immortal and beyond his reach.
  • Women: Or just love of the feminine.  The soft, the elegant, and the graceful help distract from the hard, harsh and brutal world he must regularly plunge himself into.
  • Computers: Technology was, is and will always be fascinating.  He's no tech junkie or expert, but he refuses to grow old in the digital world long after he's grown old in the analog world.
  • Investigations: Secrets are worth keeping, but their true value lies in their discovery.
  • Spicy Food: An iron stomach isn't very picky to begin with, but spicy foods make him feel alive.
Dislikes :

• Rain: Nothing will end the day early for him than a downpour.  God rests not on Sundays, but on every rainy day.
  • Humidity: It's like drowning in absolute nothing without sweet death to end it all.
  • Bureaucracy: Overhead cost should only involve legwork, and moving up and down an office building shouldn't count.
  • Drugs and other forms of substance abuse: A man must have a code, and a body to fulfill it.
  • Uncleanliness: ... and he should look good while fulfilling it.
Weaknesses :

• Old wounds: A lifetime of war and soldiering on the streets have given most of his wounds time to heal, but every so often they return to ache and remind him there are better ways to chase down a target than parkour over a dangerous cityscape like his younger self would.
  • Cold: And what better way to revive said aches than the cold.
Strengths :

• Boxer's reach: For most of his life, it was less about how you carried yourself than knowing what to do with your hands.
  • Eloquent: Sometimes his target begged and struck deals.  Sometimes he listened.  Sometimes he argued.  Decades later and he's hard pressed to lose these arguments any more.
Fears :

• Heights: Skyscrapers are a hatefully American innovation, and much to his chagrin the quaint European skylines he knew have steadily risen higher and higher.  Anything 300 meters or higher can send him into vertigo if he looks down, forcing him to wait for any targets that take to the top floors of their highrise offices to come down.  Fortunately he's patient, and no one can stay up where humans weren't meant to live for too long.
  • Drowning: When young, he nearly drowned trying to swim a river.  Having come close to death innumerable times since then, he's never felt as helpless or frightened as he did back then.  It's not impossible for him to swim, but he'll go out of his way to avoid it like a vampire.
Goals : Plenty have come and gone in life, some fulfilled and many abandoned.  Right now, aimless, moving from one job to another.
Secrets : He's betrothed to a woman he's never met.  Her family knows nothing about his true career, and he knows even less about the life they would want for him should he ever return.  At times he has considered calling it off, but remains concerned about a future beyond the killing.

Personality : Eloquent and well spoken most of the time, Bey is naturally polite and accommodating in his speech.  Yet the line between friendliness and threatening or manipulative is easily, and regularly, crossed.  An unassuming conversation with him could turn much more serious in just a sentence or two, turning him from a good listener to a demanding and dominating presence.  If he finds his company boring, he'll withdraw and stay silent until they feel his pain, maybe even catch up on his reading if they're too stubborn to get the message.  But as a complete stranger he's very affable and approachable, and would happily strike up conversations with random passengers and passerbys.  He approaches a darker place when he needs to kill, but recently attempts to stay friendly as much as possible in those situations.  Like drowning, he fears the longer he stays in that dark place the greater the chance he'll never come back.  His growing experience as a reporter nurtures that fear every day he lives as a normal person without having to wash blood off his hands.

History : The first man he ever killed was himself a hitman.  A veteran that had over 50 kills.  Sinan was paid 50 dollars and given a pat on the head - a fortune for a 12 year old orphan at that time.  His family lived in the Middle East, caught in the middle of changing political borders with blood and killed early.  The war took most of them, he survived, but he wasn't spared.  The man he killed always passed by him on the streets without ever sparing coin or food for him, and one day he had enough.  He didn't care about his reputation, only that he wouldn't be ignored just once before he starved to death.  Another man gave him a gun instead of bread one day and offered something edible for the job.  Of course the assassin didn't pay attention to the short child that walked behind him, who shot him in the back of his head while he bought his daily pack of cigarettes.

He spent the next few hours huddled in the corner staring at the body, and the police simply overlooked him and cared little about yet another death.

Years later he became a refugee, his past as a hitman and child soldier forgotten as the country he left burned to the ground, and adopted into a caring family in Izmir, Turkey.  He pretended to have a normal life and pretended to love his foster parents, and left for schooling to Istanbul pretending to have a future.  There he survived on a meager voucher until someone offered something better.  The criminal underworld was always looking for experienced men as most came to them with only the skills of a common thug or pickpocket.  It didn't take long for his skills in killing to be noticed.  Several 'scholarships' later he toured the continental metropoles, and when he found work as a reporter his wandering continued.  The papers and magazines were just hobbies by then compared to his career, leaving behind a graveyard of targets and enemy soldiers in 18 different countries.

'You lack for personal growth,' said his boss looking to barter him with a friend far away.  He's now a soldier on retainer for this don, but also a liaison sent to learn how his boss' friend runs his business in case there was something useful to learn.  Of course, a new position opened up for foreign correspondent in this exact city, and few were as qualified as Bey to write a story with both his pen and his gun.

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Turn On's : Very broad, and experimenting
Turn Off's : Scat/Guro/Watersports - he prefers the cleaner side of things still
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes; PM First
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes

Anything Else? Will likely be landing in an airport waiting to be picked up by an assigned partner/supervising brain, in the office of his paper getting a strange call or a visitor (loyalist or rebel with a story to tell), or something else.

Alright, how's that?  I think I got most of what I wanted to get across with just a few details held back here and there.

Faustus

Wonderful, Sabre! Go right ahead and put him into the accepted characters thread and feel free to start posting as soon as you want!

I also like what you have begun, Persephone! I am excited to see her complete!

Sabre

persephone325

Quote from: Faustus on January 04, 2013, 01:20:41 AM
I also like what you have begun, Persephone! I am excited to see her complete!

Oh good! I'll work on the history tomorrow as I was having a bit of a brain..."fart" tonight. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Faustus

Quote from: persephone325 on January 04, 2013, 01:36:53 AM
Oh good! I'll work on the history tomorrow as I was having a bit of a brain..."fart" tonight. lol

Happens to the best. Of us! No worries. :-)

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

xPeachyPuff

I'm kinda thinking about creating a male character.....Not sure yet though.

@Cheestafer: The streets and the hitman HQ are open to post in. You can find them on the OOC page.

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 04, 2013, 11:51:16 AM
What were the links to the different sections?

Like SR said, all links are working that I have up over in the OOC section. I should have the Rebel section up today, and hopefully have the mainpage updated with links and new numbers.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 11:54:40 AM
I'm kinda thinking about creating a male character.....Not sure yet though.

-xSRx

I need to finish my own second guy. My fiancee deciding to try to cut his finger off has put me a bit behind.

xPeachyPuff

Holy crap o; Hope everything's alright with you then Faustus! Take your time and don't feel pressured to post another character or whatever, RL comes first.

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 12:07:04 PM
Holy crap o; Hope everything's alright with you then Faustus! Take your time and don't feel pressured to post another character or whatever, RL comes first.

-xSRx

The woes of being with a chef, eh? But thank you. :-)

PoisonousKitty

Eep! Hope he's alright hun, take your time on everything hope everything is alright on your end :)

xPeachyPuff

If I'm correct, we have the following, right?

- 3 Hitmen.
- 2 Brains.
- 2 Citizens.
- 2 Rebels.

Just trying to work out if I make a male character, what would he be. I wanted to maybe have a Hitman, but I'm not sure if I should because of numbers.

-xSRx

PoisonousKitty

I was contemplating making a hitmen male, however i'm not sure if thats the odds... lol that is if it's alright once i finish a first to attempt a second?