Plot Hooks for Plot Hooks

Started by Plot Hooks, December 01, 2009, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plot Hooks

Updated!

Please visit my O/O page.   It is linked in my signature.
Alright, so... I'm back after a long hiatus.  I've updated this page.   I am not married to any of this concepts, so feel free to tweak them and/or pitch something entirely new to me!   

Horror
As a general rule, expect horror to be [Ex] with few limits.  Death of one or more characters (including my own) may happen, but it's part and parcel of the genre. Despite appearances, I do not particularly get any gratification out of mutilation. However when the story demands it,  I will use it to its full, horrifying effect.  It is a plot device, not a fetish.

A Wise Man (Want!)

Quote"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you. We demand it."
―Machine ambassador, to the United Nations

Details are Here.   The setting would take place in the ancient future, possibly a colony of Earth that had long ago degenerated into Dark Age technology, with a few exceptions.    The plot might go something along the lines of "Beauty and The Beast", assuming that the Beast was a flesh-harvesting robot-scientist and Belle had... well.   You don't want to know what happens to Belle.   Or do you? 

This RP could run in several directions, and my ideas for this RP have changed significantly.   I am currently envisioning it in two parts.  The first 'volume' would be the Hero's Quest.  Ichabod was once a councilor to warlords and kings, but as he became more and more 'enlightened', the more horrifying he appeared.   Eventually, people stopped coming because of his countenance, and only the truly desperate sought him out.    I have a vision of a young nun/farmer's daughter/etc/etc in a small village, who remains one of the few healthy bodies after the outbreak of a devastating plague.  In desperation, she sets off into the wilderness to seek out this 'Wise Man'.

The second 'volume' would be about the price she pays to save her village. I'm uncertain what that is, exactly, but it will definitely fall into the 'Extreme' category.

Dark Gods

This is a RP rooted in Lovecraftian Cthulhu mythos. The RP should revolve around a cult that is attempting to raise a sleeping elderitch horror.  Their taboo methods are grim and sadistic.    The ultimate goal?   To find an appropriate vessel with which birth their trapped god into the physical realm.

Not for the squeamish.  Pregnancy, torture (needle play), mutilation, and vast amounts of blood should be possible in this RP.  The mutilation need not apply to your character.  Think of a Venn diagram where Rosemary's baby, Dethklok, and Lovecraft meet.)

The Order of Reason

The history of science that you know is a lie.   It is a sugar-coated fabrication designed to placate the masses.    Science shackled by moors moves slow, and knowledge that could save multitudes goes undiscovered because of the petty concerns for a few.  Real progress must go unhindered.   

Doctor Thomas Crayton realized this, and during 1792 established a secret order in London whose purpose was to push science forward.   It was a conspiracy whose aim was to further human understanding, no matter the cost, and it's influence crept into the upper echelons of many a nation's government.

The Order still persists to this day.   Though its research has brought comfort and succor to many, its history is sinister and macabre.   It keeps its existence well hidden, though the intrepid may uncover some hint of the truth that lays just out of sight.

I'm open to running several instances of this scenario.   All role-plays are presented in the context of some modern party uncovering a document chronicling an Order member's horrific experiment.   Snippets of the Doctor's journal will be used to set scenes, and the story will be acted out as a flashback relative to the doctor's entry.      I do have an over-arching story planned for the modern party that will unfold as he uncovers the various sinister journals.

My muse is dry on this one.

Not Necessarily Horror

Sanctuary

This is an effort to flesh out a world for a system game that I'm designing,  but I want to run this free-form.  The shortest version of this is Tri-gun meets World of Darkness.     The less short (but annotated) version is this:

Thousands of years ago,  Earth sent out colony ships.   One in particular became lost in space and was forced to settle the nearest livable planet.   Eons pass,  humanity naturally blows itself back to the stone-age.    Fast forward a few more hundred years,   and you've got a Wild-west sort of society and level of resources,  but futuristic concepts to build off of.    The result is a very steam-punkish setting,  as well as some supernatural elements.

My initial thought for a game is centered around bounty-hunters,  but I'm willing to take suggestions.    I also have a great deal of information about the world to impart on request.

Exalted
I could take or leave this.  Right now I'm feeling pretty meh about it, but who knows... I might could get excited again.

Super Heros

My preferred system is M&M2e,  but I'll free-form as well.   I'm good with anything style-wise from 4 color to Frank Miller,  and anything in between.   

Things I like:

Dastardly Bastards     

I'm your villain, baby.    Let me  be bad.    Give me a mask and a knife.    Let me throw old ladies off of bridges and tie infants on to train tracks.     I am well aware that all villains get their comeuppance, and I'm fine with that.   But dammit, I'll have a good run!

Steampunk

Mad Science and Top hats.     'Nuff said.

Epicness

If it is Epic, odds are I'll like it.   If you want some domestic Master/slave/mundane romance, forget about it.   

Story, Story, Story

Strait up smut is boring.   A badass story?   I'm there, smut or no.  See Epic, above.

Other Systems

Other systems that I enjoy are M&M, OWOD Mage, Iron Kingdoms, Midnight, Call of K'thulu, and anything cyber-punk/steam-punk.    I'm also keen on trying out new systems.

A few things that I don't like.

Run-of-the-mill Romance.   

If I have a romance with you, there had better be an amazing, fucked up twist.

Writing in anything other than the third person during RP.   

I'm a nice guy.   I feel awful when I do bad, horrible things to good people.   Please allow me to dissociate myself from the story.  I've also found that it helps to keep that barrier between relationships between characters and the relationships between players, which is a good thing because I have no plans for any of you beyond the forum and I don't want any of you getting any other ideas.

That is all.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

Plot Hooks

-placeholder-
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Plot Hooks

Updated.    Opened a closed plot due to inactivity and changed stances on Exalted.

Plot Hooks

Updated.   Added Sanctuary,  modified other sections slightly.

Plot Hooks

Updated with "How the City Fell Into Darkness"

Plot Hooks

Removed "How The City Fell Into Darkness."

Added "Thrill Seekers" and "Dark Gods."

Decrepitdan

I would love to play either 'A Wise Man' or 'Dark Gods' with you. Let me know if you're interested.

Plot Hooks

Updated descriptions on Thrill Seekers and everything in the 'Horror' section.

Plot Hooks

Plot Hooks

Updated Dark Gods and Thrill Seekers

Plot Hooks

Plot Hooks

Plot Hooks

Plot Hooks

Plot Hooks

Closed off several RPs.   Updated dance card status.