Single (psychic) female seeks male for supernatural adventure (UN, negotiable)

Started by Valerian, December 03, 2008, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

She's got just enough of a psychic ability to make life interesting, in a scary way.  Maybe postcognition, so she can't go anywhere without sensing or even relieving past, emotionally charged events; maybe telepathy that she can't quite control -- because honestly, it's far better not to know what people are thinking most of the time.

But she's stuck with it, and thought she'd learned to live with it, muddling through and seeming like any other ordinary person.  Now things are changing, fast -- weird things are everywhere now, and most of them aren't anything to do with her ability.  These are things and events she knows nothing about and can't control, and she has the feeling they're all leading up to something Very Bad.  That's about the point when she meets this guy...

That's the guy I'm looking for.  He might have minor powers like she does, maybe only knowledge of the larger pattern at work, but suddenly they're both in the middle of a secret war between ordinary humans and the things that go bump in the night -- a war that's less and less secret every day.

There's the basic framework, and details are negotiable -- it's intended for modern times, but historical would work as well.  (Gaslight makes things much creepier, after all.)   Freeform preferred, but a system like GURPS is fine, too.  Post here or PM if this inspires you....

Edit: Taken -- thanks for your interest.   :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

MagicalPen

Sounds intriguing (and slightly similar to a Fantasy Idea I had involving mind powers) but I'd prefer Freeform over System.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Valerian

You know, I've just realized that this idea must have been rather heavily influenced by Fringe, somewhere back in my subconscious.  Anyone want to help unravel the Pattern?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Lilias

Actually, to me it sounds much more The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray than Fringe. If you haven't read that, definitely add it to your Christmas list.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI