Wrath of the Righteous (Pathfinder)

Started by Dakkon, October 23, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

Hi there!
I’m rather new around here, but I’ve come to E with a purpose, namely, this game. Of all of the work that I’ve seen Paizo produce, Wrath of the Righteous is some of the best and has some of the best characters. The thing is that a war with demons is a brutal affair and could be rated R for many, many reasons. That’s why I’ve come over to Elliquiy, I figure that here I can get the most milage out of the story while also getting high quality characters.

This story will start in the city of Kenabres in the nation of Mendev. It is the 16th of Arodus, in the year 4710. The festival of Armasse used to be a holy day for the worshipers of Aroden, but since the Last Azlanti’s death a century ago the holiday has taken a more general tone for those who live beside the horror of the Worldwound. It is a day for the celebration of life, the appreciation of family and the pledge to endure and defeat the demons trying to break into reality. Smiles on faces normally marred by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city morale in the weeks leading up to the event. The city is now in celebration as you make your way to Clydwell Plaza to attend the opening ceremonies that will begin the festival. Many have come here for many reasons, and you are but one of them.

Setting: Golarion
Number of PCs: Four.
Level: First
Classes: Any pathfinder class. I’d like to aim for roughly the classical “balanced” party, although I’m okay with deviating from it a bit.  I’m going to have four slots open in this game, a melee combatant, a ranged and/or skill based character, a magical healer and a magical blaster. Once someone has completed a character sheet that I feel is appropriate for this game, I’ll add them to the list of characters. While any class is open, I would like to note that if you’ve ever looked for an excuse to play a paladin, this is your chance! I’d strongly advise that one character be a paladin, but the choice is up to you guys and gals.
Races: Any standard race is okay. I’ve also adapted several monstrous races to LA +0 (10-13 RP) versions using the rules of the ARG on my blog, which has a link below. I would be more than happy to allow you to use one of these races, or to work with you to create another 10 RP monstrous race if their background and motivations work with the campaign.
Ability Scores: Generate using 15 point buy
HP: Full at first level, then half+1 at each level afterwards.
Starting gold: Class standard
Alignment: Any non-evil, although I am willing to entertain the idea of neutral characters working for other forces of evil that are opposed to the Abyss (such as Hell) as long as they are willing to work with and take orders from Good PCs and NPCs, and as long the party still averages on the side of light and justice. See character tips below for more details.
Background: Does not need to massive, but personal character arcs are part of this AP, so you need to give me enough to work with. I’m going be putting effort into tying your background in to the campaign, so please put the effort into your story first! Also, remember you get one campaign trait which ties into your background
Traits: Everyone gets two, plus an additional campaign trait from the Wrath of the Righteous Player’s Guide, although each player must take a different campaign trait. I’m willing to be flexible with the backstory behind each of these traits though, so you you don’t have to use them verbatim. Also, this game is going to go mythic eventually and each trait is tied into a particular mythic path in the Player’s Guide. I am going to do away with that, regardless of what trait and path you pick, you will be able to gain the full benefits of the trait when the time is right.

If you want information on Kenebres, I’ve prepared a simple pdf that overviews some of the major areas of the city, based on the info we know about it. You can find this by following the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/izc4p5h2332xp82/The%20Kenabres%20Gazetteer.pdf

I’ve also copied the following out of the Player’s Guide for ease of reference and to spark some ideas:
Character tips

How should you prepare for the dangers that await you in the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path? Just keep the following in mind when creating your character. These hints, suggestions, and character options are designed to help you create characters perfectly suited to jumping right into—and excelling over the course of—this mythic campaign.
Alignment: The theme of good versus evil is paramount throughout Wrath of the Righteous, more so than law versus chaos. Good-aligned characters make the most sense for this Adventure Path, be they lawful, neutral, or chaotic. Whether you play a lawful good hero or a character with more flexible morals, it’s important that your character be easily motivated to go to the Worldwound and fight demons. It‘s also a good idea, as in any campaign, to make your choice in a way that won’t be disruptive to the party. The disruption caused by bringing different alignments into the party will vary from group to group, so the best way to make sure that your choice works is to talk with your group about what you’re planning.
Bringing Friends: Friendly NPCs will be playing significant roles as allies throughout the Adventure Path, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring your own friends. Small or Medium eidolons and animal companions will be more appropriate early in the campaign, and as early as the second adventure, larger companions and mounts will have numerous chances to shine. There are elements of travel, so you don’t need to elave your mount at home.
Classes: Wise generals use every tool available, and as such all disciplines are used in the fight against the demons of the Worldwound. You can find a place for a character of any class in Wrath of the Righteous, but some choices might seem especially appropriate. The paladin is an obvious choice, but any good-aligned religious class is certainly appropriate. This includes clerics (particularly with martial archetypes, like Crusader), inquisitors, or even oracles with the battle mystery. Cavaliers also make fine crusaders, particularly those sworn to the order of the star or to the various battlefield orders. Rangers who choose evil outsiders as their favored enemies are also particularly valuable. Though much of this Adventure Path concerns itself with martial elements and divine magic, it doesn’t leave out arcane casters. Sorcerers and wizards with talents for conjuration will find places to shine in the Adventure Path, and knowledge of the planes is important for those who fight against demonkind.
As you contemplate what class your character will be, consider the new options you will potentially have from Pathfinder RPG Mythic Adventures. Mythic paths are not tied to specific classes, but certain classes get more benefit out of particular paths.
Crusading Faiths: The faiths of Abadar, Iomedae, Sarenrae, Shelyn, and Torag are the most active among the crusaders of Mendev, although those of other good deities and empyreal lords (particularly Desna or the Empyreal Lord Pulura) have important roles to play as well. Faith in a deity is not required, but many of the allies and resources you’ll be encountering have ties to the good deities of Golarion.
Demons and Other Foes: Demons are the primary foes you’ll be facing in Wrath of the Righteous, but chaotic evil outsiders are far from the only enemies you’ll encounter. Humans, dwarves, and native outsiders are common as well, in the form of cultists and other opponents. Undead, aberrations, magical beasts, and vermin enemies will also be encountered relatively often.
Origins: People from all over the Inner Sea find their way north to Mendev, offering their swords to fight against the demons of the Worldwound. As such, your character can reasonably originate from anywhere in the Inner Sea. The Adventure Path begins in the crusader city of Kenabres, so make sure that your character has a reason to enlist in the fight and venture to Kenabres. The campaign begins on a holy day, so perhaps your character made a pilgrimage to Kenabres to celebrate the day prior to swearing herself or himself to the cause. A short primer on the city of Kenabres is included in this Player’s Guide on page 9.
Paladins: This Adventure Path is an excellent choice for paladin characters—not only are there a lot of foes paladins shine against, but from a roleplaying standpoint, the crusade against the Worldwound is tailor-made for paladins. Keep in mind, though, that there will be points during your adventure where things will look dark, and you will be presented with some difficult moral and ethical choices at times—in addition, make sure to read the notes on redemption on page 11.
Races: Outnumbered and facing an assault from evil outsiders, the crusade today has no compunctions regarding race when it comes to outfitting its forces. Able-bodied men and women from all races are welcome so long as they are willing to fight the good fight. At one time tieflings were distrusted and shunned, but now some of the fiend-blooded fight alongside aasimars while defending Mendev or striking against the horrors of the Worldwound. Many tiefling crusaders claim that their blood makes them the best suited to fighting demons, and they also have defenses that help them shrug off some of the demons’ deadliest attacks.
In addition to defending the continent from demonic horror, a fair number of dwarves who have joined the crusades battle the Worldwound in hopes of reclaiming a lost Sky Citadel within its borders.
While nearly every human ethnicity in the Inner Sea region can be counted among those who fight against the Worldwound, some say the Kellids are the most passionate about healing the Abyssal wound. Their homeland of Sarkoris fell when the Worldwound opened, and many Kellids in Mendev’s army fight not only to ensure the safety of future generations, but also to redeem their ruined homeland.
Redemption: Not every evil NPC in Wrath of the Righteous is meant to be killed. Now and then, you’ll encounter NPCs who are working hard to be redeemed, or otherwise working against their evil natures. Wrath of the Righteous will give characters several opportunities to redeem and guide NPCs and organizations alike toward the path of righteousness. Redemption might also be a personal mission for your character. Perhaps your character decided to fight for the crusades as a way to purge a tainted past.
Do I have any takers?
party slots

Slot 1 - Melee combat: 
Slot 2 - Skill monkey/ranged: 
Slot 3 - Magical healer:
Slot 4 - Magical blaster: 

Ghostwheel

Name: Nessa

Class: Sorcerer

Race: Half-elf

Campaign Trait: Exposed to Awfulness

Background:

Old background

It was towards the end of the Second Crusade that Ness grew up, a boy of two worlds; his Elven mother, a devout cleric taught him of faith and vigilance against the forces of darkness. His Human father was a wizard of the highest class and during the times that he came home from the Crusade, despite his fatigue from fighting for days, taught Ness what he could of magic and sorcery. From both these wellsprings Ness gathered experiences and became resolved to one day when he grew older stop being a burden on his family, and go forth to help his father to push back the demons into the Worldwound and perhaps even close it, destroy it, and make sure that the beings that threaten his family could never hurt anyone else.

A few, short years passed, and Ness continued to grow as the Second Crusade continued to rage. And then the unthinkable happened; leaders in positions of power decided to pull support from his home, Sarkoris. But word came too late to the residents, who would now become refugees as they ran from the onslaught of monsters that came to destroy their homes and their lives. Ness never knew what happened to his father that day who disappeared from his life, but he and his mother ran as fast as their legs could carry them with little but the clothes on their backs. Despite encountering more than one demon, Ness and his mother were able to escape with only a few scars due to his mother's magic, though they left an impression on Ness that he carries still.

His mother, devastated by the loss of her husband, began to lose her health and grow ill; Ness cared for her as best he could, offering his spellcasting services to those who needed it in exchange for food or medicine to help her hold on, but in the end it was futile and she passed on to join her husband beyond the veil. In this way, Ness passed the era of the Third Crusade, for the most part protected from its corrupting influence but hearing of its troubles and growing disillusioned and distrustful of the leaders in power who had already let his home be destroyed. Left alone in the world, Ness journeyed to Kenabres, the city overlooking the Worldwound, to see what he could do to help drive the demons back.

He's participated in the Fourth Crusade, helping however he can, but hopelessness has begun to infect him. A decade and a half of fighting, and demons barely seemed phased while their own forces returned decimated to their homes with only the wardstones allowing them to not be completely massacred. There is still hope there, but it is slowly dying, as with much of the population, and who knows how much longer the wardstones will last, and if a Fifth Crusade would even happen... much less succeed.

Character Sheet
Class/Level: Sorcerer 1

Alignment: Neutral

Ability Scores:
Str 7, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18

HP: 8
AC: 11, Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 10

Initiative: +1

Saves:
Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +0

CMB: -2
CMD: 9

Skills:
Bluff +9
Diplomacy +8
Knowledge (Arcana) + 9
Knowledge (Religion) +6
Sense Motive +1
Spellcraft +6

Feats:
Fast Learner
False Focus (Bonus)

Class Abilities:
Bloodline: Rime-Blooded
Bloodline: Imperious
Bloodline Power: Student of Humanity
False Piety

Racial Abilities:
Adaptability: Knowledge (Arcana)
Arcane Training (Sorcerer)
Elf Blood
Elven Immunities
Low-Light Vision
Wary

Archetypes:
Crossblooded
False Priest

Traits & Drawbacks:
Birthmark (Trait)
Overprotective (Drawback)
Metamagic Master: Snapdragon Fireworks (Trait)
Magical Lineage: Magic Missile (Trait)
Exposed to Awfulness (Bonus Trait)

Spells:
Cantrips (∞ per day): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Color Spray

Languages:
Common
Elven
Celestial
Abyssal

Possessions:
What possessions do we start with?

Currency:
Are we rolling for this?

Erich Norden

Interested.  Got a character in mind already.

Ebb

This sounds like it could be fun. I might have missed it, but do you have the link to your blog with the alternate racial information?

I'd be happy playing a boy scout paladin for Slot 1, or perhaps a celestial sorcerer for Slot 4.

Muse

I'd love to join, and would enjoy playing a cleric of Saranrae.  :) 

Is Aasimar acceptable? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dakkon

Quote from: Ebb on October 23, 2013, 07:12:54 PM
This sounds like it could be fun. I might have missed it, but do you have the link to your blog with the alternate racial information?

I'd be happy playing a boy scout paladin for Slot 1, or perhaps a celestial sorcerer for Slot 4.
It's now in my Sig. I've only got a couple of races up right now, but I"ve got others, like the Hound Archon, Rhek, Satyr and Azers ready to be posted.

Quote from: Muse on October 23, 2013, 09:30:25 PM
  I'd love to join, and would enjoy playing a cleric of Saranrae.  :) 

Is Aasimar acceptable? 
Yup!

Ebb

Here's a submission. I'm not claiming 'dibs' on the paladin or melee slots, though -- if there's someone who has another good idea for one of these, I'm happy to make a character for a different role. In general I don't think games are well served by a first-come, first-served process.

Zanthus Meloridan
1st level Elven Paladin
Plothook character sheet

Background:
Zanthus is the third child of Marzan Meloridan, noteworthy in a race not known for their fecundity. The Meloridan line has long been known for its valorous deeds, tracing a clear heritage of heroism back to Sir Tellinar Meloridan, who fought against Treerazer Itself and was critical in the repulsion of that demon lord. Since that time the Meloridan name has been synonymous with the noble struggle against the forces of darkness. The blood of the Meloridan has always held a special affinity for the light, evidenced by their mystical ability to conjure illumination at will.

When the Worldwound opened, it surprised few to find that Marzan Meloridan uprooted his family from Kyonin and volunteered themselves into service in Kenabres. They were a welcome addition to the forces opposing the demonic onslaught. However the course of the next ninety years brought little but tragedy to the noble family. Marzan himself was crippled during the Second Crusade and to this day remains unable to walk, the demon-tainted wound resistant to all forms of divine healing. Zanthus' elder brother Zontran died in the Third Crusade. His elder sister, a staunch warrior in her own right, was lost during the Third Crusade. Her body was never recovered, and at the time there were even evil rumors that she had joined the demonic side.

Twelve years ago Zanthus, the last surviving child of Marzan, reached the age of adulthood. Few would count him the equal to his lost siblings, and Marzan would not be among that number. Although the Fourth Crusade was upon them, his father sent him away from Kenabres to return to the elven homeland, while refusing to travel himself. Perhaps it was fear of losing his last child. Perhaps it was a lack of confidence in Zanthus' abilities; while he had trained diligently at the Temple of Iomedae, he remained virtually untested in battle.

Zanthus was halfway through his journey, dutifully following his father's orders, when a vision from Iomedae prompted him to return to Kenabres. The Crusade was over, but opportunities for heroism remained. He is determined to live up to the family name, to prove his father wrong, and ultimately to bring an end to the evil that has afflicted what he now feels is his true homeland.

Personality:
Zanthus presents himself as the epitome of elven valor and nobility. He can quote religious texts chapter and verse and advocates boldly for taking the fight to the enemy, giving no quarter, and expunging the demonic presence from the land. Privately, though, he is far less self-assured. His father's words have taken root in his heart, and he secretly believes that he will fail when truly tested. Disguising this fear can lead him to foolish bravado. Though he is 122 years old he still bears much of the folly of youth.

Appearance:
Tall and slim, Zanthus seems a few pounds shy of filling out his armor. His long fine blond hair is worn free. Zanthus' skin is the hue of the dawn's light, his eyes are a bright blue, and his face is bereft of the creases of age and wisdom. He bears no visible scars.

Inash

I've tried to get into this AP a couple of times on mythweavers.  I would love to try again.  Would a fetchling be ok?  If so I have a very quick app, (though made at 20 point buy)

Dakkon

Quote from: Inash on October 24, 2013, 01:00:46 AM
I've tried to get into this AP a couple of times on mythweavers.  I would love to try again.  Would a fetchling be ok?  If so I have a very quick app, (though made at 20 point buy)
A fetchling would absolutely be okay.

Erich Norden

Would it be acceptable to take alternate racial traits?  I'm looking at you, Celestial Crusader (Aasimar).

Blinkin

Submitting a Ranger.

Physical/Personal/background

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks, framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Midnight blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles are accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well toned arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in nature toned colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest. If you make it through her demanding standards, you’re a friend who’ll never find anyone more loyal to the concept… If you’re an enemy… well, there’s loyalty there too.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to. As a result, Lydia was never sure where she was born, or where she came from… only that the world was vast and she longed to stay in one place.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by an half-elf who had been tracking the band for some time. The man, a ranger by profession, took Lydia under his wing and aside from caring for her, taught her the basics of his own calling when she showed a knack for survival in the wilds.

As time went on, Lydia and Elister, her mentor and adoptive guardian, became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands of the Aldorian region as she learned her craft and sold the occasional bow in the settlements or towns for the few things that she couldn’t obtain from the land.

Lydia eventually traveled to Kendrel (SP?) seeking to find a place in the fight against the demon hordes that have been having more success bypassing the wards. With her bow in hand, she waits on the Holy day for her own chance to tae up the fight.

Lydia Redfern

Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger(Scout)         Favored Class: Ranger
Level: 1            EXP: 0
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000
Measurements: 36C-26-35

Ability Scores:
STR:   12 (+1) Carry: L:43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:   16 (+3)
CON:   12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:   12+1)
CHA:   12 (+1)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +3               HP: 12/12
Reflex: +5            Init: +3
Will: +1               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+1            AC: 16
TAB: +2            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +4               AC (Touch):13
CMB:+2            CMD: +13

Class Skills:  (9 per level)
5   Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+1)
5   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+1+1)
6   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+1+1)
6   Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+1+1)
6   Profession; Bower/fletcher (WIS) (3+2+1)
6   Perception (WIS) (3+2+1) 8 in natural surroundings
5   Spellcraft (INT) (3+1+1)
7   Stealth (DEX) (3+3+1)
5   Survival (WIS)(3+1+1)
6   Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven

Feats:
(CF=Class Feature)

Fast Learner
   Pinpoint Shot (+1 to attack within 30 feet)
CF -   Favored Enemy; Evil Outsiders
CF -   Track (+½ level to Survival to follow or identify Tracks)
CF -   Wild Empathy Use level+CHA to effect animal attitudes)

Traits/racial traits:
Bonus Feat: Humans gain a bonus feat at 1st level
Skills: Humans gain 1 skill point at 1st level & 1 every time that they level.
Traits:
Exposed to Aweful: If a save vs demon effect fails, can reroll 1x day.Erastil)
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)
Devotee of The Green: +1 bonus on Knowledge Geography and Nature.

Coin:
PP:
GP: 4
SP:8
CP:  7

Equipment:
MW Composit longbow(+1 STR): Dam: 1D8+1, Crit: x3, Rng: 110’, Wt: 3, 133.33 gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Dex: +5, Penalty:-1, SF: 15% Wt: 20, Cost: 25 gp
Arrows, Durable(Cold Iron)(30): 19.8,  4.5 lbs
Backpack: 2, 2 lbs
Bedroll: .1, 5 lbs
Belt Pouch: 1, .5
Canteen: 2, 1 lbs
Flint/Steel: 1, neg
Outfit, Explorer: 0, 1
Tools, Bow): 5, 5 lbs (+2 to craft rolls)
Trail Rations (5 days): 2.5, 2.5
   Total Weight: 43.5 lbs
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Ebb on October 23, 2013, 11:27:43 PM
Here's a submission. I'm not claiming 'dibs' on the paladin or melee slots, though -- if there's someone who has another good idea for one of these, I'm happy to make a character for a different role. In general I don't think games are well served by a first-come, first-served process.

Zanthus Meloridan
1st level Elven Paladin
Plothook character sheet
Zanthus looks good!

In general, I'd totally agree with you, I'm actually a bit surprised, I know WotR is popular right now, but usually when someone goes a new forum, people are slower to sign up for their games (in my experience). Here's what I'll do. I'll give it a day or two and see how many more people are interested. If there is a lot of interest and character sheets in progress, I'll set a deadline and see what people can come up with. If not, I'll grab the first four that make a balanced party and go from there. Sound fair to everyone?

Quote from: Erich Norden on October 24, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
Would it be acceptable to take alternate racial traits?  I'm looking at you, Celestial Crusader (Aasimar).
You're talking to the guy who's made Aranea, Quori and Adherers into versions that can be played as first level characters. Absolutely!

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2013, 12:12:27 PM
Submitting a Ranger.

Physical/Personal/background

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks, framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Midnight blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles are accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well toned arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in nature toned colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest. If you make it through her demanding standards, you’re a friend who’ll never find anyone more loyal to the concept… If you’re an enemy… well, there’s loyalty there too.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to. As a result, Lydia was never sure where she was born, or where she came from… only that the world was vast and she longed to stay in one place.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by an half-elf who had been tracking the band for some time. The man, a ranger by profession, took Lydia under his wing and aside from caring for her, taught her the basics of his own calling when she showed a knack for survival in the wilds.

As time went on, Lydia and Elister, her mentor and adoptive guardian, became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and sold the occasional bow in the settlements or towns for the few things that she couldn’t obtain from the land.

When the opening to the lower plains opened, she felt a need to protect the world from the evil creatures who were threatening to enter the world in numbers. With her trusty bow in hand, she set off for places unseen and the battle that may be the greatest of her life… but what else was life for but to fight for what you would have?

Lydia Redwood

Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger(Scout)         Favored Class: Ranger
Level: 1            EXP: 0
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000
Measurements: 36C-26-35

Ability Scores:
STR:   12 (+1) Carry: L:43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:   16 (+3)
CON:   12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:   12+1)
CHA:   12 (+1)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +3               HP: 12/12
Reflex: +5            Init: +5
Will: +1               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+1            AC: 16
TAB: +2            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +4               AC (Touch):13
CMB:+2            CMD: +13

Class Skills:  (9 per level)
5   Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+1)
5   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+1+1)
6   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+1+1)
6   Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+1+1)
6   Profession; Bower/fletcher (WIS) (3+2+1)
6   Perception (WIS) (3+2+1) 8 in natural surroundings
5   Spellcraft (INT) (3+1+1)
7   Stealth (DEX) (3+3+1)
5   Survival (WIS)(3+1+1)
6   Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc

Feats:
(CF=Class Feature)

Fast Learner
   Pinpoint Shot (+1 to attack within 30 feet)
CF -   Favored Enemy; Demonsenemy
CF -   Track (+½ level to Survival to follow or identify Tracks)
CF -   Wild Empathy Use level+CHA to effect animal attitudes)

Traits/racial traits:
Bonus Feat: Humans gain a bonus feat at 1st level
Skills: Humans gain 1 skill point at 1st level & 1 every time that they level.
Traits:
   Meticulous(Drawback): -2 penalty on skills that you are untrained.
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)
Devotee of The Green: +1 bonus on Knowledge Geography and Nature.
Adopted: Gain a race trait from an adoptive race.
   Elven Reflexes: +2 to Initiative.

Coin:
PP:
GP: 11
SP:7
CP:  4

Equipment:
MW Composit longbow(+1 STR): Dam: 1D8+1, Crit: x3, Rng: 110’, Wt: 3, 133.33 gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Dex: +5, Penalty:-1, SF: 15% Wt: 20, Cost: 25 gp
Arrows, Durable(Cold Iron)(20): 13.33,  3 lbs
Backpack: 2, 2 lbs
Bedroll: .1, 5 lbs
Belt Pouch: 1, .5
Canteen: 2, 1 lbs
Flint/Steel: 1, neg
Outfit, Explorer: 0, 1
Tools, Bow): 5, 5 lbs (+2 to craft rolls)
Trail Rations (5 days): 2.5, 2.5
   Total Weight: 43 lbs

A couple things to let you know Blinkin. The first is that you haven't selected one of the campaign traits, which you do need. These traits are intrinsically tied to your background, so you will need to adapt what you've written already. Since this an additional trait upon the regular two and the campaign traits start off as more powerful than normal and will continue to grow more powerful as the game progresses, I'm afraid that additional traits gained through drawbacks would not be appropriate. If you need to download the campaign player's guide, it can be found for free at this link: http://paizo.com/products/btpy919c?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-Players-Guide

Please note everyone once again that I will not tie the character traits to specific mythic paths like they have in the player's guide, so don't feel obliged to match the mythic path you want to take with the trait you take.

And now to go watch Men in Tights again!!

Callie Del Noire

I would like to submit either a Wizard or Cleric. (15 point buy will be hard for flex roles though)

I would LIKE to do my tiefling wizard but I don't see how to..

I was thinking either a Versatile Human Cleric of Pharasma or a Cleric of one of the LG/LN gods like Iomade or Adabar.

Ebb

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 24, 2013, 01:33:46 PM
Zanthus looks good!

In general, I'd totally agree with you, I'm actually a bit surprised, I know WotR is popular right now, but usually when someone goes a new forum, people are slower to sign up for their games (in my experience). Here's what I'll do. I'll give it a day or two and see how many more people are interested. If there is a lot of interest and character sheets in progress, I'll set a deadline and see what people can come up with. If not, I'll grab the first four that make a balanced party and go from there. Sound fair to everyone?

Well, we're mighty friendly around these parts. Also, a great number of system games tend to get started but then peter out quickly, so there tends to be a pool of players keeping an eye out for the next bus to come along, as it were. Don't let that discourage you, though.

I'm glad you like Zanthus. A couple of minor questions to run by you:
- Is it worth buying a horse as I've done for the start of the game? It's a bit of an investment, but if it's going to end up parked outside the dungeon for the first three levels then it's probably better to just buy some comfortable shoes.
- I had written down "Oath Against Fiends", though it doesn't kick in with any abilities until much later. In the meantime, though, it sort of sets up a zero-tolerance policy for negotiating with or converting demons. Is that a problem in the sense that it would shut down cool interactions for the rest of the party? I read the section on Redemption in the player's guide, so I was a little concerned that such black-and-white thinking might not fit the mood of the adventure.

Blinkin - if you have trouble reading the PDF FallenDabus linked, let me know and I can copy and paste the traits section out of it for you.

Blinkin

I couldn't find the guide before, thanks for the link. I can certainly remove the questionable traits and adjust the character. Give me a couple of hours to look over things and make adjustments. Anything else in the beckground or character that needs adjustment?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Maverick is installing on my desktop, so buy the time I get access to my books I'm sure the four slots will be fillws. Ce la vie.

Dakkon

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 24, 2013, 01:56:51 PM
I would like to submit either a Wizard or Cleric. (15 point buy will be hard for flex roles though)

I would LIKE to do my tiefling wizard but I don't see how to..

I was thinking either a Versatile Human Cleric of Pharasma or a Cleric of one of the LG/LN gods like Iomade or Adabar.

A Tiefling would be possible, my home game as a Tiefling Paladin in it. Just don't expect all of the people of Krebres to accept you right away.

Pharasma, Iomade and Adabar would all be excellent patron deities.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 24, 2013, 02:29:03 PM
Maverick is installing on my desktop, so buy the time I get access to my books I'm sure the four slots will be fillws. Ce la vie.

We'll see how things go, no reason to count on being down and out yet.

Quote from: Ebb on October 24, 2013, 01:59:22 PM
Well, we're mighty friendly around these parts. Also, a great number of system games tend to get started but then peter out quickly, so there tends to be a pool of players keeping an eye out for the next bus to come along, as it were. Don't let that discourage you, though.

I'm glad you like Zanthus. A couple of minor questions to run by you:
- Is it worth buying a horse as I've done for the start of the game? It's a bit of an investment, but if it's going to end up parked outside the dungeon for the first three levels then it's probably better to just buy some comfortable shoes.
- I had written down "Oath Against Fiends", though it doesn't kick in with any abilities until much later. In the meantime, though, it sort of sets up a zero-tolerance policy for negotiating with or converting demons. Is that a problem in the sense that it would shut down cool interactions for the rest of the party? I read the section on Redemption in the player's guide, so I was a little concerned that such black-and-white thinking might not fit the mood of the adventure.

Blinkin - if you have trouble reading the PDF FallenDabus linked, let me know and I can copy and paste the traits section out of it for you.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Tough to tell you about the horse without spoiling things, so I'll have to say yes and no to it being useful. It will make some parts easier and some parts harder. It will not get parked outsider the first dungeon for the first three levels.

Oath against Fiends is a bit tricky, but I think less so than you think it is. Redemption is a major theme, but remember that the redemption of fiends is extremely rare. If the Paladin thought that there was a genuine effort for a fiend to redeem and become non-evil, I would rule that it would not break the oath, especially since they are supposed to purge evil from those possessed by it. Redeeming a fiend would be very unconventional (and potentially controversial), but I could see someone arguing their way around it.

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2013, 02:25:12 PM
I couldn't find the guide before, thanks for the link. I can certainly remove the questionable traits and adjust the character. Give me a couple of hours to look over things and make adjustments. Anything else in the beckground or character that needs adjustment?

I don't think so. You may want to include what nation Lydia grew up in if it was not Mendev.

Blinkin

I've taken "Touched by Devinity" and follows Erastil. The spell lke ability is Entangle. That ok?

Lydia doesn't know where she was born, exactly and traveled a great deal. The best that I could say was that it would be someplace along the inner sea.

I'm updating the character sheet perhaps go with Aldor as her general birthplace... however you spell it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

I think I'll go with 'Chance Encounter' and she follows the Dawnflower (Sarenrae). A god of redemption sounds right for a tiefling.

She's going to raised to be a weapon against her kin, having taken on her tiefling traits in her teens. For most of the years, she's been cloistered due to lack of trust in Mendev. (A tiefling orphan would be kept out of sight I'm sure) A ward in the trust of the Dawnflower in Mendev seems about right.

Here is what I got so far.  More to come tonight after I help fix a friends network and play some Jade Regent.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Lysia Wayfinder
Tiefling Wizard 1
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Spell-Like Abilities
   1/day—darkness
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (2/day) Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Burning Hands (DC 16)
0 (at will) Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 11
Feats Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Evocation)
Traits Chance Encounter (1/day), Pragmatic Activator, Seeker
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8, Fly +6, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (planes) +8, Perception +5, Spellcraft +8, Use Magic Device +5; Racial Modifiers +4 Fly
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal
SQ arcane bonds (object [ring] [1/day]), intense spells +1, opposition schools (enchantment, illusion), prehensile tail, specialized schools (admixture), versatile evocation (7/day)
Other Gear Ring, 100 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Arcane Bond (Ring) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook 1/day. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Chance Encounter (1/day) Re-reroll failed Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand or Stealth check, keep 2nd result.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Prehensile Tail Your tail can retrieve small objects on your person as a swift action.
Spell Focus (Evocation) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Versatile Evocation (7/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2013, 03:39:57 PM
I've taken "Touched by Devinity" and follows Erastil. The spell lke ability is Entangle. That ok?

Lydia doesn't know where she was born, exactly and traveled a great deal. The best that I could say was that it would be someplace along the inner sea.

I'm updating the character sheet perhaps go with Aldor as her general birthplace... however you spell it.

I don't mind, although in my RL, I've also got someone who's taken Erastil as their Deity with Touched by Divinity. Personally, I think that's one of the coolest traits, so I'd like to explore it with another God or Goddess, although if you're heart's set on Erastil that's okay. I just see a lot of story potential with that trait, so I was actually really looking forward to seeing a different take on it. All in all though, its a small thing.

A vague birthplace is okay! If you don't want to define it, you don't have to. In fact, that may even work better if you intend for her not to know where she's from.

Ebb

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 24, 2013, 03:20:26 PM
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Tough to tell you about the horse without spoiling things, so I'll have to say yes and no to it being useful. It will make some parts easier and some parts harder. It will not get parked outsider the first dungeon for the first three levels.

Oath against Fiends is a bit tricky, but I think less so than you think it is. Redemption is a major theme, but remember that the redemption of fiends is extremely rare. If the Paladin thought that there was a genuine effort for a fiend to redeem and become non-evil, I would rule that it would not break the oath, especially since they are supposed to purge evil from those possessed by it. Redeeming a fiend would be very unconventional (and potentially controversial), but I could see someone arguing their way around it.

All sounds good. I'll keep the Oath and the horse I rode in on. And if Zanthus gets into a few debates with the other party members about whether it's worth redeeming the evil cultists, then that sounds like good roleplaying potential to me.

Dakkon

I'd agree. Just bear in mind that while many NPCs can be redeemed, not all are open to it.

Inash

Ok, this is what I had.  Sorry it took so long to put up, I got sidetracked installing Mavericks on my laptop.  Its kind of a strange concept, if it doesn't work let me know and I'll make some changes, or come up with a new one.

Currently built with 20 point buy and 104 gp (I think that was a rolled amount).

Arim Blacktouched    Played by Inash

[Arim Blacktouched
M LN Fetchling Oracle (BlackBlooded), Level 1, Init +1, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Morningstar 0 (1d8, x2)
Cold Iron Cold Iron Longspear 0 (1d8, x3)
  Leather Armor,   Light Wooden Shield (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Condition None
[/LEFT]
I still need to find a decent picture
Description
Persona
Values
Other Information
Background
Origins

Arim was born to a fetchling merchant family that worked the supply route to Kenabres.  When Arim was about 5, his family was slaughtered by cultists during the 4th crusade.  Though greviously wounded, he was still alive when a passing group of druids drove the cultists off.  There was a brief discussion over whether or not to treat the tainted child, but eventually calm heads won the day and Arim was saved.
Early Childhood
The druids sent the child to an orphanage in Absalom, deciding that would be the best place to raise him.  In this metropolis Arim grew, and became interested - no fascinated- by the worship of Zun-Kuthon.  Though Arim did not enjoy torture, the philosophies of the Midnight Lord somehow eased his troubled, mourning spirit.  He also became fascinated by the night sky, more specifically by the dark spaces between objects in the night sky.  He could often be found staring off into the night and muttering.  Needless to say he was a disturbing influence, and was turned out of the orphanage as soon as his caretakers thought him old enough.  Since then he has traveled, never staying in one place long enough to be chased out.

Tales

Joining the 5th Crusade[/FONT]

"Hear ye, hear ye!  The Fifth Mendevian Crusade is underway.  All interested parties are encouraged to proceed to the church of Iomedae to sign up."
Arim is sitting in a quiet corner of the tavern when the announcement is made.  He has just arrived in town and was enjoying an ale and lunch before going to look for work.  A crusade?  That ... huh.... I wonder.... Yes, I should join.  Finishing his food quickly he rises and heads toward the temple.

With a small motion to ensure his holy symbol is tucked away and out of sight, Arim enters the temple of Iomedae.  Inside he finds that a line has already formed.  Waiting patiently, he exchanges small talk with those in line with him.  When he reaches the front of the line and is cleared by a nearby paladin as 'not evil' he signs his name to the recruitment roster.  My family was slaughtered by demon cultists during the last crusade.  I hope I get a chance to return the favor in this one.

Actions/Rolls
Text
statblock
Arim Blacktouched
M LN Fetchling Oracle (BlackBlooded), Level 1, Init +1, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Morningstar 0 (1d8, x2)
Cold Iron Cold Iron Longspear 0 (1d8, x3)
  Leather Armor,   Light Wooden Shield (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Condition None
Questionaires For Fun
Introduction

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or aliases?
"None that can be repeated in polite company?"

What is your full birth name?
"Arim Blacktouched, what are you deaf or something?"

Where do you live?
"Sadly I never stay in one spot very long.  I guess I don't realy 'live' anywhere, or maybe I live everywhere."

Why do you live there?
"People like me, who's very blood is tainted, aren't really welcome many places.  And quite frankly, I don't want to be anywhere near any of those places where I would be welcomed."

What is your citizenship status?
"I've long since forgotten which country I was born in and I don't believe I've ever officially immigrated anywhere... I should probably take care of that.."

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
"Hmmm, that is a question that will require great thought.  Let me get back to you on that."

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
"Not being treatable by standard healing spells."

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
"Proving that tainted blood does not mean tainted actions."

What kind of threat do you present to the public?
"I don't believe I do."

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
"Aside from the black blood?  No, I have no unique scars or tatoos.  Honestly what tatooist would sully his needles on me."

How much is a pint of mead or ale?
"Too much for me to indulge often."

"10 Min. Background"
Concept Elements:
1) He is largely distrusted because of his cursed blood, but he wants to be known as a law-abiding, honorable person.  Note that he didn't include good.

2) Short, thin, stark white skin and dark grey hair.  The hair color is a bit unique.

3) His family was killed by Demon cultists when he was young.  They almost killed him also.  Ever since then he has been able to see ghosts.

4) Black blooded.  Tainted by the black blood of Orv.  He isn't sure exactly how this came to be, it is a bit of family history that is hidden to him.

5) Follower of Zun-Kuthon.  He feels some kinship to the diety who spent time in the realm of shadows, and beyond the great beyond.  His religious preference is also based on a bit of envy for those whose normal blood gives them more acceptance than he, and a lot on the loss of his family.

Goals:

1) Arim wants to be known as an honorable, reliable, honest individual and strives to maintain this.

2) It would be good to give Arim a chance to combat the cult that destroyed his family.

Secrets

1) Known:

2) Unknown: Arim's family (albeit many generations ago) came from the Darklands.  They were slaves and escaped.  He probably has some Drow enemies who remember his family and would not hesitate to either enslave or kill him given the chance.

3) GM Invented:

People he knows:  - I know this is part of the 10 minute background exercise, but I don't like inventing NPCs for the GM.  It feels like I am limiting what your options are rather than helping.

Memories/Mannerisms/Quirks

1) Covers his eyes when deep in thought.

2) Somewhat twitchy, constantly checking over his shoulder to see what is behind him.

3) Has nightmares of his family being slaughtered by cultists.

Blinkin

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 24, 2013, 04:00:57 PM
I don't mind, although in my RL, I've also got someone who's taken Erastil as their Deity with Touched by Divinity. Personally, I think that's one of the coolest traits, so I'd like to explore it with another God or Goddess, although if you're heart's set on Erastil that's okay. I just see a lot of story potential with that trait, so I was actually really looking forward to seeing a different take on it. All in all though, its a small thing.

A vague birthplace is okay! If you don't want to define it, you don't have to. In fact, that may even work better if you intend for her not to know where she's from.

I'm open to suggestions on the trait and I'll work with you to get what you're looking for. The choice just seemed natural for a ranger, but as long as the god/goddess has some influence over nature in some way, I'm open to it. If you want another trait, we can talk about that as well.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dakkon

Okay, I think I’m going to adjust things a little bit. I’ll take applications to this campaign until 8:00 am GMT, October 31. If you’re not sure what your time zone is relative to GMT, just google “current time GMT” and it will show you. I’m doing this since I’ve received several PMs with interesting character ideas, so I want to give everyone a fair shake at being able to play. This also lets me create a cohesive group. I’m still only going to take four characters though, and when I select characters, I will make sure they all have different campaign traits.

To try and balance out the fact that I’m going to make every character have unique role, I will consider up to two character sheets from each person. I would suggest making those characters fulfill different roles and have different traits than each other. Please note though, that I will only consider sheets that have been completed in full, as once I select a group, I’m sure well all will want to get playing ASAP.

Here is a bit more info for everyone as an FYI.

Eroticism: I’m going to take a fairly light hand with eroticism in this game most of the time, since its not overt in the adventure path. That doesn’t mean that it won’t happen, but that I’m going to let it evolve naturally from the characters. Don’t expect anything to happen right away.

Combat: Just looking around E a bit, I wanted to point out that this game will likely be more combat heavy than most of what I’ve seen here. That doesn’t mean we’ll be lacking in roleplaying at all though! Wrath also lays in on thick with the social interactions. The way I usually GM too is that people roleplay first, then break out the dice if they are needed and modify the roll based on the RP.

Experience Track: We will be using the medium experience track.

Pictures: Because of the way I am doing my maps, a picture that is at least close to what your character looks like would be hugely helpful.

Now on to specific questions:

Quote from: Inash on October 24, 2013, 06:16:51 PM
Ok, this is what I had.  Sorry it took so long to put up, I got sidetracked installing Mavericks on my laptop.  Its kind of a strange concept, if it doesn't work let me know and I'll make some changes, or come up with a new one.

Currently built with 20 point buy and 104 gp (I think that was a rolled amount).

Arim Blacktouched    Played by Inash

BlackBlooded Oracle of the Dark Tapestry
Fetchling
1st Level

Arim Blacktouched
M LN Fetchling Oracle (BlackBlooded), Level 1, Init +2, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Morningstar 1 (1d8+1, x2)
Cold Iron Cold Iron Longspear 1 (1d8, x3)
  Leather Armor,   Light Wooden Shield (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 17
Condition None
I still need to find a decent picture
Description
Persona
Values
Other Information
Background
Origins

Arim was born to a fetchling merchant family that worked the supply route to Kenabres.  When Arim was about 5, his family was slaughtered by cultists during the 4th crusade.  Though greviously wounded, he was still alive when a passing group of druids drove the cultists off.  There was a brief discussion over whether or not to treat the tainted child, but eventually calm heads won the day and Arim was saved.
Early Childhood
The druids sent the child to an orphanage in Absalom, deciding that would be the best place to raise him.  In this metropolis Arim grew, and became interested - no fascinated- by the worship of Zun-Kuthon.  Though Arim did not enjoy torture, the philosophies of the Midnight Lord somehow eased his troubled, mourning spirit.  He also became fascinated by the night sky, more specifically by the dark spaces between objects in the night sky.  He could often be found staring off into the night and muttering.  Needless to say he was a disturbing influence, and was turned out of the orphanage as soon as his caretakers thought him old enough.  Since then he has traveled, never staying in one place long enough to be chased out.

Tales

Joining the 5th Crusade[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"]"Hear ye, hear ye!  The Fifth Mendevian Crusade is underway.  All interested parties are encouraged to proceed to the church of Iomedae to sign up."[/COLOR]
Arim is sitting in a quiet corner of the tavern when the announcement is made.  He has just arrived in town and was enjoying an ale and lunch before going to look for work.  A crusade?  That ... huh.... I wonder.... Yes, I should join.  Finishing his food quickly he rises and heads toward the temple.

With a small motion to ensure his holy symbol is tucked away and out of sight, Arim enters the temple of Iomedae.  Inside he finds that a line has already formed.  Waiting patiently, he exchanges small talk with those in line with him.  When he reaches the front of the line and is cleared by a nearby paladin as 'not evil' he signs his name to the recruitment roster.  [COLOR="SeaGreen"]My family was slaughtered by demon cultists during the last crusade.  I hope I get a chance to return the favor in this one.[/COLOR]

Actions/Rolls
Text
statblock
[SIZE=+1]Arim Blacktouched[/SIZE]
M LN Fetchling Oracle (BlackBlooded), Level 1, Init +2, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morningstar 1 (1d8+1, x2)
Alchemical Silver Silver Dagger 1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Cold Iron Cold Iron Longspear 1 (1d8, x3)
  Scale Mail,   Light Steel Shield (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition None
Questionaires For Fun
Introduction

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or aliases?
"None that can be repeated in polite company?"

What is your full birth name?
"Arim Blacktouched, what are you deaf or something?"

Where do you live?
"Sadly I never stay in one spot very long.  I guess I don't realy 'live' anywhere, or maybe I live everywhere."

Why do you live there?
"People like me, who's very blood is tainted, aren't really welcome many places.  And quite frankly, I don't want to be anywhere near any of those places where I would be welcomed."

What is your citizenship status?
"I've long since forgotten which country I was born in and I don't believe I've ever officially immigrated anywhere... I should probably take care of that.."

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
"Hmmm, that is a question that will require great thought.  Let me get back to you on that."

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
"Not being treatable by standard healing spells."

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
"Proving that tainted blood does not mean tainted actions."

What kind of threat do you present to the public?
"I don't believe I do."

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
"Aside from the black blood?  No, I have no unique scars or tatoos.  Honestly what tatooist would sully his needles on me."

How much is a pint of mead or ale?
"Too much for me to indulge often."

"10 Min. Background"
Concept Elements:
1) He is largely distrusted because of his cursed blood, but he wants to be known as a law-abiding, honorable person.  Note that he didn't include good.

2) Short, thin, stark white skin and dark grey hair.  The hair color is a bit unique.

3) His family was killed by Demon cultists when he was young.  They almost killed him also.  Ever since then he has been able to see ghosts.

4) Black blooded.  Tainted by the black blood of Orv.  He isn't sure exactly how this came to be, it is a bit of family history that is hidden to him.

5) Follower of Zun-Kuthon.  He feels some kinship to the diety who spent time in the realm of shadows, and beyond the great beyond.  His religious preference is also based on a bit of envy for those whose normal blood gives them more acceptance than he, and a lot on the loss of his family.

Goals:

1) Arim wants to be known as an honorable, reliable, honest individual and strives to maintain this.

2) It would be good to give Arim a chance to combat the cult that destroyed his family.

Secrets

1) Known:

2) Unknown: Arim's family (albeit many generations ago) came from the Darklands.  They were slaves and escaped.  He probably has some Drow enemies who remember his family and would not hesitate to either enslave or kill him given the chance.

3) GM Invented:

People he knows:  - I know this is part of the 10 minute background exercise, but I don't like inventing NPCs for the GM.  It feels like I am limiting what your options are rather than helping.

Memories/Mannerisms/Quirks

1) Covers his eyes when deep in thought.

2) Somewhat twitchy, constantly checking over his shoulder to see what is behind him.

3) Has nightmares of his family being slaughtered by cultists.
That is a very different character, but also very interesting. I think he could end up working. Were you planning on taking the Exposed to Awfulness trait since it links closely to the background as written?

Quote from: Blinkin on October 24, 2013, 06:42:05 PM
I'm open to suggestions on the trait and I'll work with you to get what you're looking for. The choice just seemed natural for a ranger, but as long as the god/goddess has some influence over nature in some way, I'm open to it. If you want another trait, we can talk about that as well.

Don't change the trait. Fandarra, Gozreh, Hanspur and Ketephys all have something to do with nature and could be tied in. Same goes with the Empyreanal Lords Halcamora, Rowdrosh, Uskyeria, Immonhiel, Keltheald, Pulura, Tolc, Tanagaar, Cerunuuos, Jalaijatali, Lalaci and Valani.