Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 02:57:05 PM
Kind of an intimidating game to jump into midstream, but I'll give it a better look. I didn't see a definitive list of worlds that were off-limits, and someone already snatched up Solaire, the chosen undead, and the arisen all in one fell swoop. I assume you only want fighting game characters right now?

Oh no, any characters are allowed. We're just going to the Mortal Kombat world right now, but just to give you an example, we recently had a little fight on the Citadel (Mass Effect) where Terra (FF6), Geralt (Witcher) and more all got attacked by Sith (Star Wars). There are no rules in terms of this crossover!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Ashleebabe

A friend of mind asked me to check this out, I am not sure how well I would do but I told her I would try it for her.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Ashleebabe

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Blue Nova

Awesome! We would love to have you ash  ;D

Let me or any GM know if you need assistance with anything.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 02:57:05 PM
Kind of an intimidating game to jump into midstream, but I'll give it a better look. I didn't see a definitive list of worlds that were off-limits, and someone already snatched up Solaire, the chosen undead, and the arisen all in one fell swoop. I assume you only want fighting game characters right now?

Nope we don't merely want all fighting game characters right now.

True I did make a composite character but first of all, it is not out of the question to simply make another Arisen/Chosen Undead from a different game. After all, as I recall there is Dragon's Dogma Online and lore wise Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma has a multiverse effectively.

Lastly theres the hunters of Bloodborne if you wanted to stick to FromSoftware. ^_^

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 02:52:01 PM
Is Coercion a crime? I am not being held against my will to be here or anything. LOL jk

I would like to play Malon

Not at all and we can arrange that with both silk ropes, manacles and whatever assortments you might enjoy. Welcome aboard the Love Train ;)

… Im sold already on Malon showing up by the way. Just a helpful tip, we do have Link in the game as a PC so if you want to collaborate, I'd read his backstory a touch. ^_^

Rel Mayer

Pumpkin Seeds

Rel Mayer

Ashleebabe

@ Blue: I know you missed me but I have returned! I have an ace helping me in the background that's a GM and master manipulator.

@Laughing: Do not tempt me with the silken ropes.

I have a GM helping me but i have no idea about video games. The closest I get to is you tubers online playing games

@ Rel
You picked her, I just agreed with it.  ;)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 18, 2015, 03:19:42 PM
Whew..a lot to read.

Heres a familiar face. Welcome Pumpkin. It's been a while.

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 03:20:30 PM

I have a GM helping me but i have no idea about video games. The closest I get to is you tubers online playing games

Well i have absolutely no problems answering questions and I would be such a terrible person to tempt someone with a lovers swing. ^_^

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 03:20:30 PM
@ Blue: I know you missed me but I have returned! I have an ace helping me in the background that's a GM and master manipulator.

@ Rel
You picked her, I just agreed with it.  ;)

* Rel Mayer innocently bats eyelashes.

eternaldarkness

I was thinking about another Dark Souls character - maybe Bishop Havel the Rock or Dark Sun Gwyndolin. Failing that, perhaps Jason Voorhees since he's a Mortal Kombat character and I already have an idea for him partly worked up.

Ashleebabe

Rel Mayer

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 03:29:08 PM
I was thinking about another Dark Souls character - maybe Bishop Havel the Rock or Dark Sun Gwyndolin. Failing that, perhaps Jason Voorhees since he's a Mortal Kombat character and I already have an idea for him partly worked up.

Any of those should work just fine! May want to speak to Laughing Hyena if you decide to go with Dark Souls. :) Just to align your stories if you want.

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 03:30:12 PM
LOL Yeah innocent my butt

It was a nice butt.

Ashleebabe

It should be as hard as I worked to get it there.

Off to work on a character sheet

Laughing Hyena

Well Gwyndolin was billed as an antagonist because of the backstory having Solaire, slaying the illusion of Gywnevere and getting ejected from his game by the Dragon Grigori as punishment. My interpretation of the story had Gwyndolin as a villain, a child not fit for his fathers throne, lying and deceiving the undead in a false prophecy to make them sacrifice themselves to prolong the Age of Fire, the Age of Gods.

And yes the best thing is to pick protagonists or at the very least people that are anti heroes. So guys like Jason would not be viable for a main character. (Though Blue does need other players to play antagonists for the tournament if I recall right.)

Havel however would be completely viable.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 18, 2015, 03:37:48 PM
Well Gwyndolin was billed as an antagonist because of the backstory having Solaire, slaying the illusion of Gywnevere and getting ejected from his game by the Dragon Grigori as punishment. My interpretation of the story had Gwyndolin as a villain, a child not fit for his fathers throne, lying and deceiving the undead in a false prophecy to make them sacrifice themselves to prolong the Age of Fire, the Age of Gods.

And yes the best thing is to pick protagonists or at the very least people that are anti heroes. So guys like Jason would not be viable for a main character. (Though Blue does need other players to play antagonists for the tournament if I recall right.)

Havel however would be completely viable.

Well, you don't always have to pick the good guys. You can always play characters who were aligned any possible way during their games, just explain why they would be fighting with the good guys now.

Does that make sense?

Blue Nova

eternaldarkness

I'll pass. It seems Hyena has the DS universe locked up, and everything else I'm interested in is kinda already taken or requires too much work to get in. Good luck though.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 03:48:12 PM
I'll pass. It seems Hyena has the DS universe locked up, and everything else I'm interested in is kinda already taken or requires too much work to get in. Good luck though.

Shit… Now I feel bad. Anyway this can be handled ED?

Vaulera

On the note of playing villains, I'm playing Juri from street fighter right now, and Jinx. Neither of these people are particularly good people. Juri has some redeeming qualities in the story, but still plays out like a straight villain in the story, where Jinx is just kinda crazy. If you take Jason Voorhees and give him some interesting reason why he's either never been a bad guy, or maybe someone from a different game gave him a macguffin to turn him good, then he would be cool. Not a GM, though, that might be something to look into.

On the note of DS, as a fan, Bloodborne or someone from DS2 would also work quite nicely, if you've played those. Could always go for a Yurt, a Lautrec (my favourite,) or a Creighton. I love making badguys be "good" guys.

Blue Nova

Hey guys, no player can claim an entire game to themselves. They can only claim 1 character. If someone plays Link, and has a story about Zelda in his Bio. But another player wants to play Zelda, the story changes to make room for the player. If Princess Peaches story about Mario is that he is missing, and another player wants to be Mario, he is no longer missing. Period. It would never be fair for any one player to claim an entire game, the first person to pick the game gets to write the homeworld situation, but even if another player wants to play someone from that world, we will find a compromise for the back story.

Quote from: Vaulera on June 18, 2015, 03:56:49 PM
On the note of playing villains, I'm playing Juri from street fighter right now, and Jinx. Neither of these people are particularly good people. Juri has some redeeming qualities in the story, but still plays out like a straight villain in the story, where Jinx is just kinda crazy. If you take Jason Voorhees and give him some interesting reason why he's either never been a bad guy, or maybe someone from a different game gave him a macguffin to turn him good, then he would be cool. Not a GM, though, that might be something to look into.

On the note of DS, as a fan, Bloodborne or someone from DS2 would also work quite nicely, if you've played those. Could always go for a Yurt, a Lautrec (my favourite,) or a Creighton. I love making badguys be "good" guys.

Yup, you can play bad guys turned to the good guys side, but still be dark as hell, just for whatever reason. They have interests that align with the others.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 18, 2015, 03:57:19 PM
Hey guys, no player can claim an entire game to themselves. They can only claim 1 character. If someone plays Link, and has a story about Zelda in his Bio. But another player wants to play Zelda, the story changes to make room for the player. If Princess Peaches story about Mario is that he is missing, and another player wants to be Mario, he is no longer missing. Period. It would never be fair for any one player to claim an entire game, the first person to pick the game gets to write the homeworld situation, but even if another player wants to play someone from that world, we will find a compromise for the back story.

Sorry for coming off with that as an impression. I didn't claim Dark Souls as an entire game. I was trying to collaborate and well, be helpful with backstory and continuity.

Sain

Teemo exists in game so whole League is basically claimed as no other champion really matters in comparison :/

As a first impression to other brave souls I can say that at least the entrance area isn't that scary if you just take the first step into the game.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

eternaldarkness

It's cool. I'd rather not step on an established players toes. Thanks for answering my questions.