Moving In With Dad

Started by traci80, December 10, 2009, 08:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci80

Hi,

In the following RP I am planning on playing the dad, but I could play the son if that's what you would prefer. If there are any changes you would like to make, or have ideas to add on feel free...

Moving In With Dad
Ted Ramsey was 38 and going into his tenth year as a divorced, single man. He lives in a trailer by himself on the south end of town. He worked as a dispatcher for CSX down at the railroad yard. He socialized little with the females since breaking up with his wife and had slipped into a quiet life by himself. He had a 16 year-old son named Alex who lived with his mom. Ted had seen little of his son over the years thanks to stories the woman had made up accusing him of abusing the two of them. He had tried fighting it in the beginning, but the mom bias in the courts had eventually made him give up his efforts at visitation rights.
Alex Ramsey was 16. He was a bit small for his age taking after his mother more than his big boned father. His skateboard and various girls consumed his time. His mom had spoiled him over time giving him what he wanted and leaving him with few responsibilities around the house. For Alex life was good until his mom discovered crack. I-Pods and other toys became fewer and eventually stopped altogether. His mom was arrested soon after for stealing nearly three hundred thousand from the insurance company she worked for. The man who wasn't trusted by the courts to see his son a couple times a week was now quickly sought out by a social worker who began the process of moving Alex in with his dad.
There is friction between the two right from the start. The dad had a list of chores for the boy. Alex wasn't at all used to lifting a finger around the house. He had to be taught how to use a washer and dryer. Alex was to keep his room clean. Dad wasn't going to be picking up after him. Alex could almost accept these things, but shoveling snow..no way.
Alex is straight. He's not crazy about now having to go to a new school, but it does give him a new group of girls to flirt with. The dad had been interested in teenage guys since his married days, but never had acted on these desires. Alex who he hadn't seen in years begins to draw his dad's stares. A sexual tension might develop between them. Alex might know his dad likes him. He might tease him. Dress for him. But no touch is the rule.
I can also play a girl and maybe one of Alex's friends.
Maybe Alex is making money from a perv he gets to know in the trailer park.