Kingmaker (Pathfinder)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, May 15, 2019, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MingMing

Wow... I guess I missed something. 

I rather liked EvilNerf's proposal of 'Alys'.  I knew a college friend named just like that, really nice girl.  And I loved that pic and the idea of a would-be noble/knight archetype.  I didn't get a 'stuck-up' vibe, but that's just me.  I love true knights and noblesse-oblige, Percival's rather than Gawain's; Galahad's rather than Lancelot's...  But maybe I'm a closet Romanticist.  :-)
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

PhantomPistoleer

I never said that the character was stuck up.  I simply asked the player to promise not to play a stuck up knight since I've had issues with characters with moral codes alienating other characters (and their players) in previous games.  It was an anticipatory statement made within the context of having never played with him before.  An "I'll give you a shot if you can just promise not to do this."  I don't think it was an unreasonable request, especially if he wasn't going to play the character as a stuck up.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

evilnerf

Quote from: MingMing on May 18, 2019, 02:36:06 AM
Wow... I guess I missed something. 

I rather liked EvilNerf's proposal of 'Alys'.  I knew a college friend named just like that, really nice girl.  And I loved that pic and the idea of a would-be noble/knight archetype.  I didn't get a 'stuck-up' vibe, but that's just me.  I love true knights and noblesse-oblige, Percival's rather than Gawain's; Galahad's rather than Lancelot's...  But maybe I'm a closet Romanticist.  :-)

Yep!  That's exactly what I'm going for.

Zaer Darkwail

My char pic;

Chad Rogarvia

I am debating my Iomedae warpriest being either LG (so quite paladin alike) or NG.

Marie Reynolds

Well  I hope I can still throw my hat in.

Please keep in mind this is a bit of a work in progress!

Race: Half Elf ( With the Fey Magic Racial Trait)
Class: A Ranger/Bard Level distribution will be figured out once we get starting level for the game.

Kingdom Position: Councilor, Looking to be the kingdoms adviser and Ambassador to the Fey of the area. other duties that she will be suited to also would be carpentry, Architecture and urban planning with balancing the needs of building cities while balancing conservation of the natural world around the kingdom.

So I am looking at part scholar part craftsperson and a  healthy dose of social acumen.

I Have not yet come  up with a first name yet, She will have the surname,Medvyed and will have the campaign trait for that family as well.

Ryu Wojin

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 18, 2019, 03:07:16 AM
I never said that the character was stuck up.  I simply asked the player to promise not to play a stuck up knight since I've had issues with characters with moral codes alienating other characters (and their players) in previous games.  It was an anticipatory statement made within the context of having never played with him before.  An "I'll give you a shot if you can just promise not to do this."  I don't think it was an unreasonable request, especially if he wasn't going to play the character as a stuck up.

I understand what you're saying. Sometimes conflict of ideals and lead to beautiful character growth. But as you say, it's best if we keep atleast the overall ideal of 'good' aligned characters so for the most part, we're on the same page and don't want to split from the party out of anger and clashing ideals.

Here's a real application but keep in mind I'm willing to fill if someone makes a chara like mine.
Character Sheet

Mana
NG Female Kitsune [Life] Shaman 1

With wisdom being a main stat, she can do High Priest or Councillor. She'll have decent Charisma and could also make for a consort.

Str 8, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 16.

HP : 10
Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +5

Initative +8, Perception +4

evilnerf

Well, rest assured I have no intention of having my character be a jerk.  Noblesse oblig by the way, is the belief that being a noble comes with obligations to protect and lead the common folks.  I certainly pictured my character more likely to butt heads with her family then the other players as I was certainly going for the idea of a romantic chivalric knight.

On that note, I was thinking of switching my order from Blue Rose (which is devotion to peace above all else) to Order of the Sword (which is a devotion to honor, and chivalry).  It does require me to swear to a Lord or Lady, but if you think that's gonna be a problem, I don't have to take that.

MingMing

evilnerf
Knowing what I know of the way the game is set up, that seems a really wonderful way to integrate tightly with the party!  I am hyped and looking forward to this game!

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

evilnerf

Thanks Ming!  I certainly hope so.  I saw you wanted to put in a character from Tien Xia.  Do you know what nation they are going to be from?  I've always loved Tien Xia.

MingMing

Probably my character will originally be from Lingshen, the land of the Terra Cotta warriors...  :-)

evilnerf

Ah that was always a cool place.  Definitely the coolest of the daughters of Lung Wa.

Ixy

Here's a drafted sheet for a L1 Rogue.  Reformed bandit, generally-- Thanks for your consideration.  Background story coming soon. 

PhantomPistoleer

All right --

I have had a rolling admission thus far, and I've admitted several players already.

Thus far, I've admitted:

-- Miroque;
-- Ming Ming;
-- Ixy; and,
-- Grizzley.

With myself, that makes a total of five players.  So, there are three slots left.

I have decided to admit Ryu, Marie, and Phaia, if they still want to play in this campaign.  If I am not notified of their decisions by the 21st, then I will select a replacement.

We need to discuss several matters before anyone solidifies their character creation plans here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=305102.0#new
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ryu Wojin

Marie Reynolds

Yep I am Still Interested!

evilnerf

Wait, so why am I rejected? You asked me to promise I wouldn't be haughty (despite nothing in my character background indicating she was haughty) and I did. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: evilnerf on May 19, 2019, 07:52:00 AM
Wait, so why am I rejected? You asked me to promise I wouldn't be haughty (despite nothing in my character background indicating she was haughty) and I did.

I think he placed you into as potential replacement if any the other accepted candidates drop out (as he mentioned before he haven't RP'ed with you before and Kingmaker games in E has already high chance to fall out or fail to progress past first combat encounter). But I wonder my own case as Phantom had not one word commented any my posts or application anyway (concept being ok or not).

Callie Del Noire

You weren’t the only one. So keep an eye out for him to contact you. Zaer isn’t kidding about turn over. Kingmaker does not run well for participation.

evilnerf

I'm actually not listed as an alternate.

I was also the 4th person to post, so it looks more like I got rejected outright and I'm trying to figure out why.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: evilnerf on May 19, 2019, 08:14:12 AM
I'm actually not listed as an alternate.

I was also the 4th person to post, so it looks more like I got rejected outright and I'm trying to figure out why.

I think he recruits 8 people and he listed Ryu, Marie, and Phaia as last fillers for last spots (and if any or others drop out then he looks other applicants).

Edit; And also there is more people not listed or ignored than me or you. Phantom just picked likely group whom he was familiar and has good experiences first to see does it work or not.

PhantomPistoleer

Hmm.  You know, I have been on this site for ten years or so, and I have never seen anyone demand to know why they weren’t chosen.  Nerf, your character was fine, but I don’t believe I can get along with you as one of my players.  And, quite frankly, I don’t think you will get along with me.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Relikai

Putting a tag here if it reopens.

I just recently got back into Pathfinder Kingmaker (PC) too. Had a run with an Eldritch Archer, now giving pure 2-H Fighter a try  ::)

MingMing

Do you play with mods?  I've been having fun some quality of life ones...  and the expanded options that bring in stuff from PNP as well.

jeflint

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as a back up back up back up lamb to the slaughter. :)

If it ever gets to that. Since it seems there is a turn over rate for the Kingmaker stuff.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Relikai

Quote from: MingMing on May 20, 2019, 02:53:18 PM
Do you play with mods?  I've been having fun some quality of life ones...  and the expanded options that bring in stuff from PNP as well.

Nah i dont wanna push my PC too hard. The crafting options look cool tho!