Story Idea: Religious / Political Indoctrination (F for anyone)

Started by Beorning, June 01, 2016, 03:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello!  :-)

Here's a story idea I'd like to try... well, maybe not a full idea, but story seed to be developed. All and any input from potential partners welcome!  :-)

Basically, I'd like to play in a story that would feature some kind of heavy religious or political indoctrination. Specifically, I'd like to play a female character that gets subjected to it. I see it as a story where my character is captured by some sort of controlling government or religious group and is subjected to various attempts at breaking her will and making her embrace the government's / group's dogma.

The story could take place in some sort of dystopian future, like the setting of The Handmaid's Tale. It could take place in a modern world, at a place controlled by some sort of cult. It could take place in a convent in a modern world or some past era, with my character being forced into becoming a nun for some reason... But it could also take place in some sort of fantasy setting - Game of Thrones fans can certainly remember the scenes with Cersei and Septa Unella.  ;) Anyway, it'd be a story about an oppressive religious group trying to indoctrinate / brainwash / break someone who doesn't share their beliefs.

Alternatively, it could be a story about *political* indoctrination. Again, we could go with some dystopian future here, with my character being a victim of an oppressive / totalitarian government. In such a case, the government would try to make her follow the "party line", embrace the values it promotes etc.

Anyone interested in a story like that? If so, please PM me! :)