House on Haunted Hill Style RP

Started by Seaweed, May 29, 2011, 12:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaweed

Title: The Peppered House

Excerpt:

The road was wet and slippery I had forgotten what the place had look like until now. But there it lay abandoned as I waited for them all to appear. I wasn't the type for reunions, especially in reunions in such an sucluded place. But every time I took a moment to look out to the forest that surrounded the house, I felt new breath in my lungs. I never felt such a surge of energy in me. And then something tugged at me. How easily, was I to be remembered.

I was the kid who barely came to class, to many times in the hospital. I was the weird kid everyone through in the trash or ignored me as if I were a ghost, quiet, and morbid. I read poe and wrote poems darkest pourings of my soul. I wasn't loud, I wasn't popular. I wonder how many would stare at my face and remember who I was.

The morning was quiet, the way these places tended to be. Miles along all I could see were the winter tees all lined up. For late spring it was chilly and the clouds continued to roll in still and gray. Quiet and dark. The ground was wet from last nights rain and the smell of rosemary and wild onions mixed in with mud and ferns filled your nose. The house itself was tall and black, with four stories it use to be the family home of the Litcher family. They all died one by one. And the place lay abandon, for the most part. Part musuem and part hotel, it was a place of history. None of it bothered me, I loved musuems. Old Victorian decor from a late Victorian era. It reminded me of big black dollhouse. But there was an aura around it that made me think sleeping in this dollhouse was like opening Pandora's Box.

I heard the rolling of tires squeeling towards the hotel, the one we'd be staying for two weeks. It was a red car, brand new and quite expensive from the looks up of it. Different from my black three year old sedan sitting gently underneath some trees. I wondered if I'd even remember their faces.

Plot:

This RP is a House on Haunted Hill style of RP. If you haven't seen the movie its okay, you don't have to know what's going on. Its just styled in that way. In this RP a group of now adults reunites with each other at the Litcher mansion. What they didn't realize was this mansion will begin to haunt them. The house will begin to get to know you. Use your inner demons and nightmares against you. While releasing its on onslaught of hellish nightmares. The Litcher family will curse you and try to kill you.

Also this is styled a little like Freddy Cougar too, don't think your dreams are safe either. Its easier for any of the Litcher family to try and come and get you through your dreams. Because its the closest to death.

Your own nightmares and demons can also attack your friends or people close to you.

Despite the timeline of the characters being there for two weeks, this RP will not be that fast. This RP is for people like me who are kind of busy, but like to write good stories.

I will not release the character sheet until I get a good amount of interest. But keep in mind these things:

Name:

Inner Demon/Nightmare:

High School Role: Were you the loner, the cheerleader, the popular jock, etc. Mind you with my character [presented in the excerpt] I've planned my role to be the wanderer, not exactly the loner.

Present Occupation: Where do you work? At what level, employee, manager, assistant, etc. Are you rich or poor? Do you have a family?

I want these to be something you think about because I like a level of depth within in the character.

What I can give you of my character:

Name: Julian S. Foster

High School Role: Wanderer + Loner= a combo of a wanderer someone who was intelligent and inquistive with a deep secret. Because of his tendency to be educationally nomadic he was a loner because his creative inquistive nature wasn't appreciated by most.

Present Occupation: Medium income, not poor not rich not comfortably upperclass either. Writer, published here and there but not famous. Writes horror.

bubby

Possibly interested...would be a loner type. Inquery: Will you be the one who has control of the House and the ghosts within and what they do?

Seaweed

Quote from: bubby on May 29, 2011, 01:32:04 AM
Possibly interested...would be a loner type. Inquery: Will you be the one who has control of the House and the ghosts within and what they do?

Yes and No.

I will have GM Supernatural Events.

And Regular Events can be created by members themselves.

Seaweed

abandoneddolly

Seaweed

Glad to see you're interested Abandoned Dolly.

abandoneddolly

facing inner demons is always intriguing

Seaweed

Especially when I write it, kidding btw.

Sarah Morgan

I'm definitely interested in this too.  Playing in a haunted house could definitely be fun!  Did these characters know each other in high school, and set up a date to meet at the house when they were older?  That's kind of what this sounds like, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask.  Definitely sounds like an interesting plot though!

Seaweed

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on May 30, 2011, 07:58:02 PM
I'm definitely interested in this too.  Playing in a haunted house could definitely be fun!  Did these characters know each other in high school, and set up a date to meet at the house when they were older?  That's kind of what this sounds like, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask.  Definitely sounds like an interesting plot though!

It was actually an event a competition. A school who won a random number test and got their number pull, could have a reunion sponsored at the musuem.

Not all of these students know each other. They may.

But realistically, would you actually remember someone who wasn't in your social circle?

Probably not.

Sarah Morgan

Good point.  I just wasn't sure of how you were going to get a group of people there, so I was just curious.  I like the whole number thing though.  So just to make sure I understand this right, anyone from the school who's interested in going to the house will put their name into some sort of drawing, and they'll be given a number, and whoever's numbers get picked will get a chance to go.  Is this just with high school students, or is it an older group, like college?  And do you have a thread set up for the game yet, so I can bookmark it?

Seaweed

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on May 30, 2011, 09:29:00 PM
Good point.  I just wasn't sure of how you were going to get a group of people there, so I was just curious.  I like the whole number thing though.  So just to make sure I understand this right, anyone from the school who's interested in going to the house will put their name into some sort of drawing, and they'll be given a number, and whoever's numbers get picked will get a chance to go.  Is this just with high school students, or is it an older group, like college?  And do you have a thread set up for the game yet, so I can bookmark it?

You misunderstand me:

-The school the physical school so we went to Lambert School. Lambert School was up against thousand of other schools. And the musuem pulled out the number for Lambert School.

-Now the musuem sponsors the Lambert school reunion and sends an e-mail out to the high school students of the 80s - 90s to the 2011 reunion. Which means all your characters are adults now.

-You get this e-mail you may or may not, being realistic, still be in contact with other students. And thus yall decide to go.

-I will be having about 6 characters minimum and 8 maximum.

----

I just have this interest check up right now.

Sarah Morgan

Oops, sorry for the mix-up!  I'm not sure if I just missed that part somewhere, or if the details just hadn't been explained yet.  I understand it now though, and thanks for clearing up my error!

Seaweed

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on May 31, 2011, 12:49:36 AM
Oops, sorry for the mix-up!  I'm not sure if I just missed that part somewhere, or if the details just hadn't been explained yet.  I understand it now though, and thanks for clearing up my error!

Its all right. Probably my fault.

clickandclack