News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

back in my day..

Started by DrGrim, February 20, 2012, 10:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

back in my day
when you wanted to type something you did it on a typewriter not a computer
and we were better for it.

*only because a typewriter doesn't lose power and lose all your data* *cries*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Noxie

Back in my day
kids played outside and came home when the street lights turned on

Mordred

Back in my day..
Once night descended upon the land, folk locked their doors, closed their shutters, and made peace with their god.. as my whisper searched for those defiant souls who wished for something slightly darker..
And yessssss.. we were so much better for it.
*See Pillory*

Autumn52

back in my day
coffee makers didn't need electricity they were put on the stove top to brew
and we were so much better for it
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

despickable

Back in my day Tablets were prescribed by a doctor not bought in an electrical store

And we were better for it and healthier too

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

DrGrim

Back in my day
people wrote thier notes in a notebook not on a laptop
And we was better for it

Autumn52

Back in my day music had a melody and a pretty voice to sing a tune
instead of the loud obnoxious sounds that come from people now
and we was better for it

derek

Back in my day you could hear the lyrics to a song without them being lost in the loud music mix...and we was better and happier for it.

Sybl

Back in my day women knew how to chop wood and fill a wood stove.
And we were better and healthier for it.

derek

Back in my day we knew how to make do with what we had and we was better for it.

Sybl

Back in my day bubblegum was a penny.  :o
And we were better (and happier) for it.

derek

Back in my day life wasn't all fun but we didn't know how good we had it but we were better for it.

BrokenShards

Back in my day we had to all wear top hats and gowns
and we were better, and smarter, for it.
Ready to write when someone requires.

yasarra

Back in my day, we had to go outside and play.  No computers in our house.  We could drink from the garden hose and run stomp in the mud puddles in our galoshes.

And we were so, so much better for it.

Sweet Trouble

Back in my day
your word meant something, not only to you but to those you gave it to.
If you gave it you meant it..Period!

Mordred

Back in my day..
When sleep whispered it's soft caress upon the soul and pulled the mind deep into it's realm of dreams, there weren't all these crazy distractions to keep the mind from a full, wonderful sleep..
Yes, oh yes, we were indeed better for it.
*See Pillory*

Razzz

Back in my day...
We used to get drunk by actually drinking the alcohol & not by shoving an O.B. up our crack
...and we were better for it.

Mordred

*yikes.. can't help but clench certain areas at that last*

Back in my day..
Phone numbers were memorized, not simply added to the growing dependency for our gadgets..
Despite the possible disagreement here, we were definitely better for it.
*See Pillory*

Veluux

Back in my day...
Lincoln Logs were the shit. And after playing with them you felt like you had all the knowledge you needed to build a real life fort. (That fort ends up crashing down on your head and you go to the hospital for stiches. Lesson learned.)
...and you were better for it!

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Secretwriter

(Razzz? Explain that please? O.o)  Back in my day kids were disciplined.  We knew how to mind. We didn't have a DS in our hands at age six or run all over the doc's office screaming because we didn't have it with us. We knew better than to show our butts and most of us were better for it. 

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Razzz

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 24, 2012, 09:54:55 AM
(Razzz? Explain that please? O.o)

(Since there is youth now that drenches a tampon in an alcoholic beverage & well... ::) It's not like I came up with it haha)

Back in my day...
Hip hop was still real, creative & fun to listen to, a movement against "the man" & not some money hungry punks who think that they are lyrical.
...and we were better for it (or I at least was)

Secretwriter

(ohhh owwww. Well if they are dumb enough... I always thought it burned enough at the other end)
back in my day country sounded like country, pop sounded like pop. The two were able to be told apart by more than a fake southern twang. Dunno if anyone was better for it but it irritates me bunghole like those tampons lol

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Razzz

(lol...nice one)

back in my day...
It was all fun & games just to hang around on the block or at the local hang spots, nowdays you get beat up just for saying "Hello..."
...and we were better for it

Secretwriter

Back in my day I searched caves with a beastly attack dog and a sturdy torch. The dog was my pet, the torch was a stick with a rag tied to it, unlit, and the caves were my front yard. We had imagination, didn't have everything built for us. And we know where tampons properly belonged hehe and we was better for it.

Anesa

Cashiers HAD to know how to count back change correctly.  PLUS, they were courteous when you came to their check out and didn't act as though you were inconveniencing them by coming through their line....

...and we were definitely happier customers, if not also better for it.