Interest check, Pathfinder campaign spanning three AP's (and three generations)

Started by Tamhansen, September 24, 2018, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

I recently started on the 'return of the runelords' AP in which the PC's follow in the footprints of the famous heroes from the 'Rise of the runelords' and the 'shattered star' AP's. In the 'return, players are encouraged to create a bond with the earlier heroes, and I figured, what if these were descendents of said heroes?

And that brought me to my next idea. Running through the three AP's with characters descending from those in the previous one. So the adventurers from the first AP retire and raise children, who will be the heroes of AP2, retire and raise the third generation.

This might eventually lead to incestuous relations of course, but there is no need to, it would be up to the players themselves to decide, though I imagine the third generation might include various cousins.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

HalfTime

Chulanowa

Miroque

aaannnnnddd then comes to the age and lifespans of the races..Where Elf could be say, 150y at the beginning, and human 16, in AP1, then in end of AP1, human would be... 25? and elf 159... human would "retire" and settle down at age of 27, get children , who will mature at the right time.. to age 16ish for AP2, Elf would still be only 177y.... Then again, should the elf be the "focus point" say, AP1 Elf starts at 150y, settles down at 160ish... gets children... they mature to 150y, human from AP1  would have to be 176y old... or the human child (related to AP1 human) would be 5 generations away from him/her. (doable, but would this be the idea? or direct decendants?)

Problem would be solved, with limited race pool (all should have races of similar lifespans, or better yet, all should be same race alltogether)

EDIT: All in all, Im still intrested :)

Tamhansen

Yeah. I reckon races with long lifespans should be restricted. Though I guess an Elf adventuring alongside humans might end up with Half elven children. ;)

But your point definitely merits serious consideration.
ons and offs

Vergil Tanner

So long as I can play a Healslut (Possibly a Trap?) (that is a serious itch of mine >.> ) I'm interested! :D

Would there be an interest to use a Healslut? Male or female, any preference? I prefer to play Trappy Male Healsluts, but I suppose I could do female, if the muse struck me. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Zaer Darkwail

My preferance would be female healslut, so far I only got one and two expections to the trap rule.

Vergil Tanner

Funnily enough, the second exception you have is the FC I would be using for a male healslut ;-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, then all good for me then ;D. I just have rather specific taste on traps overall. But would your healslut be gay or bi?

Vergil Tanner

Bisexual, but with a heavy preference for men. Especially big, strong, dominating men :P

Chulanowa

Quote from: Miroque on September 24, 2018, 04:06:13 PM
aaannnnnddd then comes to the age and lifespans of the races..Where Elf could be say, 150y at the beginning, and human 16, in AP1, then in end of AP1, human would be... 25? and elf 159... human would "retire" and settle down at age of 27, get children , who will mature at the right time.. to age 16ish for AP2, Elf would still be only 177y.... Then again, should the elf be the "focus point" say, AP1 Elf starts at 150y, settles down at 160ish... gets children... they mature to 150y, human from AP1  would have to be 176y old... or the human child (related to AP1 human) would be 5 generations away from him/her. (doable, but would this be the idea? or direct decendants?)

Problem would be solved, with limited race pool (all should have races of similar lifespans, or better yet, all should be same race alltogether)

EDIT: All in all, Im still intrested :)

Shouldn't really be an issue; the AP's go from 1-15, IIRC, with a jump of a few years between each. Easy enough to just say Elf-dad is off doing something else but look, his Daughter is in Korvosa when this and thsat happens, and..."

Granted it's easiest to just ignore the whole "elves are children for sixty years" thing and assume everyone matures as fast a humans (or as slow as humans, in the case of orcs...)

Roleplay Frog

See. I've recently been wanting to run a certain or another paladin concept *coughs innocently at Zaer* Which would see me interested in this whole concept, so chalk me up. Really, my only concern is the lifetime of a campaign like this, so if you can stick about, happy to party.

I dun care what gender folks are, I can molest whatever to a degree. *nodnods*

For the age discussion thingies, elves, dwarfs gnomes and lesser known races grow older and age slower, but most can have children at a young age to be equal to mid-range humans. And, worst case, a DM can install whatever houserules they choose...

Tamhansen

Yeah. We can Houserules elves to mature only slightly slower than humans. Then of course there's always half-elves. I'm thinking it might be one option for a character to be the offspring of two adventurers from the previous AP.
ons and offs

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

TheGlyphstone

Agreed that this is an exceptionally ambitious idea, and I really want to help and try to make it work, so I'll offer up interest as well. Judging by the character-relationships proposed, I doubt I'll be romancing any other PCs - my characters tend to be exclusively hetero-male, but the multi-generation adventurer party is too awesome to pass up.

Siereis

Sounds like it could be fun.  Even if you don't make it through all 3 Adventure Paths, Rise of the Runelords is quite a good choice from what I understand.  I would be in, but want to ask a few questions first:

1) Relatively how much smut content is anticipated?  Sexual content purely between characters, or included in plot, or should any smut be taken to side posts? 
2) Character generation sources?  Core classes or pull from the expanded source material?
3) Relatively how frequent of posts are you looking for to keep the story going? 

Captjoe

I've been on a bit if a pathfinder kick lately, so count me interested.

Are there any restrictions on classes? I have a bit of a fondness for Gunslinger, but I know that it can be A: Expensive. And B: A headache to introduce guns, even black powder ones.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Captjoe on September 27, 2018, 02:20:27 PM
I've been on a bit if a pathfinder kick lately, so count me interested.

Are there any restrictions on classes? I have a bit of a fondness for Gunslinger, but I know that it can be A: Expensive. And B: A headache to introduce guns, even black powder ones.

They're just expensive crossbows that occasionally blow up, no big deal IMO.

Vergil Tanner

And even if it is a big deal, the Archetype "Bolt Ace" which replaces the guns with crossbows. So there's that :P

Muse

^_^;;  May I play? 

If the healslut weren't a trap i might even pitch a male character for a change.  :P 

But in this case, I have an even better option.  The chance to apply to a game with a girl who isn't a healer.  *Grins* 

Hmm..  Dragon disciple or arcane trickster? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Dragon disciple would be nice, more so if use one newer Bowsette arts XD

Vergil Tanner

WELL I'm not sure he will be a trap just yet - people are kinda iffy about the concept, as far as I can tell - but I know that if I'm playing an Oracle I'll likely be playing an Oracle. Possibly an Aasimar? Undecided.

If I don't play a Healer, I might try a Natural Weapon Fighter Skinwalker that I've been dying to try out. Fanglord + Extra Feature + Improved Natural Attack = you just got fucked sonny. xD

HalfTime