Skyhold - A DA:I RP

Started by Primarch, January 25, 2015, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Right, so I'm looking to start a game that will revolve around the Inqusition, set primarily in Skyhold but going beyond to take part in all manner of missions, questions and escapades. The game will be set eighty years after the events of the game. There are three elements to the IC of this game.
  • Skyhold - Skyhold will be used as a persistant 'downtime' IC location. Players can have their characters just being around, taking care of business, having a few drinks. Doing whatever it is they like doing.
  • The Main Plot - There is a particular plot I have in mind, the plot will be played out across several threads, after each thread of the Main Plot is finished we will 'move up' the Skyhold thread. Think of it almost as episodic content, everything that happens in the down time thread is assumed to be happening before anyone departs for a Main Plot Mission, this way you can keep RPing there indefinitely without needing to worry about if something that happens in the Main Plot will cause a conflict. Once the Main Plot thread is done, Skyhold moves onto 'the next day' so to speak, and everyone can adapt to events of the Main Plot.
  • The War Table - While I intend to GM the game, I would be very interested in players running once off threads that give other players a situation to deal with, anything from clearing a bandit cave, hunting down a dragon or attending some event as an Ambassador of the Inquisition. Players will submit the idea for a thread to me via PM, I'll set up a 'War Table' thread occasionally, list all the potential issues for the Inqusition to deal with, players decide what they wish to chase down, then the thread is passed over to the player that submitted the idea to GM the event. This way there can be constant adventures for the Inquisition to take part in, even if for some reason I cannot update or need to go MIA for a bit. It also means there shall be different minds creating adventures, keep things fresh.
For the sake of the plot, I will define certain decisions made in the original game.
  • The Inquisitor (or the Herald of Andraste) was a female Qunari Warrior, Herah Adaar.
  • Herah disbanded the Templar Order and brought them under the Inquisition banner but would also later construct a Mages Tower in the Fortress, providing the means to train and equip both Templars & Mages of the Inqusition. 
  • During the Assault against the Grey Wardens Fortress, Warden Stroud was left behind to hold off the Demon. The Wardens later joined the Inqusition but their numbers were heavily damaged during the conflict against Corypheus.
  • During the ball at the Winter Palace, Empress Celene was saved. Herah convinced Celene & Gaspard to unite for the sake of Orlais.
  • At the Well of Sorrows, Morrigan was forced to kill the Sentinel Abelas, Herah allowed her to drink from the Well which would later provide them the knowledge to defeat Corypheus.
  • Cassandra would become the next Divine.
  • Many years later, Herah would retire from the Inquisition to spend the rest of her life with her love, Sera.
The Senechal (Spymaster): Open
The Diplomat: Reserved - la dame en noir
First Enchanter: Reserved - xSnorkleRainbow
Head Scout: Open
Liaison of Orlais: Open
Liaison of Ferelden: Open
Knight-Captain of Griffon Wing Keep: Open
Knight Captain of Caer Bronach: Open

Plus the numerous Agents and other servants of the Inquisition. The game itself will be Freeform, though I imagine as is common with DA RPs, we'll use the class/talent system to select abilities to provide a guideline to a characters areas of strength and style. 

So...are people interested? Questions, Comments, Suggestions? 

Character Template Sheet:

Player: Player name here please
Character: Character name
Origin Path: Very brief background concept to the effect of 'Human Noble' or 'Dalish Elf'

Appearance: DA:I screenshot or 'real' images please

Position: Rank/title/occupation within the Inquisition
Class: Character Class (plus specialization)
Skills: Players may use this Talent Calculator, with 20 points to spend. This page may also be helpful
Equipment: General description will suffice, in game items may also be referenced. Uniques allowed.
Mount: The noble steed your character travels about on

Favourite Gifts: What sort of gift does your character particularly enjoy? Some like maps, others like wildflowers, some favour handjobs
Hated Gifts: What sort of gift would make your character dislike someone for giving them? Some don't understand why anyone would gift a map, find wildflowers only good for burning and some get nothing out of a handjob.
Backstory: Your characters life and adventures up until this point.

Other: Any information you wish to include not detailed anywhere above. You may also place additional images of your character, please use spoiler tags if you are.
Ons: Player/Character turn-ons
Offs: Player/Character turn-offs

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]Origin Path:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img]urlhere[/img][/center]

[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Mount:[/b]

[b]Favourite Gifts:[/b]
[b]Hated Gifts:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

la dame en noir

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*supposed to be working but saw this*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANNA PLAY! D:

(would like to hold the spot for The Diplomat)
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Primarch

la dame en noir

I hope this gets big, cause this is amazing! D:
A&A | FxF |

Primarch

Updated to include Character sheet.

Juggtacular

Can I play the Inquisitor?  Pweeease?

Primarch

You can certainly reserve the Inquisitor spot, put together a decent app for our glorious leader and you even might get to play him...or her.  ;D 

Juggtacular

Quote from: Primarch on January 25, 2015, 11:04:58 AM
You can certainly reserve the Inquisitor spot, put together a decent app for our glorious leader and you even might get to play him...or her.  ;D

Alrighty. Consider it reserved.  I'm out of town right now but I get back home tonight and I'll get to work immediately.  Haven't had a scratch to my DA itch yet and I think this could be it.

Primarch

la dame en noir

And who will you be playing, Primarch?
A&A | FxF |

Primarch

Still pondering that, considering the Commander. Possibly the Knight-Captain of Griffon Wing, currently visiting Skyhold to touch base with 'Central Command' so to speak.

Yeah, I'll take our Commander.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Juggtacular

Well I hope Inquisitor and Commander can be as good friends as my Inquisitor and Cullen were.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

xPeachyPuff

I would really like a spot in this, but I haven't finished the game yet ;-;! Does that matter that much? (I don't really mind spoilers to be honest because I think I unintentionally entered the final story mission of the game when I was ready anyway...)

I'd either be up for the Spymaster or the Liaison of Orlais....Decisions, decisions....

- Rainbow ♥

Garuss Vakarian

Id be interested in being the Scout Master (head scout.) pm'ing with a few questions.

Primarch

Well this RP is set eighty years after the  game ends, so what happened back then it just notes in some history book now, this story is all ours. So you're free to take part! If you decide on which character you'd like, just say so and I'll reserve!

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on January 25, 2015, 12:58:02 PM
Id be interested in being the Scout Master (head scout.) pm'ing with a few questions.

Sure thing.

xPeachyPuff

Argh...I really can't decide lol! I think I'm gonna go with the Spymaster, if that is good. My Orlais lore is a little rusty atm to think of a good enough character for the other role. However, would it be possible for me to also have a secondary character? I'm thinking a scout or some sort of low ranking character for now. Or even someone who just tends to things at Skyhold? (Will have more of a think.)

EDIT: Scratch that. Are you going to have a group of Mages and a group of Templar's on the grounds? If so, I think I would prefer to take position as Head Mage (or something of the like) instead, since I play through all my DA games with a mage.

- Rainbow ♥

Primarch

A secondary character is absolutely fine. Will I set the Spymaster as reserved for you?

xPeachyPuff

Woops. Sorry Primarch, I edited because I didn't think you had seen it yet.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 25, 2015, 01:02:23 PM
EDIT: Scratch that. Are you going to have a group of Mages and a group of Templar's on the grounds? If so, I think I would prefer to take position as Head Mage (or something of the like) instead, since I play through all my DA games with a mage.

- Rainbow ♥

Primarch

With the background I've used, the original Inqusitor sided with the Templars in the plot, but later constructed a Mages Circle Tower. So basically, both are present. I'll add in First Enchanter of the Inquisition and reserve it for you.

Primarch

My own little WIP for now

Appearance:

Position: Commander
Class: Warrior, Reaver
Skills:
Two-Handed Warrior: Block and Slash > Flow of Battle > Pommel Strike > Guard Smasher > Earthshaking Strike (Shattered Ground)
Battlemaster: Grappling Chain (Give them the boot) > Hamstring > Deep Reserves > Warhorn (Break their Spirit)
Reaver: Ring of Pain > Blood Frenzy > Rampage > Terrifying Fury > Devour (Consume) > Dragon-Rage (Ravage)
Equipment:
Conor wields a mighty greatsword, though good for cutting down any foe he comes across the Demon Slaying rune makes it particularly ideal for the Inquisitions demonic foes. His armour of choice is a suit of Heavy Warden Armour, though being crafted from Volcanic Aurum it is of significantly higher quality than the armour worn by the Wardens that originally joined the Inquisition. The Commander wears a pair of enchanted rings, one which makes his attacks strike all the harder while the other makes his foes bleed all the more terribly. His amulet boosts his constitution, making him a hardier foe and his belt protects his from fire, he's lost enough to that already. Upon his belt he carries potions to heal his wounds, plus a handful of the more slowly working regeneration potions, lastly he carries some Antivan Fire Grenade's.

Mount: Inquisition Barded Charger

Favourite Gifts:
Hated Gifts:
Backstory:
Conor has been Inquisition as far back as he can remember. His father was the stablemaster of Caer Bronach when he was a young boy.

Other:
Ons:
Offs:

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 25, 2015, 01:24:45 PM
With the background I've used, the original Inqusitor sided with the Templars in the plot, but later constructed a Mages Circle Tower. So basically, both are present. I'll add in First Enchanter of the Inquisition and reserve it for you.

Brilliant, thank you (:

- Rainbow ♥

Lustful Bride

Tentatively Interested in Knight-Captain of Griffon Wing Keep

Willl have to think through it/ play some more Dragon Age Inquisition. >_< had it since it came out and still have so much to do in it!

How much free reign do we have on our character's backgrounds and such?

xPeachyPuff

I've started on my character and I was thinking I'd throw this idea out there to see if anyone wanted in. Basically, I was thinking my First Enchanter will be somewhat scatter brained,  clumsy,  forgetful, a little awkward and anxious despite her position and abilities/strengths. I was wondering if anyone wanted to play a Knight-Commander type, basically someone who will lead the Templars and share the duties of overlooking the makes with my character: someone to keep her in check, so to speak.

Does this sound like a good idea? Would anyone be interested in this at all? Just thought I'd throw it out there before I head off to bed :p

- Rainbow ♡