Wishful Thinking (Original Plots, Fandoms, M/M, F/F)

Started by pragmatic nightshade, July 23, 2019, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pragmatic nightshade

Table of Contents
  • Introduction
  • Ground Rules & Expectations
  • Things I have no interest in
  • Things I am looking for/Cravings
  • Original Ideas (Plots)
  • Fandom Ideas (Pairings)
  • Active Stories
  • Announcements
  • Updates

O/Os | Requests/Search | Currently tentatively looking for role plays

pragmatic nightshade

INTRODUCTION

Hello! I’m Pragmatic Nightshade or Nightshade. I’m new here, but I’ve been roleplaying for seven or eight years. My time zone for those of you who like to know that information is CST/GMT-6. Recently, I have more spare time than I'm used to due to some changes in my life and scheduling things. To fill up this spare time, I'm looking to write with a couple of people. I'm a pretty patient person, I'll talk about the role play quite a bit, I'm open to trying new things, I'm always open to hearing new ideas, and I'm awful at making introductions that focus on myself.

I’m primarily looking for long term writing partners. If you happen to be interested, please send me a private message. Do not post here.

You can find my O/Os here. You can also reference “my roleplay preferences” for things not fully discussed/mentioned in the O/Os thread.

pragmatic nightshade

GROUND RULES & EXPECTATIONS

• I prefer characters to be at least twenty years old and have depth to them.
  • I only write gay/queer romance, which translates to M/M and F/F pairings.
  • I will write over forums, Discord, and maybe Google Docs.
  • I prefer to talk on Discord, so I will give you my username once we’ve decided on what we’re going to do.
  • Please come with an idea (or more), either one of the ones I’ve listed below or one of your own. Give me details and information.
  • If you would like to do one of the original plots I have listed, I’d love it if you had a twist on the idea or some input. It’s not something I’m going to demand, but it makes me more interested.
  • Paragraph form in third-person.
  • If we use labels here, I am looking for someone who is lit. to adv. lit. I’m fine with there being some mistakes here and there, but if they overshadow your writing then I will lose interest.
  • I can respond within a couple of hours to a week. I’ll let you know if I need more time or if something has come up. I’m pretty patient with replies so long as we chat here and there. Let me know if it’s going to take you longer than expected to respond.
  • For character references, I will use real-life, drawn, or realistic art references. I will not touch anything in the anime art style.
  • For fandom pairings, I am only doing OC/OC at this time.

A note on smut/sex scenes: I prefer plot to sexual scenes as that’s what I am most used to. I am happy to write out sexual scenes, but I would say I fall more into the “light” category right now. I am willing to try new things, but understand that I prefer more story than smut. At the lowest, 50/50.

pragmatic nightshade

THINGS I HAVE NO INTEREST IN

• Anime/Manga. Anime/manga art styles and character references. Anime/manga based ideas.
  • Incest. Step-siblings. Furries/Anthros.
  • Exes. Cheating. Love triangles. Soulmates (there may be exceptions).
  • Male pregnancy and pregnancy in general. Omegaverse. Master/slave or pet.
  • Flat, two-dimensional characters. If you describe them as their role in the bedroom and nothing more, I won’t find them interesting. I need character depth.
  • Stalkers. Serial killers. Stockholm syndrome. Kidnapping. Rape. Non-con.
  • Major character death.

pragmatic nightshade

THINGS I'M LOOKING FOR/CRAVINGS

• Pretty much anything with demons is a win right now. I will honestly say that I prefer to play against a demon character, but I will play the demon character if I like the idea.
  • Anything to do with Dragon Age, Skyrim, or Oblivion.
  • I’m up for hearing new ideas. I do like a lot of other themes and genres that aren’t on this thread.

pragmatic nightshade

ORIGINAL IDEAS

DEMONS ARE A PERSON’S BEST FRIEND
A warlock/mage/witch/etc. summons a demon from an ancient book after their former mentor has turned on them, revealing that all they wanted was to take their pupils power for their own once they showed they had developed enough. Although they had been able to fend off their mentor -- who has run off -- they need help to deal with them and keep themselves safe. So, what’s better at fighting magic than a powerful demon?

IT’S ALL FUN AND GAMES...
The occult has always been something of a taboo and dark interest to people. When you’re in college or just in your early twenties you end up doing a lot of stupid things. This particular young person doesn’t believe in the supernatural or that the occult can even do magic. It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus, right? They decide to take this old book they found at a strange occult-like antique store to a rundown house out in the middle of (almost) nowhere that’s said to be haunted. There’s no better place to try to mess around with this stuff. They set up a summoning ritual and do everything that they’re meant to, but nothing happens. They feel they’ve proven that this stuff isn’t real until the demon that they called upon shows up, asking what they want and what they’re willing to give in exchange.

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY
Character AA and character BB have known each other for a couple of years. They’re both hunters of the supernatural and often cross paths. They don’t exactly get along due to a stupid rivalry that started back when they first met. But when one job turns out to be more than AA can handle on their own they reach out to the only other hunter in the area -- BB.

I AIN’T AFRAID OF NO GHOST
Ghosts are real or at least they are to some people. AA and BB are members of a small supernatural hunting group that primarily focus on finding evidence that ghosts exist. But there’s the catch -- not everyone on the team is a believer. AA is a believer and BB is a skeptic. As the teams' videos start to grow in popularity, the leader of the group realizes that AA and BB work best together because they offer the most entertainment value. The team doesn’t take what they do too seriously and like to pull pranks on each other during investigations. So as the group is being watched to be signed on for an actual show, AA and BB are forced to work together more often despite their differences. (We can change this to be set in a modern fantasy-like setting where the characters stumble into something during one investigation that’s more than they bargained for.)

SILVER BULLET
Supernatural creatures are known in the world, but not very widely. Those in high government positions know that not every person that walks the earth is human. A recent issue has arisen in a major city: a feud between two very old and very respected families. None of them are human and the families have criminal ties to the criminal underground of the supernatural. An FBI agent has been sent to figure out how to contain the war being waged between these two families before it gets out of hand. (FBI agent, hunter, whatever really.)

PROPHECIES SUCK
Long ago a dying prophet foretold of the end of the world. He said that the countries would be consumed by a great darkness that the people of the world had no hope of defeating. Two days later something seems to change and the prophet said that they had one hope. Two (or more) people would help them in their time of need for different reasons. They would rise and help push back the threat until each country was able to make a strong enough army to help defeat this evil. When asked how they would know who their heroes would be, the prophet said that “they would be kissed by stardust.” No one had the chance to ask him what he meant by this before he died. A century has passed and the prophecy is thought to be no more than a legend until the people of the world are threatened by a force they do not currently have the power to face and the heroes prophesied to help appear in the most unlikely of places.

GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME
Video games are awesome! They can help you unwind, they can connect you with friends and strangers, they can tell you a story that you almost get to live through: all in all, they’re a fun experience. At least they’re fun up until you’re forced into the game you were just playing. This could be an MMO or a single-player game. The characters in the game could become sentient and act like everything is perfectly normal. For this, we can have the person playing the game teamed up with a character from the game, or two or more people that got pulled into the game during a freak power surge. The goal: find a way out… maybe.

QUIT DRAGON ME AROUND
Dragons have been known as fierce, majestic creatures that can live for hundreds of years. They had also been known to raze settlements to the ground, eat anything they please, and hoard treasures. One particular dragon has become a problem as of late and needs to be dealt with. The king sends a champion off to do battle with a dragon and hopefully return successful. Before the champion can leave the capital, a wizard approaches them and offers to pay them handsomely if they test out their latest invention on this dragon. It’s a binding spell and charm meant to turn the dragon into human and render them powerless. The champion agrees and when they face the dragon, they use this invention before the dragon can kill them. The binding spell and charm do indeed work, forcing the dragon into a (or their) human form and limiting their powers. But the binding backfires in a way the wizard never explained could happen. Now the two must venture forth to track down the man that doomed them.

UNDERCOVER LOVER
Character AA has a very successful criminal outfit. They have something of a small army at their beck and call, have gained a great deal of wealth that they cover up as coming from the business they were left in charge of thanks to their late father, and they can make just about anyone disappear. AA has been very careful to cover their tracks, which means the police can’t take them down because they lack any kind io proof to do so with. Character BB is an FBI agent being sent undercover to infiltrate AA’s outfit. BB has been successful within the last few years and has moved up the ranks, quickly proving to be a very valuable asset. Now AA has taken an interest in this recent addition and plans to move BB up to work with them, giving BB the opportunity their enemy.

A SHOULDER TO LEAN ON
AA is a pillar of the community of a small town. They're known for their good deeds, volunteer work, and generally trying to make the town a better place. It is expected this year that AA will run for mayor and win. But AA isn't exactly a saint. After getting some trouble, AA turned and sought out the wrong kind of help. Now they are faced with threats to their life and even their loved ones. BB is known around the town to be a "bad person." They've done jail time, they've made some less than savory connections, and most people avoid BB unless they're from the bar off the highway. Knowing they have no one to turn to without ruining their reputation, AA goes to BB for help and BB accepts. (This can be more slice-of-life dealing with some intense debt collector types or a gang/mob/mafia. Alternatively, it could be given a supernatural twist in which AA went to a witch or warlock or demon for help and now they're basically SOL.)

DEADBEAT
AA is dead. Well, technically AA was dead for a solid fifteen minutes making them almost dead. The only person who knows that AA died is BB, the necromancer and creator of the creature who killed AA before BB brought them back to life. AA was... is a cop. They had been tracking down the criminal behind a string of murders that didn't have much of a connection. BB is a necromancer among other things who is at fault for the string of murders because they created the "monster" that killed those people. Now BB is asking AA to help them track down and subdue their creation before it tears hell across the state.

ISN'T CAMP SUPPOSE TO BE FUN?
Camp Minnehaha closed down for two years after three hikers disappeared in the woods the camp is surrounded. None of the hikers were ever found and the search lasted half the year. The owner of the camp decided to shut it down because they were concerned that something could happen to anyone at the camp. Camp Minnehaha is officially opening up again, much to everyone's delight. Camp hasn't started yet, but all the employees have started to funnel in to clean up the buildings and set things up. Most of the workers are college students and adults that previously attended the camp or have worked with the camp for many years. As the group is setting up for the summer, they're noticing some strange things happening around the camp that no one can explain.

This plot can be used for two main characters or more. It's meant to be supernatural with some scary shit that happens, but we can also change it to be a camp for the supernatural trying to hide its secret from the locals or whatever really.

pragmatic nightshade

FANDOMS

Elder Scrolls (Skyrim and Oblivion)
pairings
dragonborn/jarl, dragonborn/mercenary, former forsworn/anyone, dragonborn/anyone, new werewolf or vampire/the person trying to help them, imperial soldier/stormcloak soldier, higher ranking solider/lower ranking or solider working under them, college mage/anyone, researcher/hired guard, assassin/thief, guard/thief

researcher (mage)/the person that always visits them, mage/anyone, imperial guard captain/thief, count(ess) of a city/anyone, blackwood company member/fighters guild member, mage trying to get into the university/chapter head of one of the cities

Dragon Age (Origins, II, Inquisition)
pairings
crow assassin/target or unlikely traveling companion; escaped circle mage/templar, or mage or dalish elf from a clan that took them in or whoever; runaway tevinter mage/ship captain; grey warden commander/seneschal helping them (think awakening from origins) or another warden or unlikely traveling companion or anyone really; royal dwarf/second (could be casteless); redoing any of the games

Legend of Zelda
ideas
I've recently gotten back into this series. I've only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so far.

I didn't grow up with these games sadly, so I don't have personal access to the older games and I don't know the lore as well as some people might. I have watched playthroughs of Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, and Link's Awakening. I am willing to look information up.

I have more of a preference towards doing OCs set in Hyrule based on either of the two games I have played. We can take bits and pieces from the other games to make up a plot or make up our own. If you want to do gay reincarnations of Link and Zelda that's fine, but I'd prefer if they were both heroes running around together rather than one needed to be saved or chased after. Otherwise, I'm down with still taking pieces of games to make a story or making our own, but with two heroes destined to save Hyrule from unspeakable darkness.

World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons
ideas
I played WoW for about a year. I've only looked up DnD information for a couple of past role plays, but I've never actually played before. I'm willing to do things set within either of these worlds or based on them. Just be patient with me as I learn things.

Mass Effect (1-3)
Jurassic Park
Charmed
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

pragmatic nightshade

ACTIVE STORIES

Title   Partner   Location   Status   Info

Story Name   Writing Partner   Link to Story   Status   Info

pragmatic nightshade

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements will go here when I have anything to announce.

pragmatic nightshade

UPDATES

July 23, 2019: This whole thing was made and opened up for use.