Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air( NON-CON, still recruiting!!!)

Started by bubby, May 07, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

Here's my character. Let me know if anything needs changing.

Name: Conner
Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Rebellion/Swordsman
History: Drake was born in a small village. His father was a blacksmith, which caused Drake to develop a fascination with bladed weapons early on in his life. When he was about seven years old, his father was accused of providing weapons to the rebellion. As a result, his father, mother, older brother and sister were publicly executed. The only reason that Drake wasn't killed himself is that he was off playing in the woods at the time. A rebel spy took pity on Drake and took him in.

From that day onward, Drake swore he would do anything he could to help the rebellion overthrow the Queen. Though he knows that nothing he does can bring his family back, he won't rest until they have been avenged.
Strengths: Since he was brought up by a spy, he learned the importance of stealth. While able to use a variety of weapons, his personal favorite is twin short swords. His fighting style is all about speed, overwhelming his opponent with multiple quick strikes while outmaneuvering them. He's also a pretty good tactician who can use his surroundings to his advantage and spot weaknesses in his enemies.
Weaknesses: When his tactics start to fail he, he becomes quickly frustrated and angry. This usually leads to him becoming sloppy and making bad decisions.

bubby

Demi

In the process of making a sheet for Air - I'll have it up in the next day or so. :-)
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

bubby

Sounds good Demi, like I said, no huge rush.

Again gang, if you know of anyone you currently write with in other games that might be interested in this one, direct them here! We still have some slots that need filled!

Lady Lunarius

Currently messaging about a mentor position or general position. ^_^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

TheHangedOne

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to play, bubby. I can't come up with a character idea.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfy

Name: Sam McKnight
Physical Description:
Affiliation/Title: Brawler/Earth Elemental.
History:
Born in a small fishing village on the outskirts of the kingdom, Sam grew up in relative peace with his parents, living with Mom and Dad as he grew up and learned about the world, language, and their trade, which was, of course, fishing. Learning how to fish came naturally to him, but it was learning how to swim that gave him trouble. Sam nearly drowned twice at the age of 10 while trying to swim, though luckily he was saved both times by his father, who continued to teach him despite these small set backs. Eventually, Sam learned how to swim extremely well, which made him even more proficient at his trade. Sam was also taught how to fight by his father, becoming adept at using his fists to do his talking, if it was needed.

Sam's village was quite a poor one, but they managed to scrape by together, drawing close as a community to strengthen each other under the rule of the evil queen, as well as staying out of conflict with the rebellion. This proved to be too hopeful, however, as the Queen's men came demanding more tributes for her Majesty, as well as demanding room and board. Unable to refuse the Queen's men on penalty of death, they were allowed to stay in the village, where Sam witnessed first hand their evil deeds, raping and plllaging everything in the village that they could get their hands on, and the Townsfolk couldn't lay a hand on them.

The next morning, there was an attack on the village as the Queen's men slept. Sam was away in the river at the time, but he could see the smoke, and hear the screams, as well as being able to see the rebellion's colors in the distance. The Queen's men were being attacked by the rebel army, but so too were the villagers, who were thought to be allied with the Queen, and were forced to fight because of her men. Sam watched, at the age of 17, as his family was killed along with the rest of his village, and quickly ran away and hid until they had gone. Now approaching 18, he is moving to pick up the pieces and try to start a new life, unaware that the awakening of his elemental powers will push him directly into the conflict..as well as directly into the arms of both the Queen, and the Rebel army itself. two factions that he detests for what they've done.
Strengths: Strong Swimmer, Strong Fighter, Sam is an athletic young man who is as adept at using his tongue as he is with his fists, able to talk the talk and walk the walk, as it were. Most times he isn't one to back down from a fight, or even leave a fight go unfinished. He knows how to fish, as well as how to cook, for the most part, and has a strong connection to the earth, as well as being nimble and flexible.
Weaknesses: While Sam is one to nearly never back down from a fight, he also has a tendency to get into fights that he has no hope of winning, much to the annoyance of those who would prefer him alive. Being a fisherman by trade, he knows how to fish, but that's about it, as far as catching food goes. He can catch plenty of fish, but snaring an animal or knowing what kind of berries to eat and not eat is something that falls outside of what he can handle. He is also quite reckless, doing anything to win a fight, even if it means letting himself get wounded to get the upper hand.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Demi

Name: Chenoa Enovay

Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Air / Beloved Daughter & Lady

History: Chenoa has known nothing but the life of a wealthy maiden. Her father, Arturo, is a bannerman to an overlord; wealthy, well known and respected amongst his fellow rulers. He treats his daughter like a princess, constantly doting on her and awarding her anything she desires. Private governesses, riding instructors, seamstresses, and ladies in waiting cater to her without question.

As Chenoa has never been forced to take anything seriously, she rarely does. Most of life is no more than a game to her, naïve as she is. She does not understand the toils of war, nor does she comprehend that there is something more to life than wearing pretty dresses and picking flowers in the garden.

Mirabelle is the name of Chenoa’s mother, though she may as well not have one. Mirabelle has hardly spoken to her daughter since the day she was born, disgusted by the fact that such a tiny thing could destroy her once glorious feminine figure. Chenoa, on a daily basis, pretends that her mother died in a riding accident and that Mirabelle is a wicked stepmother, like the fairytales her father read to her as a child.

Strengths: Chenoa adapts easily to tricky situations and is highly intelligent, thus allowing for swift learning. When presented with a problem, she is quick to get to the bottom of it and pitches forward solutions with ease. Adept at concealing her feelings when the situation calls for it, she is rarely a ‘heart on my sleeve’ type of woman. She is often presumed as weaker than she is, leaving her the advantage more times than not. Her well-trained wit manages to pull her free of many could-be-compromising situations. Chenoa, though the spoiled daughter of a wealthy lord, is incredibly humble and hardly boasts, instead preferring to don others with compliments as she deems fit.

Weaknesses: Chenoa’s “flight” rather than “fight” attitude often leaves her dumbfounded and shaking. She has difficulty making commitments, as she’s truly never been asked to do much of anything. Her frame is petite and willowy, therefore she is nearly helpless in hand-to-hand combat, allowing any man (or well-built woman) to overpower her with ease. She hardly takes things seriously, of the mind that her life is similar to her favorite childhood stories, which leaves her blind to dangerous situations more times than not. A true dreamer, her head is constantly in the clouds.
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 11, 2012, 06:46:20 PM
Currently messaging about a mentor position or general position. ^_^

Responded!

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 11, 2012, 06:50:25 PM
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to play, bubby. I can't come up with a character idea.

D'aww..ok hun. I understand! *Hugs* Take care!

Wolfy and Demi, great chars!

It's currently 12:30 Friday night, I just got off work from a hellish work week. I'm off to bed for the night, but I'll be around this weekend and  will make sure to make my own char sheet, and I'll be around to answer questions, and poke people to make sheets as well.

If LadyLuna accepts the role of Earth mentor, that leaves only needing Air and Water. I'm also not adverse to having people take on 2 chars, if there is an interest?

Lady Lunarius

After talking with you, I'll choose the Earth Mentor. Working on the sheet tonight after work. <3 Lots of loooove!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

minerva7790

Eeps, I've been meaning to make my character sheet for ages, but I always end up too busy. Tonight for sure!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Wolfy

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2012, 06:14:40 AM
After talking with you, I'll choose the Earth Mentor. Working on the sheet tonight after work. <3 Lots of loooove!

Shall there be a little "Hot for Teacher" going on?...xD

MagicalPen

I could be interested in either the Air Mentor or Rebel General role.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 12:09:51 PM
I could be interested in either the Air Mentor or Rebel General role.

*Pounces the Pen and adores!!!!*

YES! Whichever one you'd like darlin'!

And Earth Mentor it is Luna...I'll put you on the list!

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Actually both... but if I had to pick I'd say Rebel General right now...

Question for all of you. Shall I make our game into just one main thread, where we make sure and add tags as to 'where' your chars are etc., or shall I make separate ones for each location?

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JDrew Spider

The world is composed of four different realms right? Plus the queens castle or whatnot?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 01:01:43 PM
I am assuming we're going with a Medieval Flavor for this game?

Totally Medieval darlin'.

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 12, 2012, 01:04:55 PM
The world is composed of four different realms right? Plus the queens castle or whatnot?

Exactly correct.

MagicalPen

Name: Konrad Roht
Physical Description: See Picture
Affiliation/Title: Rebellion Leader
History: Sir Konrad Roht is a name familiar in all the lands. He had once been the Queens Champion, perhaps the greatest Soldier among all her Legions. He was the most skilled of tacticians, the most skilled of swordsmen. He had been Knighted by the Queen and made a General. He was loyal to a fault but even the most honorable, the most loyal, of subjects had his breaking point. The Razing of the Village of Svastpool had been his breaking point.

It had occurred during the first murmurings of Rebellion, the Queens Paranoia growing. 'Rebels' had been located in the Svastpool but the Villagers denied such a fact. They refused to hand over the supposed rebels. In response, the entire village had been wiped out, everyone killed. But this wasn't what had broken Konrad. No, it was the individuals that had been killed. His mother. His father. His sister and her husband. His 4 year old nephew. This is what had broken Konrad. He had been born and raised in Svastpool and now it was gone along with the only family he had ever had.

When word had reached him of this betrayal, he had ridden with his most trusted and closest soldiers to the village to see for himself. The anger, the rage, the grief that boiled up inside of him at what he found - there were no words for it. From that moment on-wards he had thrown his allegiances aside and turned Rebel. He took to ground. He began to assemble an army, a network of spies. He established himself as the Rebellions Leader. Who better to lead it then him?

Strengths: Combat and Tactics, Leadership and Command,

Weaknesses: Burning desire for Revenge, inability to trust in many outside of his close circle.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 12, 2012, 01:24:30 PM
I took some liberties with his background.

OoOoOoOOO...I LIKE him! Once loyal to the Queen...AWESOME... I can see some -wonderful- story/battles between Konrad and JDrew's Kahlel!

*Squees!*

This is turning out wonderful! I'm gaining AWESOME talent, and humbled for it! I'll be working for sure on making up game threads today... hands on the one main thread or separate threads!