Brave New World (a Post-Skyrim game) [1 female spot open]

Started by Wargtass, August 25, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelicBlade

Quote from: Question Mark on August 30, 2012, 10:03:01 PM
My character certainly has an axe to grind with the Thalmor.  I hope they're included!
Agreed Damned Thalmor

InvertedAgony

Quote from: AngelicBlade on August 30, 2012, 11:44:51 PM
Agreed Damned Thalmor

Ha-ha! Oh if the Thalmor are in this so much is gonna go down all over Skyrim (more than before, of course) XD

Wargtass

Tss, the Thalmor, why would they be in this campaign, they are our friends, remember?  ::)

It seems we are up for the kicks, just got a few more details to throw around before I post the beginning post. For instance, what category would you think best for the story?
O/O

Question Mark

Since the emphasis seems to be on action, exploration, and possibly romance, I'd suggest Light: Exotic (to accommodate Argonians/Khajitt/Orcs).

InvertedAgony

Quote from: Question Mark on August 31, 2012, 01:25:36 AM
Since the emphasis seems to be on action, exploration, and possibly romance, I'd suggest Light: Exotic (to accommodate Argonians/Khajitt/Orcs).

I motion that suggestion

(Even though I personally would throw it in the utmost highest classification on E just because then I know I'd have all bases covered should something posted break any rules -- like if a post is taken to be something more than allowed in Light)

Also, with you being a GM Warg, you'd have final say in this even if we all come to a consensus (yes, I totally used that word xD it's a full moon ._.)

~Cannot wait to get the RP rolling~ I love new experiences ^~^

sweets

Well Ash is kind of slightly cannibalistic, if that comes up it could put the game in the more extreme category. I could always gloss over any people eating though.

DeviantMunster

Quote from: sweets on August 31, 2012, 02:22:52 AM
Well Ash is kind of slightly cannibalistic, if that comes up it could put the game in the more extreme category. I could always gloss over any people eating though.
She must be part of a reclusive cannibal cult.

Dawnguard jokes ahoy!

DeviantMunster

Somehow I imagined the Blades to be more melee oriented! Soooo many thieves!
I'm loving the single crafting ability for each character. We've got the full list: Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting
But we've definitely doubled up on Speech and a -lot- of sneak, archery, and one-handed weaponry! *pouts*

I believe I'll go ahead and switch to Mage instead due to this!

Wargtass

We have three Warrior types. (Rold, Blind-Eye, Alise)

We have four Thief types. (Eariyn, Khajier, Ash, Sollys)

One borderline Warrior/Thief. (Khaled)

Clearly a gap where the Mage type should be, as Dev pointed out. Question is if anyone is willing to change or if perhaps I should let in a 9th player willing to be the Mage type. I feel it is counter-productive to let another Warrior go to fill up that gap. If a Thief would be willing it would be better for balance, otherwise I'll just try to lure another player in.
O/O

DeviantMunster

*waves hand erratically* I got it. Someone else can go warrior/thief/thing. I totally got this.
*puts on serious glasses*

Wargtass

O/O

DeviantMunster

Well... there we have it I suppose! Not entirely sure how many spells there should or shouldn't be. Hmm.

sweets

Quote from: DeviantMunster on August 31, 2012, 03:44:13 AM
She must be part of a reclusive cannibal cult.

Dawnguard jokes ahoy!

Naw, the Bosmer just have the Green pact.

Question Mark

My two "original" Dragonborns were 1.) A conjurer/destruction mage who had fled from Cyrodill, and 2.) A supernaturally good bowman who had a serious case of kleptomania, and ended up leading the Thieves Guild.  I never really explored the third branch, "in-yo-face-bashing," so I decided to go that route with Rold.

Also Deviant, the original Blades may very well have been a group of sword-wielding, heavily-armored badasses.  Most of this group are descendants of the Blades.  Perhaps the Blades being disbanded inclined them towards a life of secrecy and roguishness?

Although we do have a lot of vampires/werewolves/immortals walking around, which I love.  The look on Rold's face when he finds out...

AngelicBlade

If you'd like I could change Shadow to be more of half mage. And shadow isn't really good at sneaking around, she's more of a warrior type person. Nocturnal mainly used her for retrieving her artifacts or training nightingales so she's mainly a warrior in light armor.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Wargtass on August 31, 2012, 04:45:01 AM
We have three Warrior types. (Rold, Blind-Eye, Alise)

We have four Thief types. (Eariyn, Khajier, Ash, Sollys)

One borderline Warrior/Thief. (Khaled)

Clearly a gap where the Mage type should be, as Dev pointed out. Question is if anyone is willing to change or if perhaps I should let in a 9th player willing to be the Mage type. I feel it is counter-productive to let another Warrior go to fill up that gap. If a Thief would be willing it would be better for balance, otherwise I'll just try to lure another player in.

Need someone who can make a magical nuke? ^_^

Laughing Hyena

Name: Azarel
Race: Dunmer
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 163 lb
Appearance: This Dunmer stands with a kind of pale ash complexion and his hair is a contrast of jet black. The most striking thing about the Dunmer and him included are his blood red eyes. He prefers tow ear fine clothes as opposed to armor. His clothes consisting of a long robe of dark silks with red-brown fur laced into the arms and the chest. There is a hood he can draw up in case he needs to withstand the chill of Skyrim but beyond that there is little else. He carries a decent sword upon his back strapped tight by means of a leather strap. Upon his waist is a decent looking belt with possibly silver buckles holding it in place along with a fine looking belt pouch. Most onlookers would see him constantly in deep thought though to others who have been around the Dark Elf, he has acute awareness of his surroundings.
Sexual orientation: Straight

Back story: Originally Azarel was a practicioner of magic in the Mages Guild of Vivec City and was from Morrowind. Patient in his studies he devoted himself to learning all he could of magic. He left it quickly enough heading for Tamriel. He had thought to settle in Tamriel and become a member of their Mages Guild and for a while he was happy with that but then the war with the Thalmor came. Rather then stick around he headed for Skyrim's colder territories in order to avoid the war. Making his home in one of the remaining Hamlets of Winterhold he soon came to regret his choice with the paranoia of the Nords and their views of magic. It wasn't without merit as the The Great Collapse devastated Winterhold to a mere shell of its former self and since the Mage's Guild was in need of new members after the event and fearing a lynching by the Nords, he joined the Mage's Guild of Skyrim located in the College of Winterhold.

During this time he involved himself further with his studies but after a while he grew bored and began his own personal adventures. Of which he will often refrain from talking about. But the latest adventure and endeavor he ever took part in was during the Dragon's return to the world. The endeavor in question was to defend his home from Thalmor Influence. When the mage Ancano made his appearance Azarel had his suspicions of course and took part in the events surrounding The Eye of Magnus. In truth he was the one who stopped Ancano from completing his mad ambitions of power by means of the Staff of Magnus. His magic and wits proved themselves superior. It was his first and last act as Archmage of the College of Winterhold as he had no such desire for a position. It interferes with his own studies as he claimed and went back into his own research.

During this same event he encountered whom he appointed in his stead the new Archmage, Aranea Ienith the priestess of Azura. It was through his endeavors that the Star was restored and when she had no more purpose in her endeavors, he took her along during his journey surrounding the Eye of Magnus. Upon their conclusion after finishing off Ancano, Azarel made the choice to give the priestess of Azura a new purpose which was to become the next Archmage. She would appreciate the title and the purpose more then him and treat it with more attention to boot.

Satisfied that he had reach the status quo, fate eventually conspired that he be appointed ironically by the new Archmage stating that "Blind Eye" specifically asked for Azarel by name. Cursing his ill luck Azarel reluctantly agreed to this task. The reason why "Blind Eye" sought him was that during the Oblivion Crisis, his grandfather was a Blade who lost his life during those times.

Major Skills
1: Destruction
2: Restoration
3: Alteration
4: One-Handed

Minor Skills
1: Conjuration
2: Enchanting
3: Block

Equipment and & Magic
1: Skyforge Steel Sword
2: Staff of Firebolts (37/50 charges remain)
3: Enchanted Robes (Expert Destruction and Regenerate Magicka)

AngelicBlade

Laughing Hyena

Sorry. Seriously, did I steal your thunder or such?  :'(

AngelicBlade

No, this way I don't have to change around shadow and a bit of her back round.

Laughing Hyena

Well thats good news. Im amazed no one from the brotherhood is in this game nor formerly of the brotherhood.

AngelicBlade

Yeah I was kinda thinking that as well, but I can officially say, Shadow's the oldest person in out group!  ;D

Laughing Hyena

How old is she? Two Hundred and Forty Seven eh? Im not sure but I think the mage has ya beat.

AngelicBlade

Well my character's a human, you're an elf. ._.

Laughing Hyena

Oh well by that perspective yeah she would be the oldest.