News:

Main Menu

Computer Question

Started by Serephino, December 06, 2009, 09:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

I'm having a bit of a problem with the game Dragon Age Origins.  It randomly gets really slow and jerky on me.  It does this in large areas.  We can't figure out the problem.

My box just had a major upgrade.  My Christmas present was a brand new video card, Windows 7, and a ram upgrade so I now have 7 G's I think.  I have a 3.1 dual core processor, which I'm told is good.  We think it might be my CD rom, but that isn't that old.  It was new and really good when we bought it, which was like 2 years ago.  I couldn't tell you the speed off hand, but it plays and burns DVD's, so it isn't really old or anything. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?  It really drives me crazy when I'm trying to explore ruins or caves, and get ambushed, and it takes 5 minutes to move a few feet away to hit whats hitting me.  According to my boyfriend he upgraded my box so it was better than his, and his plays it just fine.

Oh, and I even tried turning the graphics and stuff down.  It didn't help.  It's run fine for me with everything turned up, and been really bad with everything turned down.  That doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Lystia

Don't know if this will help, but there is a 1.01 and 1.02 patch available for that game.  One of them apparently fixes some video cardcompatibility issues.  I had some issues with the graphics locking up when I first got the game.  I have an ATI 4870, and I've had no problems since I've installed the patches and updated the video card drivers.

Serephino

I'll try that, thanks.  They only had patch 1.02 available, but hopefully that fixes it.