Interest Check: Exalted 2.5 (NC:H, LBGTQA Friendly, All Genders Welcome)

Started by hellrazoromega, July 22, 2015, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 24, 2015, 05:19:25 PM
So I am thinking of having the bond allow some limited sharing of Mote (with a surcharge of course), or granting a small shared Essence pool. Another idea is allowing the Animas of a Pair to combine and affect both Bondmates I am still pondering and open to ideas on this.

There's a Sidereal charm which does this and then some, minus the Anima sharing, and it only affects the Sidereal plus one other person but gives a good base to work off of:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
LOVER'S OATH
Cost: 20m, 1wp; Mins: Linguistics 5, Essence 4;
Type: Simple
Keywords: Prayer Strip, Fate
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Blue Vervain Binding, Curse of
Abandoned Words, Favorable Infl ection Procedure
This Charm links the Sidereal and another person in
bonds of fate. The two characters need not actually be wed
or even in love for the Charm to work, however. They must
merely give assent of their own free will and understand
how completely their oath shall join them. Still, the bond
is sacred in the eyes of the Maidens, so it behooves the
Sidereal not to treat it frivolously.
To sanctify the Lover's Oath, the Sidereal writes the
Scripture of the Bride on a prayer strip. She wraps the strip
around her hand and her partner's hand. As she does so,
she recites an oath in Old Realm and makes the proper
expenditures. Her player and her partner's player then roll
(Intelligence + Linguistics). If between them their rolls
garner fi ve successes, the oath is sanctified and recognized.
In a fl ash, the prayer strip splits and transforms into two
starmetal rings set with sapphires, one on each participant's
fi nger. (This event is Obvious, but the subsequent effects
of the Charm are not.) Thereafter, neither character can
attempt to remove her or her partner's ring. Either ring can
be destroyed, but only by using the same rules that govern
breaking an activated prayer strip.
Once the oath is joined, each character can use the other's
Essence, Willpower and even health levels as her own (as
long as her partner has them to spend). Motes drawn from
the other person count as peripheral for the character using
them. Using a partner's health levels effectively shunts damage
from one person to the other at the behest of the person
doing the shunting. The recipient has no say in the matter
(at least not where the rules are concerned). The recipient
cannot transfer a wound back, either. That is, a wound can
be transferred from one partner to the other only once. If one
partner is wounded such that he has a more severe wound
penalty than the other partner, new damage that is not
infl icted by transfer via this Charm transfers to his partner
automatically until their wound penalties equalize.

Marie Reynolds

Muse

Awesome. 

Though honestly the number of charms feels pretty low compared to the power level of the rest. 

I agree on NC Exotic System.  :) 

I'd like to play a dawn caste, then.  He'll probably be a swordsman/war leader, with focus on educating his people and improving their lot in life as well as defending them.  He'll learn Tiger WArrior Training Excercise, for example. 

Where do you want our Essence to start? 
Oh, I see. 

Are merits and flaws acceptable? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

So while I am mulling over concepts.Just curious are  Dragon blooded not in consideration for this game?

Zaer Darkwail

I think you can play DB's but only for other players and not your main char (perhaps create the henchman/ally which helps lead command rated troops for said solar/lunar pair, or let either solar or lunar run DB chars besides their own chars).

Rook Seidhr

Yeah, I was going to ask about NC:Exotic too, because kinky Lunar shenanigans~

Lockepick

So I'm going to be that guy... How is our cast being selected? Are we looking for a full Circle? Are we setting up some sort of limitation on a PC Solar:Lunar Ratio?

Is everybody who shows interest in or will you be selecting a set number of PCs? Are you only allowing one per caste?

I was going to do a Twilight Crafter like I said before, but if somebody else is also considering it, your policy will effect what I pitch, you know?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caehlim

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 24, 2015, 04:17:42 PMYou know I was thinking about putting this in NC:Human but then I thought---Oh, heck---LunarsNC: Exotic might be better---Thoughts?
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 24, 2015, 05:39:29 PMI say with lunars it should go to NC:Exotic (as lunars shapeshifting can bring in potential bestiality to create beastfolks to guard the kingdom example).

Any bestiality would be Extreme category rather than Exotic.

Lunars most of the time would just be considered human though that really depends on how you consider their tells. Exotic would only really be the case for war-form or partial change.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Rook Seidhr

Well, NC:Extreme please then. Sorry, I forget all the categories sometimes because I rarely play on the forums.

hellrazoromega, exactly which backgrounds are you allowing? Just corebook plus Arsenal, Command, Panoply, Wealth?

Caehlim

Quote from: Muse on July 24, 2015, 06:32:54 PMThough honestly the number of charms feels pretty low compared to the power level of the rest.

It seemed a bit this way to me as well, although to be honest, I have a hard time judging the power levels in Exalted. I'm happy going with whatever, but it did seem a lot lower than the established solar/lunar for the number of charms.

Caehlim

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 24, 2015, 04:17:42 PMAttributes:Lunars get to pick two favored attributes and pick two caste attributes

So this is instead of the normal three caste attributes and one favoured?

And do Lunars still get the free dot to put in a caste or favoured attribute?

Quote from: Muse on July 24, 2015, 06:32:54 PMThough honestly the number of charms feels pretty low compared to the power level of the rest.

Oh, actually this is probably because of the free excellencies.

Rook Seidhr

I am busily trying to hack Anathema 5.1.3 so it will allow character generation for this set of house rules without too much extra work.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Muse on July 24, 2015, 06:32:54 PM
Awesome.
Though honestly the number of charms feels pretty low compared to the power level of the rest. 
I agree on NC Exotic System.  :) 
I'd like to play a dawn caste, then.  He'll probably be a swordsman/war leader, with focus on educating his people and improving their lot in life as well as defending them.  He'll learn Tiger WArrior Training Excercise, for example. 
Where do you want our Essence to start? 
Oh, I see. 
Are merits and flaws acceptable?
After some consideration I am upping the Charms from 20 to 22--with the free Excellencies that should put folks at around 30. Essence is at 3 to start so with BP you can get to 5.
Still pondering Flaws and Merits.

Also I changed the Lunar Attribute thing to suit my tastes, it is in the link below, but now it is a Lunar 3 Caste Attributes and then they pick 2 favored rather than one.
Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 24, 2015, 06:38:45 PM
So while I am mulling over concepts.Just curious are  Dragon blooded not in consideration for this game?
You’d be at a heck of a disadvantage but I am open to the idea.
Quote from: lockepick on July 24, 2015, 07:51:14 PM
So I'm going to be that guy... How is our cast being selected? Are we looking for a full Circle? Are we setting up some sort of limitation on a PC Solar:Lunar Ratio?

Is everybody who shows interest in or will you be selecting a set number of PCs? Are you only allowing one per caste?

I was going to do a Twilight Crafter like I said before, but if somebody else is also considering it, your policy will effect what I pitch, you know?
I am open, we don't need to have a full Circle and right now I am open to all comers, but I want to see backgrounds and then I can decide who makes the cut. Selling me on your background and the relationship (healthy or not) that your bond forms is key. This puts non Solars/Lunars behind the eight ball a bit—but sell me, like I said I am open. I am surely open to more than one per caste.
Quote from: Riveda on July 24, 2015, 08:30:31 PM
Well, NC:Extreme please then. Sorry, I forget all the categories sometimes because I rarely play on the forums.

hellrazoromega, exactly which backgrounds are you allowing? Just corebook plus Arsenal, Command, Panoply, Wealth?
Mostly, but I am open to petitions for others.

Quote from: Caehlim on July 24, 2015, 08:24:59 PM
Any bestiality would be Extreme category rather than Exotic.

Lunars most of the time would just be considered human though that really depends on how you consider their tells. Exotic would only really be the case for war-form or partial change.
Good catch.

Character background thread—we can move all this there.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: eternaldarkness on July 24, 2015, 05:50:16 PM
There's a Sidereal charm which does this and then some, minus the Anima sharing, and it only affects the Sidereal plus one other person but gives a good base to work off of:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
LOVER'S OATH
Cost: 20m, 1wp; Mins: Linguistics 5, Essence 4;
Type: Simple
Keywords: Prayer Strip, Fate
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Blue Vervain Binding, Curse of
Abandoned Words, Favorable Infl ection Procedure
This Charm links the Sidereal and another person in
bonds of fate. The two characters need not actually be wed
or even in love for the Charm to work, however. They must
merely give assent of their own free will and understand
how completely their oath shall join them. Still, the bond
is sacred in the eyes of the Maidens, so it behooves the
Sidereal not to treat it frivolously.
To sanctify the Lover's Oath, the Sidereal writes the
Scripture of the Bride on a prayer strip. She wraps the strip
around her hand and her partner's hand. As she does so,
she recites an oath in Old Realm and makes the proper
expenditures. Her player and her partner's player then roll
(Intelligence + Linguistics). If between them their rolls
garner fi ve successes, the oath is sanctified and recognized.
In a fl ash, the prayer strip splits and transforms into two
starmetal rings set with sapphires, one on each participant's
fi nger. (This event is Obvious, but the subsequent effects
of the Charm are not.) Thereafter, neither character can
attempt to remove her or her partner's ring. Either ring can
be destroyed, but only by using the same rules that govern
breaking an activated prayer strip.
Once the oath is joined, each character can use the other's
Essence, Willpower and even health levels as her own (as
long as her partner has them to spend). Motes drawn from
the other person count as peripheral for the character using
them. Using a partner's health levels effectively shunts damage
from one person to the other at the behest of the person
doing the shunting. The recipient has no say in the matter
(at least not where the rules are concerned). The recipient
cannot transfer a wound back, either. That is, a wound can
be transferred from one partner to the other only once. If one
partner is wounded such that he has a more severe wound
penalty than the other partner, new damage that is not
infl icted by transfer via this Charm transfers to his partner
automatically until their wound penalties equalize.

I knew I had seen something like that before--we may be working with that.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 24, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
I knew I had seen something like that before--we may be working with that.

The Scroll of Errata version is even more perfect - it removed a lot of the restrictions like only targeting the Sidereal and another person.

Marie Reynolds

I am okay with not being on the same scale as the  solar's and lunars. I Would be making background ties with two others and working with them. Also I would be more confident in my character for something like this cause i know dragon blooded better then the others.

AndyZ

Locke, I've already put several hours into making Infinite Sky and would appreciate if you didn't poach.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lockepick

Quote from: AndyZ on July 24, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
Locke, I've already put several hours into making Infinite Sky and would appreciate if you didn't poach.

I'm trying not to read into the term 'poach' as being accusatory -- given that you had said before you were going Night Caste (or two other unnamed types). I had also put hours into the concept before you even mentioned Infinite Sky. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but will admit to feeling a little defensive.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

AndyZ

I understand that you didn't mean anything by it.  That's part of the reason of listing concepts before you spend hours working on them, to keep people from just suddenly showing up with an idea that's too similar to your own.

You can imagine how irritating it would be if neither of us had mentioned and we ended up coming to the table with near-identical characters.

Next time, let people know and it'll help ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Lockepick

I did list my concept. After you had listed different concepts. I did let people know. Perhaps you missed my post?

Quote from: lockepick on July 24, 2015, 08:12:29 AM
If we're starting off at some higher level of power -- I might consider a Twilight Crafter/Sorcerer -- especially given that I haven't heard anybody else say 'Twilight' or 'Sorcerer' yet.

AndyZ

So you did, okay.  Apologies, I missed it.

If you want the spot, I can just drop.

Lockepick

If you decide to drop, that's your call. I'm not asking you to drop, and that decision isn't on me.

AndyZ

Would you be interested at taking the sorc angle and I'll handle crafting?

ChaoticSky

There is no such thing as poaching. Or dibbs, or similar such childishness. Or atleased i hope not.

You should both make what you want, the ST will pick whichever is better, or both of you.

Angie

With all of the new rules, how powerful we will be, and significant changes to what he knows, I have decided I will be rebuilding Garrett from the ground up. He will be similar to this current sheet, but do note that currently, he is built for 2.5 Exalted with none of the current house rules (save for I added in all the free excellencies).

Also, locke, Andy, my two cents if anyone cares: I don't think anyone here gives a damn if you guys play characters with similar skills. Solar Exalted are meant to be supreme badasses that end up doing everything ANYWAY. As long as the personalities and playstyles are markedly different, does anyone here give an ounce of Moonsilver if you guys have similar skillsets?

EDIT: For anyone who wants to use Mythweavers, the 'new' sheets only has Exalted "1e" sheets, which lack any way of denoting favored attributes for Lunars. The 'old' sheets have an Exalted sheet that can mark it-as you can see in my Garrett example above. I'll be using the 'new' sheet as it does work for me, but a fair warning for the crowd.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!