Rediculous Arrest.

Started by Mnemaxa, February 07, 2010, 06:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Xenophile

Holyshitgoddamn.

12 year old? Erasable marker? Handcuffed?

Where the hell is the "common sense" in that?
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Sukada

Wow, thats horrible. In school i carved things in my desk, wrote on it in permanant marker,  scuffed it up, and never got in trouble, to think now there arresting 12 year olds for using erasable markers....wow

Paladin

W>>>>T>>>>F>>>????!!!!!!

This is stupid and somebody needs to be kicked off the force and out of office.

Serephino

Is there like something in the water?  Or are they smoking something, and if so, think they'll share?  I can see fining a kid or something for serious vandalism, but erasable marker?  For that detention and cleaning the desk would've fit the crime.

My boyfriend told me that when he was in high school a kindergartner came in dressed as a fireman for Halloween.  He was arrested for carrying a weapon because he had a plastic axe....   

Violence

While all of it seems downright disturbing...

I think even scarier is the mention in the article of the five year old who was cuffed and taken out of his kindergarten class.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Mnemaxa

The innocuous last paragraph is what REALLY pisses me off. 

QuoteAlexa is still suspended from her school, her mother said. She and her mom went to family court on Tuesday, where Alexa was assigned eight hours of community service, a book report and an essay on what she learned from the experience.

They took her to court for this, and she was charged and given a punishment. 

YOU WILL OBEY.
YOU WILL CONFORM.
YOU WILL FEAR AUTHORITY.

I have absolutely no doubt the charges are 'defacing school property' and will be on her record.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Paladin

She could fight it if she wishes. Its all utter bullshit anyways.

Xenophile

It was mentioned in another article that her suspension was dropped, and there where admissions that "it was a bad call".
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Albedo

Who the hell didn't write on their desk when they were in school?

DannyCottonTail

Quote from: Albedo on February 08, 2010, 02:10:56 AM
Who the hell didn't write on their desk when they were in school?

*Shyly raises his hand* Ehehe...yeah....

RubySlippers

Last time I looked at the laws defacing public property (school desk) and the like is illegal so they should get arrested.

Pumpkin Seeds

While defacing public property is indeed illegal, I seriously doubt the situation called for a little girl to be handcuffed.  The offense is not violent and unless the child was somehow a danger to herself or others, there is no need for restraints.  In truth I don’t understand why law enforcement should be involved at all.  Simply fine the parents if the defacement is that bad.  No need to arrest her, charge her and then sentence her in the manner.

That was a poor judgment call on the part of the school and the police making the arrest.  People are setting adult values and actions onto childhood activities.  Are assault charges going to be placed on boys that run by and pull the pig tails of girls?  This is no way for our society to act and behave in regard to children. 

Covert Revulsion

I used to live around that area... -cringes-

It's really pathetic that they resorted to handcuffing a girl for doodling lord knows what would happen if she had drawn all of the desk.