News:

Main Menu

New Hulk Movie

Started by King_Furby, June 11, 2008, 03:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

Who is interested in seeing the new hulk movie?

I personally am very interested in it. While i am not a hulk fanboy i do like super heros and was greatly disapointed in the other hulk movie. I think the dialogue in this new one seems more interesting.

GrinningHound

I AM a Hulk fanboy, and the last movie made me sad faced.

I would have seen at 12 AM this morning, but I waited to take my little brothers tonight.

It's gonna be aaaaawesome!  I hope....

Anyway, yes, the dialogue looks much better, as well as the choice of villain.  The Abomination is a classic Hulk nemesis, not the weird Absorbing Dad....who didn't exist in the comics at all.  There was the Absorbing Man and Banner's DEAD father.....

King_Furby

There are alot of super hero movies lately. Iron Man, Now new Hulk movie, and soon another batman movie. I really want to see a spiderman 4 too i hope they make it.

this new Hulk looks like it has way better action to.

speaking of the hulk i was watching the old series on sci-fi, they are showing a marathon. Soo fricken cheesy but actually internesting.

Kathadon

The old series had good stories to steal for superhero campaigns too. ;D

I'm glad that Marvel is tieing the films together to bring out the Avengers, I understand Tony Stark makes a cameo in the Hulk movie.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Maeven

I don't really care too much for the whole superhero thing but...

Ed Norton = <3 <3 <3

So, yeah, I'm definately going to see it. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

King_Furby

Quote from: Kathadon on June 13, 2008, 11:55:37 AM
The old series had good stories to steal for superhero campaigns too. ;D

I'm glad that Marvel is tieing the films together to bring out the Avengers, I understand Tony Stark makes a cameo in the Hulk movie.

yes i heard about their plan to make an avengers movie.

Mintychan

Quote from: Maeven on June 13, 2008, 12:48:24 PM
Ed Norton = <3 <3 <3

*squee* I totally agree. 8D
I watched the first Hulk movie... it was okay. The editing and whatnot was interesting, I hadn't seen something like that before. Nick Nolte was creepy D:
But yeah, definitely watching the new one.
I like superhero movies XD

GrinningHound

The first Hulk movies sucked.  You do not ask the person who directed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon to direct the freakin' Incredible Hulk.

Captain America is coming, too, I believe.  And Wolverine.  Cap is cool, Wolverine is lame.

Are they doing Thor?  He was an Avenger, I think.  I'd prefer an 'Ultimate' Thor....Ultimate Thor is so awesome.  He's just a regular guy who stole Norway's Super Soldier outfit and thinks that he is actually Thor.

Or is he just a normal guy?  I didn't read much of the Avengers, but where I left off there was some mystery surrounding some of his powers...

Chris Brady

The problem with the previous Hulk movie, other than over usage of a gimmick to make it look/feel comic booky, was the fact that at no time did the Hulk kill anyone.  (No, Capt. Idiot doesn't count because he brought it on himself.)  That robbed the entire film of any pathos, also they (The director/producer) took great care to show that no one died, DESPITE the BLATANT idiocy of things like throwing TANKS for several hundred miles, after SPINNING them with the force of a centrifuge.

I'm sorry, but helicopters do BAD things when you take out the tail boom, like spin REALLY fast as the main body tries to catch up with the rotors like Physics says it should.

That's what killed the movie.

This new one looks promising.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

GrinningHound

The new one was totally awesome.  Definitely more savage and violent.  No gratuitous gore, but people do die.

It goes at a nice clip and the action scenes are pretty great. ;D

The final fight is  nice, too.  It's a real classic, brutal monster brawl.  You really see that these are deranged creatures fighting, not just silly costumes.

Maeven

Oh! I'm excited, I am dragging the husband tomorrow!
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

GrinningHound

It's a fun movie.  It's nothing deep, it's not as funny as Iron Man, but it is certainly a fun, fast paced time, with a good amount of really cool stunts and scenes.

I wish they had cut out some of the romance, honestly, but one scene with the Hulk and Betty was good, to show that the Hulk is really a tender creature at heart.....who just gets really pissed, really easily. :P

Here's something I noticed, please take note of it while you watch.  I didn't even realize it until I was driving home.

Throughout the whole movie, Betty's name is ELIZABETH ROSS.  Only once at the end does the Hulk look at her and say "Betty."

Her name in the comics is Betty, why do they call her Elizabeth?  And then, why does the Hulk just up and call her Betty at the end?

Uhh....*blush*  Typing that I just realized, ElizaBETH....Betty could be the nickname.  Maybe her name in the comics IS Elizabeth.....

Erm....

chronosmaker

I actually personally can't wait to see it when I actually get around to it. The first movie was meh, but this one looks several times better. While I sadly did not read the comics and missed out on any shows, I DO know common knowledge on these superheroes/super beings(Can Hulk REALLY be a hero? I think he just smashes what he gets mad at and it coincidentally turns out to be hte bad people he gets mad at.)

I also heard, as stated by other people above, a movie on the Avengers is coming out, whether its movieS or just movie. I believe they are finally doing all the Marvel movies. The superhero movie trend probably started with Spider Man and they finalyl realized that people actually would want to keep coming back.

So yeah looking forward to seeing the new Hulk, and eventually the rest of the superheros.

I'll likely see weeks after everyone else has...so lazy...
'Who are you now? Wait, what am I supposed to be doing? Ah well, I'm sure stabbing you in the face is close enough.'-Me when waking up in the morning.

Ons and Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16570.0
(No I'm not going to make it fancy looking...)

GrinningHound

Go see it!  I love talking about this stuff.  Go see it alone if you have to!  I see movies alone all the time!

Hulk can be a hero.  He is always good intentioned, and is not stupid.  However, he often becomes a 'villain' because the other heroes keep rejecting him or trying to kill him.

He was an original Avenger, but was actually kicked out because he was so dangerous and destructive.  That, of course, made him dislike all the other heroes quite a bit.

chronosmaker

Well I'm uncomfortable in cars greatly, even more so while driving, so I don't take the risk. I can wait.

And that IS true. Guess hes just a giant green thing that is misjudged, heh.
'Who are you now? Wait, what am I supposed to be doing? Ah well, I'm sure stabbing you in the face is close enough.'-Me when waking up in the morning.

Ons and Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16570.0
(No I'm not going to make it fancy looking...)

Mathim

Well I thought Tim Roth did a superb job as the villain; he definitely stuck it to Betty's dad as a "yeah, your whole human weapons plan blew up in yo' face AGAIN!" I wonder why, though, that he could talk as the Abomination, and the Hulk could only grunt "HULK SMASH!" Hopefully Hulk will learn to talk in the next movie. And we all know who'll be the villain in the next one...there's no mistaking that guy who was trying to help him becoming The Leader in the next movie. I just wish there'd been another 'after the credits' thing, though...it seemed at the end there (before the Tony Stark cameo) that Bruce was trying to induce a Hulk transformation on purpose...methinks he's consciously doing that now in order to try and control it, since it seems like he's gradually gaining control over it.

Edward Norton did a fantastic job with this script, I really couldn't think of much I would have done differently. He deserves tons of props and praise. I just didn't think him acting was that impressive, to be honest. Everyone else was okay (though Liv Tyler did kind of over-act a bit as Betty Ross.) They should get his advice on how to punch up every other superhero movie script. What was a nice touch was him making sure that the first movie had no relevance to this one; he completely changed the history of it, so this time hardly anyone even knew he was the Hulk (Betty in particular) until about a third of the way into the movie.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sabby

I thought it was pretty obvious he now has a good measure of control over the Hulk. The last half hour made it pretty clear.

Cutter

I dig the TV series. Grew up watching every Friday night and nothing beats that ending,melancholy piano music at the end.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0