Pathfinder Recruitment Thread: Full

Started by Black Howling, July 08, 2011, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alucarddalv

I will throw my hat into the ring...I will Use an Elvish spell sword (fighter/wizard) Male
What is it to a man if he gains the world but loses his soul.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Character Might and Magic 2: Valenar

Black Howling

Added HP method. Someone pointed out that I forgot it. Hehe.

Callie Del Noire

Crovonovin

Quote from: Black Howling on July 09, 2011, 02:31:07 PM
I actually find plothooks easier to reference myself.

True, but it makes looking up the ability descriptions a bit easier for me instead of switching over to the SRD every time.  That, and I had sent you a link to the plothook sheet already.

I'm definitely excited to see what this hostile world is.  "Fish out of water" tales where the heroes are taken completely out of their element are always entertaining!

Alucarddalv

Okay so here is my Character He is almost done and should be finished before tonight.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Ixy

Working on a skillmonkey just in case it works out.

Black Howling

In case 'it' works out Ixy? Hehe, hopefully it has some of the success the other two have had. If so, then it will certainly work out well. :-)

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Black Howling

Actually no, Phantom. No one has really even finished a character sheet. All roles are still very much open. All positions are open, but we are currently lacking applicants for Melee Combat. We only have one so far. The others I have gotten more interest in.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Black Howling on July 09, 2011, 11:50:46 PM
Actually no, Phantom. No one has really even finished a character sheet. All roles are still very much open. All positions are open, but we are currently lacking applicants for Melee Combat. We only have one so far. The others I have gotten more interest in.

Push comes to shove I can tweak my Oread and let someone else take the caster role.. I get teh feeling that Onyx is in failed game #2.

But I will finish inputting stuff into Rhea after I finish recovering my accounting homework.

Black Howling

Rhea is sexy so I'd certainly hope so. ;) Though no worries on, we aren't exactly lacking interest; just not the options for it I have for the others. Or am going to have for the others, so it seems.

Tagan

Facinatingly enough, I had just decided to go primary melee, secondary skill monkey, secondary buffer, before these last few posts were made, mostly because I didn't want to play a bad Magic user, and I'm new to Pathfinder.

Here's an incomplete sheet link.
Hina

I have a complete background, but it's late, so I will post that tomorrow.

Pick the sheet apart in the meantime please... for I know not what I do...

Black Howling

Quote from: Tagan on July 10, 2011, 12:20:34 AM
Facinatingly enough, I had just decided to go primary melee, secondary skill monkey, secondary buffer, before these last few posts were made, mostly because I didn't want to play a bad Magic user, and I'm new to Pathfinder.

Here's an incomplete sheet link.
Hina

I have a complete background, but it's late, so I will post that tomorrow.

Pick the sheet apart in the meantime please... for I know not what I do...
Make the sheet public for me please. :-)

PhantomPistoleer

Picture:  http://digitalart.org/images/artwork/0039000-39367/fantasy/warrior-priest.jpg
Character Sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9027

Character History:

I imagine Ettiene to be this really pragmatic guy who just happened to become a mercenary because money was tight.  I think Ettiene was once married, but he never really liked his wife, though you'll never hear him speak ill of the dead.  The couple fell in together because there really isn't very much to do at work camps except fall in with the opposite sex, and when she got pregnant, Ettiene accepted the responsibility because people whose lives are hard seem to think that a little change can't be bad.  He hated married life, but mostly because his wife made him aware of how little he earned for all the hard work he put in at the mines.  Ettiene is descended from a long line of workers.  You know, haulers, porters and miners.  Being underground is in his blood.  But Ettiene would never say that he enjoyed it.

He really couldn't tell you how he felt when the mines shut down and workers were laid off.  He was happy that he didn't have to go back below and breathe the damp, inky air ever again.  But he was also afraid.  I want to say that he was even hopeful that something good would come along, but Ettiene is a practical fellow and he never gets his hopes up.  His wife was pregnant again and the two hoped that she would be able to carry it to term, but Ettiene knew that without any money, raising a child would be impossible.  So Ettiene joined a guard company, gave the sign-on bonus to his wife and set out to earn money by being a huge dick.  You know.  He had to do things.  Things that decent men never want to do.  But the money was good and the work was steady.  In a month, he had made a year's earnings, but his wife passed away before she could ever enjoy it.  Ettiene wasn't sad, but he did want to be a father, and I guess that really depressed him.

Ettiene spent some time traveling, getting work as a guard.  Guard work soon turned into mercenary work, which soon turned into bounty work, which then turned into spelunking work.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Alucarddalv

Valenar Bladestorm Finished so any questions please feel free to ask.

Youth (birth -75): Valenar spent his youth as the oldest son to a merchant family. His youth was filled with various activities and studies from learning to play the violin and studying, to archery and swordsmanship. His life continued to be relatively easy as his father was even teaching him how to handle money properly and prepare him to take over the family business. That all changed around his 75th birthday when there was supposedly a terrible accident involving a house fire. Val had been out at the time collecting a payment of money from a nearby town when he got the news. His whole family had been caught inside the house during the night in a terrible fire that killed them all.

Upon returning to his home he did some digging and found out that the fire had not been an accident but had been deliberately set by a rival merchant house. When he asked around to find out why no one was doing anything to this house he found out that they had all either been bribed or threatened. Over the next week he sifted through the wreckage and ashes of his life searching for anything he could find. One the last day of searching as he was about to give up he found a hole in the wall that had not been touched by fire. Upon close examination he found a cloth wrapped object inside, and slowly pulled it out. Carefully wrapped up and hidden away presumably by his father, a relic from his days as an adventurer, the young elf found a sword in ornate scabbard with his family crest on it.

He carefully wrapped the sword back up in the cloth and headed back to the inn he was staying at in town. Once he was sure he was secure in his own room he once again removed the cloth and looked upon his fathers sword. He carefully removed the adamantine elven curve blade from it's sheath and looked at the inscription upon the adamantine blade, Vlos olplyn. It appeared to be elvish but almost as if in a sub dialect that he couldn't quite place. Deciding that could wait till later he placed the sword back into it's scabbard before placing it back in the cloth. The following morning he used the last of his money to buy up supplies and head out to grow stronger to one day avenge the dishonor that had been brought upon his family.

Young Adulthood(80-100): Valenar had spent the next 20 years wandering around doing odd jobs to try and make a living. He had done everything from guard duty to stable hand, and had even spent some time as a librarian. During the five years as a librarian he began to study and play with the arts of magic. He found that he took quite easy to some of the beginner cantrips , and it was during this time that he discovered what was written on his Father's blade. The inscription Vlos olplyn was drow and it's literal translation was blood thief, and this only raised the question of why his father had a sword of apparent drow make. The entire time the young elf was doing these odd jobs he never forgot to things. The first was a person is only as good as their word and we need to stick to not only our words but our moral codes. The second thing was that anyone that tried to betray you or double cross you was fair game.

By his centennial birthday  he had managed to come across a rather gift. I old lady who had been out in the woods collecting things to sell at the market had stumbled across a rather unusual and strange egg. Feeling a rather strange pull towards the egg he asked the old lady how much she wanted for the egg. The old lady not sure how much it was worth told him she want 10g for it. Feeling this wasn't quite right Valenar gave the lady 20 platinum pieces instead, because he knew it had to be worth more and didn't feel right cheating an old lady. Her eyes had about popped out of her head at the sight of that much platinum and he had a feeling her life had just improved.

The Egg: After he had gotten the egg he carefully place it into his pack and went to do some research. after countless nights of research he finally found out what the egg was, a Pseudodragon. After finishing up research into Pseudodragons he began gathering things to help raise the newborn creature. He hoped that be being present from it's birth the dragon would become his companion in his travels. He was unaware just how much of a trouble maker Sanguine was going to be. From the day the black Pseudodragon with red wing webbing was born the catlike behavior and mischievous little pranks never stopped, and the pranks haven't always been just on Val but also with anyone he has traveled with.

Adulthood (101-134): After his companion was born and able to travel The two joined up with a mercenary company. Val knew it was a quick way to make decent money and would help him grow stronger. Plus with the news of a war in a nearby land he would be able to travel. Sadly this experience would not only harden the young elf into a somewhat dark veteran but it would also cause his moral code to shift just a bit. Val wound up working his way up from just a lowly soldier through skill hard work and battlefield promotions until he was the one running the company. It had taken 20 years of fighting before the war was finally over, and Val was able to hand the reins over to the others and sink into a bottle. He had seen and done things he would rather forget during those twenty years, so he became a bit of a drunk and a ladies man. It wasn't until Sanguine finally managed to talk some sense into him that he snapped out of the haze and nightmare.

For the next 13 years he began to hire himself out as a sell sword to anyone that would pay his fee. He would take almost any job as long as they didn't break his contract. The first part was that he would not kill women with children nor would he kill innocents. If those he was working with tried he would stop them personally. The second part was if you refused to pay you would have to deal with him and he would offer to work for your enemies for free as long as he got the money you owed him in the end. Third he never changed side in the middle of contract, but once the contract was completed or broken that was another story. He tried not to work against former allies unless they turned out to be rather evil in which case he would sometimes offer to help for a reduced fee just to teach his former employers a lesson, remember what happened to his family.

Personality: Val tends to be a bit gruff from time to time reflecting his decades of service as a mercenary. He sometimes has bouts of dark times but Sanguine usually helps snap him out of it along with playing his violin. At first he can be cold to others he works with knowing that contracts come and go and people die, but once he sees peoples skill and travels with them for a bit he begins to open up and joke around having a good ole time. He has a code of honor which he tends to follow to a tee but there have been cases where he has had to bend for his own survival and those of others. In a fight he can be a force of awe with both his sword and the spells he weaves sometimes making it look more like a dance then a fight. At the end of the day when all are gathered around the camp for the night we will offer to be the first on watch. Sometimes Sanguine gets the better of him with his pranks and he can be seen chasing the little dragon all over is a rather playful manner as he would never hurt his faithful companion

Appearance: He is 6'2" tall with pale white skin that won't seem to tan no matter the time in the sun and red eyes that glow from time to time. He has a athletic build weighting in at about 130lbs of corded well packed muscle. He has medium length unruly black hair that seems to stick out in slightly random directions. He has a scar that runs across his left eye down his cheek which he got while protecting an employer from an assassination attempt. If he was to stand in front of you with nothing but a pair of shorts on you would see numerous scars on his legs and torso with a few on his arms. These scars have come from his decades of fighting in wars and as a mercenary. He also has a small dragon tattoo on his left upper arm done in red ink.

Attire:He wears a black sleeveless top over his celestial chainmail of the twilight with long black pants that he keeps tucked into his knee high boots. He wears a long black scarf-like cloak around his neck. He also wears a pair of gloves made of black leather that go half way up his bicep with hidden wrist sheaths. He keeps Vlos olphyn stuck through his belt on his left hip. He has a bandoleer full of various items and daggers strapped across his chest from his right shoulder to his left hip. He has a nice well weathered haversack that he carries on his back as well as a quiver full of arrows and a nice ebony composite longbow slung over his shoulder. Sanguine tends to perch on his shoulders as he travels taking to the air during combat.

Does not sparkle.....

Tagan

Quote from: Black Howling on July 10, 2011, 12:21:31 AM
Make the sheet public for me please. :-)
Hmm...
Different system than Mythweavers...

Ok, done!

Ixy

BlackHowling--
If possible, can you provide any additional background info on the western region and/or Rosalia for us?  I'm not sure how much liberty we can take with creating locations, cultural aspects, etc.  Thanks!

Tagan

Character History:

Hina Dwyger was something of a disappointment to her father.  Her mother, however was proud... 

At least that was what Hina told herself, as often as possible.  She'd not seen her mother in many years.  Her mother had vanished when she was 12, in a magical portal created by one of her father's experiments.  He promised she'd be able to return... someday.  Promised she was still alive, and that Hina could even see her, if she only would apply herself more to her studies!

Hina's father was an archmage.  A powerful figure in the land, and among the planes, he'd expected his only kin to follow in his footprints... astral or otherwise.

And Hina had TRIED.  She tried and tried.  Her brain never wanted to accept magic.

Oh she'd achieved some measure of success, but always with more time and effort than her father would admit were necessary.

So, one day, Hina had just... left.  Her grandmother was visiting... and had never seen eye to eye with her father.  She came from a long line of warriors, and while her warrior daughter had married this spell slinger, she thought he was far to pompous for his own good.  And then he loses her daughter, gods only know where!  Promises....

His daughter... her Grandaughter, came running up to her, begging to leave with her as she began her long journey home.

She laughed.  Why not?

Hina had been something of a disappointment at first to her Grandmother as well.  Besides a tendancy to dance, the girl had no physical skills worth mentioning.

But she was eager.  Ever so eager!

Hina remembered her lessons, and each and every lesson with the others her grandmother had traded with for her training, very well.  Painfully well.  Each bruise and scar were a reminder NOT to stand that way again.  NOT to block that way, and NOT to dodge left when the sword swung in an arc right...

Now she was on her pilgrimage.  Her grandmother told her her training could not be complete until she honed hr skills in the world outside... and Hina felt ready.  She wanted to start using her skill to help people, like in her books.  The books her mother had read to her.

And maybe, someday, she'd be sure her mother was proud of her.

Black Howling

Quote from: Ixy on July 10, 2011, 08:23:13 AM
BlackHowling--
If possible, can you provide any additional background info on the western region and/or Rosalia for us?  I'm not sure how much liberty we can take with creating locations, cultural aspects, etc.  Thanks!
You can take certain liberties within the bounds of anything smaller then a city. To do so you'll need to know more about the area though. I'll have some more background whipped up soon. If I knew how to work the Wiki, we'd already have a whole slew of setting detail down. Alas, we lack a steady stream for info until I can or can find out how to organize it for threads. It'll be just a bit before I have it finished. I was woke up after only 3 hours sleep, so I need to more properly wake up before I can write anything more then this coherently.

Callie Del Noire

Rhea 'Twiceborn' ip Ackbar

Rhea sighed as she pulled off her covering robe and sat down as she took advantage of the library's empowered spells to have an unseen servant bring her pile of scrolls and tomes to the table while a more mundane servant brought a fired clay pot of tea. He presented a plug to her, which with a whispered word she encased in frost and put in the tea to chill it.  Satisfied that she had what she needed for the time being, the servant bowed and withdrew.

"Back to your studies again my dear?" A voice asked as she looked up. A smile graced her face as she looked up. Baslin was one of the best of the teacher's at the academy and had encouraged her studies in language and looking into the foundations of magic in Adjuration. She knew he wasn't one of the school's masters, his eclectic style of magic wasn't attuned to any one school of magic and his other 'interests' kept him from focusing solely on the Art. Of course, his role in the school was actually more than 'instructor of miscellanea' that his title claimed. She had learned that after succeeding her trials and had been given her journeyman rings, he was the 'retrieval specialist' for the school and to a lesser extent for the city government.

"Ah, Master Baslin, it is always a pleasure." She said as she got up to offer him a bow. "I was studying." He waved her comment aside

"And you are still considering your course of wandering the land in search of magics?" She chuckled at the comment.

"Well it is more of a tradition in the family to wander the land for a while, learn what we can where we can. After all, the clan gained leverage by doing so and found our way here to this lovely city." She gestured towards the window to show the city of Aquaria outside. "I fear I suffer from the family curse, wandering feet." She admitted with a sly smile. "And you need me to look into certain places I imagine?"
It wouldn't be the first or last time that Master Baslin would ask favors of her.

"I think I would like you to use your travels and your families businesses to retrieve certain.. missives for me?" He asked with a wry grin. Rhea chuckled.

"I think I can do that, I assume you're looking for signs to take to the leaders of the city?" She knew of his actions to motivate Aquaria's leadership to a more attentive posture in regional politics. Too many in the city saw their control of the water as the absolute method of holding primacy in the region. She, on the other hand, favored her father's position of detente and a wider awareness of the comings and goings of others in the region. History, he liked to point out, was full of groups who blandly assumed they had superiority in situations only to be washed from history and leaving only ruins to show their ever being. Baslim chuckled as he poured the tea and sat by her.

"Yes, let's talk of the folk you will need to see." He said as he pulled a small crystal from his robe and set it humming, a charm against all manners of eavesdroppers. They talked of many things he wanted her to investigate in her trek.

History

Rhea's family is a well established merchant family with connections all in many circles as would suit a long term merchant trade group. She knows that her father and mother play the 'long game' of politics and alliances and is profoundly grateful that her old brothers and sister are the ones being trained in the art of the merchant. She, as the seventh child of a seventh child, was 'gifted' with the family legacy of magic. In their case, magic tainted by a curse from ancient times. She was a throw back, showing the 'taint' of darker magics. She attended to her studies and pointedly made it known that while she might know of the darker influences she preferred elementals to diabolic allies and that her interests were in the purer unpinnings of magic by studying Adjuration. She has started the traditional 'trek' that many of her families do, wandering the world at large and relying on her power and skills to make her way. Of course, she also has engaged in the 'long game' in her own way. Passing on missives of things she sees in her travels to those she trusts to see what it might mean for her homeland.

Tagan

As an alternate, Hina might have had the knack to be the Wizard her father wished for... as I have a better grasp of the game than I did yesterday, she could be a 7th lvl Transmuter with very little effort on my part...

Black Howling

Quote from: Tagan on July 10, 2011, 02:41:07 PM
As an alternate, Hina might have had the knack to be the Wizard her father wished for... as I have a better grasp of the game than I did yesterday, she could be a 7th lvl Transmuter with very little effort on my part...
I could see that as well. You could also just go all monk too, which would be cool as well. One is main magic, the other is more of a wildcard. Support with skills, and back up melee if we end up lacking in that area. Also, very nice writing to you and Callie. I like.

Update for people, I have finally gotten some caffeine in my system. Do not ask the foul methods of how I did this, considering it's too hot to even think of Coffee. The requested setting detail is being written up on a thread as we speak.  I'm Loving all the great characters being submitted. Note that questions or concerns about them will be mentioned after I make my final selection. So be open to changes to make sure things mesh well.

Tagan

Hina as is does fit the Wildcard slot best I suppose.

Crovonovin

Hey now, a little self promotion never hurt anybody!  At least, I think. Probably.

Tagan

And here I just pricked my finger on a rather sharp adjective....