Interest Check: Fantastic West

Started by minotaurus, December 09, 2010, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minotaurus

This is just a check to see if anyone would be interested in a fantasy west setting. Basic premise:

The characters would start out in a town based on the American West, circa 1885. However, the characters could be fantasy based (elf, dwarf, gnome, minotaur (of course  >:)) and others). Technology would be based on what was available at that time period and magic would be available. Magic would be mostly low-powered magic. This will not be a steampunk setting.

I would be open to both formal (character sheets, dice rolls, etc) and informal (just posting what you want within reason) character interactions. Formal characters would be able to go on adventures, fight battles (remember, never bring a sword to a gun fight... unless you can throw it real far), etc. while informal characters would be the townspeople (shopkeepers, bartenders, dancing girls, etc). It would be an adult game.

For the formal characters I will use either GURPS, 4th (Basic Set only), or HARP as the basis of the characters. You do not need to know either system so if you would like to learn them this is your chance.

If there is interest, the game will start up in early January. If you are interested, all I need to know at this time is:

Type of play you want: Formal or Informal
Race of character you are thinking of playing: Standard fantasy, or if you have something different, we can discuss it.
Profession of character: Shopkeeper, bartender, miner, bounty hunter, etc. I'm willing to consider any type as long as it can be justified in the setting. Only position you cannot have in this game would be Sheriff or Deputy. I will be the Sheriff, and if anyone wants to assistant GM in the future, they will be Deputies.
Activities you would like to see in the game.

As you reply here, please put one of these three topics as the first word(s) in your post:
Character Idea - Post the type of character you would like to run in this setting. It does not have to be specific at this point as it is just to give me an idea as to what you would like to play.
General Question - If there is something you would like clarified.
Idea - If there's something else you would like to see in the game that has not been mentioned.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon,
min-

Muse

Fascinating... 

Especially GURPS.  :D 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)