Let's see.  My bonus point expenditures, IIRC: 

4: +1 Stamina
3: +1 Perception
4: +4 favored abilites
1: 1 Specialty
3: +1 Backgrounds. 

i'll edit the bits I messed up.
Looks good.
Current Status: Busy-ish, but back. I'll try to check in more often nowadays.

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Winter King on November 11, 2015, 03:03:21 PM
Well, it's been over a millennium or so since the Solars were killed. One would imagine that such a spirit would take time to learn and grow since then.

I'd hope so, but with an artificially created life, who knows? Would it be capable of evolving without any human interaction? It could gain knowledge from the Manse, from books or what have you, but would it grow beyond it's 'programming' without assistance?

Might make for a fun personal storyline :) Help the spirit to become a person, and not just a tool.

Quote from: Winter King on November 11, 2015, 03:03:21 PM
Sounds wonderful. :D

Cool.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Winter King

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 11, 2015, 03:56:48 PM
I'd hope so, but with an artificially created life, who knows? Would it be capable of evolving without any human interaction? It could gain knowledge from the Manse, from books or what have you, but would it grow beyond it's 'programming' without assistance?

Might make for a fun personal storyline :) Help the spirit to become a person, and not just a tool.
Well, that would be my assumption. Spirits are very definitely alive, and life grows and changes. It's not like she's a 2e magitech construct-that-is-very-obviously-not-a-robot-or-a-droid. She might be really alien in her consciousness, but definitely alive and growing. She would not be the being that her creator bound, because she's no longer his/her familiar, and is thus a fully independent being (insofar as such a thing exists).

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 11, 2015, 03:56:48 PMCool.
Yep!

Check out my world!

ChaoticSky

There is that one statue automata from 2e... the one that has been inert since the Ursurpation and passed around as a peice of art by Dragonbloods ever since.

It was however, if i recall, somewhat concious the entire time. And rather unhappy. If it ever gets a full charge of essence,....

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Winter King on November 11, 2015, 04:04:41 PM
Well, that would be my assumption. Spirits are very definitely alive, and life grows and changes. It's not like she's a 2e magitech construct-that-is-very-obviously-not-a-robot-or-a-droid. She might be really alien in her consciousness, but definitely alive and growing. She would not be the being that her creator bound, because she's no longer his/her familiar, and is thus a fully independent being (insofar as such a thing exists).

Sounds good to me then :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Okay, its... very unfinished.  :P but ill keep editing it here, should be done in a couple more days. Bleh.

-Update 1: my muse clubbed me over the idea with some inspiration and beat me mercilessly until i agreed, so remember how i mentioned that my old 'make love, not war' character from 2e seems like shed fit this? Im reworking the character to be based off that. Unsurprisingly, its flowing much better now. Attri/ability/charms are done (feedback welcome if you have any, bit worried about her defence now, kinda tempted to go archery instead of brawl still, to keep her away from melee, but then she has little recourse if something gets in her face.) but, Bio needs to be heavily tweaked though (dont even bother looking, ill fix/finish that tomorrow)

-Update2, finished mixing the concepts, went back to archery to keep closer to what i had originally but its more of the new and less of the old, lets me keep most of the bio though. Merits done. Artefact armour fluffed out.

-Update3, finished panoply, limit done, bio 2.5/4 done.
Silken Rays of Hope
Silken Rays of Hope, 'Silk', The Shining Courtesan Saint

Player:ChaoticSky
Type:Solar
Caste:Zenith
Motivation:To reveal the lies of the Immaculate Faith and return Peace to Creation.
Anima:Silk's anima dances and writhes invitingly; At the lower levels it rises and arcs out from her body in golden ribbons, mimicing the radiant flares of the Sun. As the anima grows, it  expands outwards, radiating out from her body to dance and writhe erotically in the air around her, reaching towards those who stand near with ribbons of golden warmth to caress and invite. At the totemic level it becomes a glorious golden aurora as ribbons of golden light draw shapes of love and eroticism in the air visible for miles, while drawing every eye to her radiant self. Her beauty boosted by the golden light that coils about her like a lover.
Birthday:26th of Decending Fire
Height:5"10
Weight:No.
Skin:Chocolate
Hair:Brunette
Eyes:Teal

Bio
The Girl
Hopeful Rain was born into the small town of Water Falls, set at the bottom of a valley of the same name. A  great scar in the land, near the Mother River, and fed by a deep stream of her waters, the bottom of the valley had been made lush by her bounty, and its auspicious positioning meant that the length of the valley followed the path of the sun across the sky so that plenty of light reached the valley floor. This allowed for the farming of many sensitive crops that would normally be killed by the dry southern winds, and ensured the prosperity of the town and its people.

On the one hand, Hopeful Rain's family were one of several families of hunters who by tradition walked the farmer's fields, hunting and trapping birds and small pests that attack the crops, before ranging beyond the valley to hunt among the grass and reeds of the Mother River for greater game. Which in turn they sold on the market to butchers and others who would make use of it. However, this also made them the closest thing the village had to scouts or sentries. Sitting in the lap of Dun-Lat, there was no need for a dedicated armsmen, so such duties were undertaken by those who had the skills; hunters stood watch, farmers stood in defence, and so on. This was not a duty favoured by many, of Water Falls' hunters were often enamoured with the thrill of a catch, and competed in friendly manner to out-do each other daily. While sentry work offered few thrills and much boredom.

On the other hand, her family were also Water Falls' Listeners. Ordained by the Immaculate Philosophy to provide an outlet for the darkness, guilt and sins of others, lest their thoughts turn into a poison of the soul. A unjudging ear, ready with kind words, to whome the villagers could unburden themselves to better pursue the coils of the dragon. Not an easy calling to endure, though some think it soft work, there is no shortage of burden on the soul. Something Hopeful Rain learned early and well, for her age mattered little once she donned the black robes of a Listener, and those who found her waiting to hear their sins rarely bothered to seek out one of her parents instead if the subject matter was unfit for a young woman's ears.

Hopeful Rain bore both duties with a certain cheer, though even the all-concealing robes of a Listener could not hide her curves, and the girl was nothing if not stunningly beautiful. As such her identity as a Listener was even more of a open secret than the rest of her family, since for them the robes atleased made it hard to tell who was who. This beauty also made her very sought after as a conquest for young men and fortunately for them Hope was more than willing to reciprocate, she grew up curious about sex, after hearing much about it, and when the opportunity to try it out for herself arouse, she jumped at it... and basically never stopped. The only exception was of course, when she was working as a Listener, which was a responsibility she took very seriously and never mixed with pleasure. As for those stories of a Listener falling in love with their charges, she was quickly growing tired of people thinking that confessing their feelings for her to her, as a Listener, would actually work, and had some very choice words prepared if she ever met the author of one of those smut novels. As a hunter, she was one of the only ones who showed any favouritism towards the dull work of a sentry. Claiming a pile of rubble that had once been a tower as her nest, she would often spend hours looking out over the desert for the arrival of canavans, or threats. Despite common knowledge to the contrary, she actually managed to catch a fair bit over the years from her perch, the monotony of the day broken up by the crack of her bow, sending arrows streaking into the blue to strike at distant targets, some imagined, and some delicious. The practice at something approaching formal archery, rather than merely hunting, increased her skill and changed her style over the years. Each time her bow wore out, her next was always longer than the one before it, her draw became slow and long, and while she was nowhere near as quick a shot as her peers, she more than made up for it with range and accuracy.

But its not like shooting was all she did up there. No, she also spent a great deal of time pondering life's great mysteries... on her back. Paramours would often come to join her in her vigil, for while there was little in the way of action at her post, there was a preponderance of time and privacy, which lent its self well to entirely different sorts of action. Between lovers and practice however, the young woman still had plenty of time simply alone to just think. Her mind wandered hither and yon, rolling from topic to topic... but like a ball rolling down hill, it eventually returned to thinking about the things she had Listened to. It set her apart, she knew, to walk down the street and know that that woman had prayed to the River on days that belonged to the Harvest gods, that man lusted after his daughter, or that both of those people were cheating on each other though neither knew about it, or that that man had stolen from his neighbour. And that was only the beginning! Were these people bad or good? She had often encouraged people to do better in their lives, but the fact that she had to do so, that they simply hadn't behaved morally to begin with, bothered her on a fundamental level. Were people wicked and only did good when conjoled to do so? Or were they good and simply susceptible to temptation? They couldnt be both! Alas. no answers came to her... though she often wryly wished she could speak to a Listener herself, some of these thoughts had to be bad for her after all.

In the end she found, if not peace of mind, at lease balance in life, and was happy with that.

The Exalt WIP
Until one day, while as she sat on a bench near the center of town, wearing her Listener robes and waiting for someone to join her and speak of their probems, a old man happened to pass by. Then passed by again, and Hope smiled behind her veil, shed seen such behaviour before, but could do nothing but wait for him to gather up his courage.... there was something off about the man... but she couldnt... no, nothing, just a trick of the eye. Another pass, and then a awkward pause, and Hope rose from her seat, offering the man her hand politely, "Would you like some help sir?" she asked him, startling him out of whatever thoughts occupied his mind, and he favoured her with a tentative smile, accepting her help as she gently sat him on the bench, careful of his old bones. Only then did she notice that he was wearing the robes of a Immaculate Monk... and one of high rank too, if the level of intricacy equated to authority, his attire was fare more opulent than that of the local monks, had he come in on the last caravan?

Once the man was seated she returned to her spot beside him and waited. Finally, he sighed loudly and licked his lips to wet them before speaking, his voice halting with age and indecision; "Ah, miss, have you ever wondered if your doing the right thing?" The monk asked quietly, as if confessing a terrible sin.
Hope laid her hand on his shoulder and leaned in slightly, letting her compassionate smile colour her words, "All the time." she answered the man, to his surprise as he turned to look at her sharply, and she gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze, "We are all human, its normal to doubt our duty at some point, if it was always easy, there would be no value in it. Take me for example, I hear all kinds of things; some bad, some I could do something about.. but my duty demands I keep the secrets told to me. I know that Duty can be a heavy burden at times~"
The man just stared for a moment, before bursting out into a deep laugh, "Ah, right you are miss, right you are!" he guffawed for a moment before lapsing back into morosity. Finally, he asked the question he had come here to ask, his voice solumn like a prayer; "Will you Listen to my story?"

Hope smiled, "Yes I will."

The Priestess WIP

Personality
Silk is very much a genuinely good person, while many with her natural charisma and beauty would use them to get ahead in life, even before her exaltation, she was more interested in plying her talents to help others. As a Listener, she had a unique position that allowed her to see into the hearts of others and encourage them to make changes in their lives above and beyond simply telling her their problems, and her earnest words swayed many souls towards goodness.

She is also a very honest person, always believing that the truth is better than a lie, no matter how insignificant... which is somewhat ironic considering that Silk herself is a terrible liar. Almost comically so. Her truths are sometimes hard, though she does her utmost to soften the blows that can come from harsh truths, she believes that they must be said. This ideology gets taken to the logical extreme in that she believes that nothing good or lasting can be built upon a foundation of lies, and that any such construct is ultimately harmful... no matter how comforting it is. If the truth will destroy a thing.... then it should, and what grows after will be better for its honest. Those who are hurt will be happier in the long run. It is worth noting however that being unable to lie does not mean she is unable to keep secrets... as a Listener it was her duty to do so after all; rather than lie or deflect, she will simply refuse to answer.

Silk is also not a woman who places much import on acts of intimacy and is a perpetual flirt, as well as a perponent of free love. Always ready with a sultry invitation or suggestive pose, she enjoys the attention her body gets her, and is more than willing to share the love. Both for her own fun and that of others. As a lover, she is extremely generious and devotes a great deal of attention towards ensuring her partners are satisfied, but forms no deeper bonds and rebuffs any attempt to build such as gently as possible. Never one for formal relationships, she simply enjoys herself freely and revels in her talent for pleasing others.

Before Exaltation, and even more so afterwards; Silk favours peaceful solutions over violent ones and generally sees being forced to fight as a personal failure. That she couldnt find the words to bring things to a peaceful solution, and there is always a peaceful solution. Shes ultimately a builder, not a destroyer. That said, when violence beckons, she draws upon her experience as a archer and wields her bow with determined precision.

In the same vein, her cult was made to improve the lives of the people of Water's Fall and the fact that it worships her as well was only a side benefit, not her goal.

Character Stats

ATTRIBUTES(8/6/4)

[] Strength•••••[] Charisma•••••[] Perception•••••
[] Dexterity•••••[] Manipulation••••[] Intelligence•••••
[] Stamina•••••[] Appearance•••••[] Wits•••••

ABILITIES/SPECIALITIES(28)

ZenithFavouredSpecialities
Athletics••••• Archery•••• Archery[Powerbow]
Integrity••••• Awareness••••• Presence[Awing]
Performance••••• Brawl••••• Presence[Seduction]
Presence••••• Medicine••••• Performance[Dance]
Resistance•••• Occult•••••
Others
Bureaucracy•••••Craft•••••Dodge•••••
Investigation•••••Larceny•••••Linguistics•••••
Lore•••••Melee•••••Ride•••••
Sail•••••Socialize•••••Stealth•••••
Survival•••••Thrown•••••War•••••

MERITS(10)

Cult ••••• (The Shining Way)
Resources •••• (Affluent Peasant)
Artefact •••• (Flesh Aegis Of Glorious Form)
Artefact ••••• (Horizon)

STATS
Essence: •••• •••••
Personal Pool: 13/13
Peripheral Pool: 33/33 (Commited: m)

Willpower: ••••• •••••
Temp Willpower: 7/7

Limit: ••••• •••••
Trigger: Failing to resolve a tense situation before it erupts into violence.
Break:
Duration:

HEALTH LEVELS

-0 [  ] [  ]
-1 [  ] [  ] [  ]
-2 [  ] [  ] [  ]
-4 [  ]
INCAP [  ]
DYING [  ]

INTIMACIES

Principles
PrincipleIntensity
Truth, Always.Defining(4)
The Immaculate Faith is a LieMajor(3)
Together we can fix Creation.Major(3)
'Solars' are not 'Anathem'Minor(2)
Ties
NameContextIntensity
V Not Updated For Hope/3E
ATTACKS Attack: 15 dice(3Dex+5MA+3FistSpec+4Dragon Stone)

Physical
WeaponSpeedAccuracyDamageDefenseRateTagsNotes
Fists5+5+4B+63N
Charm
HandsofTheSun5+4+5L/2+34O

DEFENSES
Physical (Soak, Hardness)
Natural:  11L/11B, 2L/2B
Armour:    -   /  -  ,  -  / -
Charms: 
Total:      11L/11B, 2L/2B

Dodge DV: 5
Parry DV: 9

Social
Dodge MDV: 11
Parry MDV: 5

Charms

CHARMS
NameDurationTypeKeywordsCostDescription
ExcellencyInstantSupplementalN/A1m/dieAdd 1sux to roll, up to (attribute+ability)
Archery
Phantom Arrow TechniqueInstantReflexiveN/A1mMay fire without arrows. 1/scene may add +Intimacy dice, but numbs the intimacy.
Fiery Arrow AttackInstantSupplementalDecisive2mArrows ignite. +1sux to Decisive damage roll. If it deals 3+HLs, target catches fire and takes E dice of lethal damage/turn
Awareness
Sensory Acuity Prana1SceneReflexiveN/A5mAll senses enhanced, double 9s. If Enhanced(sense) active, reroll 6s. No danger of overload
Keem Taste and Smell1SceneSimpleN/A3m/6m1wpRecognize/track/navigate by scent. +2sux to Surv rolls to hunt/track/find water, extend range to 200xE. Enable Scent/Taste Libraries. 6m/1wp makes duration indef.
Occult
Spirit-Detecting Glance1SceneReflexiveN/A3mSee immaterial Spirits.
Spirit-Manifesting WordInstantSimpleN/A1mAllow a spirit to manifest physically without paying the cost its self.
Performance
Masterful PerformanceInstantSupplementalMute2mAdd 1sux and reroll 1s. 1s cannot be targeted by interfereing magic.
Thousand Courtesan WaysIndefiniteReflexiveN/A5mAdd 1 to App, my attempt seductive persuade without targeting intimacy. Single roll, multiple targets.
Presence
Majestic Radiant Presence1SceneSimpleN/A5mWhile active, others must pay 1wp to act against or attack the Solar. Threaten actions suffer E penalty.
Harmonious Presence1sceneReflexiveN/A5/7mAdd 3dice to all social influence abilites, social charms cost -1m. 7M makes duration Indef.
Threefold Magnetic ArdorInstantSupplimentalN/A4mTurn dice bonus from App difference into sux(counts as charm dice)
Awakened Carnal DemiurgeIndefiniteSimpleN/A5m1wpAdd 1 to App, seduction targets have -1 Resolve.
Rose-Lipped SeductionInstantSupplimentalN/A2m1wpDouble 9s on Seduction. May seduce people even if its Unacceptable for them.
Resistence
Ox-Body TechniquePermPermStack-Gain +1 -0/-1/-2 HLs.
Durability of Oak1tickReflexiveDual3m-2 Raw damage, +4 Hardness vs Decisive, but not during Crash.

Panoply

-Flesh Aegis Of Glorious Form (Slot: Empty(). Plate(Class: Heavy. Soak +11. Hadness: 10. MobPen: -2). Cleans as per Collar Of Dawn. Att: 6m)
The Flesh Aegis takes the form of golden Orichalcum tattoos, covering the wearer's body that shimmer softly in any light, and glow if any attempt is made to cover them. These tattoos form straight lines and perfectly radial curves, while both highlighting and accentuating all of Silk's positive features, both curves and muscles.
-Horizon (Powerbow(Dam: +12. O: 4. Acc: Close-1/Short+5/Med+3/Long+1/Ex-1) Att: 5)
A slim but extremely long powerbow made of a single unadored shaft of White Jade, with a handle in the center, and flaring symmetrical arms that end in stout spikes, with a thread of Red Jade reaching from just below each spike to string the bow. It is covered in small angular shapes and what are clearly attachment points, it gives a sense of unfinishedness, and lacks the strange vitality of many Artefact weapons, though it has warmed somewhat since Silk took it up.

Gm Stuff

Details and Hooks
Water Falls: Details

The valley is situated at a point where the Mother River runs almost exactly south to north, and its self runs almost exactly west to east. Sitting on the right side of the river, a narrow but deep and fast stream of water flows over the (west)edge, forming a waterfall (and giving the place its name, for such features are uncommon in the South) before winding its way towards a cenote at the far(east) end of the valley. Wider at the west-side and narrowing away from it, there is plenty of space on either side of the stream that flows down the center of the valley, and the soil here is rich, ideal for many types of crop, though much of what is grown here are herbs and teas that are rare in the South, for the valley shields its produce from the harsh southern winds and the worst of flaying sandstorms.

The town abuts against the westmost end of the valley, with positions nearest to the falls being more desired, as the mist dulls the day's heat. On the northern side of the stream, there is a broad, switchingbacking path that forms the main road in and out of Water Falls, though there are many other paths (and more for those unafraid to scale the walls), that is the only one wide enough for wagons and caravans. At the top of the valley where the pathstarts, there are a number of ruins, the most noteworthy being the remains of a tower or similar structure. Once made of interlocking stone shapes, with no two ever the same, it was sundered ages ago, and the pile of rubble is one of the highest points near Water Falls.

At the bottom of the path sits the town's small bazaar, where traders can buy the valley's produce (in bulk or otherwise) and sell their wares; mostly metals and other raw materials that cannot be acquired locally, but the rare herbs sold here mean that the locals are relatively affluent for peasants, and a small but brisk trade for more personal items keeps things fresh.

There are only a handful of slaves in Water Falls, and they belong to the wealthiest landowners, but most of the people here are hereditary farmers or craftsmen who work trades that support agriculture, local smiths are masters of crafting plows, not swords. Most children follow the ways of their parents, and it is rare and inauspicious, though tolerated, if young men and women seek other paths or apprenticeship under people other than their parents.

Once devout followers of the Immaculate faith, the denizens of the valley had grown disillusioned in recent years as strife ravaged the lands of Du-lat, reducing trade and luring away young men and women with promises of heroism and glory, threatening a way of life that has existed since the Great Contagion. When a golden saint appeared to ease their suffering, they flocked to her creed.

the shining way

Panoply

Flesh Aegis Of Glorious Form

Story
The story of the Aegis starts, as it must, with its creator; A solar named Sun Forged Wisdom.

A veteran of the Primordial war, he like all his kind, defeated the Primordials,  expanded and reaffirmed Creation in the aftermath, and then settled in to rule and peruse his interests. Sun was a great craftsman, who learned at the feet of the Mountain Folk in the days leading up to the War, and he forged many artefacts, from simple trinkets to worldshaking wonders. Alas, for he was one of the first to begin to succumb to the Great Curse...

Always a man who placed a high value on perfection, Sun began to become enamoured with his own form, and as his narcissism grew, would often spend hours admiring himself in a massive array of lights and mirrors, obsessing over and correcting any flaw, no matter how small. Eventually, his infatuation with himself lead him to begin to look askince at his suit of Plate, which had served him well throughout the War, but which he was now loathe to wear, for it concealed his body completely. Torn between his narcissism and the practical aspect of his creative mind, he would be forced to choose between displaying his form and protecting it....

You know, if he wasnt a Solar. 

Sun resolved to do both, to create a new armour as inviolate as his plate, but which would not obscure his body. So particular was he, that hundreds of prototypes (themselves artefacts of great power that a modern Dragonblood would probably have sold their firstborn for) were created and rejected, reduced to slag in the fury of his ire, before he finally hit upon a perfect solution. The Aegis he forged was a masterwork of solar craftsmanship, a living alloy of Orichalcum and Moonsilver, mostly the former, but with enough to lend some malleability to the golden metal's legendary hardness.

Taking form of golden tattoos, the Aegis lines the wearer's form, accentuating every curve and muscle, hiding any imperfection, while infusing the skin with interwoven lattices of essence that make it as durable as the heaviest armour. So adored, Sun Forged Wisdom rarely wore anything else, and was free to bask in his perfection and all the.... opportunities that perpetual nudity offered.

When he fell during the Usurpation, hundreds of years later, he was slain by his three hundred dragonblooded courtesans, who coaxed him out of his armour before turning on him.

Details

The Aegis when inert, takes the form of a sphere of Orichalcum, slightly larger than a man's fist, with a sun-burst design.

When activated, it flows onto the user, embracing their form with gleaming patterns of orichalcum that accentuate their body, highlighting positive traits, like muscles or curves, while bestowing all the properties of a suit of Articulated Plate. This includes the mobility and stealth penalties, for even solar artifice cannot soften such hardness, and the full body embrace of the Aegis slows its wearer somewhat, gifting them with a sensuality movement.

Sentient, but only somewhat sapient, the motive spirit of the Aegis glories in its purpose to highlight and protect individuals of great beauty, but is also prideful to a fault. So much so that it cannot be used by anyone other than a Solar, for no lesser being is worthy of being displayed by her, and she will poison the essence of anyone who tries. Even among Solars however, those with less than Appearance 5 she will serve only sulkingly, and offer up no Evocations. But ah, she dreams of once more adorning the body of one who is worthy... this time she will not fail them....

Of course, the Aegis's pride also resents being hidden, and will take it upon herself to display her owner's glory regardless of how they might choose to garb themselves. Shimmering with captured light, the Aegis penalizes stealth (as Fullplate, but visual rather than noise), she will glow brighter the heavier clothes her owner wears, so that her light always shines through, while heavier materials that will not permit her glow are worn away with supernatural speed, lasting only days, rather than months or years, before unravelling. All this is, of course, for her owner's benefit of course, it would be most terrible if their wondrous body was completely hidden! The notion that they might want to is so foreign to the Aegis' nature and thoughts that she could never begin to comprehend it.

Mechanics
Class: Heavy
Soak: +11
Hard: 10
MobPen: -2
Attune: 6
-One hearthstone socket, made of a particularly thick layer of oricalcum, sits over the heart on men, and at the base of the sternum (under the bust) on women.
-Duplicates the cleaning effects of a Collar of Dawn’s Cleansing Light.

Evocations
The Flesh Aegis Of Glorious Form accentuates the body, drawing attention and desire, while offering great protection, its primary Material is Orichalcum, to better Defend and Beautify its wearer.

EXPENDITURES

Chargen BP3/15
-5th dot Sta [Pri Attri: 4]
-4th dot Brawl [Fav Abil: 1]
-4th dot Resistance [Cas Abil: 1]
-4th&5th dots Presence [Cas Abil: 2]
-6th&7th dot Willpower[WP: 4]

Earned Exp

Winter King

With that, submission is closed! Thanks to everyone who's submitted, and I'll be considering carefully as the week goes on.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 11, 2015, 08:48:24 PM
Okay, its... very unfinished.  :P but ill keep editing it here, should be done in a couple more days. Bleh.
[snip]
That's fine. Should I hold off on commenting on it until you've finished, or would you rather I do so beforehand?

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 12, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
Do I have anything to add to complete my PC?
I think you're good. Just a final thought - your intimacy towards Martial Artists should probably be restricted to those who are actually practicing martial arts - as those things are concrete entities in Creation, not just "any way of fighting." That said, if you want to keep it the way it is now, I would suggest just putting it as "athletes" or "warriors," or both.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 12, 2015, 01:14:13 PM
I think you're good. Just a final thought - your intimacy towards Martial Artists should probably be restricted to those who are actually practicing martial arts - as those things are concrete entities in Creation, not just "any way of fighting." That said, if you want to keep it the way it is now, I would suggest just putting it as "athletes" or "warriors," or both.
I'd disagree there's a difference on the mortal level, actually. Realm Legions are learning Melee for use in war, and we all know where the word "martial" is coming from, not to mention most schools would be teaching a combination of skills, like Archery, Melee or Martial Arts, Athletics, Stealth and Resistance.
But "warriors" is good enough, he's just likely to call them "martial artists" ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 12, 2015, 04:35:05 PM
I'd disagree there's a difference on the mortal level, actually. Realm Legions are learning Melee for use in war, and we all know where the word "martial" is coming from, not to mention most schools would be teaching a combination of skills, like Archery, Melee or Martial Arts, Athletics, Stealth and Resistance.
But "warriors" is good enough, he's just likely to call them "martial artists" ;D!

Realm Legions aren't unveiling secrets of the universe by practicing their Melee. Martial Arts are explicitly unveiling greater mysteries to the practitioner as they progress. I mean, that's how I believe the difference is to be understood. I know why you feel that way, but I have to say that in Creation, I'd be reluctant to call a person who did not practice an ancient style passed down by martial masters, or invent a new one (with all the wuxia thematics that go along with that) a martial artist.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 12, 2015, 04:53:38 PM
Realm Legions aren't unveiling secrets of the universe by practicing their Melee.
I don't believe you're right, on this one at least. Of course, just as with martial arts, elightenment would be a nice side goal.
But overall I believe they work the same way, but Martial arts are specialized forms with specific goals.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 12, 2015, 10:18:44 PM
I don't believe you're right, on this one at least. Of course, just as with martial arts, elightenment would be a nice side goal.
But overall I believe they work the same way, but Martial arts are specialized forms with specific goals.
You're right, I was imprecise. Martial Arts are seeking to unveil secrets of Essence via the path of martial combat. Melee kind of stumbles onto it by accident. Supposedly. I mean, in my opinion, I think that anything designed to kill people is carefully cultivated such that you can't achieve what I would consider enlightenment, because if they weren't, you'd go mad. But there's the tropes, at any rate.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Winter King on November 13, 2015, 07:17:59 AM
You're right, I was imprecise. Martial Arts are seeking to unveil secrets of Essence via the path of martial combat. Melee kind of stumbles onto it by accident. Supposedly. I mean, in my opinion, I think that anything designed to kill people is carefully cultivated such that you can't achieve what I would consider enlightenment, because if they weren't, you'd go mad. But there's the tropes, at any rate.
I suspect our definitions of enlightenment vary, which is hardly surprising. My character doesn't share my definition yet, but that hardly matters for the game.

Also, Muse is the bravest unoptimizer I have ever seen ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Muse

*laughs* 

Thank you. 

i may have to undiversify a little.  Do you have any advise on fighting without armor in this editon of exalted? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

No, your charm picks are fine, it's the part about buying attributes that's far from optimal! I'm not trying to critique you, though, just noting that your PC is created in blatant neglect of any optimization ;D!

Resistance Charms never hurt, though. Unarmored specialties are optimal if you're going to be unarmoured anyway. A medium-light weapon mix is your friend. And given your Supernal, Thunderbolt Prana can bring the hurt on enemies before they do the same to you :P!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Muse

*Grins*  Thank you.  I've been knonw to optomise from time to time, but it always does bug me when I see a character with 7 5s and 7 1s.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

I've never seen one, but it would no doubt bug me as well. I mean, how do you get a character with 14 attributes in Storyteller >:)?

Now, if it's not Storyteller, hopefully that's not even an optimised build ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ChaoticSky

Okay, i have something that needs feedback XD

Story
The story of the Aegis starts, as it must, with its creator; A solar named Sun Forged Wisdom.

A veteran of the Primordial war, he like all his kind, defeated the Primordials,  expanded and reaffirmed Creation in the aftermath, and then settled in to rule and peruse his interests. Sun was a great craftsman, who learned at the feet of the Mountain Folk in the days leading up to the War, and he forged many artefacts, from simple trinkets to worldshaking wonders. Alas, for he was one of the first to begin to succumb to the Great Curse...

Always a man who placed a high value on perfection, Sun began to become enamoured with his own form, and as his narcissism grew, would often spend hours admiring himself in a massive array of lights and mirrors, obsessing over and correcting any flaw, no matter how small. Eventually, his infatuation with himself lead him to begin to look askince at his suit of Fullplate, which had served him well throughout the War, but which he was not loathe to wear, for it concealed his body completely. Torn between his narcissism and the practical aspect of his creative mind, he would be forced to choose between displaying his form and protecting it....

Sun resolved to do both, to create a new armour as inviolate as his plate, but which would not obscure his body. So particular was he, that hundreds of prototypes (themselves artefacts of great power that a modern Dragonblood would probably have sold their firstborn for) were created and rejected, reduced to slag in the fury of his ire, before he finally hit upon a perfect solution. The Aegis he forged was a masterwork of solar craftsmanship, a living alloy of Orichalcum and Moonsilver, mostly the former, but with enough to lend some malleability to the golden metal's legendary hardness.

Taking form of golden tattoos, the Aegis lines the wearer's form, accentuating every curve and muscle, hiding any imperfection, while infusing the skin with interwoven lattices of essence that make it as durable as the heaviest armour. So adored, Sun Forged Wisdom rarely wore anything else, and was free to bask in his perfection and all the.... opportunities that perpetual nudity offered.

When he fell during the Usurpation, hundreds of years later, he was slain by his three hundred dragonblooded courtesans, who coaxed him out of his armour before turning on him.

Details

The Aegis when inert, takes the form of a sphere of Orichalcum, slightly larger than a man's fist, with a sun-burst design.

When activated, it flows onto the user, embracing their form with gleaming patterns of orichalcum that accentuate their body, highlighting positive traits, like muscles or curves, while bestowing all the properties of a suit of Articulated Full Plate. This includes the mobility and stealth penalties, for even solar artifice cannot soften such hardness, and the full body embrace of the Aegis slows its wearer somewhat, gifting them with a sensuality movement.

Sentient, but only somewhat sapient, the motive spirit of the Aegis glories in its purpose to highlight and protect individuals of great beauty, but is also prideful to a fault. So much so that it cannot be used by anyone other than a Solar, for no lesser being is worthy of being displayed by her, and she will poison the essence of anyone who tries. Even among Solars however, those with less than Appearance 5 she will serve only sulkingly, and offer up no Evocations. But ah, she dreams of once more adorning the body of one who is worthy... this time she will not fail them....

Of course, the Aegis's pride also resents being hidden, and will take it upon herself to display her owner's glory regardless of how they might choose to garb themselves. Shimmering with captured light, the Aegis penalizes stealth (as Fullplate, but visual rather than noise), she will glow brighter the heavier clothes her owner wears, so that her light always shines through, while heavier materials that will not permit her glow are worn away with supernatural speed, lasting only days, rather than months or years, before unravelling. All this is, of course, for her owner's benefit of course, it would be most terrible if their wondrous body was completely hidden! The notion that they might want to is so foreign to the Aegis' nature and thoughts that she could never begin to comprehend it.

Mechanics
-One hearthstone socket, made of a particularly thick layer of oricalcum, sits over the heart on men, and at the base of the sternum (under the bust) on women.

Evocations
The Flesh Aegis Of Glorious Form accentuates the body, drawing attention and desire, while offering great protection, its primary Material is Orichalcum, to better Defend and Beautify its wearer.

[Gonna leave the specifics to the King]

Thoughts?

Empyrean

Here are some thoughts on Starlight's weapon and armor. What do you think?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hidden Justice: Vyer Akelos was the last person you'd expect to be an assassin. That's what made him such a good one. In the First Age, Akelos was a Waning Moon who served as mate to a glorious Solar of the Zenith caste. Akelos's mate was a good and righteous ruler, but woefully naive. Akelos was in charge of his security, and far more pragmatic and ruthless than his love. He developed Hidden Justice to strike at those foes of his mate who were too high-profile to simply be torn apart by claws or fangs. Akelos would conduct thorough investigations on potential enemies, then use his shapeshifting talents and skills as a spy to sneak in and assassinate those targets that needed killing. Or just frame or sabotage those enemies too highly placed for assassination.

Formed of moonsilver with green jade worked into the handles, these poisoned needles were designed to be thrown at a considerable distance. One who has mastered them can cause the needles to bend and warp, flowing around and through weak points in armor to deliver their deadly poisons. They can leave behind slivers of moonsilver that seek the heart of an enemy. And by magic, they return to the hand of their wielder once they've done their deadly work.

Shadow's Embrace: In the First Age, if you were a criminal in the West you quickly learned to fear and hate the name of Twelve Shades. Known among his peers as Twelve Shadows Flowing, this Night Caste Solar was a fearsome and harsh inquisitor. Under a variety of assumed names and guises, both male and female, Twelve Shades wormed his way into criminal conspiracies of mortals, renegade spirits, rogue demons, and even the plots of less scrupulous Exalted. He'd gather evidence meticulously, sometimes spending years on his investigations. Then he'd strike. Conspiracies and cartels would awake to find their leaders dead or hauled up before the Deliberative with so much damning evidence that even bribed deliberators couldn't shield people from the consequences of their lawbreaking. He struck without fear or favor, and was infamous for his inability to be bribed or threatened off a case.

After a particular close call in which a black market Exigent enforcer for a cartel had nearly sniped him down, Twelve Shades commissioned this blue jade and orichalcum chain shirt. He needed something flexible enough to wear when deep undercover but sturdy enough to hold up to the abuses he often took. It was designed with a socket for a hearthstone, as he often used hearthstones (and sorcery) to aid in his investigations. The chain shirt gave him increased awareness of the hostile intent of others, as well as bending light to better conceal him from the senses of enemies.

Thufir Hawat

My Character's Weapons

He's using a warfan and a hook sword. Actually, he's got two of each, I think. He carries both the hook swords and the warfans in the same scabbards, though, in order to avoid looking like a samurai going into battle.
They're well-made, with horn handles and steel blades. One of the horn handles of the hook swords is painted white, the other, black.
He calls them Mercy, Grace and the Two Beauties, for the warfans.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Winter King

Quote from: ChaoticSky on November 13, 2015, 10:40:48 PM
Okay, i have something that needs feedback XD

Story

Always a man who placed a high value on perfection, Sun began to become enamoured with his own form, and as his narcissism grew, would often spend hours admiring himself in a massive array of lights and mirrors, obsessing over and correcting any flaw, no matter how small. Eventually, his infatuation with himself lead him to begin to look askince at his suit of Fullplate, which had served him well throughout the War, but which he was not loathe to wear, for it concealed his body completely. Torn between his narcissism and the practical aspect of his creative mind, he would be forced to choose between displaying his form and protecting it....

Details

When activated, it flows onto the user, embracing their form with gleaming patterns of orichalcum that accentuate their body, highlighting positive traits, like muscles or curves, while bestowing all the properties of a suit of Articulated Full Plate. This includes the mobility and stealth penalties, for even solar artifice cannot soften such hardness, and the full body embrace of the Aegis slows its wearer somewhat, gifting them with a sensuality movement.

Mechanics

Evocations

[Gonna leave the specifics to the King]

Thoughts?
Okay, my initial feelings are that this is much more suited to being a moonsilver artifact than an orichalcum one. Moonsilver (very) rarely shifts form in the way that you're describing, but it does so. Orichalcum is physically unchanging in almost all of its forms - rather like the Sun. Plus, double-attunement is dead, so there's no real reason not to have it as moonsilver (except that Lunars will try to steal it any time they see it). Hm, I like the story you've woven for it, though - well thought out and a good reason to have the armor do what it does. I would still hold that moonsilver suits it much better... possibly with some orichalcum, but really, shapeshifting armor is solidly in moonsilver's field.

Quote from: Empyrean on November 14, 2015, 12:39:30 AM
Here are some thoughts on Starlight's weapon and armor. What do you think?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hidden Justice: Vyer Akelos was the last person you'd expect to be an assassin. That's what made him such a good one. In the First Age, Akelos was a Waning Moon who served as mate to a glorious Solar of the Zenith caste. Akelos's mate was a good and righteous ruler, but woefully naive. Akelos was in charge of his security, and far more pragmatic and ruthless than his love. He developed Hidden Justice to strike at those foes of his mate who were too high-profile to simply be torn apart by claws or fangs. Akelos would conduct thorough investigations on potential enemies, then use his shapeshifting talents and skills as a spy to sneak in and assassinate those targets that needed killing. Or just frame or sabotage those enemies too highly placed for assassination.

Formed of moonsilver with green jade worked into the handles, these poisoned needles were designed to be thrown at a considerable distance. One who has mastered them can cause the needles to bend and warp, flowing around and through weak points in armor to deliver their deadly poisons. They can leave behind slivers of moonsilver that seek the heart of an enemy. And by magic, they return to the hand of their wielder once they've done their deadly work.

Shadow's Embrace: In the First Age, if you were a criminal in the West you quickly learned to fear and hate the name of Twelve Shades. Known among his peers as Twelve Shadows Flowing, this Night Caste Solar was a fearsome and harsh inquisitor. Under a variety of assumed names and guises, both male and female, Twelve Shades wormed his way into criminal conspiracies of mortals, renegade spirits, rogue demons, and even the plots of less scrupulous Exalted. He'd gather evidence meticulously, sometimes spending years on his investigations. Then he'd strike. Conspiracies and cartels would awake to find their leaders dead or hauled up before the Deliberative with so much damning evidence that even bribed deliberators couldn't shield people from the consequences of their lawbreaking. He struck without fear or favor, and was infamous for his inability to be bribed or threatened off a case.

After a particular close call in which a black market Exigent enforcer for a cartel had nearly sniped him down, Twelve Shades commissioned this blue jade and orichalcum chain shirt. He needed something flexible enough to wear when deep undercover but sturdy enough to hold up to the abuses he often took. It was designed with a socket for a hearthstone, as he often used hearthstones (and sorcery) to aid in his investigations. The chain shirt gave him increased awareness of the hostile intent of others, as well as bending light to better conceal him from the senses of enemies.
Ooh, I like Hidden Justice. Shadow's Embrace's history might be a tad much - I would say that corrupt Deliberators should not be something that's mentioned, just because it's the sort of petty politicking that marked DoFA in 2e, and I find that to be... counterintuitive for what I imagine the First Age to be - that is, a bunch of heroes who were increasingly unstable - no hint of the "oh, look at those corrupt legislators" attitude of late 2e. Other than that, it looks good.

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on November 14, 2015, 03:43:23 AM
My Character's Weapons

He's using a warfan and a hook sword. Actually, he's got two of each, I think. He carries both the hook swords and the warfans in the same scabbards, though, in order to avoid looking like a samurai going into battle.
They're well-made, with horn handles and steel blades. One of the horn handles of the hook swords is painted white, the other, black.
He calls them Mercy, Grace and the Two Beauties, for the warfans.
Seems fair enough. I imagine that maybe one of the pairs was intended for a sibling who went Dereth rather than become a warrior, perhaps?

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

Out of curiosity, do you plan to have the characters start as a circle, knowing (some of?) each other, or just having Fate bring them together in one place at one time?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Winter King

I thought that you probably have met one another once or twice, and are aware of each other's status as Anathema, but that you haven't actually done much as a circle yet. I also thought why your characters cared about one another would be discussed once the final decisions are made.

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die