OWOD being human story, Ghosts,Werecreatures, Vampires etc OH my!-Interest check

Started by Sabriel, March 02, 2010, 07:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

Sabriel

Name:  <This would the characters name>
Nature:/Demeanor: Most of the Old World of Darkness games use a system of Archetypes to represent the characters personality. An Archetype must be be chosen for the character's Nature (what she truly thinks) and his Demeanor (what he wants people to think she thinks, so the mask she wears). The Nature of a person determine what she must do or gain to regain his self-esteem (Willpower). Some creatures, particularly mortals and Garou, have the same Nature and Demeanor. The Changelings have instead a Seelie and an Unseelie Legacy and the Adhene have three of these.

This page bellow lists the Changelings versions.

http://members.tripod.com/val_grey/legacies.htm

Concept: Is basically a way of summing up your character, everyone has a concept this could be anything from "Corrupt Cop" to "Third wave Feminist" this basically sums up your character in a few words or even one word. It is not exactly an important thing on the sheet because well sometimes a few words can fail to capture a concept.

Supernatural type: This is what kind of creature you are, I.E Kindred (Vampire), Garou (Werewolf), Nuwisha (Werecoyote), etc

Attributes: Attributes are used to represent your raw traits these are things like your physical, social and mental aptitudes, they are general within the range of 1-5 with 1 being poor 2 being average and 5 being well the pinnacle.  More info can be found here - http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Attribute

Abilities: These are things talents, skills and knowledges basically things you character is either talented in skilled at or knowledgeable of.  For example anyone who knows how to Drive would really have at least 1 in Drive :P they are ranked in the same way as attributes and usually combined with one of them to create a dice pool or decide if you can simply perform a task.  More info can be found here - http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ability

I hope that helps and ill be happy to help out more if you have more questions.

WerewolfofLondon

Character Name: Raven Lexus
----

Player: WerwolfofLondon

Aliases:
* Thunder Hammer
* Leech Bane
*Wyrm Foe

Creature Type: Werewolf

Tribe/Clan/Other: Get of Fenris

Auspice: Ragabash (Rotagar)

Description
----

Basic Description:
She is petite (5ft 4ins) and slim with long black hair that reaches her lower back, which she almost always keeps in a long thick braid. Her eyes are bright green framed my long thick sooty eyelashes. Her skin is pale, but has a slight blush to her cheeks and a smattering of freckles marching across the bridge of her nose. Raven rarely smile, but when she does it brightens up her whole face, making her look beautiful rather than just pretty. Around her neck she always wears a necklace of vampire teeth as a warning. She is always adding to this collection.

Other Description:
Lupus: A small, scrawny timber wolfwith grey and white fur and one black ear. Hispo: A timber wolf the size of a small pony (same colouring as lupus) Glabro: A taller more muscular human form. Crinos: Larger werewolf form. Same colouring as Lupus and she is 7ft in this form.

Everyday Outfit:
Black skinny fit jeans, steel toe-capped black army boots, black vest top and black leather jacket.

Possessions:
*Hammer of Thor (A large silver hammer with a metal handle, a long chain is attached to the end with a cuff to attach to the wrist. It is strapped to her back wrapped in animal hide.)

*Motorbike (Red and black Thundercat)

Common Knowledge
----

* Generally a Loner
* Expert Vampire Hunter
* Used to be the Den-Mother for her old Pack

Rumours
----

* She has the highest vampire body count in the UK.
* She was thrown out of her old Pack for accusing her old Alpha of being of the Wyrm.
* People blame her old Alpha's mysterious dissapearence on her.
* There is a bounty on her head set by her old Pack.

Daily Routine
----

* Martial Arts training.
* Patrolling her territory.
* Haunts the local nightclubs on weekends listening to gossip and rumours to find out more about the vampires in the local area.

History
----

[Character History] (The info in here is not to be assumed to be in character knowledge unless specifically told by the player or the ST for a specific reason. This is place to share what you created about your character but it is not absolutely needed. If the character has secrets that may be dangerous you may elect to leave this section blank or to only post part of the history.)

• How old are you? 25
• What was your family life like? She had a good upbringing, her father was Garou and he knew that there was a good chance that she would change some day too, so he kept her in the loop and told her all the tales of the old country. She even met a few pack members too.
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? Her first change happened when against her father's will, she followed him when he went on the hunt with his pack to attack a Spiral nest. It was her father's death that triggered the change. She was 13.
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you? Her wish to see Gaia restored to it's former beauty and to destroy the Wyrm in all its forms.

Quotes  (Entirely optional :P )
----

* Whatever doesn't kill you, had better start running

Soundtrack (Entirely optional :P )
----

* Baby did a bad bad thing ~ Chris Isaak
* The Noose ~ A Perfect Circle
* Sigh No More ~ Mumford and Sons

Attributes
Strength: ***    Dexterity: ****       Stamina: ***
Charisma: **    Manipulation: **   Appearance: ***
Perception: ***   Intelligence: ***   Wits: **

Abilities
Alertness:  ***              Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics: ****                  Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl: ****                      Drive: ***                    Finance:
Dodge: ****                     Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Empathy:                   Firearms:                  Law:
Expression:                Melee: ****                     Linguistics:
Intimidation: ****             Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership: ***              Security:                    Occult: ****
Streetwise: ***               Stealth: ****                     Politics:
Subterfuge: ****              Survival: ****                   Science:

Sabriel

Thank you for your interest WerewolfofLondon   

But did you by any chance actually read the basis for this game ?

I don't think it is going to be the kind of game you are looking for based upon the sheet you have come up with.

I would look elsewhere perhaps since this character would not be one I would allow and well it would not fit in at all with the story.

I mean you would have a difficult time convincing me to accept such a sheet based upon the selection of abilities alone.

Sorry

WerewolfofLondon

I did read the basis and used the profile sheet you provided, but if you would like me to change it then I will. What kind of werewolf would you be looking for?

Xanatos

While I understand the dark world WoD is placed in, I would not be wholly thrilled with the world as Vrag described it. I would prefer it a bit lighter, not to light, just a little lighter. Playing in a world where there is no hope is not even fun. I am not against hardships and such, but being doomed from the get go just defeats the point for me.

Also, I don't believe that any of the supernaturals are doomed to their nature. Humanity always perseveres no matter what and every creature (save for a few), began as human. They still have their thoughts, behaviors, attitudes, and basic humanity. Only the truly weak willed would fully succumb and crumble. Most of humanity strives to adapt, survive, and live on trying to make a life for themselves. So basically my point is our characters, by nature of this very plot, are not your average vamp or werewolf or changeling. They are different, more determined, more willing to adapt. So basically I do not believe we are doomed in any way shape or form. By virtue of who we are shows we have a will to be different than our supernatural natures would otherwise dictate we be.

While I agree that there are going to be some supernaturals that won't take to kindly to the player characters, by en large from what I know of vamp society, is that the Camarilla really could give a damn. They are so self absorbed its a wonder they have lasted as long as they have; the Sabbat from what I was told has so much territory and power its only a matter of time before they simply overwhelm and crush the Camarilla. So the vamp angle really is a none issue, so long as our characters don't make a big fuss or scene.

As for the other supernaturals, really can't say one way or another. Though, just from a general trend I see in WoD, I believe our characters would be seen as pointless to mess with by most, except maybe humans. Because the trend seems to be self absorbed interest, or everyone of the major factions is to focused on killing or holding off their enemies. Basically how I see it, is that we would fall between the cracks and not really be noticed, mostly.

As for my Toreador, I was thinking she could be fairly wealthy and perhaps is the one who owns the house? Perhaps some property? Maybe she owns enough land that is allows them a measure of privacy.

Oh and my car just had a major problem, so until its fixed my focus will be distracted a bit. Having to arrange for rides, perhaps get to my job or school earlier than usual, etc. Thus I might not have as much time or inspiration to really make a character just yet. Shall see what happens.

Sabriel

QuoteI did read the basis and used the profile sheet you provided, but if you would like me to change it then I will. What kind of werewolf would you be looking for?

I would like characters that are not combat monsters and that generally have more of a life and meaning to there existence than hunting down Vampires. This is not a game about traditional characters this is a view upon outcastes of supernatural society who basically wish for some reason or another to be ignored or make an attempt at normal life. I would be looking for werewolves that fit the "Reluctant Garou" thing ones that aren't interested in duty or simply don't see how they can make a difference maybe they just don't know entirely what they are, perhaps there a lost cub.  What I don't want is things that are basically killing machines with no real interest other than killing things, because honestly that's not going to be a focus of this game and if you go around willy nilly killing things the world will make you suffer for it.

QuoteWhile I agree that there are going to be some supernaturals that won't take to kindly to the player characters, by en large from what I know of vamp society, is that the Camarilla really could give a damn. They are so self absorbed its a wonder they have lasted as long as they have; the Sabbat from what I was told has so much territory and power its only a matter of time before they simply overwhelm and crush the Camarilla. So the vamp angle really is a none issue, so long as our characters don't make a big fuss or scene.

I was a bit confused by this statement, I think whoever told you about the Sabbat was either talking about a custom scenario or was a bit deluded. Here is a bit of blurb about the Camarillia, I don't think you could call them self obsessed either as an organization, many of there members might be but as a whole they have a very firm agenda and are very good at what they do. There main agenda is also not akin to suicide, the sabbat idea of freedom is also the worlds worst joke.   

QuoteThe Camarilla is a fictional sect of vampires in Vampire: The Masquerade. The Camarilla are composed of seven clans, and are the largest organization of vampires, and possibly of any supernatural creatures, in the World of Darkness.

Camarilla policy is that vampires should try to fit in with and hide from the rest of humanity, as to easily feed on them. For this reason, they created a web of lies and misinformation, called the Masquerade, to make the public believe that supernatural beings like vampires could not possibly exist. The Camarilla also believes that the only way the vampire species can survive in these modern nights is if it unites—any breach of the Masquerade by any vampire risks exposing the entire race. Both viewpoints are fundamentally opposed by the Sabbat.

The Camarilla also enforces the Eldest as ruling class over the younger vampires.

QuoteAs for my Toreador, I was thinking she could be fairly wealthy and perhaps is the one who owns the house? Perhaps some property? Maybe she owns enough land that is allows them a measure of privacy.

This is fine with me as long as everybody else agrees also althougth obviously there will have to be a reason for the wealth better than I won the lottery or robbed a bank :P 

The world won't be like obviously dark either the World of Darkness is afterall a dark reflection of our world not a reflection of an evil hell where everything is obvious and hopeless.  The Darkness is subtle its not always apparent and it does not come running up to you as soon as you step out your front door. There is certainly hope, but it can sometimes be hard to come by special for some creatures who are confronted with the dark nature of the world. And well there you have part of the reason, Humanity is unaware of the dark world they inhabit as a whole, being just a simple human is easier perhaps than confronting the fact that there are dark forces in the world that your supposed to be one of those or responsible for fighting against them.

I want this to be fun and I am not going to make everyone suffer constantly there may even be some humor and lots of other elements I hope not just constant darkness all of the time crawling from every angle shoving its self down your throat, up your nose and in your eyes. 

You will be able to make a cup of tea without the Wyrm devouring part of your soul, be able go for a walk in a park without a Sabbat pack randomly driving by and assaulting you.  There won't be zombies crawling from every graveyard ghosts in every building :P

Duchess

I think these are not really a necessity in this game; it will take aways all the fun of discovery, like knowing the ending of the story before starting to read:
QuoteNature:
Demeanor:
Concept:
Attributes
Strength:     Dexterity:         Stamina:
Charisma:    Manipulation:    Appearance:
Perception:   Intelligence:     Wits:

Abilities
Alertness:                  Animal Ken:              Academics:
Athletics:                   Crafts:                      Computer:
Brawl:                       Drive:                       Finance:
Dodge:                      Etiquette:                  Investigation:
Empathy:                   Firearms:                  Law:
Expression:                Melee:                      Linguistics:
Intimidation:              Performance:             Medicine:
Leadership:               Security:                    Occult:
Streetwise:                Stealth:                      Politics:
Subterfuge:               Survival:                    Science:
Virtues
Conscience:
Self-control:
Courage:
Humanity:
Willpower:

maybe yes? or not?
QuoteEquipment(carried):
Notes/Home Equipment:

Sabriel

Its not totally a necessity no but I think I have already said that a few times hehe.

Its only if you want to include it as a group really I'm quite happy with whatever and well character bio's would be fine.

Vrag

While the game itself is more free-form, I think totally skipping having character sheets tends to lead to cases of "Well I MIGHT have that ability"...

Duchess

Character Name: Vanya ruraviel
Player: Duchess
Aliases: V, only friends
Creature Type: half-human, half-fairy changeling- Sidhe
Tribe/Clan/Other: House Gwydion
Born: Fae
Legacies:
Orchid:
Quest – escape dangerous situations with your innocence and well-being intact. Ban – never trust a stranger and never reveal yourself to anyone.
Riddler: Quest – confuse and mislead everyone. Ban – never allow people to know who you are.

Concept:
as a half-human, half-fairy changeling, cut off from Arcadia, not quite of this Earth, she is torn between her human and fae nature. If the two natures aren't balanced, the results may be disastrous. The Dreaming, and the spark of inspiration she  need to live, is fading. And she is faced with an increasingly cold and hostile world; she must do whatever she can to preserve both the Dreaming and the others

Merits: Surreal Beauty, Faerie Eternity, True Love, Mass Appeal

Flaws: Curiosity, Hunted, Cleared Mists, Nightmares

Other Supernatural Traits:
Dream-Craft: art of manipulating the raw stuff that the Dreaming is made of. She can change the physical forms within the Dreaming, which can affect the way that freeholds and other sanctuaries of the Dreaming look. It can also affect voile, the chimerical clothing that Changelings wear while in the Dreaming. art of manipulating the raw stuff that the Dreaming is made of. She can change the physical forms within the Dreaming, which can affect the way that freeholds and other sanctuaries of the Dreaming look. It can also affect voile, the chimerical clothing that Changelings wear while in the Dreaming.
Aphrodesia:The fae version of "Love Potion Number 9", ranging anywhere from a decent attraction to the subject willing to kill themselves for the object of their affection.

Description:

Basic Description:
she is one of those effortless cool girls, tall, charming smart and ambitious. She is graceful and elegant, a little naïve to the outside world but very strong minded and passionate. She stands strong behind what she believes in and will fight to the end. Vanya is always hiding behind her small silver rimmed glasses with eyes a light blue ocean of secrets and long wavy blond hair almost covering her face if they are not in a loose bun on top of her head.

Other Description:
vanya is very tall in her true form; at first glance she will look fragile even with her height. but she is strong as a storm and light as a feather which makes it easy for her to escape dangerous situations. She has a head full of long, wavy, blond/platinum hair that always hangs in a ponytail showing off her pointy ears proudly.her beauty is striking, haunting, memorable, and she carry herself with a sublime grace.

Possessions: a illustration of Queen Morganna in the beautiful tones of ivory and burgundy out of a fairy tale book

Common Knowledge:
COMING SOON
* <List what is commonly known about your char here>
* <hit enter and type more stuff>
* <keep going>

Rumors:
* <List what is commonly known about your char here>
* <hit enter and type more stuff>
* <keep going>

Daily Routine:
a normal boring routine of waking up and going to her university and learning.
vanya likes going even when the classes makes her almost fall asleep but being surrounded by people and their dreams or hopes feels like fuel to her soul.
She hardly spends time home and always tries to be surrounded by people.
Her noble and overly confident nature sometimes betrays her and comes to the surface expecting people to bow down to her and do her will which sometimes lead to heated discussions. It  dont happen a lot because she still can control her inner soul. She spends her nights on the computer or in the library searching for people experiencing the same things like her when she is not in her ballet classes.

History
COMING SOON
[Character History] (The info in here is not to be assumed to be in character knowledge unless specifically told by the player or the ST for a specific reason. This is place to share what you created about your character but it is not absolutely needed. If the character has secrets that may be dangerous you may elect to leave this section blank or to only post part of the history.)
• How old are you?
• What was your family life like?
• When did you have when/your Embraced/First Change? Etc
• Where do you live now?
• What motivates you?

Quotes:
Anais Nin:
Dreams are necessary to life
Elizabeth Gilbert:
The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
Norman Cousins:
People are never more insecure than when they become obsessed with their fears at the expense of their dreams.
Marcel Proust:
If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time.

not done yet

Dizzied

I am still interested in this, but I think you guys  might want to start without me.  I'm not sure I will be able to make a character sheet within the next few days.  I should be good by the weekend, though, if that matters.

Xanatos

That version of the Camarilla suits me just fine. -smiles-

Oh, no my wealth would not be robbed or anything like that -laughs-. No I was thinking either inherited wealth or wealth gained through financial genius.

Duchess

Senti

Sabriel

Yep Im still open to this of course I was simply waiting to see what else we had for the house :P

Blitzy

Going to have to pull my interest out of this game. I just don't have the time, and I don't think my ideas of WoD and the ones being played are going to mesh well. :)

Good luck everyone! <3
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Sabriel

Nope although I was starting to think that myself heh I am still looking for interest in it really and happy to run it once we have a group of housemates and agreed location everyone is happy with.

Xanatos

Well I am going to have time later on, so does my concept meet with your approval? If so, I can get going on my character.

Sabriel

I like the idea of a Toreador vampire in the mix but well I am not entirely certain owning the house is appropriate to the story but well that really depends on the concept you come up with and why your wealthy etc.   

Xanatos

I am curious why owning the house is not appropriate. Its not a big deal, though, just curious.

Sabriel

Well I think it would be unfair on the others involved in the story if they did not like the idea basically that and well it would probably make a lot more sense if the place of residence was rented or shared by the group as a whole. If everyone else involved however agrees to you owning the house that is fine, someone did however suggest to me previously that they did not like that idea.

Ultimately it is up to you as a group to decide upon the place of residence and if you wish for it to be owned by one of you then that will have to be decided and agreed upon by all.

Xanatos

Ah I see, that's fine. Well I will wait to make my character then. If too much is up in the air and has to be agreed upon my players, no need making it now.

Sabriel

I will just say we are going with something like this, until anyone else makes any other suggestions or preferences and if someone wants to own the house and nobody has issue with it that is fine.