The Accursed Bloods - A were creature RP

Started by SxyCowgirl, July 08, 2010, 01:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SxyCowgirl

If you were a part of this RP at any time and would like to be again, please go to the The Accursed Bloods - A were creature RP (Recruitment/OOC) - REDONE! thread.

Thank you.
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/
I've not had a chance to update it here as of yet.
Sorry for any delay in responses.
Real life is really rough right now.

SxyCowgirl

"John Sommers is on the scene. John, what is going on there?"

"Thank you Viccy. Right now it is utter chaos as people are fleeing the scene here at Central Park. Ahead of us, a single police officer is daring to enter the park in search of the cause of all of this commotion."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From in the trees, Rosa could hear the reporter both from the large screen and from somewhere behind her just outside of the park. She heard that apparently a police officer was also on their way into the park. Time to brush up on my acting skills. She thought to herself, sighing. It was time to come up with a story for why she was in Central Park, right near where the thing that everyone was afraid of had touched down and why she was naked. that was one of the major drawbacks of her transformations. They usually tore right through her clothes, leaving her completely exposed when she returned to her human form.

Hearing them getting closer, Rosa sat beneath a tree and began to cry, forcing the tears to pour from her eyes. She had her story, and now she was ready.
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/

Starlequin

Valentine Marlar crumpled his empty cheeseburger wrapper and tossed it in the general direction of an overfilled wastebasket as he walked down the street. Not far ahead he could see a crowd growing near one of the entrances to the Park. 'I don't remember any notices for events tonight...' he thought as he ambled closer. It looked like a police blockade was in place, holding back the throng. He moved up to the crowd and stood close to some of the milling looky-loos near the back. His fingers itched with so many backs turned to him, but he held himself in check until he could get a handle on what was going down.

"Hey man, what's goin' on?" Val asked an older, well-off looking gentleman who stood craning his neck beside him. "Someone get murdered or something?"

"Ah, who knows? There was some kind of talk about a creature landing in the Park nearby, people are saying it's a dragon! Can you believe that? Even in this city, people will believe anything..." The old man shook his head, his features a mixture of amusement and disgust as he rose up on his tiptoes for a better view. Valentine noticed the sizable bulge in the old man's back pocket and concealed a grin. He checked around surreptitiously for any do-gooder observers and eased his hand toward the old fellow's back. With practiced ease, his fingers deftly slipped the wallet out of its hiding place and quickly folded it into his own jacket. "Yeah, right. There's a sucker born every minute, huh?" Val said with an amiable smile, and then turned and walked away.

As his distance grew from the crowd, so did his desire to check out his score. But that was a sucker's move, and a lesson he'd learned well. His fingers were positively burning with the completion of a successful lift, and part of him was simply dying to return to the crowd and skim a few more pieces. But that too was an amateur mistake; too many lifts in one spot would get him ID'ed in a heartbeat. He soothed himself with the sure knowledge of future opportunities and walked on.

For a few moments he debated on going back to the scene for an entirely different reason: whatever was going on back there was definitely going to be news. Val would probably catch hell from his editors for not working the 'journalist-on-scene' angle. But, he considered, his job wasn't to cover news. The papers he wrote for hired him for soft articles and reviews only, a few editorials once in a while for variety. Even if he wrote a front-page piece for those buzzards, they'd never give him a by-line.

'Fuck 'em. They've got real reporters; let 'em throw those guys at it. 'Sides, I've already got paid for tonight.'

As the area began to fill with police presence, he sped up his pace and rounded the corner, out of sight.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

SxyCowgirl

With tearful eyes, Rosa looks up at the officer and is surprised. He had a very interesting face and seemed very much like a rodent of some sort with slighly sunken eyes and a thin frame.

"I--I'm alright. M--my boyfriend. That thing landed and he--he ran away and left me." She hid her face in her hands and continued to pretend to cry.

"Viccy. It now seems as though there was a young woman who was close enough to whatever it was to tell us exactly what she saw. Ma'am. Would you please tell us what you saw?" The reporter said, walking over to the officer and the girl.

She looked up out of her hands at the reporter and shot them a look of loathing. She could see that the look made him uneasy. This amused her in the least.

"I--I was here w--with my boyfriend and...something landed right over there" she said, pointing to where she had landed. "and m--my boyfriend saw it a--and ran away and took the car..." She put her head back in her hands and turned away from the camera.

Dreamers Sand

The comic book shop was bubbling casually with its usual one or two customers. It was a small place, with Marvel characters in life size stickers on the walls, and DC characters on the opposing wall. There were several six foot tall shelves, the comics all in perfect condition. Some even had the plastic still on them. The selection was vast, but homey and comfortable. The carpet was carmine red, the walls a deep shade of plum. The counter was a shade of aubergine, and hard with a smooth countertop and glass shelves beneath it, casing some classic favorites inside, as well as some comic cards and whatnot. On the counter was the cash register, a cup that had ''Financial Aid?" written on it, and another cup that had Gunslinger bookmarks in it, readhing "25 cents" on its front. And behind the register was Sienna Rouge.

She stood in a eggplant-colored long-sleeve top. The sleeves fell over almost to her knuckles and the shirt itself hugged her curves, a deep would-be-revealing 'V' cut neck that showed a black tank top beneath. Her pants were a smooth denim worn at the knees and front upper thighs, a shade of rich prussian blue. And her shoes were baby blue Mary Jane heels, closed toe and with a strap over the front along her ankle. The young woman stood with a look of total boredom on her face. Her lips were pursed in curiosity as to what the real world was like, her tongue brushing over her lip ring back and forth and back and forth. Her eyes were cased in smoky combinations of arsenic gray, taupe, and ash gray. Her lashes long, her eyes a smooth shade of rich earthy green that bore flecks of topaz that made them something one could easily get lost in. Her hair was tied back into a low ponytail that let her black smooth locks trickle down her back, availing the simple baby blue sapphire studs in her ears.

One stepped into the shop and was exclaiming something about a dragon in Central Park. Sienna but laughed quietly to herself, tapping her painted dark grey nails against the counter. From inside of the employee lounge, came a tall limber black man. He wore a Green Lantern shirt and black jeans, leaning over Sienna by almost a half foot. He had thick dread locks pulled back and a wide smile, making him look like a geeked out Bob Marley.

"Go on and take break brownie." He said, his thick Jamaican accent pouring over his words as he put a skinny but large hand on her back and gave her a push. She scoffed at his calling her brownie. Azibo found it funny that she was named after brown make-up. But he couldn't offend her too much, Azibo was perhaps her greatest, and maybe even only, friend since she'd moved here.

Sienna shrugged at his suggestion and sighed, moving and picking up a dark red back-back and sliding it over her shoulder, her notebooks and whatnot inside of it. One notebook for her change schedule, one for her diary and notes, one for her dietary schedule. She moved out of the door and began to walk down the road, the cool night air brushing over her bare neck and soothing her tense day. As she walked, she felt something bizarre, a ambulance parking up ahead of her. As she came closer and closer, she looked to see a woman in the park, surrounded by heavy footprints and indentions in the earth. Her head tilted to the side and she watched from a distance, curious as to what was going on. Slowly, but surely, she began to approach though. There was something in her head when she saw this woman, something that told her she was like her. She wondered if she could reach her, talk to her even. Maybe even make up an excuse to get her away from the reporters and whatnot. She was what... her roommate, her sister? She'd come to pick her up when she'd heard about the incident?

But did the woman even want help?

Sienna bit her lip and traced her tongue over her lip ring, bright green eyes studying the woman as she continued to slowly approach.
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

SxyCowgirl

Rosa's hair on the back of her neck stood up, feeling someone else's eyes on her. With a minor shiver, she looked up her steel blue eyes catching the beautiful green ones that were upon her. It was a girl, not too unlike herself with long dark hair. If it weren't for her own almost abnormally dark skin, they could have been sisters. She was sure that the girl would be stopped in her approach by the police barricade that had somehow been put up within a matter of minutes. She had to meet this woman. There was something familiar about her and she wanted to know what it was and why.

Quickly thinking up a plan in her head, she turned and rushed for her. She got to the barricade and the police wouldn't let her through as she had expected. "P--please" She pleaded, her eyes wide and still tearful. "That's my sister." She said, pointing to the girl. The officer looked at the other woman and nodded, allowing the other woman to pass the barricade.

Dreamers Sand

Sienna approached when they let her through, and she knew that there was definitely something to this woman. She came up and said absolutely nothing to anyone as she reached the woman. She dropped her bag and parted it open. Beneath her notebooks she had one outfit for the gym which she had not made time for today because of her late shift. She pulled out the pair of shorts, smelling like the lilac detergent she used. Then she peeled off her deep violet shirt and held it out to her.

"Hey." She said, eyes glancing over at the officer. She returned her gaze and smiled at the woman. "Here you go, I'm sorry that everything went down like this. Let's go home." Sienna's eyes looked up at the officer. "Tell me, are you hurt?" She said. Though her eyes were on him, she was speaking to the other woman. Her gaze switched back, and she held out the long-sleeve top and black jogging shorts for Rosa to take.

"If you're hurt, we can go to the hospital, but it's all up to you."

If not, we'll be heading somewhere, anywhere, to figure out what's going on.

Pandamonium

The night air felt cool against Arturas's skin. He was walking back from a gig he just played at the Common Grounds Coffee house, his acoustic guitar was strapped to his back. He never really made much money doing music but he never really minded. He loved music and it made enough for him to pay his rent and survive so it was good enough for him. Arturas was only about 10 minutes from his apartment. His place over looked Central Park, he had to be somewhere close to some sort of wild life, and Central Park was as 'wild life' as New York had to offer. It was sufficient enough, he made trips out to state and national forests as often as he could.

While in the middle of his thoughts a crowd of people shoved past him, both coming and going from the direction of his apartment. Arturas asked a woman heading towards the park what all the commotion was. She was too frantic for him to understand her clearly. All he got was bits and pieces, something about a giant creature in the park and police and a live camera crew. His interest was peeked. He'd have to deal with the noise regardless since he lived so close, he might as well see what it was all about.

When Arturas got to the scene there were giant crowds all around the perimeter of the park, blocked off by police. Arturas pushed his way through the crowd, his guitar sending off toned musical notes when he'd brush up against someone. I'm gunna have to re-tune it when I get home... When he got to the front of it all police told him he could not pass and was restricted access to the park. He looked off in the distance, past the cops, there was a smaller group of people off to the side of an ambulance. There were two girls there, one almost naked. He couldn't make out too much more than that.

Starlequin

Val was almost three blocks away before he surrendered to the urge to check out his score. He ducked into a nearby alley and leaned against a mostly clean wall, and pulled out the wallet. It was nice, smooth and clean, and it certainly felt expensive. 'Hello, rent money!' he thought as he lightly stroked the leather. His fingers picked through the inner pockets and found...nothing. No cash, no credit cards, nothing but a driver's license and a few pictures of the old guy with (Valentine presumed) his grandkids. He slammed his fist into the bricks in frustration, and shoved himself off the wall. Honestly, who the hell didn't carry at least a few bucks in New York?! It was just downright inconsiderate!

Val gave himself a few moments to cool down, and shoved the wallet back in his jacket. A few moments more saw his decision to return to the park; the urge for the night not to be completely wasted was simply too strong to ignore. Perhaps he could make another lift if the crowd was still healthy, or maybe he could get something on the disturbance for tomorrow's print. Either way, Val refused to return home empty-handed tonight.

He left the alley and broke into a light jog as he made his way back to the park. The crowd was indeed starting to disperse, but the police presence was still going strong. 'Lifting's out. Investigation it is, then.' He circled around the area, avoiding the outer ring of cops that had almost certainly noticed him leaving earlier; it wouldn't do for them to start getting curious about a guy coming and going from a crime scene. He eased through the blockades and dug his press pass out of his back pocket, pinning it on his jacket as he moved.

He probably should have left the pass in his pocket; it only served to draw attention to him faster. Mere seconds after he'd pinned it in place, a cop stopped him and started hassling him.

"Hey, pal, where do you think you're goin'? This's a crime scene, you can't just go trompin' around in there!" Val smiled a little to himself and fell into full reporter mode. He whipped out a small notepad and withdrew an uncapped pen from its bent spiral. "Really, officer? A crime scene? So, would you care to comment on what, exactly, happened here? There have been a lot of reports about a quote-unquote 'large, ferocious creature'; some are even calling it a dragon, I understand. Surely the NYPD isn't going to allow rumors like that to circulate unabated? Would you like to set the record straight?" The cop blanched at the onslaught of questions and shoved Val out of the way; like most cops, the poor fellow was obviously deathly allergic to journalists. "Ah, no comment!" The cop shouted as he turned away and stormed off. Valentine couldn't resist teasing him a little, and called out as he walked away. "Thanks a lot, officer, your assistance is greatly appreciated!"

Val tapped the pen against the pad and took a quick look around. He was virtually surrounded by cops and emergency responders, but none were paying him the slightest bit of attention. He inhaled, slow and deep, and willed himself to morph. Not much, barely even enough to notice.

But enough to give him some insight on the night's events.

His eyes released a soft, golden glow, and he bowed his head to prevent anyone catching sight of the light. His senses sharpened, and instantly he could hear the details of every ongoing conversation for almost two blocks. He licked his lips and tasted the city, heat and flesh and steel and gasoline, asphault and chewing gum and birdshit and fresh-cut grass and rubber. The world's presence telescoped above and around him, and filled him with information. His nose detected definite reptilian odors emanating from the park...and somewhere else.

He traced the thread of the scent from the park, just inside a small grove of elm, to a thicket of bushes nearby where it...changed, somehow. It became less swampy, less earthy, and a new smell intermingled with it. The new smell was almost...human. He turned in circles, careful not to bump into any of the passing officers, and followed the mixed scent. His nose led him to a nearby ambulance. No...it led him to one of the women outside the ambulance, talking to another cop.

Valentine shuffled out of the crowd and walked over, suppressing his abilities once again. The world returned to normal (well, as normal as it ever got), and he stopped a few feet away from the women, pretending to take notice of something else. He felt pretty confident he wouldn't be able to get near either of them while the cop was around, but he could wait. Patience was a virtue, and almost the only one he possessed.

As he loitered just outside everyone's sphere of attention, he couldn't help noticing that both women were striking. Hell, they were two of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. It took nearly all of his discipline not to turn and stare at them openly, but he managed--barely--to uphold his 'casual observer' facade. He slipped further around the ambulance, out of sight as the cop began wrapping things up.

"...come downtown to the station." The cop turned and called to the others working the perimeter, "You can let them through once she's dressed!"

Valentine felt his inner newshound squeal with delight. '"once she's dressed"? What was she doing naked in Central Park to start with? Oh, this might net me a by-line after all!'

Pandamonium

His key's jingled in his pocket as he made his way to the third floor. He fumbled with his keys to get the correct one. As he pushed the door to his apartment open he put the guitar down on the stand and flipped the lights on. He had a very modest home with nothing but the bare essentials. The only real luxury he had (aside from a few musical instruments) was a small tv that sat at the head of the room. The room had an old, poorly upholstered, couch and a few chairs. His living room had a small kitchen attached to the corner. A few cupboards, a sink, stove, and an empty counter top. A very simple lifestyle. Arturas grabbed a chair and shuffled to the window that over looked the park. He didn't know what it was, but there was something very compelling about that nights events.

He flipped on the tv, not really looking at it, keeping his place by the window. He never really watched tv too much, he just liked it for a background noise. Arturas was lost in thought. This whole 'enormous creature' thing was stirring, but for some reason his mind always went back to those girls. There was the obvious, like of course both of them were quite beautiful and one girl was almost naked....but that wasn't it. The thought kept nagging at the back of his thoughts.

In the background he heard the tv.
A reporter had found someone who supposedly witnessed the landing.
"...said that you've seen the beast?"
The man was very lanky, with a scruffy beard. " YES! The damn thing had 8 legs! Its tail had spikes all over it as big as my arm!! It swung at me a few times too!!! I don't know what the hell the thing wa" *CLICK*

Gah..Can't listen to this crap. He knew that this...obsession...would bother him for some time. He had to know why he couldn't stop seeing those girls in his head. "Awwwww...damnit." Arturas said while tying his boots tighter. He turned the lights off and locked up again, as he set out to look around the park. Maybe something there would put his mind at ease...or worsen it..either way he had to figure out why.

SxyCowgirl

Rosa smiled at the girl and gently took the clothes from her hand. They weren't the dresses she was used to wearing, but when one was naked with nothing, one could not be picky.

"Thank you." She said. Quickly she put on the shorts underneath the police man's jacket and then slipped on the shirt, removing the jacket only as she pulled it down over herself. Having been in similar situations in the past, she had adapted and learned tricks like this to minimize visibility. As she finished, a light breeze picked up and a new scent floated on the wind. She turned to see a young man looking around the park, seemingly aimlessly to anyone else who saw. She watched him out of the corner of her eye and saw him look at her and the other girl, the same curious glint in his eye as the officer had had.

He must have been another. These people truly were attracted to her somehow, their blood somehow knowing what she was; a Source Accursed Blood. She smiled and handed the jacket back to the police officer.

"Thank you for your kindness. I am alright, though I think we would both appreciate it if you would escort us home." She said, glancing back at the other girl with a smile and a look that asked her to play along. After a moment, she turned to the man who had been observing the situation, with a pen and paper in his hands. "And I assume you are a reporter correct?" She said, a new coolness in her tone.

Starlequin

Val froze in his tracks as she turned her attention on him. "And I assume you are a reporter, correct?" She asked, shards of ice forming in her silky voice. For a moment he pretended to look around, as though she were talking to someone behind him, but he could tell she wasn't buying. He cracked a smile and stepped forward, scratching behind his ear with the pen before leaning up against the ambulance and spreading his hands lazily. He wondered if the cop had caught the look that passed between the women, but decided it didn't really matter.

"Heh, guilty. So, uh, would you care to make a statement concerning your involvement in tonight's disturbance, or-" "Hey, buddy, the lady's had a bad night. She doesn't need some vulture hassling her about it, got it? So back off." The cop broke in, eyeing him sternly. Val looked the cop over and decided the guy was probably serious. He shrugged and backed off a couple steps, and looked back to the women. Damn, they were hot! 'Focus, dammit. If you want to ogle chicks, there are bars for that all over town. Now close this down and get out of here!'

Valentine reached into his jacket, slowly in case the cop decided to get a little more protective, and withdrew a pair of small, smooth white cards. He flicked them between his first and middle fingers, and handed one to each of the ladies with a flourish. "Just in case either of you decide you'd like to talk...or ah, heh, anything else for that matter...just give me a call. Anytime." He nodded to the women and, largely ignoring the cop, turned and walked away.

As he left, he glanced back over his shoulder to catch both of them studying his card. There wasn't much to see: smooth matte finish, double-sided. On the front, only his name, 'Valentine Marlar', embossed in a neoclassic script. On the flip, only his number, 555-2287. He smiled and kept walking.

Pandamonium

The crowd was scarce now. The only people there were a few reporters getting there late and the people they were interviewing. Most of the cops had already left. Arturas now slipped into the park with ease. There was no body there, as he expected. He was just going to assume not many people would come back to that section of central park for sometime. He let his powers slide a bit, heightening his senses, but nothing too major, his body size also increased a little making him look more..bulky, and his nails grew thicker, longer, and sharper. When his senses heightened, Arturas could smell a hundred different lingering scents drifting in the air. He walked out and pieced out the smells that were of no use. Reporters, eye witness, trash bins, candy wrappers, dogs. He could smell it now. Something odd. Something....foreign. He followed the scent till he stood before a giant lumbering foot print..the landing he presumed. Arturas was led by the tracks and the smell, till the tracks got small and disappeared. The smell definitely was still there just...different. It was altered so it seemed. Which was odd.

The aroma he had been following led to those girls. The previously naked one had been fully clothed now. The two of them were talking to a reporter, the cop seemed to refuse to leave them at the moment...How peculiar. Arturas stood in the shadows behind a tree, out of sight from anyone...well he hoped at least.  He couldn't hear what they were talking about but he sure wasn't going to leave now.

Dreamers Sand

Sienna came to a stand from her slightly bent form, and she shrugged her shoulders, assuring her back-pack was both zipped up and back on her back once more. Her eyes traveled over the officer as he offered to escort them home. Her own hand reached out, touching gingerly to the woman's back as she looked up. There were several people here. People who ... seemed... like them. The young woman turned and spotted all of them. Some with journals, some with eyes set on them. Others that were just wandering about, coming and going. She blinked, unable to really be able to define them all from everyone else as the feelings were vague and she'd never experienced them before. She could only truly hope she'd finally found others like herself.

Turning away, she took a few steps from the scene, hoping the woman and the officer would tag along, and whoever else was going to join this crowd of crazy tonight.

"By the way officer, my name is Sienna." She said, her lime colored eyes slipping back to find Rosa's to acknowledge it all.

SxyCowgirl

Stopping, Rosa turned back and looked back to the reporter. "He should come too. He won't report on any of this if I ask him nicely I'm sure." She said. She wanted to be sure she knew where each of them lived in this city. Word was beginning to spread around the world about their kind and they were to all be hunted down and killed on sight. She had taken it upon herself to ensure that as many of her kind would survive as possible.

"The other man should join us as well." She said, stepping back through the barricade towards the journalist and the other man who had shown up seemingly out of nowhere. If there was anything she was good at, it was reading auras and energies, and the ones being emitted from all of the people who had approached her, were substantially larger in size and stronger than most.

Walking past the reporter, she glanced at him, a smirk on her lips and a 'follow me' look in her eyes, and walked over to the newest person and stood directly in front of him.

"You should come with us too." She said to him, taking one of his hands in hers.

((By the way guys, it seems that everyone here is doing some sort of God Mod, which is against the rules if I'm not mistaken. Honestly, I don't mind it as long as you ASK the person who's character you're wanting to control BEFORE you start controlling them. Thanks.))

Pandamonium

Arturas was still in the shadows when they were about to move along. He had full intentions of following. As soon as they were about to leave the previously naked woman turned around and walked in his directions as if she knew he was there the whole time.

"You should come with us too." She said to him, taking one of his hands in hers. Her eye's pierced his and everything about them told him to come with her. She seemed to pull him in, curiosity overflowed and he let her take him where ever she was going. He didn't say anything just let her grip pull him along. He didn't care where they were going, just to understand why he had some sort of pull to her and the others.

SxyCowgirl

She led him back over to the journalist and she smiled up at him. "I think it would be best if we all leave here together." She said. She continued along back to the barricade. She knew they would follow her, and that was what she was counting on.

If she wanted to unite all the creatures here that she could, she had to do it quickly before word of their existence here. She had been lucky to find the ones she had so far. Now she needed a safe place for them to meet to move to the strong hold where she had lived for years. It was the safest place. Very few knew of it's existence and it was better than any man-made bomb shelter. But she would have to convince them to leave the place they had lived in for most of their lives, or so she assumed. The biggest challenge for her was not finding them, it wasn't keeping them under the radar, no. It was convincing them to leave the places they called home to go with her to a cave. It as a spacious cave, plenty of small rooms that she had furnished. Windows, kitchen, plenty of food, and hopefully soon to be full of good company. Despite all that, it was still a cave and would take some getting used to.

Starlequin

Val stood rooted to his spot as the beauty in the gym shorts walked past him. "I think it would be best if we all leave here together," she said before walking back to the others at the barricade. He lifted a finger at her and was about to protest, but all that came out was a spluttering stammer. "Hey...you...but,...where...there's...wha?" he finished lamely as she sauntered away.

'Oh, very smooth, Valentine. A genuine Casanova, you are. And what do you do for a living? Something with words, right? Maybe you should put your tongue back in your mouth before you trip on it some more, huh?' He took a slow, deep breath and shook his head, rolling his eyes the way he always did when he realized he was a moron, and followed after her.

As he reached the small group that had formed around her, he noticed that each of them was definitely different than the average New Yorker. He searched for a way to explain it, but failed miserably; there was no way to explain it. They just felt...off. Or rather, they felt more on than anyone else he'd ever met. It was the only way he could describe it. Val glanced around the little band, and noted that the cop was still there, having been joined by a young-ish man with spiky hair and heavy boots. He met their eyes and was startled by the sudden sense of familiarity, of connection. For half a heartbeat he thought of the notepad in his pocket, but something told him this was more than news. This had the makings of something....personal.

Petrosity

Despite all of her excitement to see the Big Apple for the first time in over a century, Vye could do little more than maintain her breathing as she traveled down Broadway to her hotel. The extended limousine was exquisitely furnished and the spacious seating appeared to comfortably house a dozen people on its black leather benches. However, Vye felt like she was stuck inside of a mobile shoebox. She felt so constrained that she would hardly move. Trapped inside of her ephemeral prison, Vye watched the city lights glimmer in the evening sky with the hope that she would be outside beneath its starry radiance momentarily.

Vye had almost forgotten about her irrational fear of small spaces when she had decided to travel to New York City from Picardy, France. Rumors had reached France of the eradication of those monsters who could shift forms between animal and human. The thought made Vye sick with anger. The vary ability that enabled her family to heal the sick for hundreds of millennia, the government now wanted to exterminate from the planet as an annoyance and blight to humanity. She wouldn’t stand for it. Other rumors had also filtered in through most of Europe that the largest group of Accursed were taking residency in New York City. Vye had taken an eight hour flight on a prayer that she could be able to find others like herself and fight against the government.

However, all of Vye’s drive and ambition currently rested in her shoes with her stomach. She clutched her forehead with her fingertips, trying to keep herself secure as the vehicle traveled along the multi-laned streets. She had wanted to be near the center of the city, and she couldn’t think of a better place than on Broadway at the On the Avenue Hotel. She would only a block from Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum, and much more, but she was starting to regret that decision as the long drive from the airport was wearing on her soul. She knew she didn’t have much longer to go as they neared the Park, but that notion didn‘t help settle her frazzled nerves.

Suddenly, a very familiar yet foreign smell brought Vye from her pseudo-anxiety attack. She wasn’t good at sensing people, especially in new places, but it was one smell that she could never forget. It was as old as time and seemed to carry her back home. There was another dragon somewhere nearby. Vye’s initial ambition flooded her being as she desperately tried to focus on the scent of her distant cousin. For once, Vye was happy that the traffic was slow as she attempted to pinpoint the smell her kindred. She needed to find them, whoever they were, to join the fight against ignorance and save other blooded from certain destruction.
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

SxyCowgirl

Rosa smiled and looked from one of the people to the next. "We need to find a place where we may speak freely. No fear of being heard." Though she was confident and glad to have already found others, she did not know New York City well enough to know where they could talk without being overheard by someone.

She began walking out towards the street and was met with a scent of sea water, wisdom, and old wood. A scent she hadn't had the pleasure of experiencing for many, many years. She recognized it of a family she had visited for a short time. A family where the Source Accursed Bloods came from the sea. A family of healers by the name of Laurent. Though not quite the same make-up nor strength of the Laurent she had met, it was unmistakable.

Pandamonium

"I have a place near by, it's kind of small but it might do. The tenants in the other apartments beside me are gone so no one can over hear." Arturas suggested when he finally found his voice again. He glanced over the others and stared deeply at them trying to size them up, and just like Rosa, ever one else was a bit different than anyone he's met.

He was too dazed by her presence that he didn't even realize he was still slightly morphed. Arturas pushed his abilities back enough to get rid of his claws, hoping that the night would conceal them and no one noticed. His sense of smell was still active just dulled a bit more, and his size was still a bit more bulky, he dared not to change something that noticeable in front of them though.

Petrosity

After ten minutes of concentration in the idling limo, Vye was finally able to locate the exact area of the scent. Vye’s heart seemed to leap into her throat. She was only three blocks away from another dragon. She had never seen any other dragons besides those in her family. Her mother and grandmother had told her stories about other beasts that were gifted with similar abilities, like dragons, bulls, and selkies. Despite the stories, Vye knew that there was very few individuals that possessed the ability to shift at all. She wanted to learn all she could about those who could shift forms, and quickly, to assess their strengths in the coming days.

Vye felt as though her prayers had been answered. She emphatically pushed the call button for her driver. She was bubbling with excitement as she spoke, “Monsieur Driver, if you would be so kind as to turn the auto around, s'il vous plait? I believe I saw my friend on the last bend.” She smiled brightly to herself, anxiously waiting the reply of her driver. She knew that her request was not as simple as it sounded. For one, the car wasn’t moving, and for two, turning around required lapping around a few blocks, but she simply could not have “NO” as an answer.

The driver made a grumbling noise, as if trying to fumble words to attempt to explain why that wouldn’t be possible. “No, no. Monsieur Driver, you must turn the limo around this instant, at the next light,” she calmly interrupted with her French accent lightly coloring each word with a foreign flavor, “I’m sure you’re a fully competent American and capable of doing your duty of providing my passage. I wish to turn around, now. Do not make me repeat myself, Monsieur.” There was another grumble at the other end of the intercom before the static abruptly gave way to silence. She waited a moment longer almost glaring at the button. Vye would have his job if he ignored her. A moment later, Vye heard the familiar clicking of the blinkers. The driver was trying to make a turn. She settled back into her seat happily with the first true relief she felt since leaving France. Everything was going to be okay, she could feel it, she hoped.

Dreamers Sand

Sienna was quiet, the only sound heard from her as she moved was the clicking of her periwinkle Mary Janes on the street and sidewalk. She had her arms folded across her chest, her lime colored hues drifting up to the sky as she listened to the light lull of conversation. She seemed to slowly tread back, now only two feet behind them, but it was a good distance to her. She took in long, steady breaths, completely quiet beyond her own betraying shoes. She licked her lip, tongue tracing over the cool steel of the lip ring, as she raised her eyes. Her hues scanned over the others and she simply followed along.

I wonder if they are like me. Can they shift? Man, life is like a comic book afterall.

"I'm fine with that plan." Sienna finally spoke up, her voice very relaxed and soothing as she looked over everyone, unsure of how her little input would be taken.

Petrosity

It took the better part of ten minutes to get into the turning lane to begin the tedious movements of turning around in the middle of New York traffic. Vye quietly snickered to herself as she heard the driver making obscene shouts at the other drivers as they crossed multiple lanes of traffic. She didn’t enjoy such fowl language, but she wasn’t one to complain at the moment as the driver was taking on her difficult request. After taking several left turns and down a few blocks, the limousine had successfully turned around. A grumble came through the speakers, “Just let me know when you see them, Miss Laurent…” Vye smiled to herself. She seemed to have unknowingly ruined the driver’s day. She chuckled.

With a smile still lingering on her pink lips, Vye closed her eyes and tried to concentrate once more. The other dragon’s scent wasn’t hard to find again. Vye subconsciously passed the hundreds of human smells, weaving in and out of them, as she finally came across the familiar scent of her own kin. The car was within a block of the other dragon among a group of people. She’d have to push her way through the crowd to find her, but Vye had expected that. So many people still littered the streets, despite the hour and New York’s infamous crime rate.

As the limo neared, Vye spoke into the microphone, “You may pull over now. They are just up the street a little.” Vye heard the blinker once again pop on. She quickly cleared off the seat next her, placing her purse on the floor, and threw on her light blue chiffon scarf. Despite her scarf, the rest of her attire was actually appropriate for the cool evening. She buttoned the last button of her coat as limo lurched to a stop.  Vye attempted to compose herself with assurance that she could do this, and to get out of the car.

Once the door was open, Vye walked down the block to where she had pinpointed the scent and discovered that the dragon was with the group of people she had smelled earlier. Vye hesitated, not wanting to interrupt. She sighed and reminded herself that she did not fly half way around the globe to stand around waiting for something to happen. She ushered her courage again and stepped towards the crowd of people, her boots noisily sounding against the cold concrete with a sharp clack. “Hello. I’m Genevieve Laurent of Picardy, and I’m looking for…” the words flew out of Vye mouth with such zeal to only end as dry as fish in the desert as she realized that she didn’t know exactly who she was looking for, let alone their name. She stood there, mouth agape, stunned by her utter lack of common sense. 

Starlequin

Val fell into step a few feet behind the rest of the band, not far from the long-sleeved girl with the MJs. As they moved, he took another chance to look the others over, playing a game that had always amused him and kept his mind clear while he was working. His eyes traveled from face to face, deciding which ones looked like what animals, or what celebrities. No famous look-alikes in this group, but he was picking up definite creature similarities. The spiky-headed fellow with the heavy boots reminded him of a canine. A wolf, maybe, or some kind of hunting dog? And the cop. He didn't risk too long a glance at him, but the fellow definitely seemed rodent-like. Mary Janes beside him was harder to place. She had an air of willowy grace, and the way that tongue darted out put Val in the mind of some kind of reptile. It seemed almost offensive to compare such a lovely woman with any sort of slimy lizard, but he had to call them as he saw them. Besides, it wasn't like he was going to walk up to her and call her a snake or something to her face, now was it?

The woman from the park was a different story, though. Even though he'd looked her straight in the face at least twice, he still couldn't recall any of her features except those beautiful, haunting eyes. It was against the rules of his private game to compare people to mythical creatures, but after racking his brain he'd failed utterly to envision any documented species she might have resembled. He soon gave up and returned his attentions to more pressing matters of thought. What did she want to talk about? Why was privacy so important? And who did she think was planning to overhear? Spiky-head offered up his apartment as a gathering place, and Mary Janes voiced a rather timid assent. Valentine merely offered a quiet shrug indicating his complacency, and turned just in time to see a long stretch limo stop a ways down the block. A young girl stepped out and approached them, seemingly hesitant to interrupt, then appeared to gather her resolve and march toward them. As she introduced herself and suddenly drew up short, obviously at a loss for words, Val smiled quietly to himself.

'Damn if this night doesn't get more interesting by the minute...'