News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Vi perked up as she leaned against the counter as yet another new customer came into the store. She lifted her hand, waving slightly. "Hello sir, I can help you here." Not that it was really her job to shuffling people towards her, everyone took their turn at the register, well everyone just about, not Ally overly often.

The raven haired girl was slightly bored honestly, Ari had been talking to the man that was now looking after her curiously, a little black book in his hands. That must be the thing Ariella had been carrying around all week. Cute that, but Vi didn't do cute overly much. She was idly playing a paint brush, her eyes taking in the shape and structure of this man's body. He would be fun to draw she thought. Interesting at least. Her dark green eyes were curious, but half lidded, still in that half asleep state that she seemed to float through life in most of the time.

Solaine

Phaedra sipped her coffee and sighed happily.  It was so worth sneaking out of the house for!

Then, in reply to Ari’s offer, she stammered in pleasure,  “I’d love to have you as a friend, if you’ll have me as yours.”  Friends… for the longest time she had resisted the idea of having friends.  She had never thought she could have the luxury of one.  Who would want her as a friend?  Maybe, if Ari knew what she was, where she was from, she wouldn't be so quick to offer...

But she found herself extending her hand to enclose the other woman’s, smiling.  “My name is …is Phaedra Calantha.”  It was the closest she could find that matched her Atlantean name, and saying it felt strange on her tongue… and in saying it, she was planting the seed of her new life in the soil of this world.

While Ari talked to Tom, she let her eyes wander curiously over the rim of her coffee mug around the shop , her ‘little while’ stretching into more as she watched the customers and other employees enter.  She smiled tentatively at the raven-haired, blue-eyed customer, and waved at Ally as she came in. 

To Sophie, she said with a friendly smile, patting the seat of the chair next to her. “Hi, would you like to sit down here?”  She had had enough of her own company during the day for the past week, so now she was making the very conscious choice to grab whoever might be hapless enough to be in her vicinity!

“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

anon

Ally came out from the back of the kitchen, in her hand a sugared podium of two figures that had the odd resemblance of Ari and Tom, surrounded by small birds. Grinning, she placed it on the counter and waited for Ari to reappear to begin the show. After all, it was no fun teasing someone that wasn't there. Even so, the birds began chirping in a melody that sounded oddly suspicious of: "Kiss the Girl."

"Hi Vi." She waved to the girl as her eyes landed on the new customer. She tilted her head, golden bells jingling. Her skirt was purple today, a white lace apron worn over it with the words, "Kiss the Chef" in neon pink. "Hi there." She wiggled her fingers at the newcomer. "How are you today?"

Noticing Phaedra, she waved to her with a bright smile. "Enjoying yourself?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

orangeredsun

Rummaging in the sack, Benjamin looked for his list. After several moments he found it, unfolded it and put it straight in his face as he side stepped to the woman at the counter who had spoke to him, “I need…” his eyebrows furrowed, was it bread? It kind of looked like a loaf of bread but then it also looked like it might be a squirrel. Wait..she wouldn’t be asking for a squirrel here. Bread it was!

“I need,” he began again, “A loaf of bread, an half pound of peppermints and uh…hot cocoa for myself since I don’t get out much…wait,” he shook his head, “I wasn’t suppose to read out the last part. Umm…hot bread, peppermints and I guess the hot cocoa so I don’t get in trouble…please,” he smiled and then looked to the woman who past him.

“I’m very good thank you,” he said, remembering just then to take his hat off.
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

anon

Ally grinned, leaning on the counter again. "Well, I'm sure Vi can help you out with most of it. I just know sugar and chocolate. Take a seat while you wait though. What kind of peppermint would you like?" She tilted her head and gestured at the multi-colored jars. She winked as she slips on a pair of gloves to handle the peppermints. "You name it and bribe me enough and I might try creating something interesting. I'm Ally, by the way."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Vi smiled, seeing how the man was looking down at a list. Was he out doing stuff for his family? That was sweet, in an odd way at least, made Vivian almost miss her family. But not overly much at least, she nodded. "Okay, just our normal house bread okay?" She turned and got out a bag, using tongs to tug out a fresh loaf that Ari had stocked just this morning.

Water was just behind her, steaming in the extra coffee pot and she pulled down a mug, pouring a spoonful of chocolate down into the bottom before putting the water in and stirring, humming softly under her breath as she did so. "Marshmallows?"  She inquired with a smile, before finally deciding to speak her mind, her eyes opening a touch more. "You have a really nice facial structure...do you think I could steal a sketch of you?"

orangeredsun

“Um…” he looked down at his list and then back at her, “I guess so. It’s the kind my mother usually gets here. I suppose if I had a look of it I would know what it was,” he smiled, hopeful that he could see it before it was wrapped. Like he was going to make a grab for it. He only lived a couple of blocks away and the police would know he was the bandit by being the tall guy with the stripped shirt. Eeep, and he was wearing a black and white shirt today too. Benjamin was already on the verge of looking like a man that just sprung out of jail.

His thoughts distracted him but it looked like he had been asked a question. His mind searched for what his ears had heard then finally got what she said. Nodding a couple of times, he responded, “Yes miss. Marshmallows will do fine.”

That question was easy the other one gave him even more confusion than the list had. Steal from him? Was she hinting that he was going to steal? He really shouldn’t have worn this shirt today.

“Pardon miss? I don’t do any sketches that you can take. But thank you on liking my face..structure. But you’ll probably want to thank my parents more on that one.”

Link to Tug of War Story

Wistful Dream

Vivian laid it out on the paper they normally wrapped it up in "So is this right then?"She asked her hands touching on the edge of the paper, ready to wrap it up neatly before they went back to her apron and dusted themselves off to fetch the marshmallows, careful to keep her green dress clean as well.

She poured mini ones into the chocolate and offered up the cup to him before laughing softly, smiling as her eyes crinkled with her chuckle. "No I meant, would you mind if I sketched you? I'm an artist, or at least, try to be.." She used her free hand to gesture to the wall behind her, the mural "I do that in my down time here."

Kurzyk

He looked down slightly as she mentioned that his writing had touched her. He had only shared it once to a love long ago who had since passed this life. A prick of sadness stung his heart as his thoughts flew to freer days of his youth, when the sun held a thousand memories and each breath was a joy.

"I.. thank you." he smiled. For a reason he didn't understand he didn't mind that she read it. In fact he felt a strange compulsion to share more with her. He saw them walking in the park holding hands and sharing their hearts; sun shining through the marigolds and maple trees; a slight breeze carressing its branches shining beams of sun across the ground...

Sam's face flashed in his mind. Her image shook him and he suddenly remembered his life and turned away from her. What was he thinking! He quickly composed himself as she asked him if he wanted anything.

"Oh yes," Tom said and looked around the shop. "I'll have an espresso black." Her look surprised him. Something had distracted her.
As she walked off to the kitchen he found a place at one of the tables and placed his briefcase on one of the chairs. Unbuttoning his suit jacket he sat and looked around. Business had picked up as more customers had come in.

He opened his poetry book and smiled to himself.

My love Is a flower
Upon which thy grace
Warms my heart.

He ran his hand along the page then closed it and watched the people milling about.

Mithlomwen

Sophie smiled at everyone who's eyes she met, and glanced at Vi when she spoke to her.  "Well I would say yes, but I'm kind of new here so I don't really know what you have.  What would you suggest?"  It all smelled so good Sophie doubted if she'd be able to make up her mind.  

Her gaze shifted to the beautiful woman offering her a seat and smiled.  "I'd like that very much thank you.  Just let me get something to munch on and I'll join you."  
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

anon

Ally lifted a shoulder at the lack of answer and went over to scoop out a half-pound of regular peppermint before handing it to Benjamin, turning her attention to the rest of the shop.

It was full, a refreshing change from their unsteady beginning. The birds started chirping again in answer to her subconscious glee. She snapped her fingers and glowered a little at them. "Hush." She murmured before scanning over the shop again, looking for anyone looking lost.

Drawing in a deep breath, she fair shouted, with all of her usual lack of observation for common courtesy. "Anyone need help?!"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Ariella finished pulling out the muffins and cookies, arranging them on the racks before carrying two of them out into the main room, placing them into the case. She smiled over at Tom, glad to see he was just sitting still for now. A Expresso right, she got a cup and poured it, taking a plate with two fresh snicker doodles on it.

Then she walked slowly over to him, glancing over at Pheadra and feeling worried that she might be rude before she saw another female sitting down. So she came to a stop in front of Tom's table and laid the plate and cup down. "Here you go, I thought you might like some of these cookies, they are my favorites" She offered with a bright smile.

anon

Ally dash over to Tom's table, dragging the sugar creation with her.

She placed the sugar sculptures on the table and the figures began dancing in a slow waltz as the birds twittered, their faces close and hands about each other. Ally winked at Tom before raising her eyebrows suggestively at Ari. "On the house." Giggling, she moved back to the counter to watch their reactions.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

Leaning forward he looked to the bread and gave a nod, “That’s the one she always has out. I just hope she wasn’t looking for something different today or I’ll have to come back straight away,” he sounded more like he was fifteen than a thirty year old. But his mother was not in the best of health and didn’t one go straight to childhood when fearing for their parents? Maybe for some. Definitely for Benjamin.

Turning his head, he smiled to the lady who had asked him how he was doing and took the peppermints from her, “Thank you, miss.”

Going to the one with the bread, he really should just properly introduce himself, he found her to be laughing…maybe at him. Oh, she was an artist. Good, Benjamin didn’t think he would last in jail. No matter how much he could look like a bear.

“I wouldn’t mind at all. I have time now if that is what you mean,” he started diving in his pocket, “How much do I owe first?”

Link to Tug of War Story

Kurzyk

He smelled the fresh coffee and sniffed the air above the cup. "Mmmm," he closed his eyes enjoying the moment.

He picked up one of the cookies and smiled at her. "Well, it's been a while since i've had anything sweet." He thought about it for a moment. What would be the harm? After all he was in good shape and it seemed to make her happy. Her smile made him feel... sporting, like a young kid discovering he can climb trees for the first time.

"Why not," he grinned at her and took a bite. The sweet taste filled his mouth. He relished the bite quite surprised at his reaction. He used to have a sweet tooth several years ago, but too many late nights working and handling the woes of healthcare had driven him to bitter caffeinated drinks and occasional potato chips.

"Thank you," he said while chewing. "They're delicious!"

He continued, "I used to like cookies but..." His attention was diverted as a young lady suddenly appeared at his table with blackish hair streaked with blue. Before he could comment on the bells jingling from her hair, he saw... two sugar stone figures on the edge of the table... dancing?

He blinked his eyes and looked down at his espresso cup, then at the cookie he was eating wondering if he was hallucinating. The figures resembled him and ... her? A blush passed over his face as he thought, Oh brother, this is getting way out of hand. He must be tired and with the stresses of the inspection coming up it was no wonder. He looked back up at Ari and smiled, attempting to ignore the oddity at the edge of the table.

Solaine

So many people in the small shop now!  With the smell of coffee right under her nose fighting with cinnamon and peppermint and fresh-baked bread for attention, she breathed in deeply.  This was Earth!

She nodded smilingly to Sophie, waiting, crossing her long legs and leaning back in her corner of the shop, content to watch with interest.  And laughed at Ally’s animated new creation, shaking her head in admiring wonder at the woman’s gift.  Her own Wasabi, the sugar turtle, sat on her bedside table, and sometimes she could swear its head popped out when she wasn’t looking!
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

anon

Ally winked at at the two fingers, watching as they waltz on closer. The birds' chirping returned to a rendition of "Kiss the Girl." As if on cute, the two figures suddenly pressed together, their lips locking.

She clapped her hands, giggling, spying the blush over Tom's face. The chimes of her bells echoed her laughter as her body shook.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mithlomwen

Sophie retrieved her goodies and moved across the shoppe to sit down next to Phaedra.  Dusting off the crumbs from her hand she held it out in greeting.  "My name's Sophie.  The offer to join you was very sweet.  Thanks so much."  

She leaned back in her chair and lifted the tasty confection to her mouth and tried the first bite.  Her eyes closed and a soft moan of delight escaped her lips.  That was quite possibly the best tasting thing she'd ever had in her life!  Another moan of delight could be heard as she sipped her coffee.  "Wow."  She gasped.  "This is really good!"
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Wistful Dream

She smiled happily at his comment about the cookies, starting a touch when Ari popped up suddenly with a new sugar creation. What was that girl up to? she wondered as she watched it curiously, glancing up at Tom a time or two because, well she just wanted to look at him while he was here. He most likely wouldn't come back again, not without his poetry to lure him back.

Then the figures started dancing and the birds singing, Ariella's eyes widened and then her cheeks flushed with a dark blush as they kissed. It was clear who they were suppose to be. The tiny girl was trying to rouse up trouble. Ari bit down on her lower lip as she offered a shy smile to Tom. "I'm sorry about that, Ally is just teasing really." Her hand came up to wave slightly, canceling out the magic that was causing the teasing.

"I really should go, I have work to do. But...I hope, that is if you aren't to busy, to see you again."

Vi rang the male up and pursed her lips as she did the math "$11 flat please and not now but perhaps later? The store is rather busy and I have work to do I'm afraid."

anon

Ally stuck her tongue out at Ari. "Just be glad that I didn't pull anything worse than that." Grinning impishly, she winked at Tom. "Like I said...on the house. A little memento?" She crossed her arms before her and leaned on the counter again, surveying the busy shop. "Just promise to come visit us more often and I might do something more creative the next time."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

"Oh, okay sure," he said, paying in full. First he put the peppermint and bread in the sack he had before carefully taking the cup. Too bad it was small, he should have asked specifically for a large. But then it would get expensive. Darn large hands. Holding it with both hands, Benjamin cursed a little under his breath as the heat of it as he walked slowly to his own table. He picked the closet, not bothering with somewhere more secluded. Setting it down, he rested his bag on a chair before taking a seat. Bending over, he carefully blew the smoke as he waited for it to cool.

Link to Tug of War Story

Kurzyk

Must be some kind of sugar toy, he thought.

He looked back down at them. Their shapes now kissed and held each other with passion. The twirls of their dance made his eyes slowly droop; music swung through their footsteps like snow on the currents of air, gliding in perfect motion and carrying his thoughts to another place. He slowly passed to where dreams awaken and reality is but a glimpse of itself... fading to memory.

He snapped awake to the sound of her voice. He blinked his eyes and felt a little silly; almost nodding off in a public place. He rubbed his eyes and looked at his watch.

"I'm sorry but I have to get going too," he smiled looking very confused. The figures had stopped moving. He must have fallen asleep, and dreamt something.. couldn't remember. He yawned and looked again at the espresso, wondering why he was still sleepy.

He stood up and looked at her. Her gentle smile called to him, "I would ... very much like to see you again." He couldn't believe what he was saying. Only as friends, he told himself. Friends are allowed to have lunch or visit each other after all. Must be because of the dream.. still had him feeling sleepy.

He glanced over at the counter and saw the strange woman with the bells in her hair winking at him. Was it a dream? She mentioned she had created something... and would again. This was a mystery that he would have to consider but he didn't have time. The board of directors review was this afternoon and there was much to discuss.

With urgency he gathered his briefcase, made sure his poetry book was safe in his pocket and stood up. He looked in her eyes trying to tell her something but couldn't find the words, "How much do I owe you?" He smiled.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi was keen on getting back to the little sweets shop, "Corner Sweets." She enjoyed talking with Ally and Ari. She hoped that this time Ally would be there so that she could dance with the flute. She didn't think that she was dressed right, she was coming back from an early training. Her black shirt and pants clung to her body, her black short boots looking slightly intimidating, and her waist-length hair was up in an elaborate braided bun.

She turned the corner and hurried into the shop. She stopped in the doorway as she felt Ari's magic slam into her. She focused on a guy who looked slightly confused and she wondered what Ari was up to. She was glad that Ally was here today.

She walked over to the counter discreetly. She admired the sugar creation and smiled to herself as she found the source of the poor man's confusion. She would have to compliment Ari later. "Good day Ari, Ally. How are you guys?" she asked, glancing discreetly between Ally and the guy.

Wistful Dream

"I would ... very much like to see you again."

She would not have dared to hear those words. They were wonderful and she smiled at them, nodding herself. "I..I would like that very much." she offered shyly in return. Maybe she should thank Ally after all for the sugar couple who had danced and kissed on the table. Yet, this man was worried about something, stressed. Her earth magic and sense of people could tell her that.

And there was something beneath all of it, something that spoken to her very basic language.

But neither of them would ever really know it seemed, so she smiled at him easily even as he began to become frantic. She watched sadly as his poetry book vanished. "Just $5, the second cookie was on me. A thank you for your poetry," she leaned over and wrapped the cookie up in a napkin, poffering it up to him. "For later, in your busy meetings you could use a pick me up I bet."

anon

Ally watched the exchange with interest before turning her attention to Aoi. She waved with a grin. "Hello there. We're good today. A bit busy, but at least that will put Eva in a better mood." She wrinkled her nose. "At least I hope. So, what will it be today?" She tilted her head, making the bells jingle again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences