News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaRose

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 06:39:45 PM
You don't have to wait.  Go ahead and jump in, and be sure to get started on the relationships!

So, I get to fill in the relationships myself?

kckolbe

Yup.  The link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjEenEWPJjNfdG5TdGRncENjYUpLNjg2NXFuUW1PT1E#gid=0

You can fill it out kinda as you go, but get a healthy chunk of it filled out before you start posting.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ebb

Quote from: TamaRose on July 14, 2013, 07:22:29 PM
So, I get to fill in the relationships myself?

Oooh - I can answer that one.

Yes, you fill out your own relationships. Head over here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjEenEWPJjNfdG5TdGRncENjYUpLNjg2NXFuUW1PT1E#gid=0

And put something in each box in your row. If you want to communicate with the other player to set something up, that's fine. But mostly this is your decision -- how your character feels about each of the others.

Cold Heritage

Is Cold Heritage experiencing strange and powerful hallucinations or is Flame on the spreadsheet twice?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Ebb

Quote from: Cold Heritage on July 14, 2013, 07:52:17 PM
Is Cold Heritage experiencing strange and powerful hallucinations or is Flame on the spreadsheet twice?

Looks like TamaRose is adding a new row instead of using the existing one. No big deal at all; can easily be cleaned up.

Kimera

Hmm...after giving it some more thought, I'm considering combining both ideas for the characeter. Basically a mutant girl with below average powers binds with a symbiote, which enhances her powers and abilities considerably.

My only concern is that symbiotes are already packed with abilities, so perhaps the combination becomes too much.

kckolbe

Some symbiotes are likely stronger than others.  Or maybe the symbiote has its own weaknesses as well.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kimera

That's true.

i'll add in a couple balancing factors.

Kimera

WIP. This is what I have so far. It isn't finished yet, but this way, I can already get some feedback ;)

Sort of dropped the insect theme and went for this instead. Wanted something different then just a girl in a symbiote suit. Her mutation is that she merged with one, so now she is like a symbiote.

Not sure about the name though.

DESCRIPTION:  Spore
Group Affiliation: X-men (student)
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 126
Arch-Enemies: Autorities
Nickname: -

Powers: After having absorbing a symbiote, Spore has acquired all the powers and weaknesses of such a creature.

• Superhuman Strength: Spore can lift up to about 10-12 ton
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Superhuman Agility
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Superhuman Durability: Spore's body has taken over the amorph characteristics of those of symbiote aliens. The alien matter is undifferentiated, meaning she no longer has vital organs to worry about, no bones to be broken. The only real damage she can sustain is tissue destruction.
  • Constituent-Matter Generation: Spore can also use the same substance comprising her body in the form of constituent black matter or she can generate tentacle-like appendages from various parts of her body, which she often uses either in combat situations or to restrain someone.
  • Constituent-Matter Manipulation: Spore can manipulate her matter to enlarge or stretch her body in order to augment her attacks. She can morph sections of her body, such as her hands or feet, into spikes, blades, axes or a shield.
  • Stretching and deforming: With her body being amorph like that of a symbiote, Spore is able to stretch and deform, allowing her to squeeze through inch-wide openings. The reach of most of her formed weapons is about 10ft, with her tentacles maxing out at about a 100ft. The further they reach, the weaker they become.
    Her ability to deform is limited if she is bonded with another host.
  • Symbiosis: Like symbiotes, Spore is able to bind herself with another host, enveloping them like an organic skintight bodysuit. While in symbiosis, Spore and the host can share thoughts. The hosts physical characteristics like strength and endurance are boosted and the host is also capable of using any of Spore's powers.
  • Camouflage Capabilities: To a limited degree, Spore is capable of changing the outside look of her body, making it camouflaging with her surroundings.
  • Wall Crawling: Much like Spider-Man, and other symbiotes, Spore has the ability to cling to virtually any surface. She can rapidly crawl, walk, or run across even slick/wet surfaces.
  • Weakness: Sonic and intense heat. Like symbiotes, Spore is unable to keep her body stable in the presence of intense sonic vibrations or intense heat. When exposed to such conditions, her body becomes unstable and she is unable to maintain her humanoid form, or stay attached to a host.

Skills:

• Combat: Even though her new body grants her lots of advantages and a wide array of sharp weapons, her lack of combat training puts her on a big disadvantage against more experienced opponents. This is something she wishes to improve upon.

Bio:

Abby was born a mutant and in her early years appeared like a normal human girl. Living in New York with her parents, she lived a normal life. Even during puberty, nothing out of the ordinary happened. No strange power manifestations, no physical mutations, nothing. Plane, boring human. Or was it.

The young girls life changed when New York was once again the victim of a symbiote outbreak.

During the panic and confusion, young Abby somehow came into contact with some of the alien goo. Slowly the alien lifeform began to engulf her body. However, during this encounter, Abby mutation power was revealed. She never became a host to the alien. Instead of wearing the symbiote, her mutation caused her to merge with it. Its cells fusing with hers on a molecular level, becoming a hybrid. She and it had become one. From that moment on, she possessed all its racial powers and abilities. No longer human or alien, she had become a mutant.

Unable to revert back to her human form, it seemed the girl was trapped into this new form. Hunted by the autorities, Abby managed to elude them long enough to find shelter amoung others with similar predicaments. It was so that she got enrolled in Xaviers school.

Although Spore, like true symbiotes, is able to bond with a host, which she is reluctant to do. Such a bond means she and the host share minds, feeling each others memories and thoughts, something she considers to be very intimate.

Power Grid:

• Intelligence: 3
  • Strength: 4
  • Speed: 3
  • Durability: 6 (except for her weaknesses)
  • Energy Projection: 0
  • Fighting Skill: 1-2

kckolbe

I like the body manipulation, though I'd want to know that limit of that.  Right now she is stronger than Mr Fantastic.

Also, it seems she can host another symbiote or find another host.  I'd like if it were one or the other (no preference as to which).  Lastly, why is her speed so high?  I didn't see anything describing that.

1 Below normal
2 Normal
3 Superhuman: peak range: 700 MPH
4 Speed of sound: Mach-1
5 Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity
6 Speed of light: 186,000 miles per second
7 Warp speed: transcending light speed

I see her as a 3 unless I am missing something (which is possible).

Intro Thread

Jag

Even Quicksilver isn't above a 5 in speed (currently).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kimera

I would say it is very limited compared to him. Like, she can squeeze her main mass between openings that are at least a couple inches wide. Mister Fantastic can flatten himself to the thickness of an average sheet of typing paper (.0035 inch) or narrow himself to a diameter small enough to pass through the eye of a #10 beading needle (about .045 x .06 inches). (according to the wiki)

I will add more detail to reflect the limitations and bounds of her amorphic abilities.

She is only capable of binding with a host as she is the symbiote in a symbiote/host relation, although unlike normal symbiotes, she can also operate without a host.
Where does it suggest she can bind other symbiotes, can't seem to find it to correct it.

As for the speed thing, I think I sort of mixed it up with agility and all. Going to fix this.

kckolbe

Good to hear.  As for the other symbiotes, not sure what I was thinking.  You haven't edited, and it's not there, so I blame hallucinations.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Updated her a bit.

Downgraded her power grid a bit after checking the marvel wiki for the exact ratios.

I'm thinking of maybe adding in another weakness, perhaps a higher metabolism to restore her biomass.

kckolbe

Looks good.  Go ahead and come up with your GM plot point.  Don't worry about canon.

Intro Thread

Kimera

GM plot can just be about anything right?

kckolbe

Yes it can.  Also, you and Michi can post your characters here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179788.0

It may be a month or two until you are able to start posting IC, but we will work you guys in. 

Intro Thread

Jag

kckolbe

Yup yup.  Refreshing to see a weaker character.

Intro Thread

Jag

She's not weak. At least she doesn't think so...but yeah, she is probably the most physically weak character right now. >.<

kckolbe

By the way, would you remove the canon plot point as well as any X-Men references?  These characters will be introduced in game.  My fault for not saying so earlier.

Intro Thread

Jag

Kimera

Quote from: kckolbe on July 16, 2013, 01:28:07 PM
By the way, would you remove the canon plot point as well as any X-Men references?  These characters will be introduced in game.  My fault for not saying so earlier.

Do you mean the last part of my characters Bio?