TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Another update: v1.17.0

This update deals purely with the snippets menu.  It has now been moved from the main menu bar to a position to the right of the edit box toolbar.  This means it should always be there when you can make use of it and be hidden when you're just reading :)  It also saves space in the main menu.

I've added a "Snippets" entry to the "Script Settings" menu to give you quick access to add/edit/delete snippets if you want to do that from a non-editbox screen :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Ron Don Volante

I'm having an issue with the "Posts Owed". It's only showing me the list of bookmarks though it did work before.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Ssieth

Hi @wisdomcube.  Can you try a couple of things for me:

1. Switch on "Debugging Information?" in the general features and report what you get at the bttom of the page (in the yellow box).
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+J and report any errors appearing the in the console window after you have cleared it adn reloaded the page (bookmarks/posts owed).

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 04:00:27 AM
Eek!  It seems to be working fine for me in v1.6.0->1.6.3.  What symptoms are you seeing?  Is it that you can't add new tags, can't get your BM list trimmed down or something else?

Can you also try pressing CTRL+SHIFT+J?  If you do that you that, click clear and the refresh your E page you should see a line like "Starting Elliquiy Improver v1.16.3".  And then potentially some error messages.  Those messages might point me in the right direction...
The issue I was having was that whenever I would click on one of my BM tags it was showing the full list, not just the ones tagged with that tag. I did specifically check to make sure there were things in the tag, and that there were things not in the tag, and both ways the list never changed.

Now as of this morning and updating to 1.7.x the script seems to be effectively disabled for me. Grease Monkey is running and enabled, and it says 1.7.x Elliquiy improver is installed and running on the page I'm on. Give me a bit for more debug info from ctrl shft j

Update: Debugging info says basically what I assumed. It never displays any message similar to Starting E.I. at all. Simply a warning about getElementById() is null from the Shoutbox thread, and an NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error, as well as SHA-1 encryption not being recommended because well... Yea.

Update 2: After letting the page settle for a bit, this showed up: https://talkgadget.google.com/u/0/talkgadget/_/frame?v=1436379713&hl=en#egtn_tdiusy : Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally.From an unknown source

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 09, 2015, 09:21:02 AM
The issue I was having was that whenever I would click on one of my BM tags it was showing the full list, not just the ones tagged with that tag. I did specifically check to make sure there were things in the tag, and that there were things not in the tag, and both ways the list never changed.

Now as of this morning and updating to 1.7.x the script seems to be effectively disabled for me. Grease Monkey is running and enabled, and it says 1.7.x Elliquiy improver is installed and running on the page I'm on. Give me a bit for more debug info from ctrl shft j

I think I already know the answer to this one and it was me throwing you off by typoing 1.6.x rather than 1.16.x :-S  However,... can I just check to be sure that it's 1.17.0 that you're on now?

Quote from: Ritsu on July 09, 2015, 09:21:02 AM
Update: Debugging info says basically what I assumed. It never displays any message similar to Starting E.I. at all. Simply a warning about getElementById() is null from the Shoutbox thread, and an NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error, as well as SHA-1 encryption not being recommended because well... Yea.

Update 2: After letting the page settle for a bit, this showed up: https://talkgadget.google.com/u/0/talkgadget/_/frame?v=1436379713&hl=en#egtn_tdiusy : Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally.From an unknown source

That's really weird.  can you just make sure that the "Logging" and "JS" buttons at the top are selected?  Those are the areas that should show error messages for javascript and debug info (including the starting/completed messages for the script).  There's also a dropdown for each and at least "Errors" should be selected for JS and all of the options for Logging.

None of the errors you've mentioned should be anything to do with the script.  It doesn't use SHA1 for anything and certainly doesn't do anythnig with talkgadget.  I'm assuming that those are related to other plugins or scripts.

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 10:24:30 AM
I think I already know the answer to this one and it was me throwing you off by typoing 1.6.x rather than 1.16.x :-S  However,... can I just check to be sure that it's 1.17.0 that you're on now?

That's really weird.  can you just make sure that the "Logging" and "JS" buttons at the top are selected?  Those are the areas that should show error messages for javascript and debug info (including the starting/completed messages for the script).  There's also a dropdown for each and at least "Errors" should be selected for JS and all of the options for Logging.

None of the errors you've mentioned should be anything to do with the script.  It doesn't use SHA1 for anything and certainly doesn't do anythnig with talkgadget.  I'm assuming that those are related to other plugins or scripts.
Yes, sorry. I didn't notice the typo either. My bad. Yes I was on version 1.16.3, and 1.17.0 respectively.

Yes they all were properly checked, and the buttons selected. A clear and refresh gives the same as before.

Ssieth

OK - I'm running some JSLint type analysis on it... I'll let you know what I dig up...

Ritsu

*curtsies* Thank you muchly.

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 08:34:57 AM
Hi @wisdomcube.  Can you try a couple of things for me:

1. Switch on "Debugging Information?" in the general features and report what you get at the bttom of the page (in the yellow box).
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+J and report any errors appearing the in the console window after you have cleared it adn reloaded the page (bookmarks/posts owed).

Are you saying General features of Greasemonkey or Firefox? Because I'm a n00b and can't find either >.<

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Ssieth

Quote from: wisdomcube on July 09, 2015, 10:42:41 AM
Are you saying General features of Greasemonkey or Firefox? Because I'm a n00b and can't find either >.<

Neither :)  Thre should be a "Script Settings" item on the main Eliquiy menu bar.  Click that and the script settings should pop up :)

Ron Don Volante

Looks like an error in the getUserInfo function of the script:

TypeError: $detailedInfo.find(...).val(...) is undefined
      user["refLink"] = $detailedInfo.find("dd:eq(5) input").val().trim();

Ssieth

Oh. That's not used anyway. When I'm back at my PC I'll comment it out for next version.

Ssieth

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 11:13:39 AM
Oh. That's not used anyway. When I'm back at my PC I'll comment it out for next version.

Commented out and about 80 or so bits of code tidy-up which may have caused problems here or there.

v1.17.2 is now up

Ritsu

Cool!! That fixed things for me. Or more specifically the script is back, and bookmark filtering is working.

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 09, 2015, 04:44:28 PM
Cool!! That fixed things for me. Or more specifically the script is back, and bookmark filtering is working.

Yay!  I have literally no idea which bit of tinkering I did might have fixed things.  As best I can tell it was all pretty inconsequential but if it works then I am delighted :D

Ritsu

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 09, 2015, 05:11:38 PM
Me too!!

Oh - and it's off-topic but I have to say it anyway - I adore your avatar :D

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 05:12:58 PM
Oh - and it's off-topic but I have to say it anyway - I adore your avatar :D
*beams* Thank you! Literally every bit of color on her skin is self painted on.

Ssieth

OK - there's a new version out v1.18.0.

I have been requested, by a site admin, to disable the option to remove donation and newsbox sections from the header.  The new version doesn't have those options.

Ssieth

And a very small tweak to stop the snippets form popping up when you click on the Script Settings menu.

Vekseid

Thank you. I know not everyone likes them : /

Patreon has begun the skeleton of an API but it still requires that I store my Patreon password on the site, so still holding off on tying features to donating. They're progressing a lot slower on this than I thought they would, but it's not like I'm in any position to point fingers.

One option would be to use one of my other servers as an intermediary, but it still makes me uncomfortable to expose financial data.

Quote from: Ritsu on July 08, 2015, 09:05:33 AM
Question, I know with Veks trying to make the move to elkart things are going to change as far as the codebase is concenerd, etc. Including the upgrade of the pm system apparently. That being said,

1) What does that mean for this script,

As I mentioned, there will be a third site that I'll be using to develop, so Ssieth will be able to check that out as we develop that.

Ssieth

Quote from: Vekseid on July 10, 2015, 04:23:48 AM
Thank you. I know not everyone likes them : /

No problem - last thing I want to do is cause any problems for anyone involved in keeping E running :)

Patreon has begun the skeleton of an API but it still requires that I store my Patreon password on the site, so still holding off on tying features to donating. They're progressing a lot slower on this than I thought they would, but it's not like I'm in any position to point fingers.

Ick... that's horrible.  They really shouldn't be doing anything to encourage anyone to expose passwords.  There's so many ways to dish out limited rights for API that don't require a standard password and that are well tested and documented...

*shakes head in despair* 

Still - if they're at an early stage with the API then it may just be a matter of time before they come around to something more acceptable.

One option would be to use one of my other servers as an intermediary, but it still makes me uncomfortable to expose financial data.

As I mentioned, there will be a third site that I'll be using to develop, so Ssieth will be able to check that out as we develop that.

Ooh - thank you :)  And if there is anything I might be able to do to help the effort, do prod me :)

Reno

Quote from: Ssieth on July 09, 2015, 03:55:11 AM
OK - it should now be working.  For some reason Chrome really objects to declaring variables inside the declaration of a for loop seemingly.  Changing that has fixed it :)

I think I've also fixed the Chrome shoutbox colour issue :)

v1.16.3 is the new release

Whatever you did also makes it run for Tampermonkey Beta on Opera now! I didn't report it because Beta on Opera, but this makes me happy. :D

Ssieth

Quote from: Reno on July 10, 2015, 09:45:01 AM
Whatever you did also makes it run for Tampermonkey Beta on Opera now! I didn't report it because Beta on Opera, but this makes me happy. :D

Excellent, I shall feel extra specially smug about coincidentally fixing a problem I was unaware of in a product I don't use for a version that hasn't been released ;p

In all seriousness, though, I'm delighted to have one more person who can use it :D  If you have any more problems then let me know.  It will probably be me not adhering strictly to JS standards and will probably be fixed by me running something like JSLint to tell me where my bad habits are getting in the way of good code ;p

Reno

I was already using it, I've just been working on making the transition from Firefox to Opera (gods, I still miss Lazarus...) so now I don't have to open the other browser to use E. ;)