Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyKing

Hey everyone, it gives me no pleasure to do this but I need to step away from writing this story for a while. I may return some day I'm just not sure when. Thank you for all your insights and good luck!

Gladiator0161

Sushi

I'm still around, BTW. I check every other day, trying to think of a decent post currently.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Good to hear Sushi, glad you're still with us. :)

On another note that's completely unrelated to anything in the rp...

I really hate the American Government right now, especially the IRS! Did you know that anytime you transfer money electronically that they charge you for it! Whether it's using your debit card, checking account, or whatever?!! And that if you do that six times in a month or more that they slap you with an Over Draft charge because the dood ol' American Government put in a Regulation D on all the banks??!!!! THAT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!!

God I am so pissed right now!!! It's bad enough that I'm so poor right now that I only have 59 dollars in my account! Now I gotta pay off a 30 dollar bullshit charge because I paid off two bills and bought myself lunch and a t-shirt when I went out of town!!!! GAH!!!

Who's up for storming the IRS building and strangling a few people?

Gladiator0161

Alright...I've calmed down. Sorry about that guys. I just lost my head. Just seems like I never get a break sometimes.

Anyway, what have you all been up to?

ashia starstreak

That's why you learn to love the lil things :) so many lil things go unnoticed that we tend to forget there is such a thing. It'll get better Gladiator, we all make our own luck. Overdraft sucks, but at least you have the funds to stop it from becoming a larger problem!

I am doing well myself. One day at a time. My eczema does not want to heal, darn the desert. *shakes fist* my knuckles keep cracking open and bleed :( but on the bright side, I only get it on my knuckles..and a few people mistake it for violent aftermath. "Damn who pissed you off?"-Coworker

"Huh? oh, You don't wanna see me angry O_o"Yeeah Ashia smash! Be smashing donuts with milk/coffee maybe >_> Shoot I love my job *stashes cookies under shirt and sneaks out of bakery* Working in the wrong place, my sweet tooth will put us under one day, but at least there will be no leftovers ;)

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

Yeah, true. The little things are what make life enjoyable alot of the time.

Lol, I'm glad you enjoy your work. :D

ashia starstreak

Find a job you enjoy, never work a day in yer life ;) course that also means the days fly by way too fast >.> I have no idea what happened the last two years. first I was 21 and now magically I'm 23!? what the hell happened? I got jipped from my 22. People ask how old I am I always stutter, keep thinkin' I'm still 21. Been working the same company for five years now, been in bakery about 2 almost 3..everyday I'm so thankful to be in the bakery I freaking hated service deli, a single day lasts a week there, definetly felt every day of the three years there.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, it's always a nice bonus to enjoy your work. I didn't know you were 23, that's cool. I'm 26, and boy do I know what you mean about time flying, and crawling. The past 4 years have been crawling to me, and in that time I've been looking for a job. Thankfully now the job market is opening up a little. So, maybe I'll finally get one!

Sushi

Apologies for the really short post. Hope it's enough to work off of - it's fine if you puppet Valkyrie to wake her up later, BTW.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

ashia starstreak

Yeah :) I don't get along with people my age very well. I'm very settled and just don't like the things they're into. My spirit feels like I'm in my 30s so I really enjoy roleplaying early 30s. Don't get me wrong, I don't avoid my genre, I'm just old fashioned I guess. My co-worker likes to say "Back in my day, the biggest thing was dancing, we'd dance all the time..now a days it's all about $400 sunglasses, and brand name clothes.." *raises hand* I dance, I'm not good at it, but I love to be taken to the dance floor and twirled around..course my favorite bar got closed down and every time I think on it, it only makes me more sad :/ My town is no fan of country, we have one now..and not only are they douches there, it's only open three days a week. So now I'm stuck at rock bars, cuz hip hop/rap bars have a heavy energy I dislike, and I'm no fan of sports :/ Our local bands suck, but at least the atmosphere is better than the others. Not quite the warm friendly my old bar was, but good enough.

There's always one drunk guy that has to be up and personal with the band. Anyone ever notice that? I find it amusing in watching how the bands react to it. Even more amusing to be the only cowgirl in the bar, start off alone and end up being the center of attention by the end of the night. Guess I'm pretty entertaining :/ but hey, if it gets me a few free beers, I'm down ;) Something to go with my jack and not have to pay with it or act/dress inappropriately, shoot I shall entertain with silly jokes all night for that deal. Yee-haw!

So I am curious Sushi, why'd ya pick a female Spartan? I picked a female private cuz I wanted a dark past that could be slowly revealed as the story progressed. Female cuz pplaying a male romantically in the slightest makes me uneasy mainly cuz I dunno how to react well as a male in that way.

Gladiator0161

I have to be honest, I didn't picture you as a cowgirl Ashia, lol. I'm glad you don't like country, lol. I can stand it for a little while but, I don't like country either and I positively hate rap.

I read your post Sushi and I can work with it but, what does Valkyrie look like? You didn't mention her appearance when she took off her helmet. I'll need that eventually in order to post a reply.

Hunter Phoenix

I'm a metal head if that counts for anything around here :P haha
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

That's cool. I can get into some metal but, I'm mostly a hard rock, pop, electric, symphonic, and classical kinda guy.

Weird combination of music I know but, it's me. :P

Sushi

@Gladiator: "Slightly shorter than a typical S-2 - though considering, that's still well over two meters tall. Fit, strong, and slightly curvy. Normally quite fair-skinned, but pale from long periods of time in armor. She has short black hair and grey eyes."

@Ashia: It was just something on a whim. I use a female in Reach and I like using the SPnKr. I put two and two together to make this character~

Gladiator0161

Thanks Sushi, any distinguishing marks or scars on her that would be seen btw?

Sushi

No facial scars. I guess her expression could be seen as constantly relaxed? Her eyes are pretty cold.

Gladiator0161

Alright, thanks man. I'll probably post sometime tomarrow.

ashia starstreak

There ya go. Finally I pic of O'brian. Sorry for not adding in his accent during the roleplay. I picture it light anyways versus the strong irish tongue.

Oh by the way I said "my town is no fan of country" I absolutely adore country music. I'll listen to anything, but I don't much enjoy rap unless it's intelligent. If yer singing about degrading women by calling them names such as 'hoe' or worse (not getting into it mainly because this is pg-13 area), sex, living in the ghetto cuz let's face it..if yer on the radio, you ain't in no damned ghetto so stfu and get over yer whiney ass, and illegal drugs,  drive-bys....I'm just not into that sort of crap. Immortal Technique for example would be a rapper I consider intelligent. His song "dance with the devil" is pretty powerful.

I'm a country girl for sure though :) grew up on rock and roll, but I listen to mostly country. When I'm in my mood (gloom) I like to listen to soundscapes especially native american flutes. I decorated my house all western. I'm almost done with it actually, just need me some weapons. A rifle, two revolvers, a kentucky, and then a tom a hawk, bow/arrows, a spear...too bad those are freaking expensive though :/ I do have a falling limb a tree decided to give my roof. I dragged it off and just need a knife to carve it down..maybe make that into my spear depending on how thick the bark is and if my dog don't eat it first haha!

Sushi

You could probably find a used Winchester 1894 or a clone for a couple hundred bucks, depending if you want .30-30 or a revolver round. Then Ruger Vacqueros used for relatively cheap (under $400) and they take cheap ammo - .357 / .38 Special. Tomahawks aren't too expensive, but if you want to fell a try I'd go with a quality full-sized axe.

Gladiator0161

Posted :D

Hope that's ok for you Sushi, if not let me know and I'll add more to it.

@ Ashia: That's cool, congrats on almost finishing your house Ashia!

ashia starstreak

I saw a Colt 1892 and a Rugar bearcat. I liked 'em both :) think I was leaning more to the colt cuz it looked antique almost. They both were not that cheap, but that could also be because I was at a sportman shop. Alot of they things are over priced. As for the axe, mine would be strictly decorational, so I'd like it purty :L beads, and feathers. I saw one at a fair, obsidion for the blade, it looked okay, but cheaply made :/ Their mountain men tom a hawks were pretty cheap, almost got one just to be able to throw it..but I'd figure I'd put a whole in my fense..neighbors and landlord might not be so thrilled with that lol

And thank you Gladiator, it has taken me a great deal of effort to get where I'm at and I definetly take pride in it. My post will be up sometime today or tomorrow.

Sushi

The bearcat looks nice, but I like the Vacquero - carries .38s~

I'd probably stick with fairly new guns, though. Old guns can break if you don't know what sort of ammo to give them.

Get a purty axe and a work axe O: A good axe makes wood working much easier~

ashia starstreak

Sorry, I know I said I would post and I have yet to do so. Got a lot happening outside of the internet. Having a hard time finding my groove again. Been too long since the last time I was single. I've been feeling a bit lost and quite unfocused so when I can regain that, I will be able to post.

I apologize for my slow responses guys, especially you, Hunter Phoenix, it's completely unfair for you to wait on me and I gotta tell you that I do appreciate your patience.

Hunter Phoenix

Nah don't worry about it, coming out of a relationship is pretty tough and it does take time to find your groove again until you get settled in, take all the time you need :) you'll find someone better with time :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.