Windows 10

Started by TheBlackThrone, August 03, 2015, 07:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

This is just a report and a "in case you didn't know." I still don't know if it's just my computer or this new browser, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I can't use the menu for all the codes/formatting options. Instead, I have to do it all by hand. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if they have a fix to suggest, but I'm just making it known in case. The first issue I encountered was that my speakers no longer worked and I had to fix that. Now the formatting and emoticons don't work when I click on them. :(

I don't know if there's a script or something I can download to fix it.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

AmberStarfire

Which browser are you using? If it's a new one that came with Windows 10, then it might have something to do with that.

I think the buttons and menus just use CSS/html so all modern day browsers should have them, unless there's some JQuery/Javascript in there. You could check to see it's enabled.

TheBlackThrone

Yes, it's the Windows 10 Microsoft Edge that they replace IE with.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Kuje

I also noticed that the spell check button, that is on the bottom right when you post a message, doesn't bring up the spell check when using Edge. So I've had to go on the net or copy and paste into a document to get my spelling checked.

But yea, the rest of the buttons aren't working with Edge either.

AmberStarfire

It could be because they're still ironing out problems with it, since it's just been released. Looking at the Microsoft site, there might be a 'compatibility view' button on the browser, that you can click and there's a chance it might help correct the problem.

Other people are having problems too, though there aren't that many replies in this thread (yet):
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/37rcy5/microsoft_edge_upload_button_on_any_website_do/

Nymphadora

I upgraded to 10 but continued using Chrome with no issues. I hopped into Edge for the first time after seeing this and had the same problem.

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Angie

Since this is a Windows 10 thread, I have an article that'll help people out in disabling some features you might not want:

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2015/08/windows_10_privacy_problems_here_s_how_bad_they_are_and_how_to_plug_them.html
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Stella