Back by Popular Demand (D&D 3.5 Gestalt)

Started by ulthakptah, February 20, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Intrest thread
In character thread
Sheets/OOC thread

As of late one of my players from my other game, who shall remain nameless, has been hounding my to start another game. I'm going to use the same rules for making characters as I did for my last game. There is no limit on source books from Wizards of the Coast. Even the Dragon Magazines are fine. Abilities are 1d10+8 seven time and drop the lowest. Level adjustments counts for one side of gestalt, starting level 6. I don't have a story in mind yet, but I didn't last time either. I just make it up after I know what type of charters people make. Another question that gets asked a lot is how much sex there will be in the game. For me, it depends on the players. I let my players pretty much do whatever. If they want to hump like bunnies good for them.

Lastly if you are in my other game, I don't want you in this one. It's not that I don't like you. It's that I don't want your interest in this game to interfere with the other. The exception to this rule is the player, who shall remain nameless, that wanted me to run this game in the first place. On a count of she has no life and can keep up with running three game while playing in twelve.

NicciKotor

Woo! Not my fault we are lacking DMs. I just like to nag people here that can do a good job of DMing and hound them to do it even more. I am currently running 2.5 group games, so I can make this claim.

Going to make a bunnygirl fighter/monk as well.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

yesiroleplay

stat rolls are 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 17
Do you allow Psychic Rogue from the WotC website?
Thinking Psychic Rogue/Psion

ulthakptah

I do allow Psychic Rogue, but you should know that if you go Psychic Rogue/Psion you would only get the power points of the better class.

DGblitz

Because I haven't done gestalt in forever, and I believe I recall my DM tweaking it, mind if I ask your rules on gestalt?
...I'm working on it; I'll have one when I'm able to put some thought into it

DG's ONs & OFFs

ulthakptah

Pretty much the same as it is in Unearth Arcana

yesiroleplay

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 20, 2011, 09:57:36 PM
I do allow Psychic Rogue, but you should know that if you go Psychic Rogue/Psion you would only get the power points of the better class.
Good luck with your game

NicciKotor

Mikuru Asahina, Level 6 monk/fighter bunnygirl!

10 Stunning attempts

HP: 56
Lawful Neutral
AC: 24 = 10+5 dex+5 wisdom+1 monk+1 ring+2 natural
Flat Footed: 19
Touch: 22
Initiative: +5
Ability scores: 15-20-14-8-18-17
Saves: 7/10/4
Speed: 50 feet
BAB/grapple: 6/8
Attacks:
Single: +12 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Full: +12/+7 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Flurry: +11/+11/+6 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Skills: balance -5, climb +10, diplomancy +5, escape artist +14, handle animal +3, hide +5, intimidate +3, know religion and arcane -1, listen +10, move silently +5, ride +5, sense motive -10, spot +7, swim +5, tumble +14
Feats:
stunning fist
fiery fist
fiery ki defense
improved unarmed strike
weapon focus, unarmed strike
weapon specialization, unarmed
intuitive strike
extra stunning
versatile unarmed strike
ring the gold bell
weakening touch
Iron fist
Special abilities:
flurry of blows
evasion
still mind
ki strike - ten charges
purity of mind
slow fall 30 feet
Equipment:
cursed bunnysuit - 6000 gp
handy havorsack - 2000 gp
bedroll - 1sp - 5
blanket - 5sp - 3
candle - 1 cp
ten flask - 10 sp
manacles,master work - 50 gp - 2
mirror - 10 gp - .5lb
ball gag - 1gp
dildos - 5 gp
blindfold - 1 sp
10 trail rations - 10 gp
rope, silk - 10 gp- 5
soap - 5 gp - 1 lb
water skin - 1 gp - 1 lb
tent - 5 gp - 10 lb
clit ring of ac +1 - 2000 gp
enduring collar - 1500 gp
bracelet of healing - 750 gp
650 gp left
Languages: common, illiterate.

ulthakptah

DGblitz

Mat Cauthon   Lvl 6 Rogue/Fighter Human
Neutral Alignment

Hp: 50
AC: 18 = 10 base + 3 dex + 5 armor
Touch: 13
Flat Footed: 15
Initiative: +3
Ability scores: 18 str, 17 dex, 15 con, 17 int, 12 wis, 11 cha
Saves: 7 Fort, 8 Reflex, 3 Will
Speed: 30 feet
BAB/grapple: +6/+10
Weapons:

+1 Talenta Sharrash (Ashandarei)    +12    1d10+9      19-20/x4    Slashing
(Range of 5-15 ft, with Short Haft and Long Strike Feats)

Skills:
Appraise             12 (14 when Merchants Scale used)
Balance                5
Bluff                     9
Decipher Script   12
Disable Device    14
Listen                 10
Move Silently      10
Open Lock          14
Search                12
Sense Motive      10
Sleight of Hand   12
Spot                    10
Use Rope            12 (14 with silk rope)

Feats:

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Talenta Sharrash)
Weapon Focus (Talenta Sharrash)
Weapon Specialization (Talenta Sharrash)
Combat Expertise
Improved Feint
Short Haft
Long Strike
Pole Balance (+4 against bull rush and trip, +4 balance)

Special Abilities:

Trapfinding
Trap Sense +2
Evasion
Uncanny Dodge
Sneak Attack +3d6

Languages:

Common
Elven
Dwarven
Gnome

Equipment:
Handy Haversack                2,000 gp
Called Elven Chain               6,150 gp
Hat of Disguise                    1,800 gp
+1 Talenta Sharrash           2,318 gp
Bedroll
Blanket
Tent
Waterskin (2)
Soap
Signet Ring (Foxhead)
Rope, silk (50 ft)
Thieves' tools, masterwork
Scale, merchants
Flint and Steel
Candles (10)
Masterwork Manacles, with amazing lock
Set of Dice

Remaining Money: 395 gp, 3 sp
...I'm working on it; I'll have one when I'm able to put some thought into it

DG's ONs & OFFs

BigBuckBob

No time at the moment, but I wsh to toss my hat in as a rogue/ranger
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

NicciKotor

Quote from: BigBuckBob on February 21, 2011, 09:44:17 AM
No time at the moment, but I wsh to toss my hat in as a rogue/ranger

Two rogues in a gestalt party = KABOOM!

Ershin

Mind if I ask something Ulth? You've said that any Wizards book or Dragon magazine article can be used to create a character, but are there any limitations on that? I can only imagine what kind of havoc a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd would wreak, flying about with greater invisiblity 24/7, manifesting silently with a swathe of minions at its disposal (hypothetical, not actually asking to create such a monstrous thing).

Additionally, since you're allowing LA to be taken on one side of the gestalt, what's your stance on monstrous races that may have a certain squick factor to other players (such as a centaurs, or gnolls)? Again, not asking to play them, simply curious.

ulthakptah

Well the way I see it is that no character can be made without any weaknesses. You see, when a player makes a character they have to be ready for whatever the DM throws at them. The DM on the other hand knows everything about a player and can just make a situation that plays on their weaknesses. It's like if we were playing cards together, but you have to always show me your hand, and I get to pick which cards are in mine. So yes, you could make a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd wreak havoc, but I would just make a metaphorical flyswatter to kill you with.

As for things that make people squick, I allow whatever. So if you feel the need to make a gnoll that likes getting pounded by centaurs, that's cool. Just don't expect the other player to join in on your reindeer games. Also it would be good to tell me if the character you make would push the game into the extreme section of the forum. I don't want to put it in the exotic section then later have to move it.

Videospirit

I was thinking of joining the previous one but it filled up while I was making up my mind. I'm jumping on this one.

ulthakptah

You should make you sheet fast. The game hasn't been open for even a day and two players already have finished characters.

Ershin

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 02:54:07 PMSo yes, you could make a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd wreak havoc, but I would just make a metaphorical flyswatter to kill you with.
I don't want to put it in the exotic section then later have to move it.

As I said, those were just hypothetical, mostly out of curiosity (especially the gnoll/centaur thing. I never meant that specific scenario. Squick indeed). That said, making a Thrallherd is always incredibly tempting when Psionics are allowed. Going slightly further into that class, would the Thrall be treated as an NPC and played by the DM if that PRC is used, or would the player get to fully control it? Then again, having a second character at all may be enough to overshadow another PC, even in a gestalt game (possibly even if the Thrall itself wasn't a gestalt or one of the generic classes from Unearthed Arcana). I'd had an interesting idea to use the Thrall to simulate the Dvati race from the Dragon Compendium (ie, being a generally unpowered twin of the Thrallherd), but on reflection it was simply a bad idea.

That said, may I have permission to apply and build some sort of Factotum // Psion?

ulthakptah

No need to be embarrassed, there's nothing wrong with being curious about gnolls and centaurs,(If you can't tell by now I'm just teasing). Factotum // Psion sounds fine, just like with the leadership feat the DM controls your follower/thralls.

Videospirit

I'm going as fast as I can captain, but the engines can't give anymore.

Stats are 16 16 13 13 12 11 +7... my minimum acceptable level. How are you going to be handling multiclass penalties if any?

Thinking Psychic warrior for one of the classes. And considering Crusader and knight for the other.

ulthakptah

I don't know. See I don't actually dish out exp, I just level up players when I think it's appropriate. Now that shouldn't give a person a free pass to ignore multiclass penalties, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I could take away gold for every level or skill points, or health.

Ershin

With some incredibly lucky rolls for stats using the (7d10+8)b6 method in the first post (18, 18, 17, 15, 14, 12 and one throw-away 10) and some less than perfect (though acceptable) rolls for HP, please find attached one Millien Vitols, human Factotum//Psion. Still considering an item list, shopping seems to be the hardest thing to do.

If you would prefer I took the Thrallherd PRC out of the equation for this due to extra the extra GM/DM management involved in such a thing, that would be perfectly acceptable and easy enough to edit. Likewise the Font of Inspiration feat located in there, not sure if feats from the WotC site are actually acceptable or not.

Also, may I ask your ruling on whether or not the Factotum's Brain Over Brawn ability affects Initiative? On one hand it's a dexterity roll and is affected by the Marshal's cha-mod-to-dex-check aura in the Miniatures Handbook, on the other I don't think it specifically says anywhere that it's a dex check.

Keelan

I count three chars up... how many are you looking for?  If it's 4-5, I'll be throwing my hat in (if I can), though it would be by tomorrow that my character would be done most likely.

Oh, and I did stats in one rolling, so it's... https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=22979 with all of them at +8 to give me 12,15,15,15,16,16 which is not a bad setup by any means.

ulthakptah

Ershin: very cute picture, I don't mind the extra work with the thrallherd and I'll say that Brain Over Brawn affects Initiative. Do you want to make your thrall or do you just want me to make it?

Keelan: Let's say 4-5, I'm not in a big rush to start the game tonight so I can wait till tomorrow. Then I guess I'll pick the characters I liked the most and start the game.

Edit:Nicci, Ershin, and DGblitz are safe and shouldn't worry about people taking their spots.

Ershin

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 05:49:48 PM
Ershin: very cute picture, I don't mind the extra work with the thrallherd and I'll say that Brain Over Brawn affects Initiative. Do you want to make your thrall or do you just want me to make it?

Well, I honestly wouldn't mind making it. Building characters is one of the most fun aspects of the game to me besides the actual role playing, though do you have any preferences as to what the Thrall should be, or any rules it should follow? Such as it being a single-class character rather than gestalt or multiclass, using 6(3d6) instead of 7(1d10+8)b6 for stats, or not using "advanced" classes such as druids, wizards, (or possibly Tome of Battle / Tome of Magic / Magic of Incarnum classes) etc?
Also, since you'll be taking charge of it do you have a gender or race preference?

ulthakptah

I see no reason why it shouldn't be made to the same specifications as one of the players. The only difference I would say is that because thralls basically has a weaker minds that you dominated and took over making them love and worship you, that they should only have class levels with bad will saves, and wisdom should be a dump stat. Other than that do what you want. I do feel more comfortable controlling males, but as the DM I will have to control females at some point, so whatever you do choose is fine. Along with the thrall's sheet I would like some information on how you want your thrall to act. Like if you want it to be like an adoring fan, faithful bodyguard, maid, or butler, so on so forth. Also you can make up the background of the thrall too.