News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Question for Republicans - What do you think of Paul Ryan?

Started by Oniya, August 12, 2012, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on August 18, 2012, 07:14:50 PM
She was reeeeeallllly anti-religion, Oni. Like, a lot.

And that's only part of it.  The bitterness aspect is still off-putting, but now when I see the neo-cons idolizing her, I feel like I'm watching those office-supply commercials with the BTO soundtrack.  It's like - did you listen to the bit before the chorus?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

Okay, I'm starting to think the Mayans were right.  I just read FOX News' report on Ryan's speech, and I suspect the End Times are approaching.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz252KCoPO7
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Avis habilis

That must have been cross-posted from an parallel universe where Fox is a news organization.

Trieste

Quote from: Oniya on August 30, 2012, 09:34:39 AM
Okay, I'm starting to think the Mayans were right.  I just read FOX News' report on Ryan's speech, and I suspect the End Times are approaching.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz252KCoPO7

*slow blink* Well, they're right...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on August 30, 2012, 10:36:46 AM

I guess that as a rich kid growing up Ryan must have peed in Rupert Murdoch's pool. 

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on August 30, 2012, 10:36:46 AM

Yes, but this is from the 'GOP can do no wrong' network.  When FOX starts calling out the Republican VP candidate, you've got to wonder.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 30, 2012, 11:04:54 AM
Yes, but this is from the 'GOP can do no wrong' network.  When FOX starts calling out the Republican VP candidate, you've got to wonder.

Opinion page, bet this never made it far on the air.

Beguile's Mistress

I could be wrong but I think Sally Kohn is FOX's token dissenter.  You know.  The one they keep around just so they can say they are fair and impartial?

AndyZ

I didn't watch the speech, but I've got a question out there for those who are more informed than me.

There's a lot of talk going around about this plant that shut down in 2008, but I also found this: http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/feb/19/gm-plant-last-day-finalized/

If it closed in late 2008, how come their local paper has it in April 2009?  Was there more than one plant?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Valerian

No, there was only one plant.  Production of SUVs was stopped in December 2008, but a few workers, about 100 out of the original 1,300 employees, kept working for another few months because there was a contract for some trucks that needed to be filled.  The plant was already doomed; part of what they did those last few months was to officially decommission the plant.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/08/30/160320776/janesville-debate-dissecting-ryans-claim-obamas-promise-the-facts

Ryan supporters are still working overtime to support everything their golden boy said, though they really don't have a lot of facts on their side, from what I've read.  Politifact stubbornly refuses to change their "False" rating about the Janesville claim, for example.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Serephino

I... It... He.... *explodes*

Even if it was never aired, you don't see stuff like this from Fox.  It admits most of the problems with the economy were the Republican's fault.  What I wonder is if someone high up finally realized they don't have a snowball's chance in hell while allied with the crazy extremists.  All the bad press these retards are getting can't be good.  They don't know how to keep their mouths shut.

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI