Adventure/fighting RPG interest check

Started by Blackbird, January 19, 2010, 09:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbird

Greetings, and welcome to Berlaga,” arose a garbled voice in your ear that sounded neither benign nor welcoming. A square of transparent colored light appeared in front of your left eye, and the head of a dark figure was depicted in that incorporeal window. The figure wore a black hood that obscured its face, but you could make out some sort of device worn over its mouth and chin - a voice synthesizer.

I am known as the Referee,” the anonymous, monotone voice continued. ““You have been selected to participate in the Invisible Tournament - a grand mixed martial arts battle royale against the world‘s top one-thousand fighters. You have been relieved of all weapons, you will fight hand-to-hand in close quarters combat. There are no other rules. You are all assigned a rank at random, from 1 to 1000. You have one week to score in the top one hundred ranks, or you will die. The tournament starts…now. Let the games begin.

With that closing remark, the figure disappeared, leaving you alone in the solitude of a great island wilderness.

--------------

Hey all! Please don’t be turned away by this china-wall of a post I wrote! It’s not very complicated, it just takes quite a few words to explain. Please bear with me!

The story behind this RP, inspired by fighting games such as Tekken and DOA, has been stewing in my head for a long time now, and I want to give it a try. I have the entire plot in my head, what I’m looking for is just a few people to be the  primary protagonists and live it out. Just a fair warning: I want to actually finish this RP, so I encourage only those of you who will stick it out to the end to join. I don’t plan on it taking very long - perhaps a few weeks of consistent posting - so don’t join if you think you can’t post regularly, (once or twice every day or so is all I ask), or won’t play through the conclusion. So you know what you’re getting into, I will now describe the basic ideas.

The setting takes place on a large deserted island where 1000 people from across the globe have been forcibly abducted and delivered to. The abductees must participate in a mysterious event, the Invisible Tournament, in order to survive. Players start in remote locations with nothing more than the clothes they are wearing and a strange device - much like a wireless headset - fused around their left ear. This device, known as a Scanner, projects a holographic eyepiece in front of their left eye. Its purposes and functions will be discovered in-game.

Also, the exact nature of the event is a mystery as well. (To be discovered in-game). But what I will let you in on is this:

The tournament has no rules, other then achieve one of the top one-hundred ranks in seven days time.
To gain a higher rank, you must fight someone of higher rank then yourself. To gain that rank, you must kill its previous holder.

Needless to say, this game is going in the Extreme section, for action violence, blood, some language, (and of course!) X-rated content. Note: While sexual scenes are a possibility and bonds and relationships between characters are encouraged, I want most of the emphasis to be on the story and the fighting, not the sex.

If you like this idea and wish to join, PM me or reply in this thread. I don’t mean to be selective, but I’m only looking for a few (2 or 3?) players, so first-come is not first-serve. I will not have a character of my own per se, but I will control all NPCs, including several major characters that players will inevitably encounter. What I ask is that you post or PM me a profile describing your character as thoroughly as you can. I also have my own rules for the fighting mechanics, which I will post later.

So, who wants in?

Crovonovin

I must say that I'm intrigued by this idea.  Just a few brief questions.  Are there any specific details concerning our characters that you want set in stone?  A sheet or anything of that nature, or should we just wing it?  Secondly, would our own characters have a possibility of dying by the end of the story, or would the protagonists be doing all of the hypothetical killing?

Blackbird

Glad you're interested Shihong!  ;D

Character sheets? Nah, just wing it. I don't care so long as I get a good mental image of who this person is. Although, I suppose some fun things to include would be things like your default ready stance, typical fighting style, and what color your Scanner's holographic eyepiece is.

And yes, it is quite possible that players may die. I know every GM says that to keep players from getting out of control, but it's true in this case. How you wish to play is up to you. If your character is a pacifist and absolutely refuses to kill, that's just fine. If you want to be a homicidal maniac, I won't stop you. Just be aware that most people on the island are out beat the daylights out of you, so stay alert, keep your guard up, and trust no one!

Also, and this is an announcement for everyone, I've decided against the rules for combat I was working on. Forget I even mentioned anything about that, we're just going to keep it simple. Just write out what it is you're attempting to do (punch, tornado kick, submission hold, whatever...) and I'll let you know if it works or not. I think we'll be fine that way.

iridum248

I find I'm quite interested in this. ^_^

Hmmmm, how about this?

http://www.leeroo.com/view-232_1256881192800.jpg

I'm thinking a moveset based on Whip from King of Fighters- And a girl not afraid of using her body to get her way~

Blackbird

Nice! I like the picture, but remember that there are "no weapons" in this event.

...But there are also *cough cough* "no rules". I suppose if you really REALLY wanted to aquire a whip later on, I could think of a way to fit it into the story. So, how about you whip up (no pun intended) a profile for your character. No requirements, just put together something fun and descriptive.

iridum248

All rightie:

Name: Iella Sinclaire
Styles: Mixed (Theory: Augmented?)

Background:

The Sinclaire family is the current owner of several profitable megacorps, despite recent scandals that've rocked their supporters- As the fifth daughter of the family, from the patriach's third wife, Iella is the 'bad seed' of the family; A rich girl with no other purpose than to be safely married off to the next wealthy degenerate that came along. Unfortunately, willful as she was, she slipped out of an arranged marriage, and with as many funds as she could steal, embarked on a joyride into exile.

A fiery, sultry redhead, Iella's goals are fun *and* profit, enough to support her decidedly wild lifestyle; She's been trained well, as a fighter, thanks to the best teachers money can buy- Her wealthy but distant parents thinking that it was just a *phase* she was going through. Still, she's found that she's enjoyed the frentic combination of violence and desire- And, of course, the chance to inflict *pain* on her opponents- in the ring, and has supported her lifestyle by a series of wins...With the occassional dalliance with bored, rich men. She's not above using her body to get her way, and her aristocratic appearance is belied by her *very* vicious fighting style.

She's in the tournament out of curiosity, really, and also because her funds are running out. 

(OOC: Mmmm, X-rated content? I'm thinking Iella is more up for casual flings, one-night stands, and *very* exploitative sexual encounters than 'romantic' ones. She's in it for a fun time, after all, and it's very likely she'd use her charms on the ugly but rich sponsors~)

Blackbird

iridum, you're in. Just keep in mind that you did not freely enter the Invisible Tournament. Everyone was abducted, remember? All you would remember is suddenly blacking out, only to awake on a god-forsaken island and forced to fight to survive.

iridum248

Fair enough, tell me when we get started. -_^

Blackbird