A long shot O.o but a psp question?

Started by Zoophilian, March 22, 2011, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoophilian

Hiya all, I know E is hardly the place for such a quesiton but Why not ya know? Its off topic for a reason, Anyway..

About two weeks ago i bought myself a Psp used from amazon, When i got it in the mail i eagerly tried to play my  Tactics Ogre game and the analog stick pulled Right and Down whiel still being centered, If that makes sense, So i shelled out ten bux (With shipping) To get myself a new analog Assembly, Ive changed faceplates before so this wasnt to hard, I got it in and installed >_> Same thing, I tried ajusting the tension with the screws, Nothin seems to work O.o anyone have any advice? Outside of returning it >_> Would take a week to get it back to the seller, Then another week for a new one to get to me >< I swear ordering online would be alot easier if people were just honest about what they have.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zoophilian

ITS already Calibrated best i can tell, Joysens (Have been using) Tells me that the analog is at 0.0 (Centered) despite being aimed at -128/-128 (Down and right).

Oniya

Another site I found suggested this: 
QuoteTake it off the board and carefully remove the band that holds the back on. Carefully lift the back off. Without taking it apart further or setting it down center the two slides back on the point in the center. Replace the back cover. Before you replace the retainer clip give it a SLIGHT bend so it holds inward pressure and snap it back on.

Since a replacement of the stick itself didn't work, it's got to be something in the main unit, and this looks like a quick troubleshooting step.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zoophilian

@.@ Sounds tricky, DOnt suppose you have imagery to go with this surgery for my psp?

Oniya

Well, you'd mentioned that you'd taken it apart before - a retaining clip is usually a piece of rather thin metal, with the sole purpose of holding the bit that it's retaining in one place.  All you'd be doing is rebending it to give it a firmer grip.

The original post didn't have any diagrams, but I tracked down this:  http://dl.qj.net/psp/tools-utilities-on-pc/the-psp-ultimate-repair-guide-v1.html which looks like it might also be useful.