Rise of the Magic Kingdom - CLOSED

Started by mia h, November 27, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

This is definitely a work in progress, so what I'm looking for are people who either interested or interested and would like to help fill in some of the blanks and help polish the backstory.

Backstory:

Life in the Magic Kingdom had become quiet, almost too quiet. Over the years the powers of evil had become sick of losing to their so called good counterparts so Maleficent and Jafar drew up a scheme to conquer the Magic Kingdom. But getting all the wrong into the right places takes time, so for those years the Magic Kingdom because a veritable Eden.
When Maleficent and Jafar struck there first move was to kidnap all of the Princes and Fairies, as they had always been the reason any previous attempt at world domination had failed, but Merryweather managed to perform one last bit of magic before she was captured transforming the Princesses into warriors capable of retaking the Magic Kingdom, so the sisters were doin' it for themselves.

After the smoke cleared, with Maleficent and Jafar now rotting in the deepest darkest dungeon, the Magic Kingdom needs two things; rebuilding and someone to lead. Which is where our story begins.

The game is one of palace intrigue, where the various princesses are all candidates in a palace election to become Queen. It was decided that as the princesses were the ones that saved the day, maybe it was time to let them control for a change. (I'm still thinking about a couple of different ways to do the election(s), but however it ends up nobody is going to be voted out of the game.) Now for the Princes, they have something else to gain, even though one Princess will become Queen she will have to marry, so earning the next Queen's favour could be very advantageous.

So it's not a traditional interpretation of the Disney Princesses, as they need the attitude to match the armour but it shouldn't stray into Game of Thrones levels of bloodshed either.

Rules:
Game is going to free form, sandbox with the occasional prod from the GM

Characters

The characters come in a few different flavours:

Princess
The princesses are all the women that Merryweather gave a magical boost to and foiled Maleficent and Jafar's plans. So as long their image and attitude looks like it would fit in with the eight ladies above then could be considered a potential princess for the game. For example Wendy Darling could have lead the Lost Boys after Peter Pan was kidnapped and so she would be eligible to be elected Queen.

Prince
Again there's always a certain amount of wiggle room about who could be classed as a Prince, but for the most part they are the Disney male leads who got their asses kidnapped. Although a character like Tinkerbell could be included as Prince because she was kidnapped and wasn't involved in the foiling of plots.

Plebs
Anyone who isn't a Princess or Prince.

Peasants
NPC's that anyone can control

No Fly List
NPC's that are either directly controlled by the GM or need GM approval before using them. It's not to hard to imagine people sneaking down into the dungeon to try and get Jafar's help, so to make sure there isn't a long queue outside his cell door....

There is a maximum of 2 characters per person and only 1 prince or princess per person.

Elections

Any princess can call a vote at any time, although anyone who calls for one every five minutes is going to upset the election monitors. Because it's not a populist democracy only Princesses and Princes get to vote, but to stop the game from coming to a screeching halt everyone should records their votes before anyone calls an election.
The ballots are simple enough just PM the list of Princesses in your preferred order, anytime you change your mind about the order just send another PM. Then when a election is called it's just a simple case of adding up the existing votes.

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

PhantomPistoleer

Interested in playing a prince.  Especially if the princesses look like that.  ::drools::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

TeacupTwink

Can I take Snow White? :O

A pretty version of course, the one in the awesome picture looks... constipated.

I know there are no character claims yet, but hey. I'm going to let it be known who I want to play.  ::)

mia h

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 27, 2013, 03:17:10 PM
Interested in playing a prince.  Especially if the princesses look like that.  ::drools::

Well there's something about the picture that says there's a story in there somewhere, it's just trying to come up with an idea that suits the picture.

Mathim

Seeing Jasmine in that getup makes me want to play a kinky Genie...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zaer Darkwail

I would voice interest to be one the princes, the premise looks very interesting :).

Mathim

Shit man, it's become a total sausage fest in here. Where are the ladies who want to play the sexy badass princesses?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

Quote from: Mathim on November 29, 2013, 12:13:44 PM
Where are the ladies who want to play the sexy badass princesses?

If only there was a simple answer to that

Sharon

RampantDesires

I've always liked that picture and the chance to play a badass princess in a group setting seems fun.  So definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Ember Star

OMG! I would LOVE to be in on this. IDK who I want yet. Probably either Mulan or Ariel.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Are you only including the ones in that picture or are you including al the princesses?

Then there's also the newest princess
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Imogen

I'd sign up for a Princess, favorites would be Aurora or Yasmine.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

mia h

Quote from: Ember Star on November 29, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Are you only including the ones in that picture or are you including al the princesses?

All of the ones in the picture give off a certain attitude, so I'm definitely not expecting the princesses to act like their Disney selves. So no calling on woodland creatures to tidy the house but if they called on the local pack of wolves to rip their enemies to bits would be fine, but they need to look like they're capable of doing that. Which is a very long winded way of saying as long as the picture fits in the attitude and general of the rest then it shouldn't be a problem, I just want to have a look at it first.
And while this isn't titled as Mulan it's probably close enough

Ember Star

Well there's a fair amount of warrior princes pictures out there (especially of Mulan since she's already a bad ass). Though it's mainly art. However I think this answers my second question which was "do we have to use the models in that picture?"

I may lean towards Ariel now as it would be difficult for me to play Mulan so scantily clad. This is more Mulan to me

Same with the others, I can't help but wonder "what is that even protecting?" on a couple of them. LOL. But I love the concept, and some of those ladies look quite "mmmm" ;D

Kerri

I'm interested in playing Belle. I usually shy away from group games, but this seems interesting.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

PhantomPistoleer

I, on the other hand, am interested in playing the Beast.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Imogen

Darn Phantom...that would have made a nice Raja, Yasmine's tiger :-P
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Imogen on November 30, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Darn Phantom...that would have made a nice Raja, Yasmine's tiger :-P

Hmm!  Indeed he would!  I didn't know you wanted to be Jasmine.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Imogen

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 30, 2013, 05:41:01 PM
Hmm!  Indeed he would!  I didn't know you wanted to be Jasmine.

Either Yasmine or Aurora..but uhhh, a handsome tiger at my side would make that decision easier ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

HeavenAbove

Definitely interested, concept sounds great :)

Ember Star

Considering that the Princes are suppose to be the "damsels in distress" in this version, a beefed up tiger might work well. If Mia would allow it.

He is hot looking ;)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ember Star on November 30, 2013, 05:57:28 PM
Considering that the Princes are suppose to be the "damsels in distress" in this version, a beefed up tiger might work well. If Mia would allow it.

He is hot looking ;)

YEP!  After talking it over with Imogen, I have DEFINITELY decided that that dude up there is Rajah, if and only if she settles upon Jasmine.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Imogen

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 30, 2013, 06:10:27 PM
YEP!  After talking it over with Imogen, I have DEFINITELY decided that that dude up there is Rajah, if and only if she settles upon Jasmine.

And naturally, since this is an intrige game, he is for rent...for favors -smiles brightly-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jag

>.>

I will remove this if requested to.

But we were discussing the first post picture on Mumble and Andy decided that he could make it better. I just thought I would share the 'better' image with you all that he did in MS Paint.

Andy's Fix

<.<
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment