Vigilante looking for a detective (Allcomers welcome)

Started by Jarod1, March 14, 2015, 03:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarod1

The idea below is one that I've had rolling around in my head for a little while now.  However I would be interested in other idea's as well involving hero's and villains 

Beware the vigilanteHer sister was abducted raped and murdered when Alana was 10 years old.  The man responsible was connected to the right people and got away with a slap on the wrist.  Her parents tried to get passed, but that was something that Alana Marcs couldn't do that despite the front that she put on for her parents.  As she grew up she began to push herself both physically and mentally at first using it as a simple way to channel her anger that she buried at home.  She learned how to fight and studied various combat tactics.  She suffered a few setbacks but she grew stronger with each failure. 

Graduating high school at 18 she would attend law school and join the district attorneys office where she hoped to wage war against the bad people in her city.  It soon became clear to her that working in the system would not be enough to cure what was ailing her city and following another encounter with the man who killed her sister in which he again escaped justice, Alana decided that she couldn’t work solely in the system and decided to take to the streets as a vigilante and protecting those that needed it.

Over the course of 5 years the vigilante known as Vigil became an urban legend.  A name that spread through the underworld and garnered fear from the those that preyed on the weak.  Occasionally she killed but only if she had no other choice.   Most in law enforcement chose to dismiss the legend, but a few on the force we’re tasked with bringing the vigilante in.  In the court room Alana’s reputation as a tough lawyer who fought for justice grew garnering her attention of many enemies and a few friends including a detective who also happened to be hunting the vigilante.  The two became close friends but never more than that as Alana would always push him away if he got too close.  Soon though the time may come when Alana is forced to reveal herself to him as Vigil becomes more than just an Urban Legend and becomes Urban reality and her capture becomes a priority for the police as well as becoming the target of hired assassins.

I am looking for someone to play the detective who is both friends with Alana, and hunting her alter ego.  Also willing to change Alana into Alan if you would prefer to play a female detective.