(Closed) Mercedes Thompson Universe RP: Portland-OR

Started by Diablerie, August 12, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablerie

Quote from: Caela on September 24, 2011, 08:37:48 PM
You guys keep making more yummy mens!!! Had to make another girl myself to keep up! Heheheh...yes I AM greedy! Hekate, let me know what you think...she is totally tweakable!

Name: Morgana Nimue Elaine Blake

Race: 3/4 Fae
            Powers: She sees the truth, very little glamour, fae or vampire, works on her without her consent and lying to her is nearly impossible. Even the half truths that many older Fae delight in ring as false in her ears, not that she bothers telling them that, sometimes you can learn as much from what people are trying not to tell you as from what they actually say. She has an affinity for fire and while she can't call it into being, if it is there it is her's to control as she wills and won't burn her flesh.

Important Position: None

History: Born to a 1/2 Fae mother (who clearly had a soft spot for Arthurian legend) and a full Fae (though lesser, not noble Fae) Father, she grew up on one of the Fae Reservations. She grew up around children like herself, children with gifts and powers similar to her own. She never had the sense of not belonging but was instead fairly popular in their small town. She was raised with an abiding sense of who and what she was, and what she is, is Fae. She doesn't consider her human blood as much of a part of herself beyond the facts that it ground her into the human world and, according to the doctors on the Fae Reservation, it has made her more fertile than most full Fae. A fact that she likes knowing but now one she worries herself with at the moment, and doesn't plan to for a long time.

When she reached 18 she used her status as part-Fae, and the excellent grades she'd always managed in school despite seeming to be a bit of a party girl, to earn a scholarship to Yale Law. She specialized in contract law and arbitration and when she graduated in the top two percent of her class she took a job with a small, but prestigious, law firm in the Portland area and never even thought of looking back to her reservation though she does have a portion of her pay set aside and donated to her old school every year.

She's been in Portland for only a couple of years and has enjoyed the city immensely. She resides in her own townhouse and blends in with the human population. While she feels drawn to Diana's Refuge, able to clearly see it for the haven it is, she has also avoided it, not wanting to get involved in the Fae politics that she know surround the place. How not when it's owned by a Fae Lord?

Now though her curiosity is getting the better of her and she knows she'll have to step foot past those doors soon or have that curiosity drive her mad.

*Get's the Scarlett nudes*  ;)

APPROVED!

Caela

Kokaine

For your approval Hekate:

'The Four' – Vampire NPCs

Name: Sebastian Huges, 'The Ripper'
-is often called deartháir beag/little brother by Macha
-is sometimes rudely referred to as 'The Jack of Hearts'

True Age / Apparent Age: 151 / 28

Appearance: See pic. 5'10", 165 lbs, has tattoos down his arms, and almost always wears gloves.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Beyond the usual enhanced speed, strength, and senses, Sebastian's most valuable gifts lie in his exceptional hands. He can perform sleight of hand tricks that can fool even the supernaturally gifted if they only rely upon their eyes and his aim with blade or firearm is near perfect as long as he is able to accurately envision the target's end point. He has inherited a touch of his maker's uncontrollable sight, which is accessed through the touch of his hands but is unclear and comes as it wills. He also is able throw his voice considerable distances.

About: Dubbed 'The Ripper' mostly due to the timing of his change and his preferred method of killing (though he was actually in America with Macha at the time of the Whitechapel Murders), Sebastian is a rather amiable fellow for a vampire. His dream was to be a surgeon in life but unfortunately that dream was crushed when he developed a certain reputation. Shamed and discouraged, he instead found success as a magician... though success is a bit generous considering Macha discovered him when he attempted to relieve her of her jewelery at knife point one evening.

Very laid back, Sebastian finds amusement in just about anything and goes through his existence with a certain amount of glee not usually associated with Vampires. It is easy to see that he serves his Queen with every fiber of his being—not only because to do less would mean his end as it did the others before him, but because it was she that first showed him the inherent beauty that lay in death and freed him from his foolish mortal ways.

He is forbidden from ever touching her skin with his hands.

Name: Kanti, 'The Blind Priestess'

True Age / Apparent Age: 234 / 30

Appearance: See pic. 5'5" tall, very curvy build.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Possesses a flawless memory and exceptional senses, despite being well and truly blind. Has the ability to see magic and even read magic signatures.

About: In her mortal life, Kanti—her name chosen, not given—had begun to go blind at an early age. This was completely unacceptable to her and in searching for a cure she became obsessed with possessing eternal youth and immortality along with restored eyesight.

She is the only one of the Four to have sought out vampires intentionally, she knew they would either kill her while she was still young and possessing the last of her sight, or possibly give her that which she craved most.

Hearing of a mortal who knew far too much of their kind, Macha fully intended to kill the woman. However, upon first meeting, Kanti greeted Macha and appealed to her vanity and interest in things 'unique'. Possessing an impressive knowledge of the Arcane as well as a large collection of treasures, Macha at first drew Kanti to her menagerie with the intent of keeping her only as long as her blood would last but the woman had a knack for proving herself indispensable. Though her eyesight got better over time, upon her turning she woke to find her normal sight gone completely, instead leaving her with the ability to see shadows with no detail except where magic is involved.

Name: Yoichi, 'Kyūbi no Kitsune' (Nine-tailed fox)

True Age / Apparent Age: 304 / 32

Appearance: Stands near 6'6" tall, with broad shoulders, and lean musculature. Has black eyes and black hair that falls down his back to his waist.

Race and Powers: Vampire. The Kitsune possesses exceptional reflexes, and received the gift of exceptional speed from his maker though his strength is only average for one of his kind/age. However, in addition to the usual perks, Yoichi is a Master of shadows: he can call or disperse the shadows, has a form of teleportation that allows him to travel in the shadows, and can hide within them, cloaking his form or anything he is touching within them. He can also shapeshift into the form of a black fox (more the size of a medium-large dog) with red eyes. Is Shinobi/Ninja and well versed in their ways.

About: It is said that some generations back, his great-great-great grandfather was visited by a Kitsune in disguise and that they fell in love. If tales are true then she gave him great fortune in the form of the 9 sons that she bore. After the birth of her ninth she disappeared, said to have been called back to serve her true master after revealing her nature to her beloved husband. Indeed Yoichi's family was blessed with fortune until his father ruined it by dabbling in magics he knew nothing of, bringing a demon down upon him.

Yoichi was born of violence and brutality, and after his mother died he was sent to live with her relatives and taught in the ways of the Shinobi. A quiet man of great patience and intelligence, he took quickly to his craft and earned the name Kitsune for his crafty ways and seeming invincibility. When he was fully grown, he took up a quest for vengeance, seeking his father who had somehow managed not to be consumed entirely by his demon rider. The Queen, seeking to be rid of the demon infestation that would threaten her hunting grounds, offered him the power to be able to take on his father in exchange for eternity at her side. Holding a part of his father's taint, it was not a deal he could refuse.

Name: Tatianna Vizzini

True Age / Apparent Age: 41 / 26

Appearance: See pic. 5'9" tall.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Heightened strength, speed, and senses. Though she is not yet sure how, she is able to take the edge off of Macha's madness/mood swings for a short periods of time. Powers still developing.

About: Tatianna was born in California to wealthy parents but quickly grew bored with her spoiled lifestyle. Tired of being pampered and coddled, she developed a rather large streak of recklessness and while she was attending school in Portland that streak unfortunately led her directly into the path of the Queen on a hunt. Luckily, Macha was taken with her instantly... more in the way a cat watched a bird in fascination but still, it saved her life. There was/is something about the woman that calls to the Red Queen, something that soothes yet inspires hunger all the same and so Macha protects her in a way she does few others.

Tatianna aims to take the Arch Duchess' place as the Queen's lady in waiting and lover.

Human in Thrall

Name: Eddie Castro

Race and Powers: Human with a touch of fae. He has the ability to completely be-spell people with his dancing.

Appearance: 6ft tall, 175lbs, usually has a very thin goatee, and has a three tattoos.

About: Originally hailing from Miami, Florida, Eddie found himself in Portland after some seriously bad choices left him and his mother constantly ducking thugs out to get him. After his mother was attacked they packed up and moved clear across the country. He promised his mother he was going to do better this time and while he started out with the best of intentions, he quickly fell back into the dangerous lifestyle that had drawn him originally.

Unable to take it, his mother kicked him out the day he turned 18 and told him not to call her until he got his life together.  He couldn't blame her, but things haven't been easy for him on his own. He has mostly broken free of gang life, though he is constantly tempted back in, and now works as a male exotic dancer at night, while taking classes during the day.

One night when he was working, Macha came into the club (she is the owner, though she doesn't advertise it) with Sebastian. She watched him as he danced, drawn in and yet very conscious of the rest of the audience's reaction to him. She decided then and there that he would be hers. Something to which he had no objection.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

rocknrolla

What's that Boris? Miss Vizzini and the blind priestess are mouthwatering? Yep... that makes the two of us! :D
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Caela

The final call is Hekate's but could I ask for a little more info on the characters please? Basic personality types and maybe why they'd be drawn to Portland. Help's us figure out the best way to fold them into the game. :)

Caela

Totally ok of course! Sorry if I sounded pushy, that wasn't my intention in the least.

Haloriel

I also recommend Patti's website forums to help you. :)  Lots of information there.  Here is a link.  As to the last character - there are no dragons in this mythos. <3  I love that you picked a white which for one of yours on hold - we really need one!  Lets see ...

As to types of wolves, it would help if we had another submissive, if you could stand it, rather than a dominant. :)  But yes, as Caela said, work out reasons as to why your lovely Inuit girl has come to Portland.  As an example, my walker - whom is Navajo and Argentinian - came from the Phoenix area for work and school - and had been a member of the pack down there most of her life - and has now been here for a year as a member of the Portland pack for a year. :)

I mean, Portland is a pretty neat place so its not so difficult to work out as to why.  I recommend taking a look at our Approved Character Gallery to know what we want the bios to look like, in addition.  Lastly, a super welcome to you!  If you have questions do not hesitate to ask, as both Caela and I - Hekate and Idariel have read most, if not all (as in my case) of the books.

Haloriel

Caela

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 01, 2011, 06:58:57 PM
oooh oooh... Idareil too??? *cries* I miss her!!!  Idk about the sub... it would have to be a good reason.. lol.. everyone wants to be an alpha... but living an alpha life makes it hard to be one even in stories...XD... thanks so much for the tips.. I will be back :D

lol Not everyone wants to be an alpha! My wolf isn't either actually. She's an Omega and is actually outside the regular pack structure so she doesn't really count in that regard lol. My vampire is a loner and doesn't crave the power of leadership at all so much as she wants the vampy leaders to leave her to her own devices for the most part, and my Fae girl might have the power to be a top dog in a few hundred years but right now she's still young and shiny and innocent (mostly) and couldn't be anything but submissive in terms of power structure.

Sometimes it's nice not to be an Alpha. As far as this game goes, being a submissive doesn't mean you have to be all meek and mild either. It really just means you don't have the instinctive violence that plagues the Dominant/Alpha wolves. ANY wolf has to take a direct order from their Pack Leader, it is instinctual and instant unless it is something like his ordering them not to challenge him for rank. The exceptions are those wolves that are just bugshit crazy and the rare Omega that crops up now and then. Submissive wolves in this game are still WOLVES and just as dangerous as anyone, even the Alpha's, in a fight, the biggest difference is they don't have the instinctive urge to fight and get into pissing contests over rank (and give Selene raging headaches!) but are a natural source of calm and stability for a Pack. A Pack that doesn't have an Omega can still increase the stability of it's Alpha's by having a lot of submissives to help soothe those natural urges to fight.

O.k., going to shut up now because I am rambling.

Oh! Last thing, being a submissive wolf as far as pack structure, doesn't have to mean they are submissive sexually, just in case that was part of what was tweaking you about the idea of writing one.

/runs off to another thread so she stops rambling.

Kuje

Indeed Caela, and if you think about it, my two characters act as submissives to Liam. Course, Shawnee is just a smart ass, so she tends to annoy Liam but you're right, being submissive for the pack doesn't mean that the char is weak, it just means they're not the top leaders.

Kokaine

*snickers* Sexually Devon is a switch, not a full out submissive... he is also not weak or a pushover, he's just very sensitive to pack energy and tends to get a little anxious when the fighting/violence breaks out. But he has all the same instincts and urges of his pack, just things are a bit muted when it comes to violence outside of a hunt.

I think Tori is only as Dominant and high ranked as she is purely out of stubbornness. :P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Haloriel

Aww. <3 But I love your rambles, Caela.  You can ramble with me any time ... I mean ... ~cackle~!

Don't mind me, I am in a goof mood tonight. <3  But yes.  I would say the only dominant characters I really have are still bound to obey others. :D

Roisin is definitely not dominant - but she can be stubborn and she's young.  Aloysius is old - but is first loyal to his Queen - even if it does not look like it LOL ... Nizhona turns off like a switch rather like Samuel - actually - but is very bound to Rory and knows her limits.  She doesn't hold any true rank in the pack at the present due to plot reasons ...  >:)

... Mikhail is probably my only character not bound below anyone but the Grey Lords.  ~wicked grin~  Did I happen to mention today that Victoria is sexy? :D  Devon is adorable!

~drags Caela away for special rambles in a nice closet~

Okay evil moment done.  Cookies anyone? <3

Kokaine

*Laughs* I do so love your evil moments, Haloriel.

Victoria will be pleased to know someone thinks she's sexy :P And Devon knows he's adorable, wait til he starts using it on purpose. O:)

Make sure you bring Caela back coherent! Jimmy will be upset if Selene disappears on him.

*takes a cookie*

All my characters answer to someone except for Macha... and she's Nucking Futs so its kinda scary that she's in charge, hehe. Jimmy isn't YET bound to anyone... he probably could fight Rory's order if he wanted to. But there's not a good reason for him to do so with his wolf so new. :-)

My O/Os

Caela

Hehehe...I am coherent!

Working on Selene but she is being a pest tonight. Just sits back in my head looking at Jimmy going, "yummyyummyyummyyummy!!!" Trying to tell her that's not helpful just makes her giggle!

On the other hand, Kokaine, would you mind if Rosslyn jumps ahead of Macha in posting? She is chomping at the bit on me lol.

Sometimes I hate it when they get ideas of their own!!

Kokaine

Quote from: Caela on October 01, 2011, 08:45:58 PM
Hehehe...I am coherent!

Working on Selene but she is being a pest tonight. Just sits back in my head looking at Jimmy going, "yummyyummyyummyyummy!!!" Trying to tell her that's not helpful just makes her giggle!

Guess that's better than Jimmy trying to talk with his mouth full O:)

On the other hand, Kokaine, would you mind if Rosslyn jumps ahead of Macha in posting? She is chomping at the bit on me lol.

Sometimes I hate it when they get ideas of their own!!

Tis fine by me ^^  Macha is going to release her anyhow... she's distracted by her own feelings so you can have Rosslyn just extract herself from Macha's embrace. She requires a whole shift in mindset to write as opposed to the other characters so she it taking a bit... besides she keeps telling me she feels her Kitsune coming so I have to wait until Hekate pops back in and gives the okay on the NPCs. :)

My O/Os

Haloriel

LOL.  You guys are great. :D  And by all means.  Do post ... Breckenridge is having a drink in the Red Parlour ... Muhaha. :D

And thank you.  My evil is tailor made for the best shenanigans ever.   8-) 

That's right ... work those shades.  Mmm-hmm. :D  Lol.  Nucking Futs.  AHAHAHA.  Still giggling ... LOL.

Omg Kitsune ... /moan.  Holy heck woman! :D  Also when mine are approved - Noelle is sort of a back and forth fixture at the Seethe - as she works for Breckenridge - and Macha would know her pretty well.  I've not decided if she lets the vampires nibble or not.  We'll have to play that out very carefully.

Kokaine

Hehe...Glad to hear you like Kitsune, he'll be out and about a lot ^^

The vampires are open to play with other races if they are willing, or a player is willing to let their character be taken. >:) And they each have their own style *snickers*

My O/Os

Haloriel

Caela

Quote from: Kokaine on October 01, 2011, 08:55:22 PM
Guess that's better than Jimmy trying to talk with his mouth full O:)

Tis fine by me ^^  Macha is going to release her anyhow... she's distracted by her own feelings so you can have Rosslyn just extract herself from Macha's embrace. She requires a whole shift in mindset to write as opposed to the other characters so she it taking a bit... besides she keeps telling me she feels her Kitsune coming so I have to wait until Hekate pops back in and gives the okay on the NPCs. :)

Thanks hun.

Idariel

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 01, 2011, 06:58:57 PM
oooh oooh... Idareil too??? *cries* I miss her!!!  Idk about the sub... it would have to be a good reason.. lol.. everyone wants to be an alpha... but living an alpha life makes it hard to be one even in stories...XD... thanks so much for the tips.. I will be back :)
aww !! so sweet! I haven't been much in the Storyteller's cafe as I've been a bit sick this month, all sorts of silliness going on, and I know I don't have time for the monthly challenge, it would just make me sad to go peek there! <hugs> I'm even really behind here, but everyone is so kind to me!! Poor Kuje and Haloriel too have waited over a week for my posts!

Caela wrote: Oh! Last thing, being a submissive wolf as far as pack structure, doesn't have to mean they are submissive sexually, just in case that was part of what was tweaking you about the idea of writing one.
That's very true, and its also true that they aren't weak physically! My lovely submissive is 5'11 and once trained will be a capable fighter – but she'll never love it, and always only fight when she must.
If you read the lovely job Lady Kaine (kokaine) is doing with Devon, our other Pack Submissive, you'll see that they aren't weak, or cowards!! Devon is going to get to defeat the Rogue Wolf in a fight, and everything!

<giggles> this is just what Jeremiah did the other day. ALL he wanted to do was just look at Tori and go “Mine, all mine!”

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 01, 2011, 11:26:21 PM
lol, I'm up...XD.  As an alpha, you are even more bound than any of the others to provide and lead the pack in all things, so it's not about power etc.   
In this  world, being Alpha has a very specific meaning … it means you lead a werewolf Pack, and answer only to the Marrok. That is why Jimmy merely is presented as having a powerful enough wolf to be a 'potential' alpha. So you could not be an actual one, since we have an Alpha (Rory).
In addition, females are not permitted to be Alphas, they are rare in werewolves and precious; Tori is allowed her place in the Dominance rankings only as a special favor from the Marrok, in order to help protect her as she was very young when she was changed.
We have a lot of dominate wolves, and so far it has been requested that only more submissives apply for the pack.
In this game world, I do not believe that there are any other weres, besides Wolves.

You could be a walker, which would side-step the whole Dominate/Submissive thing, or you could simply be a Fae who could turn into a tiger or a dragon. <grin>

You could even be a crazy Fae who could turn into a tiger or  dragon who thought she really was a were and ought to be permitted to join the wereowlf pack! <giggles> wouldn't that give everyone fits, from Rory to Liam to Miss Calliegh Smith … Miss Smith is the Grey Lord's hatchet man, and the reason all the local Fae control themselves … she's the limit on our power!!

Maybe I should try and switch my intro character (as this wonderful conversation above is why I didn't not elaborate too much on any just yet) and start out as another, if it is okay with everyone.  I would rather be "rogue" or a loner to start out than a team submissive.... and Yea...I'm weird....
You do not want to be a rogue … a rogue will be killed or forced to join. There are Lone Wolves, but females are once again not permitted to go Lone Wolf. So … I think you would be happier as a Walker! Did you get the chance to read through Hekate's wonderful notes on walkers?

I'm afraid you also can't start playing until you get approval, my dear!! But we'll try to get you through this; tell you what, Haloriel and I will put together a character sheet template, stolen from all the lovely approved characters, so you know just what we need!! We'll post it right here both for you and so that others can see if we forgot anything! And … I'll put a spot for Scent <grin> since so many supernaturals can smell so well.

Oh! About walkers .. they need to have some Native American blood … that is part of their mythos, that they are the children of the actual Great Spirits, like Wolf and Coyte and so on.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116182.msg5057014#msg5057014
Here is that lovely post of Hekate, that goes over what exists in this lovely, complex world!

I am a dom/dom gamer/writer and there are times when all doms, per say, switch and move their energy is a more submissive manner for specific reasons and later, once comfortable, I can gently slip into a more submissive character. 
Hmm … perhaps we weren't clear? It isn't a matter of sexual preferences, at all; or even a matter of assertiveness, (although Sasha is shy, you needn't take her as a template) it is a matter of not having violent tendencies, not needing to be in charge and in control at all times!! 
But if large and in charge is how you roll, my dear, then please consider my ideas of how you might use those lovely pictures and fit your comfort zone as well!! 

We'll hash out a basic character sheet for you as fast as possible!! Then I'll peak one more time at your character list, but I can tell you right now that what we most need is your human white witch!!
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

WhiteTigerForever

Thanks Idariel.. you, as always are so kind.. *hugs*..

I am very very aware of the pack mind and mentality of the wolves... lol, my 2nd primary spirit guide is an arctic female alpha... lol and my primary is a Siberian Tiger... I understand and live through their guidance and eyes in rl.. lol.   You might like Desna someday if you read it.. :D 

Thanks guys and you are all awesome.  I suppose if where my comfort zone for writing doesn't fit into the bigger picture that is needed here, perhaps this simply just may be a matter of, "it's just not the right one for me"... nbd... and thanks..

Fae are the short form for the modern interpretation of Fairies, and they are not shape shifters as much as size shifters, being spirits of the East and of Air...

Witch in rl for over 15 years.. lol.. :D  Thanks again guys! 
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Haloriel

As there has been eight pages of chatter, I thought links to the original posts might help future folks interested in this game!

Werewolves begin here!

Our Portland Alpha is Rory McGregor - played by RocknRolla.
Nice guy, for a controlling ... dominating ... Ahem.

Walkers begin here!
These are Native American - which means groupings like: Sioux, Navajo, Ojibwe, Seminole, Aleutian, Iroquois, Salish ... First Nations folks, not European, not Asian (I specify this as not everyone even has a clue what 'Native American' means - and we must consider that. <3).

Vampires Here!

Of which we have a Queen and her name is Macha. Also known as Nucking Futs.  But I wouldn't say that to her face if I were you.  >:)

And we have our Fae here!

Our leads with Fae are Liam Conlaoch and Caileigh Ann Smith. Aside from the mysterious and never seen Grey Lords.

And our magical humans! :D The Witches, Wizards, and Sorcerers in the world!

Example of a fine Wizard, the lovely Tanith!

And character sheet is reprised below! Do add pictures (of a reasonable size please) above and below, or to the left and right with BBC code if you wish!

Character Template Inside - Click for Goodies
QuoteName:(Insert name here)

True Name
True Name:(Insert True Name Here)

Sex/Age:(Insert Sex/Age/Apparent Age here)

Appearance: (Give a few paragraphs of appearance here)

Personality & Other Traits: (This is optional, but helps the rest of us know where your character stands on a basic level)

Race and Powers: (Give your race - Fae, Human, Were, Walker and then powers here - flying, what have you.)

Scent:(Technically Optional but a cool section all things considered!)

Important position(This is if within your race you have a position of rank - this is rare, generally.)

Brief History:(This is your history - give us a few paragraphs on where your character has been in life and why they are now in the Portland area - or how they have lived in the Portland area if local.)

Idariel

Yay! Great job, Haloriel thank you for putting this all in one place! <3
Lol and for finding Hekate's Character sheet!!

<hugs WTF> Whatever you feel will be comfortable for you, sweetie ... The Mercedes Thompson world is lovingly detailed in Patricia Brigg's novels, and doesn't always use the same meanings for words as you might have come across in other places!
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Diablerie

Quote from: Kokaine on September 30, 2011, 11:33:36 PM
For your approval Hekate:

'The Four' – Vampire NPCs

Name: Sebastian Huges, 'The Ripper'
-is often called deartháir beag/little brother by Macha
-is sometimes rudely referred to as 'The Jack of Hearts'

True Age / Apparent Age: 151 / 28

Appearance: See pic. 5'10", 165 lbs, has tattoos down his arms, and almost always wears gloves.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Beyond the usual enhanced speed, strength, and senses, Sebastian's most valuable gifts lie in his exceptional hands. He can perform sleight of hand tricks that can fool even the supernaturally gifted if they only rely upon their eyes and his aim with blade or firearm is near perfect as long as he is able to accurately envision the target's end point. He has inherited a touch of his maker's uncontrollable sight, which is accessed through the touch of his hands but is unclear and comes as it wills. He also is able throw his voice considerable distances.

About: Dubbed 'The Ripper' mostly due to the timing of his change and his preferred method of killing (though he was actually in America with Macha at the time of the Whitechapel Murders), Sebastian is a rather amiable fellow for a vampire. His dream was to be a surgeon in life but unfortunately that dream was crushed when he developed a certain reputation. Shamed and discouraged, he instead found success as a magician... though success is a bit generous considering Macha discovered him when he attempted to relieve her of her jewelery at knife point one evening.

Very laid back, Sebastian finds amusement in just about anything and goes through his existence with a certain amount of glee not usually associated with Vampires. It is easy to see that he serves his Queen with every fiber of his being—not only because to do less would mean his end as it did the others before him, but because it was she that first showed him the inherent beauty that lay in death and freed him from his foolish mortal ways.

He is forbidden from ever touching her skin with his hands.

Name: Kanti, 'The Blind Priestess'

True Age / Apparent Age: 234 / 30

Appearance: See pic. 5'5" tall, very curvy build.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Possesses a flawless memory and exceptional senses, despite being well and truly blind. Has the ability to see magic and even read magic signatures.

About: In her mortal life, Kanti—her name chosen, not given—had begun to go blind at an early age. This was completely unacceptable to her and in searching for a cure she became obsessed with possessing eternal youth and immortality along with restored eyesight.

She is the only one of the Four to have sought out vampires intentionally, she knew they would either kill her while she was still young and possessing the last of her sight, or possibly give her that which she craved most.

Hearing of a mortal who knew far too much of their kind, Macha fully intended to kill the woman. However, upon first meeting, Kanti greeted Macha and appealed to her vanity and interest in things 'unique'. Possessing an impressive knowledge of the Arcane as well as a large collection of treasures, Macha at first drew Kanti to her menagerie with the intent of keeping her only as long as her blood would last but the woman had a knack for proving herself indispensable. Though her eyesight got better over time, upon her turning she woke to find her normal sight gone completely, instead leaving her with the ability to see shadows with no detail except where magic is involved.

Name: Yoichi, 'Kyūbi no Kitsune' (Nine-tailed fox)

True Age / Apparent Age: 304 / 32

Appearance: Stands near 6'6" tall, with broad shoulders, and lean musculature. Has black eyes and black hair that falls down his back to his waist.

Race and Powers: Vampire. The Kitsune possesses exceptional reflexes, and received the gift of exceptional speed from his maker though his strength is only average for one of his kind/age. However, in addition to the usual perks, Yoichi is a Master of shadows: he can call or disperse the shadows, has a form of teleportation that allows him to travel in the shadows, and can hide within them, cloaking his form or anything he is touching within them. He can also shapeshift into the form of a black fox (more the size of a medium-large dog) with red eyes. Is Shinobi/Ninja and well versed in their ways.

About: It is said that some generations back, his great-great-great grandfather was visited by a Kitsune in disguise and that they fell in love. If tales are true then she gave him great fortune in the form of the 9 sons that she bore. After the birth of her ninth she disappeared, said to have been called back to serve her true master after revealing her nature to her beloved husband. Indeed Yoichi's family was blessed with fortune until his father ruined it by dabbling in magics he knew nothing of, bringing a demon down upon him.

Yoichi was born of violence and brutality, and after his mother died he was sent to live with her relatives and taught in the ways of the Shinobi. A quiet man of great patience and intelligence, he took quickly to his craft and earned the name Kitsune for his crafty ways and seeming invincibility. When he was fully grown, he took up a quest for vengeance, seeking his father who had somehow managed not to be consumed entirely by his demon rider. The Queen, seeking to be rid of the demon infestation that would threaten her hunting grounds, offered him the power to be able to take on his father in exchange for eternity at her side. Holding a part of his father's taint, it was not a deal he could refuse.

Name: Tatianna Vizzini

True Age / Apparent Age: 41 / 26

Appearance: See pic. 5'9" tall.

Race and Powers: Vampire. Heightened strength, speed, and senses. Though she is not yet sure how, she is able to take the edge off of Macha's madness/mood swings for a short periods of time. Powers still developing.

About: Tatianna was born in California to wealthy parents but quickly grew bored with her spoiled lifestyle. Tired of being pampered and coddled, she developed a rather large streak of recklessness and while she was attending school in Portland that streak unfortunately led her directly into the path of the Queen on a hunt. Luckily, Macha was taken with her instantly... more in the way a cat watched a bird in fascination but still, it saved her life. There was/is something about the woman that calls to the Red Queen, something that soothes yet inspires hunger all the same and so Macha protects her in a way she does few others.

Tatianna aims to take the Arch Duchess' place as the Queen's lady in waiting and lover.

Human in Thrall

Name: Eddie Castro

Race and Powers: Human with a touch of fae. He has the ability to completely be-spell people with his dancing.

Appearance: 6ft tall, 175lbs, usually has a very thin goatee, and has a three tattoos.

About: Originally hailing from Miami, Florida, Eddie found himself in Portland after some seriously bad choices left him and his mother constantly ducking thugs out to get him. After his mother was attacked they packed up and moved clear across the country. He promised his mother he was going to do better this time and while he started out with the best of intentions, he quickly fell back into the dangerous lifestyle that had drawn him originally.

Unable to take it, his mother kicked him out the day he turned 18 and told him not to call her until he got his life together.  He couldn't blame her, but things haven't been easy for him on his own. He has mostly broken free of gang life, though he is constantly tempted back in, and now works as a male exotic dancer at night, while taking classes during the day.

One night when he was working, Macha came into the club (she is the owner, though she doesn't advertise it) with Sebastian. She watched him as he danced, drawn in and yet very conscious of the rest of the audience's reaction to him. She decided then and there that he would be hers. Something to which he had no objection.

The coven has my seal of approval and I can't wait to meet them! ;)

Bayushi

I submitted a Fae for your approval, Hekate.

Should be interesting for our Kitsune, >:), given the Fae I concocted's background and 'sub-type'.

O:)