Providence looking for guests (Firefly AU)

Started by Cynadea, July 26, 2013, 01:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

The Providence, a Firefly class ship, has landed on Beaumonde to pick up a cargo, a guest.

Here are some ideas:
A sheppard, looking to bring the word to the masses,
A companion who would use the Providence to go from planet to planet (The shuttle may be available),
A Jayne-esque character for whom it would be healthier to stay on the move (There's a plot floating around about this guy, PM me and I'll share it with you. Must be male).

There are 3 guest cabins opened. There is a crew-wide plot going on, though we're only at the intro stage. During that day, though, the guests will still have some crew member available to interact with, namely the doctor and the mechanic, perhaps even the gunner with her slightly sociopath behavior.

This is the ooc thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171270.0

Come and have a look :)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Definitely interested in the Jayne-esque role. With a reserve interest in the shepard.

Cynadea

For the Jayne-esque kind of character, there were ideas tossed around with one of the player. Her character Nicoline, kinda share Jayne's take on blowing things up and shooting her way through situations... The two characters would either bond through their love of guns or be at each other's throat about it. Check the OOC, I've thrown an idea or two about it in there ;)

Ember Star

I thought Ark was gonna do the Jayne role. I know he PM'd me asking what kind of guy Nick would be into.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Cynadea

I spoke to Arkhos, don't worry about it ;)

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

arkhos

Quote from: Ember Star on July 26, 2013, 04:36:31 PM
I thought Ark was gonna do the Jayne role. I know he PM'd me asking what kind of guy Nick would be into.

Yeah, if there is an actual player wanting to fill that role Ember, I am happy to step aside and let them have at it! :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Well thanks for having me. Very much looking forward to being a member/guest of the crew!

Ember Star

Quote from: arkhos on July 26, 2013, 05:29:55 PM
Yeah, if there is an actual player wanting to fill that role Ember, I am happy to step aside and let them have at it! :)
I know. I just had that moment of confusion when I saw it up there. LOL

Pipaluk

I'd be interested in playing a guest. Let me know how this character would work: daughter if a wealthy merchant who ran away from home (sort of--she's 20 years old--so not really running) to be an adventurer. Her father had wished her to be a merchant like him and expected her to take over when he was done. However, she was far more interested in becoming an adventurer. The only trouble is, she doesn't really have any skills useful to become a crew member of a ship. This far she hasn't been able to join a ship, so she has decided to pay her way through the universe. She's decided to use some of her wealth to become a guest on board a ship in order to see the universe.

I can work on a full profile later, but now it is time for me to go to bed. I just wanted to get your thoughts on that character.

Cynadea

Sounds like a girl that could learn a lot from the crew :) Build your character sheet and send it to me through PM ;)

arkhos

Yeah, Pip... that sounds very interesting... a 'blank slate' sort of character that could come to the ship not having much to offer, but learning as she went.

Perhaps she finds someone in the crew she comes to like and learns from them...

Lots of possibilities there! :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.