News:

Main Menu

Power Rangers RPM

Started by Sabby, August 29, 2010, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I just HAD to share this, it's too horrible and funny.
I started this thread simply for the video below, but I'm changing it to a general discussion thread on RPM :)

Power Rangers RPM Episode 7 RANGER RED 1/3 (HQ)

naryashadow

First off, omg I can't believe you got me to watch Power Rangers for the first time since..... well, since the first series. Second off, ROFL! That is absolutely horrible as you said. I mean, wow, there's mommy of the year! And I thought the originals were dumb XD at least they had a pink ranger then!

Sabby

Check out the kids face when Red places the stroller back down and looks inside. Complete, utter terror xD

Quote from: Youtube CommenterThat baby will always be afraid of heights, robots and black people

naryashadow

omg! *falls over laughing at the youtube comment* priceless!

Kunoichi

Personally, I'm a little more surprised at how easy the attack robots were to take out.  I mean, falling three feet off of a children's playground set?

They just don't build robotic minions like they used to... :P

Oniya

I don't think we got that series here.  The only Saturday cartoon block we have is the CW.  The local ABC affiliate stopped running theirs.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King_Furby

totally a remake of PR Turbo.

the only good pr besides the orignal arc was dino thunder.

Sabby

Just for clarity, RPM is Power Rangers set in Terminator Salvation. An evil computer virus called Venjix starts building armies to exterminate humanity, and we manage to escape into Corinth, a domed city protected by the Power Rangers. Meanwhile, everything outside becomes a Fallout style wasteland, irradiated deserts and ruins.

As if the Terminator influence were not obvious already, one of the main villian's, Teneya 7, is a brunette in dark red leather with eyes that flash red for a second, and the Black Ranger is an android, though has no idea how he came to be one.

I never saw Turbo, so I can't say if it's a remake, but... I don't really think a car theme is enough to base that on.

Also, Blue Ranger has a Scottish accent <3

QuestioningMySanity

ROFL.  Oh lord, I miss the original series...the pink ranger was my favourite. And I nearly died laughing when it showed the baby the first time...it's face... O_O

Yay for Scottish accents!  :3
I love fools' experiments. I am always making them. ~ Darwin

A/A's <-Update April 17th  On and Offs

Hunter

The Golden Touch

All I could think was... Really?  With the baby's stroller? WTF?!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Braioch

Oh good lord, that child....that and the other one used the mom as a weapon o_0

I mean...that's awesome and all, but one must really question the new rangers morality after seeing something like that xD

Also, Scottish Accent, I may just watch a bit more of that show for that ranger alone ^_^
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Sabby

There was just no reason for the kick flip at all.

Okay, that clip was silly, but I feel I must post another clip in RPM's defense. Sadly, I cannot get the right parts I want without postng two 10 minute videos, so I'll set the scene first.

Yellow Ranger, Summer, was a spoilt, rich girl, but when Venjix attacked, her 'friends' abandoned her, and she ended up stumbling through the desert crying and waving money (the moral? Money can't buy everything, and it's certainly not guna save your life when reality comes crashing in on you)

Her faithful Butler comes back for her, however, and she has plenty of time on the road to Corinth to review her life and feel like a total bitch... the following clip is part of her origin episode, showing how she became a Ranger, and also showing an ON SCREEN DEATH of a good character.

Power Rangers RPM Ep 9 Ranger Yellow Part 2 Part 2

I found it to be quite beautiful.

The Golden Touch

I would have throttled my parents. ><;;;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Lypiphera

Hehe! That child's face was such a picture... I couldn't watch most of it... it was just too horrible but thanks for the link!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Sabby on August 30, 2010, 05:41:12 PM
I found it to be quite beautiful.

I did, too. ^^

Though, I think the member of the team with the most tragic backstory was Dr. K.  I thought that episode was actually a little chilling...

Sabby

I had to share these as well :) Very epic fight scenes.

By the way, repurposing this as an RPM thread.

The Ranger's meet Venjix for the first time, outside of Corinth's walls.

Power Rangers RPM Episode 14 "EMBODIED" 3/3

While racing in the Waste's, The Ranger's are ambushed by Teneya 7, Venjix's most powerful general, and a small army of Grinders.

Power Rangers RPM Episode 13 "Brother's Keeper" 1/3 HQ

Ranger's Gold and Silver are introduced, effortlessly taking out several dozen Grinders, and even fighting off Venjix himself. this ones my personal favourite. very brutal.

Power Rangers RPM Episode 15 "Ghosts" 3/3

Kunoichi

Yeah, Power Rangers RPM had some really great fight scenes. ;D

Sabby

Uhg, I've had time to watch on, and now cannot stand Silver and Gold... what a friggen annoying pair.

Kunoichi

xD True.  I can't recall whether they got less annoying over time, or whether I just wound up getting used to them.  I think the writers eased back on them after a few episodes, though...

akalasEDGE

I am a weeaboo-ish sort of person, so I ended up watching most of the show in the Japanese version. Which is all about ecology, and they have a hot evil commander. (well, 1 of 3 at least.)

and yeah, Gold and Silver are way too ADD in RPM. Seriously, they bounce up and down and run all over the place until it's time to make something explode.

Hunter

Brandon

I havnt watched power rangers in years but as power rangers series go, yeah that RPM one seems pretty bad and thats saying something. Still its nice to see some origin stories instead of a single starter episode. It gives the show more staying power and more reason to care about the setting and characters

Since were sharing, I recall my favorite series being Zeo but I did stop watching after they went into outer space
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Kunoichi

...Actually, RPM was one of the better ones to come along, I'm afraid. ^^; If you thought it was pretty bad, I'd hate to see what your reactions would be to something like Ninja Storm, or even the original Power Rangers with all the nostalgia stripped away.

Sabby