News:

Main Menu

Carnivorous Furniture

Started by Sandman02, February 09, 2011, 09:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman02

For everybody that is naive enough to think that Skynet was just some plot device in some movie, consider the following: clocks and furniture that get energy by consuming organisms...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/02/07/133432897/meat-eating-furniture

Methinks it be only a matter of time before Watson, the computer AI that will be challenging the best Jeopardy champions next week, develops a taste for human flesh...

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

lustynova

I'm never sitting on a couch again....but it might be funny to hear someone say, "Is it really 5:30 or did you forget to feed the clock again?!"

Shjade

Quote from: lustynova on February 10, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
it might be funny to hear someone say, "Is it really 5:30 or did you forget to feed the clock again?!"
Mum, have you seen Fluffy today? I can't find him anywhere.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

lustynova

Quote from: Shjade on February 10, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
Mum, have you seen Fluffy today? I can't find him anywhere.

Great, the clock ate the cat. The couch ate the dog and Timmy is missing a limb because he was playing on the love seat.

Kalthus63

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she'll die.

No chance! She's a bloody Terminator!!

Shadax

This is just... disturbing.

You say terminator, but can you imagine the pure horror if those films had used this idea as well?! Eep!! *flees to the woods because the sofa is no longer safe!!*
"The level of subtlety in their relationship is comparable to the level of subtlety possessed by a herd of rainbow unicorns."

gaggedLouise

No need to scare your kids by pretending there's a tiger under the bed anymore... ;D

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"