News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Guess That Movie

Started by Nothing, June 26, 2006, 07:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alahendra

It's a great one.  A classic. :)  The children of the night, SHUT UP! line still cracks me up every time.

Lessee...maybe kind of an obscure one...

"Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora."

"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Elvi

Awwwwww........that was easy! - The three Amigos

It has so many great one liners.....
My favourite is just a classic that is used over and over, it's something like....

Maybe later you could kiss me on the porch?
No, the lips will do

Here's a one, that should be easy if you enjoy animations (Especially cult British animation) and if thats not a hint?

"I think you'll find this present a valuable addition to our modern lifestyle. They're Techno-trousers, ex-NASA, fantastic for walkies."

and a BIG hint:

"No more lodgers — more trouble than they're worth! I could just fancy some cheese. What do you say? Cheddar?... All's well that ends well, that's what I say. Uhmm... I do like a bit of gorgonzola..."

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on July 06, 2006, 07:52:09 PM
"I think you'll find this present a valuable addition to our modern lifestyle. They're Techno-trousers, ex-NASA, fantastic for walkies."

and a BIG hint:

"No more lodgers — more trouble than they're worth! I could just fancy some cheese. What do you say? Cheddar?... All's well that ends well, that's what I say. Uhmm... I do like a bit of gorgonzola..."

Wallace & Gromit, yes?  The only movie of their's that I know is "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" (very good one too)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

Ah.........but which film?

Vandren

Edited.  :)

The only film I know is "Curse of the Were-Rabbit," though I've caught others and forgotten their titles.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

*sighs*
Well you can't have it then.......
Thats like saying the film is "James Bond"
*grins*

Elvi

Quote from: Elvi on July 06, 2006, 07:52:09 PM

Here's a one, that should be easy if you enjoy animations (Especially cult British animation) and if thats not a hint?

and a BIG hint:

OK Vandren has named the 'Stars'  Wallace and Gromit.

Here's another clue.
It involves a bird in a very clever disguise.

Oh go on another.
Part of the title and a BIG hint is in the first quote.

Elvi

*sighs*

Another clue

Trousers and they are all WRONG!

Moondazed

~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Ariabella

Heheheh

I don't know any Wallace & Grommit except the Were-Rabbit, and that only from hearing about it.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Moondazed

~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Elvi

Bloody hell!
That was hard work......
Yes moon it was the Wrong Trousers and if you lot only know Attack of the Were Rabbit, then you really need to check out the others.
*smiles*

Moondazed

Another hint:

"May your loss be met with a hurricane of love."

Moondazed

Another hint:

"In that moment I knew success not greatness was the only god the world served. "

I love this movie, it's full of great quotes... so I can't help but offer them up :)

Moondazed

Another hint:

"Most of the sex I've had in my life was not as personal as that kiss."

Caity

Elizabethtown. 

I thought that one sounded familiar, but it was the 60B that got it. :)

"Did you carve up any ice... with your weiner?"

From a movie I watched today.

Maeven

Blades of Glory.

"Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race."
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

RubySlippers

I'm going to guess since this sounds like what Batman would say is the movie: Gotham Knights?

Maeven

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 21, 2008, 10:39:05 PM
I'm going to guess since this sounds like what Batman would say is the movie: Gotham Knights?

Nope. 

The Cardinal Rule

WyldRanger

Quote from: Maeven on August 21, 2008, 09:52:36 PM
Blades of Glory.

"Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race."

This is from the classic Kill Bill Volume 2 :)

Maeven

Quote from: Xana Cenad on August 21, 2008, 10:55:37 PM
This is from the classic Kill Bill Volume 2 :)

*nods* Your turn.

The Cardinal Rule

WyldRanger

Really long one here....sorry  :-[

"You know what? You're a criminal. 'Cause you rob these kids of their creativity and their passion. That's the real crime! Well, what about you parents? Did -did the system really work out for you? Did it teach you to follow your heart, or to just play it safe, roll over? What about you guys? Did you always want to be school administrators? Dr. Alexander, was that your dream? Or maybe no, maybe you wanted to be a poet. Maybe you wanted to be a magician or an artist. Maybe you just wanted to travel the world. Look, I - I - I - I lied to you. I lied to all of you, and I'm sorry. Dad, especially to you. But out of that desperation, something happened that was so amazing. Life was full of possibilities. A - and isn't that what you ultimately want for us? As parents, I mean, is - is that, is possibilities. Well, we came here today to ask for your approval, and something just occurred to me. I don't give a shit. Who cares about your approval? We don't need your approval to tell us that what we did was real. 'Cause there are so few truths in this world, that when you see one, you just know it. And I know that it is a truth that real learning took place at South Harmon. Whether you like it or not, it did. 'Cause you don't need teachers or classrooms or - or fancy highbrow traditions or money to really learn. You just need people with a desire to better themselves, and we got that by the shit at South Harmon. So you can go ahead, sign your forms, reject us and shoot us down, and do whatever you gotta do. It doesn't really matter at this point. Because we'll never stop learning, and we'll never stop growing, and we'll never forget the ideals what were instilled in us at our place. 'Cause we are SHIT heads now, and we'll be SHIT heads forever and nothing you say can do or stamp can take that away from us! So go!"

Bliss

Accepted. <3<3 Justin Long!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

WyldRanger

Bliss

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3