Cedarcliffe and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Feels

Started by Cedarcliffe, February 13, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarcliffe

Dudebros, ladychicks, and non-gender-normative individuals:

I seek a partner to play games with!

ABOUT ME:

I love conflict, strong emotions, dynamic scenes, great writing, and partners who can read the subtext, respond to the subtext, and give back some subtext for me to play with. I think that roleplaying is very like acting on a stage -- you have to be connected to your partner, you need to watch them carefully and respond actively to what they give you, because that's when the magic happens.

I'm like a mirror -- what I give you reflects what you give me! Give a sentence, get a sentence -- give a novel, get a novel. I'd prefer aroundabout 2-4 paragraphs (more is always fine if you have more to say) but whatever you give me, please PLEASE make it something meaty! Detail, action, subtext! Give me some juicy material for to respond to in a juicy way, and I will do the same for you.

I like it freaky! I mean it. Check out my O/O list if you don't believe me. I like it weird and I like it violent. HOWEVER, I'm not here for smut. Well...okay, I am a little bit here for the smut, for the possibility of smuttiness anyway, BUT for the most part I'm looking for an awesome story -- something complex and driven, with lots of feels and a plot so invigorating we're in it for the next chapter of the story and not the next sex scene. But speaking of feels...yeaaas. Feels. Feels are good. Angst and fucked-uppedness and unhappiness are freakin' awesome when they're well-balanced, and I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

As a heads-up, I use gender-neutral pronouns in plot summaries -- ze, zir, zirself -- where a character of any sex or gender identity will fit. Which is pretty much everywhere, though preferences are indicated.

STORIES:

These are the games I am interested in playing at the moment!
Others will appear as I write them up / as the jonesin' for 'em takes me.
If you're interested, shoot me a PM!

Right now, I am particularly interested in Fandom: Rise of the Guardians, but I won't say no to the others!

The character on the left of the cut is the one I'm interested in playing -- so Me x You.

FANDOMS
multiple fandoms below the cut

RISE OF THE GUARDIANS:
Pitch Black x Jack Frost

If you haven’t seen Rise of the Guardians, you totally should. Also, you should play this with me. Please please please. Jack Frost is the most lost of lost boys, filled with joy and sadness in equal parts, and Pitch Black is a gorgeous combination of totally evil and surprisingly sympathetic. I am so into it. I would be internally screaming for years if you would play it with me.

SUPERNATURAL:
Dean x Sam

Wincest is my favebomb. It’s so screwed up and codependent and I freakin’ love the shit out of it, and I would be ecstatic to play it. There are so many excellent possibilities for making these excellent boys horribly horribly miserable and hurty, which is obvs the best part of playing them at all. I am happy to play Dean or Sam, though I would prefer to stay in-universe.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA:
Erik x Christine

I have a weakness for misery and messed up people and making messed up people miserable, and characters don’t get a helluva lot more tortured than Erik. I have a slight preference for Erik, but I’m also happy to play Christine — I’ve seen her written as a powerful, striking mix of partner and protégé, and it’s that dynamic I’d be most interested in exploring with this pairing.

CONTACT
extraterrestrial x human

Quote from: Jarod Kintz, Love Quotes for the Ages.You tell me you love me,
but I’m not sure you know what love is,
or how fast it flies, or how much it resembles a UFO,
or what kind of weapon you’d use to shoot it down.

THE PLOT:

On a perfectly normal day of zir perfectly normal life, everything ze ever knew is irrevocably changed when ze is the victim of an abduction. Zir abductors are extraterrestrials, a team of scientists and explorers combing the universe for data on alien life, and ze was just unlucky enough to be one of the samples taken from Earth's solar system. Zir captors treat zir like humans would treat a lab-rat: ze is examined, analyzed, kept in a cage. Until one of their tests reveal a capacity for higher thought, however primitive. That's when they bring in their linguist, an individual uniquely qualified to connect with the subject both experientially and physiologically. Learning how to communicate with one another is not easy; it takes time and effort on both sides. But ze is just desperate enough, just lonely enough, and just strong enough to overcome zir fear and hate and pain -- and the outcome is surprising, to say the least.

THE DETAILS:

This is a horror-scifi plot with an emphasis on objectification, xenophillia, and Stockholm syndrome. This one is definitely going to be weird, though as far as the level of weirdness, mileage may vary. Depends on how comfortable you are. Full list of possible kinks below.

The nature of the story requires a cast of characters, but I only need someone to play the one: the human. The sex/gender of the abductee is totally up to you! If you wish to have more than one human character that is, of course, fine, but I'll create the alien world for your character to discover, including the various extraterrestrials. Even so, my 'main' character will be the linguist.

THE MAYBES:

These are just a couple ideas about where it could go.

• After discovering the human possesses intelligence, the linguist becomes zir advocate on the ship; this eventually leads to a confrontation between the linguist and the other extraterrestrials, ultimately culminating in the human's return to Earth -- and the linguist's banishment there. Now, it is the linguist who is trapped in a strange and unfriendly land...

• As the linguist and the human build a more trusting and meaningful connection, and the human becomes immersed in the extraterrestrials' culture, ze eventually finding zir place in their society -- with a little bit of genetic and surgical modification, of course...

THE KINKS:
List of possible kinks below the cut. Please note that these are only possible kinks, and that they are specific to this plot.

KINKLIST
Kinklist built on F-list

AND SOME MUSIC:
A fun extra for those inspired by their ears below the cut.

RESURRECTION
Resurrection (Robots Outro) by PPK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJgdLP2MAI

androgyne seeking F

INSOMNIA
incubus/succubus x dreamer

Quote from: Megan Chance, The SpiritualistYou learned to run from what you feel,
and that's why you have nightmares.
To deny is to invite madness.
To accept is to control.

THE PLOT:

It starts as a dream just a little too real. It haunts zir thoughts long after waking, and then dissipates into the haze of lost memories. Until it happens again, and again, and again. Until dreams become nightmares, and nightmares become horrors, and horrors begin to linger on zir body as well as zir mind. Something is circling the boundaries of zir consciousness, ravaging zir in the night and living in peripheral of zir vision in the day, slipping between shadows and licking at the edges of zir thoughts. Ze can't fight it, can't escape it -- sleep is inevitable, it's presence there is assured. Ze dreads the inexorable creep of exhaustion. That is...until ze doesn't. Until acceptance becomes anticipation, and something ze couldn't live with become something ze can't live without.

THE DETAILS:

This is a paranormal-horror plot with an emphasis on nonconsent, sadomasochism, and corruption/mind control. This one is going to sway in the direction of bloody and scary, with a hefty side dish of sexy. Definitely going to be violent, though as far as the level of violent, mileage may vary. Full list of possible kinks below.

This story requires a cast of characters to populate the waking world -- would be great if you could multiple, but not necessary. The sex/gender of the dreamer is totally up to you, I have no preference either way (hence the gender-neutral pronouns in the summary). I'll create the dream world, including the incubus/succubus, but I can also play waking-world characters if desired.

THE MAYBES:

• Over the course of their strange and horrifying relationship, the incubus/succubus becomes fond of its dreaming victim...until, in a moment of uncharacteristic softness, it reveals a flaw in itself. The dreamer pounces upon this revelation, and in the space of a moment, the captor becomes the captive.

• As time goes by and the incubus/succubus's visits become more frequent, ever-stranger, the dreamer begins to sense a change in zirself...ze is becoming more and more like zir demon with each passing day, until -- at last -- ze passes from the physical realm entirely, and permanently enters the world of dreams...

THE KINKS:
List of possible kinks below the cut. Please note that these are only possible kinks, and that they are specific to this plot.

KINKLIST
Kinklist built on F-list

AND SOME MUSIC:
A fun extra for those inspired by their ears below the cut.

PLAYING IN THE SHADOWS
Playing In The Shadows, by Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUFZhzdMrlg

androgyne seeking M or F

SALT AND SKIN
selkie x landlubber/seafarer

Quote from: Betsy Cornwell, TidesIt's the colors that will make you stray.
They sing to you, the not-blue and the searing light,
and no matter how tightly you tie yourself to the inbetween,
eventually you will break free.
No one swims only in the shallow water.

THE PLOT:

Ze sees it day after day, week after week, summer after summer. It emerges from the waves to sun itself on the shore, sleek and glossy and ungainly on the stone and the sand: a seal. Unusual for this place, but not unheard of. Over the winter months it vanishes, only to return when the weather warms. Always the same seal, always alone. Ze begins to anticipate its return each spring, and to mourn its disappearance come autumn. Until, one year, as leaves are beginning to turn, the seal slips free of its skin to become something else entirely…unaware of the watcher on the shore.

THE DETAILS:

Traditional selkie myth dictates that the person who steals and hides a selkie’s skin traps it, and that’s the idea here. This plot would deal with coercion, non-consent, kidnapping, possibly Stockholm syndrome, and all kinds of shady BDSM-type nonsense, such as cage confinement and handcuffs. I would prefer to play the ‘submissive’ role in this one, and though sex/gender is always flexible, I would prefer a male landlubber/seafarer trapping a female selkie.

THE MAYBES:

• The selkie, over time, becomes attached to its captor, coming to love zir in its strange, not-quite-human way. As their connection grows, so does the selkie's freedom -- so much so that it is able to find its stolen skin. When it does, it doesn't immediately flee to the sea, but returns to its captor, offering ze a choice: remain on land and wait for it to return when it will, or join it beneath the waves.

• When ze stole the selkie's skin and took it captive, ze never considered that it might be anything other than alone. But it was not alone, not at all. After it disappeared, things beneath the waves -- things much more dangerous than selkies -- began to stir. When they come for their missing companion, whether or not zir life will continue will depend on the choice of zir selkie captive...

THE KINKS:

KINKLIST
Kinklist built on F-list

F seeking M

BROKEN WINGS
TAKEN by SmilingFox
dragon x dragonrider

Quote from: Rainer Maria RilkePerhaps everything that frightens us is,
in its deepest essence,
something helpless that wants our love.

THE PLOT:

Ze was raised to fear the dragons. To hate the dragons. To kill the dragons. Zir beliefs were only confirmed by the way the creatures ravaged the lands they settled on, burning fields and eating livestock and slaughtering the people who tried to drive them off. So when ze sees the shape descend from the sky and disappear into the peak near zir home, zir first reaction is horror. Zir second is grim determination. Ze is smart, and ze is well trained, and it all pays off when ze manages to wound the beast -- but in the crucial moment, zir falters… and in that moment, ze realizes that there may be more to dragons than ze originally thought.

THE DETAILS:

If this sounds like the plot of How To Train Your Dragon, that’s because it basically is. Except this story isn’t in that era or universe, doesn’t involve those characters, and has very different dragon mythos. All characters and locations and worldbuilding would be original. This is a interspecies plotline, with lots of exotic anatomy, gradual bonding, and fucked-up feels (mostly for the dragonrider). As for the  intelligence and capacity for speech of the dragon -- milage may vary. Let me know what you prefer.

THE MAYBES:

• Ze and the dragon form a gradual bond, the dragon becoming more trusting of the zir, and ze more trusting of it. As they grow closer, and zir absences from home become longer and more frequent, zir family/friends/comrades become more and more suspicious. Until one of them follows zir, and makes a terrible discovery…

• As the dragon heals, it becomes restless; more so every day, until it can wait no longer. It whisks zir -- now increasingly disillusioned with zir close-minded, violent home -- to the place from whence it originally came: the dragonhome. But zir home is not the only one with deadly preconceptions…

THE KINKS:

KINKLIST
Kinklist built on F-list

M seeking any

Cedarcliffe

Updated "Contact" and added "Insomnia" to the Stories list.

Cedarcliffe

Updated "Contact" and "Insomnia" and added "Salt and Skin" to the Stories list.

Cedarcliffe

Cedarcliffe