Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Lol nice.  I like it Galnuis.  Might need a little editing work, but for what it is it's pretty good.  ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 10, 2016, 08:08:23 PM
Lol nice.  I like it Galnuis.  Might need a little editing work, but for what it is it's pretty good.  ;D
Edited :D save the pics and video.
If you are having a bad day, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Or just look up drunk deer.

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey....first thing's first, would you mind editing the Bio to A) include a picture, and B) make all the Headers Bold please? Thank you!

Second thing is a minor niggle...how exactly is a Pokomon - which is a four legged creature - going to be able to cook and make shelters in the wood as described in the bio? On account of it not having opposable thumbs and being the size of a small fox. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 10, 2016, 08:35:26 PM
Okey dokey....first thing's first, would you mind editing the Bio to A) include a picture, and B) make all the Headers Bold please? Thank you!

Second thing is a minor niggle...how exactly is a Pokomon - which is a four legged creature - going to be able to cook and make shelters in the wood as described in the bio? On account of it not having opposable thumbs and being the size of a small fox. :P
It has a mouth don't it?
If you are having a bad day, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Or just look up drunk deer.

Vergil1989

And some people are able to use their feet to do the things their hands can.  ;D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Galnius

Galnius

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, building a shelter I can accept, but cooking? That requires a lot more dexterity than paws can give, especially paws and legs as small as Pokomons.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 11, 2016, 03:58:05 AM
Yeah, building a shelter I can accept, but cooking? That requires a lot more dexterity than paws can give, especially paws and legs as small as Pokomons.
Cooking as simple as making tea and warming meat doesn't really take dexterity. Its survival cooking, not gourmet

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, but my point remains. Building the fire, lighting the fire, setting up the equipment, getting the equipment safely OFF of the fire, putting out the fire...all requires more dexterity than paws would give. And besides, who the hell is MAKING these tools? Starting a fire requires some kind of rudimentary tool, and making tea and broth and soup and whatnot requires containers, so who made THEM?

And ok, so, next time you make soup or tea from scratch, try doing it without your thumbs. Not exactly easy, is it? And your fingers can move individually, separate from each other (mostly). A paw doesn't have that luxury; a paw moves all together or not at all. So how does a tiny paw, with three or four "fingers" that can't move individually with no thumbs do cooking? They'd be limited to using their mouths. So next time you're cooking, try doing it with JUST your mouth and see how far you get.

It's survival cooking, yes, but it still requires more dexterity than simple paws and teeth can give.

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 11, 2016, 10:21:34 AM
Yeah, but my point remains. Building the fire, lighting the fire, setting up the equipment, getting the equipment safely OFF of the fire, putting out the fire...all requires more dexterity than paws would give. And besides, who the hell is MAKING these tools? Starting a fire requires some kind of rudimentary tool, and making tea and broth and soup and whatnot requires containers, so who made THEM?

And ok, so, next time you make soup or tea from scratch, try doing it without your thumbs. Not exactly easy, is it? And your fingers can move individually, separate from each other (mostly). A paw doesn't have that luxury; a paw moves all together or not at all. So how does a tiny paw, with three or four "fingers" that can't move individually with no thumbs do cooking? They'd be limited to using their mouths. So next time you're cooking, try doing it with JUST your mouth and see how far you get.

It's survival cooking, yes, but it still requires more dexterity than simple paws and teeth can give.
The digital world has many smiths.
She is lighting fires by smack rocks against each other.
Her only tool is a kettle with a handle.
She quite literally drops the leaves into the kettles water.
For cooking meat she starts a really small fire to heat rocks and drops the meat on them. As for where she gets the meat....the digital world quite literally has meat farms.
Making soup she does the same as making tea. Drop meat into water to make broth. Pour broth. And leaves she shreds with her teeth whilst holding them between her paws.

Galnius

For instance. Set one rock down next to mouth gathered wood.
Strike rock with other rock.
Repeat until something happens

Vergil Tanner

Ah, but the point of where they're dropped is that there are only a few scattered, isolated villages that largely keep to themselves. I said this when you were asking after what the terrain was like when working out where your and Vergil's characters met.

Look, the long and short of it is that I'm fine with her being able to hunt and make basic shelters and know her way around. But with all things considered, I just don't buy that she can cook, especially not since your bio makes it sound like it's self taught, with what she has access to, both tool wise and physically, especially considering that she is - at most - only two years old. Even for a Digimon, that's rather young.
Everything else in the bio I'm ok with, more or less, but the cooking is a no-go. She can learn it when she digivolves to Renamon, but until then, I don't see how she's had the opportunity and capability to learn how to cook in her current state. 

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 11, 2016, 10:48:53 AM
Ah, but the point of where they're dropped is that there are only a few scattered, isolated villages that largely keep to themselves. I said this when you were asking after what the terrain was like when working out where your and Vergil's characters met.

Look, the long and short of it is that I'm fine with her being able to hunt and make basic shelters and know her way around. But with all things considered, I just don't buy that she can cook, especially not since your bio makes it sound like it's self taught, with what she has access to, both tool wise and physically, especially considering that she is - at most - only two years old. Even for a Digimon, that's rather young.
Everything else in the bio I'm ok with, more or less, but the cooking is a no-go. She can learn it when she digivolves to Renamon, but until then, I don't see how she's had the opportunity and capability to learn how to cook in her current state.
Alright, I suppose.

So I must edit out the tea parts

Vergil Tanner

Please and thank you; everything else can stay, but the cooking parts need to be edited out.

Galnius

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey! Send me the Code [ "[ code]" ] minus the Writing Prompt, and I'll add you to Vergil's Bio as his Digi Partner. :-)

Vergil Tanner

There we go! If you'd like to mosey on over to the OOC's and introduce yourself, go ahead! I'll PM you the links now. :-)

InnocentSynn

Name: Kyaromon
Orientation: Straight

Appearance: A small, soft ball of fur, Kyaromon doesn't seem to be dangerous at all.  His large green eyes seem to exude a sense of innocence and his long ears are always perked up, unless he's sad in which case they droop.  His short legs mean he has to run to keep up with longer legged digimon and people.  He has a strong, furry tail that alternatives between his mostly white fur and purple stripes.

Personality: Kyaromon is very curious and easily excitable, often becoming sidetracked when something catches his attention.  Unfortunately, he is trusting almost to a fault, often believing others and placing faith in them, even if those around him don't do the same.  As a result, he can be manipulated fairly easily at first as he gives almost everyone the benefit of the doubt on first meeting.

Basic Background: Kyaromon's story is a rather bland one.  Bright eyed and curious, he always seems to wander around alot, often spending days away from the village when he finds something that catches his attention and chooses to follow it.  More than once, he's ended up being chased away from things when other digimon didn't want him getting too involved in whatever they were doing.  But this never bothers him and within a matter of days, he's off following another adventure.  He tends to be friendly with most digimon that he meets so long as they're friendly with him, so he tends to have lots of friends, though very few close ones since he's always out and about.

Digivolutions: This will be filled out as the story progresses, Documenting their various forms and the first time they Digivolved.

Theme Music: You've Got a Friend in Me

Writing Prompt: "Oh yummy!" Kyaromon cheered as he found a small bush that had red berries hanging off of it.  He knew from experimenting that these berries were delicious and they hung just low enough for him to reach if he stood up on the back of his short, stubby legs.  A smiling playing on his face, he balanced himself carefully and carefully bit off a berry from the bush.  A loud chomping noise could be heard for several feet around as he snacked away, easing the hunger that had developed from a day of wandering around the forest.  He often did so when the mood took him and today, it had taken him and he was now only vaguely aware of how to get back home.  He wasn't worried, though, he always found his way back.

Having his fill of the berries, or rather being unable to reach anymore of them, he let out a loud belching noise as he padded around for a moment, savoring the full feeling in his tummy.  Now that he'd taken care of that, he started to look around to figure out where he wanted to go next.  A sensible digimon might've considered heading back towards home in order to get there before nightfall, but he didn't mind being out at night.  It was alot of fun and sometimes he found really interesting things at night.  So if anything, he was going to go further away from the village and see if he could discover anything new that would hold his attention.

Suddenly, a blinding light appeared out of the corner of his eye.  Looking over at it, his entire body cocked slightly as he regarded it, he couldn't help but feel a strange pull in the direction of the light.  He was a curious one regardless, so he would've likely gone to explore it, but he was unable to deny this pull and he started towards it, moving through the trees without concern until he saw the light starting to dim.  Soon, he found himself at the edge of a small clearing filled with flowers.  And laying in the center of the clearing was something that he'd never seen before.  Without any hint of concern, he started towards the thing, his curiosity getting the better of him.

As he grew closer, he thought it was a digimon, but it was unlike any digimon he'd ever seen before.  He slowed his approached as it started to move and he would stand off to the side a bit until it would finally notice him.  And when it did, he would smile brightly at the strange thing in front of him.  "Hi!  I'm Kyaromon!" he said in a cheerful, excited voice, "What's your name?"

Sorry this took me a bit longer than planned....work kinda got in my way.

Vergil Tanner

No problem at all! I don't see any issues with it, so if you just edit his "Digivolutions" section to just say his current form, then send the Code to me minus the Writing Prompt, I'll post him up in the Character Thread and you can mosey on over to the OOC. He's Vergil1989's 'Mon, right?

Vergil1989

Um no that was Galnuis.  I'm not sure who Josh's partner is, but Galnuis and his Pokomon was mine.  ;D  Still, welcome aboard Josh.

InnocentSynn

Vergil Tanner

Not Vergil's, sorry, Lynnies. It's getting late, haha.

EDIT:
Yeah, I realised that after I posted. >.<

Vergil Tanner

Anyway, yeah, do that and then head on over to the OOC's. :-)

Kimera

Hello

I've always been tempted to join a digimon game, but never got around to it. I noticed at the title you were still looking for several digimon, so I thought I would show my interest ^^