Pathfinder! An Epic Campaign!

Started by Alric Sanosake, March 27, 2010, 05:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alric Sanosake

Been wanting to do something like this for a long time, but haven't found the right place for it, and I am hoping here is it!

For those who don't know, Pathfinder is like D&D 3.75! If any want to know more about it, http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Sourcebooks <--- look there. Also if you want a PDF of the corebook I can send it to you! I am looking for adventurous players wanting to experience a world and define it. Will you help for being a champion of good? Will you only seek fame and fortune? Or will you gladly help the world into chaos? Come and lets tell a story like no other!
I am the king... I am the god... I am the warrior... I am the husband... I am the father... but inside... I am truly the beast. The beast that ravishes, murders, and pillages. You ask who I am? I am the Wolf King. I am Alric. Fear me

Elven Sex Goddess

I am very much interested in a Pathfinder game.   I like to put in for a spot.

Also here is a link to Pathfinder site,  that has everything just about.   Pathfinder

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 27, 2010, 08:32:37 PM
I am very much interested in a Pathfinder game.   I like to put in for a spot.

Also here is a link to Pathfinder site,  that has everything just about.   Pathfinder

Thank you for the help! And Thank you for joining!
I am the king... I am the god... I am the warrior... I am the husband... I am the father... but inside... I am truly the beast. The beast that ravishes, murders, and pillages. You ask who I am? I am the Wolf King. I am Alric. Fear me

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you very much and your welcome

What level and character buy are you wanting us to start at?

Alric Sanosake

A level one works very well. If by character buy, you mean stats, the 4d6 take out the lowest and reroll ones and twos, for each stat is what I do.

Edit: The question is do people want to do the full on dice system?

rancorius

Alric Sanosake

Matthew

Oooh... I actually just bought the actual pathfinder book last week, my local store finally got it in stock... would love a chance to put it to use, put me down as very interested.

Alric Sanosake

Matthew

Also, as to your other question, point buy is ok, but the randomness of dice can be fun :)

Elven Sex Goddess

Let everyone know,  I am going to do up a elven rogue.   

WyzardWhately

I may roll up a sorcerer.  I'll meditate on whether I want to sign up for another game, and see what kind of dice roll I can produce.  I use invisible castle for online dice-rolling, if you don't object.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Alric Sanosake

None at all, So we have the essential rogue, the nuking sorcerer, we need a cleric, and atleast one tank and we are set, I may make the thank myself. So we need a cleric. We get on of those, and all others will be free to be what ever.

Elven Sex Goddess

Viviarri Questell,  Elven,  Lv 1 Rogue, CN

My character sheet, click image.

Background

Viviarri Questell full blooded elven cousin to the famous half-elven rogue Rory Questell.    Enticed and lured by the charm of gold.  The wander lust of adventure.   Driven by a greed,  a disdain for law.   This tall lithe beauty is very much swashbuckling  flamboyant creature.

Now it has been a hundred years since her cousin has passed into the annuals of history.   His exploits the muse of her inspirations.   Some would say it is Rory reincarnated all over again.    A possibility but not the case.    Perhaps it is in the blood line of the Questells.    That sparks such traits.  For from a very early age,  Viviarri exhibited all that wanton carefree traits of a lawless rake.   Of course Viviarri is blessed with a wealth of talents.   The intelligence to understand the deepest mysteries of arcane knowledge.   She could easily take up a path of nature in being a ranger or a druid.   Just as well she could have devoted herself to the path of piety of a paladin.    Or she could have walk the road of being a bard.   Yet none of those fit.   Each one would have pigeon holed her.    No the life of a rogue,  the very epitome of an adventurer.   This is her calling.   

Its bitten her hard.  For as she gained adult hood.    An took up the road to see the world and seek her adventure, fame and wealth.    One of the first human towns she came to.   Viviarri would attempt to to burglarize the mayor's estate.    As she in the spirit of the Questells would rip off a golden statue from the mayor's garden.    It took her nearly three hours to drag that stupid statue off.    In which it would have a posse on her for the next three months.   An the gold was merely painted, it was nothing more then a bronze statue underneath.    However, the risk for gold had been well worth the attempt.   Even through the outcome had been a bit disappointing.   

Present; Viviari finally has eluded the posse  as she seeks to hook up with a adventuring group.  To further her career and sate her hunger for adventure.   

Xiddeus

Umm, can the cleric be LE? Maybe of the Necromantic bent?
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Matthew

Hmm... I'll probably roll up a monk then, will have a sheet up shortly... was it ever determined if we're doing point buy or rolling for stats?

Melnibone

This could be great. I'm a big D&D geek, and I'll read up on pathfinder. Is a slot still open?

rancorius

Alric Sanosake

Yes more are welcome.

The rolling I stated at the beginning is how we'll do it.

A lawful Evil Cleric? Uh.. I was thinking a healing Cleric, but.. I guess?

Once you have your character made, PM it to me for approval

Cythieus

This is a level one game? I have a Bard I made for another Pathfinder game and her concept is pretty sound. The only issue is her weapon is kind of an inherited thing and would be unaffordable with any classes starting cash.

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 29, 2010, 02:11:29 PM
This is a level one game? I have a Bard I made for another Pathfinder game and her concept is pretty sound. The only issue is her weapon is kind of an inherited thing and would be unaffordable with any classes starting cash.
It is a level one game.

If you can write up a good story and reason to it, I will allow it.

Cythieus

Quote from: Alric Sanosake on March 29, 2010, 02:13:28 PM
It is a level one game.

If you can write up a good story and reason to it, I will allow it.

Awesome, and the weapon itself isn't broken, its just costly. It's a Guitar/Axe and its alive, though it only talks in her head so she appears crazy when speaking to it.

Alric Sanosake

I usually, at first level, allow for complete purchasing what ever they need, as long as with in reason. You want A good bit of weapons, okay, magic ones? NO. But I like the idea of it, so I will allow it.

Cythieus

Quote from: Alric Sanosake on March 29, 2010, 02:26:07 PM
I usually, at first level, allow for complete purchasing what ever they need, as long as with in reason. You want A good bit of weapons, okay, magic ones? NO. But I like the idea of it, so I will allow it.

Yeah it's not magic except the talking to her, there's no extra damage it works same as a Great Axe and I take a feat for that to even work.

Alric Sanosake

Very well, I accept this weapon of yours.

rancorius

thinking either human fighter or human healing cleric

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: rancorius on March 29, 2010, 03:07:49 PM
thinking either human fighter or human healing cleric
A healing Cleric is very loved. With a bit of what I have planned... A healer is good

Matthew

Quote from: Alric Sanosake on March 29, 2010, 02:09:04 PM
Yes more are welcome.

The rolling I stated at the beginning is how we'll do it.

A lawful Evil Cleric? Uh.. I was thinking a healing Cleric, but.. I guess?

Once you have your character made, PM it to me for approval

Gah, totally missed that, I'll get right on it then!

Callie Del Noire

Still open for others, and what roles (I see the monk has already been claimed. :D)

Elven Sex Goddess

Background added for the rogue. 

Alric Sanosake

So Far, if I am correct

A Rogue
2 Clerics
A Monk
A Sorcerer
and MAYBE two Fighters. (Me being one of them, though may change to a PALADIN!)
AND A BARD!

Cythieus

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 29, 2010, 08:59:12 PM
And a Bard.

Thanks for the reminder...damn thats a lot of people. I may have to lock it down. To this.. I think we are at a limit now.

Callie Del Noire

Alric Sanosake

Well in respects, Its still open till the characters have been approved and posted. I may kick the number down to 6 (not including me), so if you make a character and PM it to me. You can get in.

Cythieus

People just love Pathfinder, I find it so odd because everyone wants to play it and no one is running them, I actually am running an adventure path somewhere else but I don't see those going over too well on this site. On Myth-Weavers for instance, you will see like one Pathfinder game start a month. This is the first one I have seen on here and mine is only the second on the other site I go ti.

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 30, 2010, 01:55:55 AM
People just love Pathfinder, I find it so odd because everyone wants to play it and no one is running them, I actually am running an adventure path somewhere else but I don't see those going over too well on this site. On Myth-Weavers for instance, you will see like one Pathfinder game start a month. This is the first one I have seen on here and mine is only the second on the other site I go ti.

I will try to make this a good one and run more. I promise!

Melnibone

Quote from: Alric Sanosake on March 29, 2010, 09:02:18 PM
Thanks for the reminder...damn thats a lot of people. I may have to lock it down. To this.. I think we are at a limit now.

I put in a request earlier. If you have room for a druid, I'm game.

Chloe Milev

Aw, took too long after my statement of intent.  Well, if anything opens, I might try a new Pathfinder Witch.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Cythieus

I will have to find a place to post the weapon stats, there's not much but an Intelligence and an Ego Score.

rancorius

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Melnibone on March 30, 2010, 05:22:16 AM
I put in a request earlier. If you have room for a druid, I'm game.
Right now, I only have three characters approved, so make it and PM it to me to lock yourself in.

Cythieus

I did send the sheet over right? I wanted to change one thing about the weapon, no more axe, just a really hard guitar.

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 30, 2010, 11:32:04 PM
I did send the sheet over right? I wanted to change one thing about the weapon, no more axe, just a really hard guitar.
You posted it here, I would have prefered you PM it to me first, but I looked and approved, and okay.

Cythieus

Alright, sorry about that. I didn't realize you didn't want them here.

Alric Sanosake

I do, just wanted them approved before that. XD, its okay. I am pretty chill about it.

Alric Sanosake

ONLY TWO MORE OPENINGS!

Matthew is approved and should post it soon.

Cythieus

A little picture of what Ashley looks like :D

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 31, 2010, 02:39:24 AM

A little picture of what Ashley looks like :D

I'd tap that... wow, she is pretty.

Cythieus

She's probably just a bit crazy though.

Alric Sanosake

Cythieus

The Scott Pilgrim Trailer gave me wild ideas for what to do with a guitar weapon.

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 31, 2010, 02:51:37 AM
The Scott Pilgrim Trailer gave me wild ideas for what to do with a guitar weapon.
WHERE!~?

Alric Sanosake

FUCK YES! FUCKING GOD YES! I WILL SEE THAT!

Cythieus

Yeah I never read the books, but I want to see it. But that preview is why I dropped the axe part of the strat. It's just a guitar now, one made for hitting.

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 31, 2010, 03:10:14 AM
Yeah I never read the books, but I want to see it. But that preview is why I dropped the axe part of the strat. It's just a guitar now, one made for hitting.
I approve, this Guitar will become a legacy weapon.

Cythieus

Yeah I planned to keep it for the duration of Ashley being around, haven't decided what it will look like exactly. I do have a bit of a back story on her. Are we using the Pathfinder Campaign Setting?

Alric Sanosake

I have been trying to think on whether or not. I have a base idea and I will be building more as you all help me tell this story. But I have the campaign setting book, so I might.

Cythieus

The Pathfinder Setting is pretty well done, I have to say I love it when compared to something like Greyhawk. It seems traditional in some ways and at the same time not so traditional. I'm running a Council of Thieves game based in the city of Westcrown and the more my players look into the world the more they're impressed by how far it extends. You can actually travel to other planets (through gates).

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on March 31, 2010, 03:45:26 AM
The Pathfinder Setting is pretty well done, I have to say I love it when compared to something like Greyhawk. It seems traditional in some ways and at the same time not so traditional. I'm running a Council of Thieves game based in the city of Westcrown and the more my players look into the world the more they're impressed by how far it extends. You can actually travel to other planets (through gates).
Then I will, thank you for the advice.

Cythieus

Anything most players will need is offered on the Wiki and many of the players guides are free on Paizo's site. There's tons of interesting stuff, I recently read about the giant Hurricane that's constantly going in the southern regions of the main area, its called the Eye of Abendego.

Alric Sanosake

And know we know, and knowing is half the battle, G.I. JOE!

Matthew

Mia's back story was written with the pathfinder setting in mind, but honestly, it's generic enough all I'd have to do is substitute a similar deity if you decide not to go that route, so go with whatever works for you :)

Cythieus

So what's going on with this game?

Alric Sanosake

Cythieus

Ah I see. I was worried we weren't getting off the ground.

Alric Sanosake

I plan on getting it started tomorrow.. and if they don't PM them to me by tomorrow... we will start without them with only us.

Cythieus

Elven Sex Goddess

How many are submitted already,  3?   or 4?

Alric Sanosake

Yeah, 3 abouts, the 4 needs to get it on a sheet.

Callie Del Noire

I thought you were full and I've been busy of late. (School paperwork)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 02, 2010, 03:40:50 PM
I thought you were full and I've been busy of late. (School paperwork)

Not sure whats going on with regards to the cutoff.    Perhaps do a character and pm him with it.    Since others have not.   

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. Herolab has added the new concepts.. Tengu Alchemist?

"hahahahhahahhahah.. Bombs! hhahahahhahah."

Cythieus

Never really used Herolabs, I tend to stick with the core in PFG and maybe tome of secrets.

Callie Del Noire

Hero lab is a very helpful program that let's you use the core book and bestiary at the moment. (They added the 4 new classes from the play test.. alchemists seem useful)

Cythieus

I have Herolab, I kind of like making PFG characters by hand. Not sure why though. It's just fun to me.

Alric Sanosake

If you wanna get in on this, then hurry and PM me a character. I am letting ONE MORE DAY. But by Midnight of Saturday, its closed.

Xiddeus

For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Alric Sanosake

WE ARE NOW FULL! THE OTHERS WILL POST THERE CHARACTER SHEETS AND STUFF HERE! Once they do it, we are ready to go, any questions? Like RP questions?

Cythieus

My sheet is posted here I think.

Alric Sanosake

Your's is, I am talking about Callie Del Noire and Chloe Milev.

Chloe Milev

Moira "The Swamp Witch" Feydotter.  Latest in a long line to take the title and haunt the swamp, but is taking a leave of absence to explore the world first.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Alric Sanosake

No questions? Well all right. I will have the RP up in a bit, I need to wake up first.

Callie Del Noire

Durn it.. can't access my outbox to cut and paste what I sent you!

Alric Sanosake

I pm'd it to you Callie, I have decided not to have it in the campaign setting world and will craft my own. Or rather, I already have and we'll be using that. I will be posting the opening of the campaign soon.

Cythieus

I guess the risk we run is a world that none of the players know anything about, you know?

Alric Sanosake

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on April 05, 2010, 04:08:02 AM
I guess the risk we run is a world that none of the players know anything about, you know?
I am creating an OOC thread to actually explain the world... but I am so drained, I won't be finishing it tonight...

Cythieus

Alright, will take a look at it in the morning.

Alric Sanosake

Cythieus

I didn't even see these links posted here, damn the site seems to email me only when it wants.

Genbu83

Just displaying interest, should there be an open slot. Good luck and good gamming.

Cythieus

This never got off the ground although I wish it had.

Genbu83

A shame, looks like things are pointing towards me facilitating a game. I DM a lot offline. Couldn't hurt to do it online.

Cythieus

I was thinking about starting a game too, not sure what I would do though. I have had a change in character class desires since I made this Ashley here though.

Genbu83

I'd say aim for a basic party; Tank, DPS, Skills, Control, and Utility. Then use a basic dungeon and plot and guide character interaction till you got a feel for the party.

Cythieus

I tend to better with more socially based games. My main game I am running has been going for a year now and its mostly social interaction.

Kate

well if any feel like storytelling i would love to play a sorceress that specialises on mind control / or some strange magic the storyteller would like to try their hand at storytelling with

Elven Sex Goddess

Be nice if this breath life again.  Or if someone chose to run a campaign.

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on May 25, 2010, 05:40:58 AM
I tend to better with more socially based games. My main game I am running has been going for a year now and its mostly social interaction.

Have you ever seen the movie Flesh and Blood.   The band of mercenaries that take over the keep.  Something like that be a good social game. 

Quote from: Genbu83 on May 25, 2010, 05:32:51 AM
A shame, looks like things are pointing towards me facilitating a game. I DM a lot offline. Couldn't hurt to do it online.

Or if you decide to tackle it and run.  I be up for it.  Thou not sure would stay with the rogue.  Been hankering to play a fighter type.  Though not sure just what yet,  fighter,  paladin,  barbarian or another.   

Cythieus

I could get with either, I have a little Wizard character that I have been aching to get out of my own game and into some other one.

TheVillain

Hmm. . .I got a character concept I can rework if this gets off the ground. Especially if this is an Epic game.

Oren was born a Piper, meaning his mother was an elf and his father was a satyr. When he was old enough to understand he learned that the reason his parents never married was because they didn't romantically love each other. They were friends that found each other to be very attractive, but no more. And the family was fine with that- but a new church became prominent in the region. This church strictly enforced their narrow view of family and worked through the local government to turn their views into Law.

And thus Oren began his career as a Paladin of Freedom- a Chaotic twist on the traditional Paladin class. Years of adventure have passed and legends of a holy liberator that fights the slightest hint of oppression spread wherever he goes. Closely followed by legends of his volcanic sex drive and eye for women. Fortunately for the reputations of the women involved he's immune to disease being a Paladin and sterile being an elf-satyr hybrid.

Or he was at least. Very recently he's been getting visions, signs, and portents that- if he's interpreting them correctly which there's no guarantee he is- it seems his bedroom habits have gotten the attention of a deity he's never heard of who wants to bestow gifts, like curing his sterility. What the deity wants and why they are doing this is completely unknown, but he intends to find out.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Cythieus

So does someone want to run this or what's going on?

TheVillain

As I understand it, Genbu has given very tentative interest in running it- but I may be wrong.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Cythieus

Well I will wait to get a yes from him before jumping head long into character making.

TheVillain

Good idea, that's just story. Not even touching a sheet.